Marvel Apocalypse - (Interest Check)

Started by Veluux, October 28, 2012, 12:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

-  MARVEL   APOCALYPSE  -

Okay. First things first, I will not be GMing this game (though I am open to the idea of CO-GMing with as many other people that would like to help run the plot - personally, I think all players technically move the plot). The GM/GMs will be primarily to check up on people and help maintain interest. I think having multiple GMs is very important for group games, because if one GM has an emergency, the game can still go on.

The idea for this game is that the world gets turned upside down by an assault from Apocalypse, and a group of heroes must stand up and stop him. There are no set and specific characters to choose from - players can be ANY marvel hero or villain. The characters chosen by players will be alive and active while many key heroes that were NOT chosen by players will have already been killed at the start of the story during Apocalypse first assault. The deaths of friends, lovers, and rivals is a good way to motivate heroes and villains to team up against this super-villain: Apocalypse.

Some of the key rivals of player's characters may also have "sided" with Apocalypse and serve as further motivation and low-range antagonists. Players are free to be on the Apocalypse side as well - though with the restriction of only a couple may do so (just because you choose a villain doesn't mean to have to be a bad guy!). The story will center around the 'good guys' rallying and regrouping to plan a counter-attack to defend earth and defeat Apocalypse (which will essentially be a long-war).

This will be a free-form RP where combat is discussed between players and GMs via PM with the standard restrictions of no god-moding, killing off other player's characters, significantly affecting another player without their consent, etc. Story and plot is the main goal here and everything will revolve around it. (The best RPs have a good story and characters with depth to drive it, the combat and interaction is a by-product of those two main focuses.)

That is the general gist of it, and the details of the plot will be built as players choose characters to play. Original characters WILL be accepted so long as they are not a copycat of some pre-created hero/villain with the requirement that they are tied into to some Marvel canon character's story in some way, shape or form. (If you create an original character explaining this link to the world, your powers, and other pertinent information will be required in a character thread so that everyone is on the same page). Canon character's that have multiple versions (like Jean Grey / Phoenix) will need to be discussed with the GM's as to which version will be used and their power's/limitations.

An important thing to note is that since players may and may OFTEN be engaging each other in combat - try to avoid the high-tier combat characters with ridiculous power (like Galactus, Phoenix, etc). The game just wouldn't be fun if someone picked a character that was pretty unbeatable. Also we may tinker with the idea of Apocalypse assaulting the inhabitants of earth with some advanced bio-weaponry that will help balance out stronger/weaker characters. But again, this is just an interest thread - we'll need to see who is interested and in what characters before we go into details like that.

In summary:
          - Freeform Group RP
          - Players can play both Canon and Original characters (limit of two characters per person).
          - Players can play as protagonists or antagonists, regardless of hero/villain choice.
          - Apocalypse is the main enemy and the majority of the players (80%) will be fighting against him and his evil allies.
          - There are two or three GM positions available (which should be claimed by consistent, responsible players who have the time and energy to help maintain the game) - these duties could be anything from motivating players, pushing the plot, and posting important updates.
          - This is a Marvel Universe game, and elements of the story will draw from that universe alone.
          - Being a part of this game does NOT require an in-depth knowledge of the comics, but familiarity with them definitely helps.
          - The posting rate is flexible but no less than one post per week (barring emergencies communicated with the GMs). If you know you're going to be away or posting less than normal for whatever reason, communicate it with whoever you are tagging. Nobody likes to get hung out to dry with their character trapped in a dead interaction.
          - Post length is also variable, but try to maintain the flow of the story and give your fellow players enough meat to work with. A two or three paragraph post is fine here and there, but don't constantly plan on posting short and leave others nothing to interact with.
          - All standard courtesies apply.
          - Please respond below with all inquiries and character interests.
          - Choosing characters is a first-come first-serve basis.
          - This will be a semi post-apocalyptic world. Where many important cities have been destroyed (this can be discussed by players - specifically those who want to GM and plot out in more detail).

