(SPOILERS!!!) Chatting about Movies, Books, and Tv-series.

Started by Dark Rez, April 29, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Rez

Hey, so in light of infinity war-spoilers, I decided that I would make a spoilers thread. That way if we'd like to discuss idea's in a movie, book, or even a TV series, we could come here and talk and not in SB. Other people who haven't seen a movie or read a popular book and don't want spoilers should beware upon moving past this first point!

Dark Rez

What was your favorite part in Infinity War?

That fight between Hulk and Thanos was epic for me!! I loved it!

Aiden

I liked the interactions between the Guardians (of the Galaxy) and Thor, especially following how Groot looks up to Thor.

southerngambler

While I am not a big Cap fan I would ha e ro day the best part for me was when he showed up with Black Widow and Falcon to save Wanda and Vision. Also the fight on Wakanda when Thor tells "BRING ME THANOS" ...goosebumps

Aiden

Damn I missed that, I saw it twice the weekend and most likely go with anyone who wants to re-watch it.

I have a list of Easter eggs I was trying to catch...but failed for the most part. I hear there is an arrested development one during Knowhere scenes.

Ket

My favorite part of the movie was before I knew it existed.

THE FEELS HAVE ME SAD AND MAD.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Aiden

Iniquitous

Let me say it this way.  I LOVED the movie but DAYUM it went so damn dark!  My favorite part? Oh darlin, that is when Thor showed up with the ax.  A close second is Peter's last scene (which he improvised btw!).  That scene just gut punched me.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

dovaholic

The ONLY thing that disappointed me about the movie was that Proxima Midnight and the rest of Thanos’s Children were nerfed af. But then again, I realize that they probably had to be. Because, let’s face it, if Proxima was canonically correct in that movie, she would have pile-driven Natasha into the ground, and also, Captain America should not have been able to straight up just catch her spear like it was nothing when she threw it at him because anyone who knows the lore behind the spear knows that it never misses its target.

All my complaints aside, I still love that she appeared in the movie. She’s one of my favorite villains, and she was bae af. (Totally makes me want to look for a fxf role play in which she is a character, but that’s probably pushing it.)

CaptainNexus616

Thanos actually succeeding was probably one of my favorite points of Infinity War. I knew it was coming a mile away considering there is another Avengers movie in the works that was originally meant to be Part II to IW. However just the fact the villain won is impressive. Loki was the only other one to have done it, and Thanos killed him right off the bat.

Besides them no other villain in the MCU movies can say they won (because they are all dead not counting Red Skull hahaha #badjoke). Even then when it was all said and done, Thanos wasn't cheering, it was a bittersweet victory. He lost the only thing he cared about in the universe and after he did it, it was killing him inside.

On another note, I always joked that Red Skull was still alive somewhere in space. I am shocked/pleased the Russos actually brought him back.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

HockeyGod

I liked it in general. I'm not a huge Avengers fan, I grew up on X-men...which leads me to my biggest issue - the bazillion dollar corporations couldn't work together to have story lines that cross teams so that the X-Men would be part of this. Storm had an important role in Black Panther and we basically are just supposed to ignore it. Not too mention Wanda Maximoff did more damage to the Marvel Universe than Thanos did. Well, maybe not more, but just as twisted.

I did get a little sad when Spidey vanished...not that I'm particularly fond of the web slinger, but he was just a kid.

Obviously they aren't dead, but instead living in...ack...that might be too deep a spoiler!

Dark Rez

What do y'all think about the new deadpool 2 movie?