Only War(WH40K Game: Alive, Going strong and accepting characters! )

Started by Urbanzorro, March 02, 2011, 03:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

@Krayz, those special retinue members are in fact NPCs. Though I hope this doesn't change your desire to join the game ;D

@Everyone: Speaking of which I should be done with the opening sometime today so expect the game to open either today or tomorrow. 
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Krayz

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

The IC thread is up and open for posting!
Here's a link to the IC thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100191.0

I'm currently still accepting characters but only for a limited time longer so if you've been lurking, or want to get a 2nd character up please do so soon or risk losing the chance to.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

uoheinrich

Well, darnit.. You know I can never pass up an opportunity to do a 40k roleplay. Count me in!
Image:

Name: Trooper Auger Trimaine
Character's Allegiance: The Imperial Guard
Position: Guardsman
Personal history: Trooper Auger Trimaine was not originally from the "Lucky" 7th. Originally from his home world of Cadia he had fought in several campaigns earning a few battle trophies and the like. It wasn't until his unit was told to assault an Eldar held position that he lost most of his unit. They were ripped apart by Rangers and Dark Reapers before many of them had the chance to so much as bring there weapons up when the foul xenos appeared. He and a few members of his own squad were all that was left out of a 55 man platoon. He and his comrades held their position for 3 days before reinforcements could reach them and by that time they had accounted for 43 dead Howling banshees, 5 Fire Dragons, and several other aspect warriors. He found out later that the rest of his regiment had been almost all but wiped out save him and a few dozen others. Being as they were the only Cadian Regiment in the Army group the Commissariat decided that they should be integrated into the "Lucky 7th". Being from Cadia he had never really seen female guardsman, in fact, it was a hard concept for him to get his mind around. Though still reserved about women guardsmen he tries to keep himself in check and not start anything in his adopted regiment. He enjoys his position of plasma gunner and holds his weapon close to him hoping to cleanse everything with the unforgiving discharge of plasma.

Stats Before War Gear:
Health:7
Attack:4
Ranged Attack: 0
Accuracy:9
Agility:4
Intelligence:5
Defense:5
Perception:5
Stealth:3
Luck:3
War Gear:
laspistol 1, Veteran 5, Plasma Gun 5, Bayonet 3, Carapace Armor 3, Triple Skull 2. Total points used: 19 points
Stats After War Gear:
Health:7 + 1 = 8
Attack: Bayonet = 1, laspistol= 1
Ranged Attack: Plasma gun +5, Laspistol +1
Accuracy: 9 + 2 = 11
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 5 + 2 = 7
Defense: 5 + 3 = 8
Perception: 5 + 2 = 7
Stealth: 3
Luck: 3 + 2= 5
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Urbanzorro

@uoheinrich: Looks good, Character Approved.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Silk

Image:

Name: Ysena Curran (Alias: Blood Vixen)

Character's Allegiance: Imperial Guard

Position: Deathworlder

Personal history: After spending her entire childhood on a deathworld,
it is claimed that the Blood Vixen made her first target unintentionally
and at a young age. There was a prison break out within the confines of her
city, however as many children do, they explored the wilds, getting used to
the survival ethic needed to survive in this harsh world. She however, had
a gift for hunting and laying traps for her prey, going after the local fauna
she set several traps then awaited for her prey to arrive. But she found some one she didn't expect, one of the convicts stumbled into her trap, the venoms she coated the trap with causing him to become paralysed.

That was her first kill, finding she had a talent for stalking people as
well as Fauna, Blood Vixen then spent her days practicing with Rifles,
their range slowly increasing overtime. Until she came of age, and chose to
leave for one of the hive worlds to begin her life as a pathfinder, stalker
and as a killer.

It didn't take long for her to gain a impressive track record and reputation,
However nobody really knew who she was, so it was difficult to pinpoint her, which helped lead to her downfall, as someone of mute reputation, she was not spared from conscription for this new crusade of the imperium, not that she was against the imperium, but she had better things to do... At least they let her keep her equipment that had been designed for somebody of her figure.