Tenative Cast thus far:
          - Veluux as Deadpool
          - Vaulera as Magneto
          - TheVillain as Nightcrawler
          - Kuroneko as Callisto (and/or) Forge
          - loislanekent as Storm
          - Jmorty33 as Nova
          - More to Come

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Veluux

Oh. I'm of course interested in playing DEADPOOL (a.k.a.) Wade Wilson!

I'd be playing him as a cross protagonist/antagonist (as well as helping co-GM).

Vaulera

Dear god, I kind of want magneto (my superhero crush, especially in first class) but I also like a multitude of other characters :P (almost all of them villains and or male.)

TheVillain

I do kind of like the idea of going in as Nightcrawler.

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Kuroneko

I'd love to play Callisto, sans tentacles *shudders*,  and/or Forge.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

VoluptuousVixen

Storm if you please. X

Jmorty33

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Vaulera

Nova, the grown ass man. Flexing. None of what I just said makes any sense to people who aren't big on fighting games.

Jmorty33

I'm guessing an Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 reference?

Veluux

Tenative Cast thus far:
          - Veluux as Deadpool (CO-GM)
          - Vaulera as Magneto
          - TheVillain as Nightcrawler
          - Kuroneko as Callisto (and/or) Forge
          - loislanekent as Storm
          - Jmorty33 as Nova
          - More to Come

Be sure to mention if you're interested in helping GM. I'll need at least one person. Hopefully we can get two willing players to take on these duties.

MaiMizzu

This looks like it could be alot of fun. I've played many Marvel characters in my time. I wouldn't mind playing Wolverine (I know, obvious). I've RP'ed as him before extensively. I could also play Psylocke. Shadowcat maybe. Is there any specific character you think would be a good addition to the RP? I'll fill whatever role we need, I can be diverse.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Bludmagnus

I would really like to join this game.  I have no problem playing Wolverine (Logan) and one other character if it is acceptable.
"Shame is an unhappy emotion invented by the hypocritcally pious in order to exploit others."

Personal self-quote:  Jaded is having the only key to the handcuffs and locks.

For consideration I link my O/O post here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42014.0

VoluptuousVixen

I would happily Co-Mod this Game with you Veluux.
Here are the heroes thus far....

Kuroneko

We don't have to use comic book images, do we? *notes the absence of Forge :P*  I've admin'ed a Marvel game for over 8 years so I have a lot of real life images for characters already made, ;-). 

VoluptuousVixen

Need to finde a good Forge pic... anyway use Actors as visuals if you wan`t. 
I just started findeing pics of Google cos I was bored.
xxxx

MaiMizzu

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

1SAZ

"Eh, mon ami, do we need a Ragin' Cajun in this party?"

Yes, that is me applying as Gambit.

Kuroneko

Quote from: loislanekent on October 28, 2012, 08:26:05 PM
Need to finde a good Forge pic... anyway use Actors as visuals if you wan`t. 
I just started findeing pics of Google cos I was bored.
xxxx

The only decent images of Forge are to be found in the Mystique title.  Otherwise he looks like what a white man thinks a Native man should look like, lol. 

Veluux

Quote from: Bludmagnus on October 28, 2012, 07:44:45 PM
I would really like to join this game.  I have no problem playing Wolverine (Logan) and one other character if it is acceptable.

Yes; as stated in the quick summary above, players are allowed two characters max. Though I belive MaiMizzu claimed wolverine before you. If you want it you'll have to get her permission, since she stated a few other characters she wouldnt mind playing.

Quote from: Kuroneko on October 28, 2012, 08:23:14 PM
We don't have to use comic book images, do we? *notes the absence of Forge :P*  I've admin'ed a Marvel game for over 8 years so I have a lot of real life images for characters already made, ;-). 

No, you dont have to use comic images. And while I do not mind if you choose to use them, I would prefer that everyone selects a real-person photo for their character. The recent marvel movies have done such a great job bringing the characters to life that I think casting you character with a real life model, actor, etc would make for a classy game that feels more alive.

Vaulera

Never has there been a better Magneto than in first class, but just going by age, the magneto in the first few movies will have to do. Also, keeping it in mind, Wolverine is the oldest member of the X-men, would he have recovered his memories by now?

