Rule of Thumb (F looking for M)

Started by The Dark Raven, November 14, 2010, 08:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

First off, I am looking for someone willing to write a story with me, as long  as the character is male, I have no preference whether the writer is male or female.

Also, please express interest/send questions via PM. I can find it better that way.

I would like to write a story of love lost and love regained.  I also ask that those I might write with enjoy the idea of a  historical story (or "anything but modern" as I really am terrible at writing modern).

The idea  is this: 

The nobility is threatened day by day by the increasing turmoil of Europe.  Revolutions seeming to spring from nowhere, their way of life is dwindling.   One such nobleman, loathe to see it go, is childless, slowly watching  his wife die of a wasting disease.

To secure his dynasty, he is faced with a difficult position: admit defeat or find alternate means of securing an heir.  But he is a proud man, not willing to take in an unknown orphan, and name a child not of his flesh his heir.

Instead a discrete advertisment is put out in The Times, far from his home in the moors of Yorkshire.  His requirement of a discerning lady is answered by many at the promise of payment, but only one catches his eye.

She is the daughter of a French farmer, whose farm is being forclosed upon, and she wishes to save the homestead.  Working in London as a governess, she would be ruined by his proposal of surrogacy, but she chooses the consequence deciding her father's happiness is more important than her own.

The story would follow the pair through their troubles, and through a growing realization that each has left a mark on the other, but under condition of the agreement, she would not be allowed to try and find him or the child that he has passed off as his dead wife's child.  His life as a widower (for nearly half of the child's life) has been hard.

Still living in poverty, the  girl is hired unwittingly as a maid (or governess, possibly) to the man's household, where they must learn to live their lives as if the other did not exist.  But for how long will the charade last?

The rating of the story can be nearly anything, and can be discussed over Pm with any interested parties.  If multiple people are interested, I will take multiple requests.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

The Dark Raven

Modified setting to "anything but modern."  (This is a personal inability of mine to make modern sound anything but dorky, so...please forgive me).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

fireflights

hey have a question....does the sex of the writer matter to you or not?

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

The Dark Raven

QuoteFirst off, I am looking for someone willing to write a story with me, as long  as the character is male, I have no preference whether the writer is male or female.

fireflights

oh haha missed that part but i like the story... wouldn't mind doing it will pm

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.