Stats Before War Gear:

Health:        4 (7)
Attack:      5
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy:      6
Agility:       5
Intelligence:     5
Defense:          3
Perception:       7 (9)
Stealth:          7 (9)
Luck:             5

45/45
War Gear: Flak armour : 2
Deathworlder: 5
Long-Las: 3
Camo-cloak: 3
Ripper pistol: 3
Contract killer (count as Macharian Cross): 4
Stats After War Gear:

Health:        7
Attack:      2 (5 with ripper pistol)
Ranged Attack:
Accuracy:      8
Agility:       5
Intelligence:     9
Defense:          5
Perception:       9
Stealth:          15
Luck:             5

Urbanzorro

@Silk:
Looks good. Character approved

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lunareyes

With seemingly little love for the Ordo Hereticus and the Ecclesiarchy thus far I was wondering about the viability of a Sister Repentia; assuming the slot still is open as it appears and you are still accepting new characters. I'd be supremely interested in rolling up one the those brutal maidens.

Urbanzorro

Yes the slot is still open, and yes new characters are welcome. Also the Inquisitor spot has opened back up. We just had out inquisitor drop out.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lunareyes

I would thoroughly enjoy an Inquisitor role but as this would be my first group RP (on this Elliquiy anyway) I don't know if I'd feel comfortable taking such a high profile role. That said Inquisitors are one of my favorite aspects of 40k fluff and lore.

ArtemisHighmore

If I might be so bold as to comment, I don't feel that in this game the Inquisitor is going to be all that of a high profile role. It seems like the game is fairly divided in terms of interaction with characters and so it doesn't seem that you will be in charge of everyone or needing to lead. Given 40k fluff, I would doubt that an Inquisitor would even want such a high profile role as to lead the army, rather keeping to the shadows to observe and judge those that might be heretics. That is just my opinion on the role though. I am unsure of how our GM is going to run it.

Urbanzorro

ArtemisHighmore is correct, your role would focus more on small surgical things that the normal forces wouldn't be able to do on their own due to their size. Such as investigating strange readings on a ship during a major battle. Ect.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

uoheinrich

And of course the inspection of members of the crusade who would prove to be useful in the future... As well as sniffing out the odd heretic or mutant here or there...
Enemies of the Imperium hear me. You have come here to die, the Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down, his war machines will crush you under their treads, his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you... You cannot win.

Lunareyes

Well to further my reluctance I will be on a 3 week vacation as of Saturday. I was hoping to play a minor role if anything. A character that can take a lengthy hiatus without being missed if possible. This trip is sneaking up on me faster than expected, maybe best I just sit this one out for the time being.

Urbanzorro

Well that's perfectly up to you. This game should still be around by then. (Hopefully ;D)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lunareyes

I sincerely hope so! I'll wait and get back in contact when I know I have time to commit.

SomeGuy

Still taking characters? Got two write-ups in the works. Inquisitor and a guardsman, Inquisitor is pretty much done and just needs a good picture but I'm unsure how Lunareyes would feel about that. Posting what I have for the Inquisitor, since only the picture is missing. Do let me know if there are any mistakes/inconsistencies/unclear points (I'm pretty sure there will be some I missed, I'm dead tired, been having trouble sleeping lately) Will finish up the guardsman and post that later. I do have a question, there appear to be 2 Stormtroopers, though one was previously in the Inquisitors retinue. Does that mean both spots are taken, one is open, or it depends on the Inquisitor?