Veluux

I would just like to reiterate that most ANY marvel character is acceptable for this game. I see a lot of XMen, which is fine, but not a requirement. I am hoping to get a wide range of history with characters so it truly feels like the whole world is at war. I know Apocalypse is mainly an XMen villain, but he will have allies like maybe Dr.Doom, Carnage, the Taskmaster, Mandarin, etc. So feel free to pull from any corner of the Marvelverse for this game.

I should also add that telepaths and the like are off limits. Think Xavier, Pheonix, White Queen, Psylocke at her prime. Players will never be allowed to control other players actions and this is a combat tactic that psionics rely heavily upon. Thus those will not be playable characters, though they may show up as NPCs.

Veluux

Quote from: Vaulera on October 28, 2012, 11:13:10 PM
Never has there been a better Magneto than in first class, but just going by age, the magneto in the first few movies will have to do. Also, keeping it in mind, Wolverine is the oldest member of the X-men, would he have recovered his memories by now?

I hated the actor selection for the early movies for Magneto. He is so much fitter and younger feeling in the comics, despite his age. First class finally did him right. As for wolverines memories, that depends. Part of this game is keeping it newbie friendly - so hardcore history wont be a point of emphasis. Add details for depth, but not to the point that people need to go research every character to understand WTF a player is posting about. Just reveal slowly and tell your charcter's stoy over the course of the game.

Since the characters will be from around the globe (and universe maybe), they will be learning alot about each other. Use this convenient plot device to build up the version of the character you think best fits the setting, time, and situation. Just because we are writing a new chapter in the cgaracters story, doesnt mean it cant be placed before the characters most recent life-changig events.

Gah, hate typing from my phone. Ill check back and respond more tomorrow.

Vaulera

NOW WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE. Blade is Marvel property. Would blade be acceptable for this roleplay? Because he is one of my favourite characters from anything.

Veluux

Quote from: Vaulera on October 28, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
NOW WAIT JUST A DAMN MINUTE. Blade is Marvel property. Would blade be acceptable for this roleplay? Because he is one of my favourite characters from anything.

I dont see why not. Blade would be an acceptable character. It is the whole world Apocalypse is affecting. I dont consider Blade a part of a separate world. Deadpool might comediaclly scratch his head and make a side comment or two about it through the forth wall though.  :P

MaiMizzu

When you pointed out its a marvel and not just x-men tthing.. Well i think i wanna play iron man too. And we already agreed he would be playin logan. Im playin psylocke... And mebbe iron man

Madriv

I'd like to put in for Loki  (minus any telepathic/psionic powers), unless he's too over the top. Otherwise, put me down for Morbius (to mess with Blade) or Madcap (to mess with Deadpool).

;)

Vaulera

So yeah, make that Blade instead of Magnus. I feel obligated to play some sort of female character or another, so I'm open to suggestions and I'll keep looking for one that I would like.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Madmartigan on October 29, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
I'd like to put in for Loki  (minus any telepathic/psionic powers), unless he's too over the top. Otherwise, put me down for Morbius (to mess with Blade) or Madcap (to mess with Deadpool).

;)

*glomps Mad*

apygoos

I have an OC id like to use, as ive never been abel to sue what i have set up for him in the marvel universe yet. As for a canon character I Dunno who id settle on yet

Name: Jacob Wheatly
Alias: Mid-Knight
Identity: Secret
Bio[marvel universe]: Jake Wheatly is the boy billionaire who saw through his parents more sinister goals and acts against Xaviers School for Gifted Youngsters and exposed it to the world, sending them to jail, and getting control of Wheatly Enterprises itself. Since then he has been able to continue its prosperity.

While he himself has no powers he used his money to buy the equipment needed to sitll be able to make a difference in a world of super criminals. He joined the Avengers Academy under the alias Mid-Knight and underwent training from Captain America [Steve Rodgers] and Hawkeye [Agent Clint Barton], as well as working on gadget/tech design with Tony Stark while on that team. After a time he broke off to work alone. He still keeps his ties to his friends in the Avengers, and the X-Men as well making various bonds in both teams. Should they ever need him, he wont hesitate to respond

Powers/abilities/equipment:while he has no powers his suit and gear are of a design that he worked with Tony Stark to develop.
-Mask:His mask looks fairly simple as it acts to protect his identity, but it gives him a HUD that allows himt o acess various files at will should he need them be they from SHIELD, local police, FBI. The mask also give him Xray, Thermal and night vision that he can toggle at will.

-Knightarangs: a boomerang/shuriken like device that he can use to accuratly throw for various utilities such as cutting a line, disarming foes or perhaps even just a distraction. Theese also have explosive, sonic and electro variants.

-Fighting staff/batons: In the back of his utility belt he carries a staff that extends to about 7 feet in length, which could also be split in half and uses as batons should eh activate the feature. Either end sports electrical nodes that eh can activate for added utility for taking down tougher foes.

-Bolas

-smoke bombs

-Grappling hooks

-suit/cape/cowl: aside from the armor plating underneath, the suit itself is of a kevlar weave, sporting the colors of midnight blue and black

screenshots taken in Champions Online

if you need anymore info, please ask me! id love to be in this!
PS..lol I just realized the two screenshots are 2 different variants of his suit XD the drawing and second screenshot are accurate to his current suit

Vaulera

HOLY SWEET JESUS BATMAN, THOSE SCREEN CAPS ARE GIGANTIC. But seriously, maybe consider imguring or reducing the size of those, ever so slightly, by like 800 pixels.

apygoos

sorry bout that >.> should be much better now

VoluptuousVixen

I was just going to say what kinda bio format should we be using. xxx

MaiMizzu

Am I the only one questioning his character? I mean.. he's just batman, who is trained by captain america, hawkeye and tinketed alongside tony stark. Is there an avengers academy? I haven't bought a new book in a while, but I never heard of that. If I'm overreactin.. well ill be quiet then. Heh

TheVillain

There was an Avenger's Academy set up after the Civil War. So he's not making that part up at least. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

Doesn't look like Rogue has been taken yet.  If not, I'd like to claim her.

TheVillain

Let us know if you want us to start making profiles, wise and powerful GM.

Vaulera

Well, I sort of agree about his character, but he's more like Nightwing or Robin. Even the name is sorta like Nightwing. Yeah, the Avengers Academy existed, but to be honest, it had specific recruits, like the first wave of X-men, being Beast, Magneto, CX, Havoc etc.

Jmorty33

Hmmm I see apygoos character as a good version of Hush that received training from some of Marvel's most prolific characters. It's just a little too convinient if you ask me.

apygoos

Quote from: Vaulera on October 29, 2012, 05:41:50 PM
Well, I sort of agree about his character, but he's more like Nightwing or Robin. Even the name is sorta like Nightwing.
bonus points for you! He is a homage to Dick Grayson, but is very much his own character.

apygoos

im also surprised no one in this thread has pointed at Moon Knight yet, Marvels Batman. Most powerless characters end up taking on the martial arts/gadgeteer

Jmorty33

While Moon Knight was in mind when I saw the name, but when it came down to the bio it was more like Hush to me since the whole deal about the parents being a part of how he becomes a hero.

apygoos

When I originally made Jake [in Champions Online] I didnt wanna go with the standard "my parents are dead" I figured id try and be at least a touch different.

VoluptuousVixen

Vaulera, you could play Magneto with Fassbender. He had blonde/whiteish hair in promethius?
And Magneto has this ageing thing in the comics which keeps him from getting really old in the 616 universe.
Magneto bloody rocked in XMFC.

Bludmagnus

Actually, if no one has an issue, and they are not taken, I would love to play both Captain America or/and Moon Knight as well.  Also, Moon Knight does have super powers, they just fluctuate with the phases of the moon.  At least that is what I remember....
"Shame is an unhappy emotion invented by the hypocritcally pious in order to exploit others."

Personal self-quote:  Jaded is having the only key to the handcuffs and locks.

For consideration I link my O/O post here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42014.0

VoluptuousVixen

Another question what buildings are left?