Image: In progress

Name: Gaius Metalus

Character's Allegiance: Ordo Hereticus

Position: Inquisitor

Personal history: Born as one of countless billions of a Hive World Gaius fell into the Hive Gangs and lived a life of brutal fighting over even the slightest fault, perceived or real. Gaius was able to carve out a place for himself through treachery and ruthlessness. It wasn't until a full daemonic incursion that his life changed from at best ending up face down in an alley and his name cursed by some small few. What was originally thought to be a push by the Adeptus Arbites to wipe out at least some of the gangs for reasons unknown turned out to be a ruse by heretics, securing a lock-down area where no one would care to venture and using it for foul rituals. It wasn't until a captured rogue psyker was 'misplaced' into their hands that things got truly dangerous. Their lack of knowledge had previously limited them to only causing a rise of mutations in the area, but with a psyker, an unsanctioned one at that, they were able to successfully call forth the foul servants of the Ruinous Powers. Had the Arbitrators themselves not been corrupted it could potentially have been somewhat contained by swift action, as it was though they quarantined the underhive and carefully kept any signs of the daemons from spreading. It started with only a few minor daemons, but once they were able to do as they pleased and weaken the holds of real space the daemon successfully opened a warp rift. Daemons poured forth into real space and quickly overran the entirety of the underhive before spreading upwards. If you were lucky, they simply butchered you, if not... well there are many fates worse then death, especially when daemons are involved. The planets Inquisitions representative took charge and lead the purging, which took just over a full month after they had fully brought their resources to bear    and that took almost a month by itself. There were almost no survivors, and of those few most had been tainted by the experience. Gaius though... while his body would be littered with scars, he remained pure in his hatred of the heretics and daemons. A minor Inquisitor saw that he might have some use for such a person and 'recruited' him.

So, at twenty-eight Gaius began his time as an acolyte in the service of the Ordo Hereticus, which would last just over two decades. As he learned more of psykers and how they played a role in the incursion on his home world he developed a deep loathing of them, at best they were a live grenade you could throw at your enemies. His Inquisitor was a bombastic preacher, and has his influence and experience grew he would travel from world to world setting up courts and holding witch trials, carrying little if a dozen or so innocents were put to the torch for every heretic found. After the first decade of service Gaius found himself working directly with the Inquisitor, and after the second he was elevated to the prestigious rank himself. Though he has kept in contact with his previous lord, he works with a very different style, preferring subtle manipulation of events and only acting when there was no other choice. When Gaius did act directly, he preferred terror tactics including more obvious assassinations, extensive use of flamers and chain weapons, and brutal short range fighting. He constantly seeks to expand his retinue with more assassins and keeps a careful watch for other exemplary individuals.

Stats Before War Gear
Health: 6
Attack: 7
Accuracy: 7
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Defense: 8
Perception: 5
Stealth: 7
Luck: 8

War Gear:
Digital Weapon- 2
Retinue- 5 (Warrior, Hierophant, Chirurgeon, Callidus Assassin)
Inquisitorial Mandate- 4
Carapace Armor- 2
Null Rod- 2
Inferno Pistol- 5
Total- 20

Stats After War Gear
Health: 6
Attack: 11 (23 vs infantry, 21 vs vehicles)
Accuracy: 7
Agility: 5
Intelligence: 7
Defense: 13
Perception: 5
Stealth: 7
Luck: 8

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheDon

All these youthful inquisitors... gah, what is the world coming to? Back in my day, you'd be a hundred before you got that high up... harrumph! :P
Enjoy writing, here to learn more!

Urbanzorro

@Some Guy, Looks good so far. Sorry about the delay in giving feedback. Was on a road trip for spring break...anyways I like the look of him once you add a pic he should be tip top

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

SomeGuy

Quote from: Urbanzorro on March 22, 2011, 10:36:55 AM
@Some Guy, Looks good so far. Sorry about the delay in giving feedback. Was on a road trip for spring break...anyways I like the look of him once you add a pic he should be tip top

I've actually ended up being a lot busier then I thought I'd be, calming down now though. I would like to hear from Lunareyes though.

Hmmm... crap. I had an image picked out, I can't figure out where the hell I put it though. I'll edit once I can find it back, or if I find another one that I'm okay with. Probably my own fault for having a misc. 40k image folder over 330mb

Urbanzorro

QuoteI've actually ended up being a lot busier then I thought I'd be, calming down now though.

That's perfectly fine ;D

QuoteI would like to hear from Lunareyes though.
I believe, according to her, its still going to be some time before she gets on E again.

QuoteHmmm... crap. I had an image picked out, I can't figure out where the hell I put it though. I'll edit once I can find it back, or if I find another one that I'm okay with. Probably my own fault for having a misc. 40k image folder over 330mb
I'm sure you'll find it.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

MissMeep

I've tried one of these in the past and would very much like to do so again.

Is the spot for a Callidus assassin still open?

Urbanzorro

Saddly the Callidus assassin is in fact an NPC. Though there are slots in the sisters of battle, and the imperial guard that are open.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.