Avenger`s Mansion (Starks former family home)?
Stark Tower?
Baxter Building?
Doctor Stranges Sanctorirum?
The Jean Grey School for higher learning in New York?
The Daily Bugle?
The Hellicarrier?
the mutant Utopia in San Fransico?

I suggested that for the Xmen types that they could use Warren Worthington`s penthouse in the Alps as a base og operations. But we would need someone to claim Archangel I guess...

apygoos

Quote from: Bludmagnus on October 29, 2012, 06:21:55 PM
Actually, if no one has an issue, and they are not taken, I would love to play both Captain America or/and Moon Knight as well.  Also, Moon Knight does have super powers, they just fluctuate with the phases of the moon.  At least that is what I remember....
depends on /when/ youre playing him, they phased his powers out a while ago, but hes still insane, if you did play him with powers though, that's how they worked

Jmorty33

Quote from: apygoos on October 29, 2012, 06:14:10 PM
When I originally made Jake [in Champions Online] I didnt wanna go with the standard "my parents are dead" I figured id try and be at least a touch different.

Incidentally you made it more like Hush's backstory but, rather than killing them to inherit the fortune (like Hush attempted to by was stopped by Thomas Wayne), you had him put them in jail and had him become a hero.

apygoos

yes his Champions Online variant was a more general "We hate meta humans" thing for his parents, and he started as a vigilante at 16 as a secretive way to show that humans and metas could work together. Once he found out his parents were involved in criminal activities, his Mid-Knight alias went and got the evidence needed to bring them in

MaiMizzu

Quote from: loislanekent on October 29, 2012, 06:25:49 PM
Another question what buildings are left?

Avenger`s Mansion (Starks former family home)?
Stark Tower?
Baxter Building?
Doctor Stranges Sanctorirum?
The Jean Grey School for higher learning in New York?
The Daily Bugle?
The Hellicarrier?
the mutant Utopia in San Fransico?

If I may.. if Apocalypse has made his big push, then he wouldn't leave any of those buildings standing. He'd want to kill as many heroes as possible, and then demoralize those that survive. And that means destroying as many landmarks as possible.

Veluux

Wow... so many replies while I was gone at work. I have a few minutes to read through them, but I can't answer all the questions just yet. I'm pretty swamped until Thursday night. I'll have to get more of the roster filled out then as well as answering all of your questions.

That is a big reason I emphasized in the game summary of GM help. Because unless we have at least one other person (hopefully two) willing to step up, than this game isn't happening. My work schedule is just too hectic to fully GM three games. Any takers?

As for buildings - I like the idea of throwing all of the surviving heroes out of their element. ALL major faction headquarters have been destroyed. Xavier's school, Stark Tower, Avenger's Mansion, as well as all the big villain group headquarters. Since New York is the most hero-oriented city, it is also near-demolished (think London after the peak of the German bombings in WWII). It's rebuildable - but 10x worse than the chitari invasion from the Avengers movie.

Apocalypse also has bio-suit soldiers (not quite super soldier level like Cap, and their suits are not nearly advanced as ones like war-machine or iron-man.. but they do grant boosted strength, speed, stamina and 'jump jets' - not full flight capability).

I honestly didn't think that THIS many people would be interested. But that's a good thing. It will take me longer to get the roster listed so its easier for everyone to know who is taken and who isn't. Would be lovely if someone could post a reply with updates on who all has been claimed so far, since I can't get to it till Thursday night.

Also one of the requirements of producing an original character was that they don't resemble a hero that already exists. So you'll need to get really creative if you want to play an original character. It has to be dynamic and different. I think that Mid-knight resembles a few Marvel character's already, so he'll need some unique tweaking to be acceptable. I might get a chance to check E again before I head to bed - and I will PM with the things I think are too cliche.

If anyone has any SPECIFIC questions that I haven't answered or covered in the first-post summary, please PM them to me if you want a faster response. Be sure to read through other's posts if you are wondering if a character has or hasn't been claimed. I wish I could make this a little smoother of a process, but I just don't have the time at the moment. I had the idea (with loislanekent's input), but the time... I am lacking.

HELP WANTED!

Catch you all later tonight - hopefully.

apygoos

sounds good, im open to tweaking as obviously, this is a differnt jake all together im making, so bring on the PM

MaiMizzu

If I may, after we get the final roster together.. can we perhaps have a relationship thread? As in like.. each person posts the relationship they have to each of the other characters? Does that make sense? Since we all have differing levels of knowledge of the marvel universe, it might help us all to be on the same page.

Vaulera

Well, Blade's relationship with everyone else is... there isn't one. DONE, Blade complete.

Veluux

Quote from: MaiMizzu on October 29, 2012, 07:44:25 PM
If I may, after we get the final roster together.. can we perhaps have a relationship thread? As in like.. each person posts the relationship they have to each of the other characters? Does that make sense? Since we all have differing levels of knowledge of the marvel universe, it might help us all to be on the same page.

I've participated in one of these in another group game and I thought it did do a good job of pulling together a cast of odditites. It's a little time consuming - but since we are mostly all playing canon characters we won't really be doing character bios. It would be a good replacement - let everyone get a feel for each person's take on their character and the way they plan on interacting with others.

Great idea I think.

I will get the roster put together and posted by Thursday and boot up a relationship thread so people can work on it over the weekend. Maybe we'll be ready to launch sometime next week?

Still looking for GM candidates, by the way. PM me if you're interested - it's really not as intimidating as it seems. My first time GMing on E I was filling in for someone who ended up permanently going MIA, and I realized it's not that bad at all. It's kind of fun to put all the pieces together and guide the story. Anyhow, enough ranting - off to bed for me!

(Sorry if I couldn't get to everyone's questions tonight, I'll try to hit a few each day - but nothing big will happen until Thursday night - late. Like 9 or 10pm MST.)

Kuroneko

I would personally like to do character bios just because I have a different take on the characters I'd like to play, but that's just me. 

VoluptuousVixen

Agreed with kyroneko can we do character bios?
Im torn on my second character, Invisable Woman ore Black Widow.
My issue with Susan is I dont like Mr Fantastic all that much and the face she`s a mom to two kids.
So despite her kickass power set mabye I should just play my ol faveourite Black Widow.

Im willing to help out with the modding but we need a third party.

TheVillain

Hell, I'll just go all the way and do it. :P

Name: Kurt Wagner
Alias: Nightcrawler
Identity: Secret but known to some authorities such as the British and German governments.
Bio: Ah, the lives of mutants. Such strange and wonderful things sometimes. Sometimes not so wonderful. For example- Mystique. She figured out very quickly after getting her powers that she could take forms that looked male. Of course, what she discovered along with her then teammate/lover Destiny that sometimes those forms don't just look male but they are male when Destiny got pregnant. A little weirded out to say the least; and perhaps understandably so, especially since the baby boy had blue skin, pointed ears, fangs, and a tail; they ended up giving the baby to Margali Szardos- a sorceress and gypsy queen posing as a circus fortune teller.

Raised among the Bavarian Circus, Kurt would become a star acrobat and trapeze artist leading a surprisingly blessed life. It helped that those who knew that he wasn't wearing a costume were circus people who knew a few other 'freaks' as well. He'd taste stardom, adventure, love, and drama for the first time under the big top and never get enough. Unfortunately the circus would get bought up by an American Millionaire who, among other things, began chaining up and drugging Kurt so that he'd be part of the sideshow and not one of the main acts. Released by a young boy, Kurt would threaten the owner into being a better Circus owner then run away.

He'd be introduced to the larger world of superheroics when he actually managed to stop a serial killer with magical powers, but the witnesses saw his demonic appearance and believed he was the killer. The resulting manhunt would end up with Kurt meeting Charles Xavier and joining the X-Men.

Nightcrawler has been an X-Man and a member of a British team called Excalibur as a sort of modern day Swashbuckler. He even tried being a Priest for a while but discovered that the Nun who presided over his vows only did so because she hated mutants and she wanted revenge on the Catholic Church for covering up the fact that she was raped by another priest. Intending to get revenge against both Mutants and the Church in one fell swoop by exposing Kurt as 'Satan'- Kurt would eventually foil the plan but because of her motivations he'd learn that his vows didn't count. Between the conflict and his growing unease with the child abuse scandals, Kurt Wagner would eventually decide to not try to renew his vows. He hasn't lost his faith in God, but he has lost faith in the Church.

Not that he was that good of a Catholic anyway. A Swashbuckler who loves adventure at heart, his luck with the ladies has been joked at as another power. One not quite as funny now, in one such adventure he met a time travelling superheroine from the future codenamed Nocturne who claimed that at some point in the near future he would impregnate the Scarlet Witch. Considering Nocturne also had yellow eyes, blue skin, and a tail he wasn't about to ask for a DNA test. Now that he doesn't know if Wanda is even alive or dead, that seems more cruel then funny.

Powers:
Teleportation - Perhaps his trademark ability, Nightcrawler is well known to be a skilled teleporter. His range leaves something to be desired, only a few miles at most, but with practice and cleverness he's worked out quite a few tricks and tactics that make BAMF a noise almost as feared as Wolverine's SNIKT. He also seems to have some sort of unconscious ESP ability to prevent teleporting into solid objects.

Invisibility - Discovered by accident, it turns out that in poorly lit environments Kurt can turn completely invisible.

Abilities:
Acrobatics - In part due to theorized minor mutations along his spine to deal with a tail and in part simply due to a lifetime of training, Kurt's agility and acrobatic ability is at LEAST on par with gold medal Olympic gymnasts and may qualify as low-level superhuman agility.

Hand-to-Hand Combat - Between his agility and training from the X-Men, Kurt is considered an accomplished martial artist. Nowhere near Iron Fist's level to be sure- but he'd put in a respectful showing in the Olympics.

Swordsmanship - While his Martial Art skills are considered certainly respectful, he's considered nothing short of a World Master at Fencing. The X-Men's expert Swordsman, with a blade in one hand he's an absolute nightmare- with a blade in two hands and his powers he's managed to fend squadrons of Doom-bots by himself. With a blade in each hand and a blade held by his prehensile tail. . .

Equipment:
Swords - When the situation is dire Kurt makes sure to carry at least two fencing blades, often three so he can use his tail as well.

Image Inducer - Thanks to technology developed by the X-Men, he can use a holographic devise built into a wristwatch to appear like a normal human. This disguise only makes him Look normal.

Faith - Formerly a Priest, Kurt's religious Faith has often driven him to face dangers even more powerful teammates have taken pause over. Not a Zeolet exactly, but does devoutly believe that there is a God and an afterlife.

NightCrawler - Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Veluux

Hold on to your character bios for the moment. This thread has enough going on in it, I dont want it to fill up with a bunch of stuff. I will make a character bio thread and give you all a format that includes relationship information. So hold on posting them for the moment. I will be creating an actual recruitment thread since we have so much interest. Ill also make a character bio thread for approved characters/canon-claims. Everyone who has claimed a character already ill have locked in.

Thanks for the patience.

apygoos

has tony stark been solidly claimed? if not id like to play him as a canon along side my OC

MaiMizzu

Veluux

- GM UPDATE -

The official recruitment thread is live, the link for it is HERE. I have made a few adjustments based on the discussions that went on in the previous interest thread (PMs incoming for those who were seeking to play original characters). I also made it so that while everyone is entitled to play two characters, only their first one can be 'claimed'. If another player wants to use that character as their primary character than they can't be used for someone's secondary character. So if you have a preference on who that primary character should be - let me know now so I can quickly change it and avoid confusions. PM me asap with your primary character. I tried my best to put down the first choice characters that everyone had seemed to post. Let me know if I've erred.

Thanks! I will be launching an OOC Thread in a few moments, so please do not post in the new recruitment thread with any OOC banter or questions not related to recruiting and not already covered in the revised plot and information. Much appreciated!

- Veluux

EDIT: OOC and Plot Discusion Thread is live: HERE

Kuroneko

Just a note to Veluux and everyone else, since this game is going to be taking place in the Non Con forums, I'll be dropping out.

Good luck with the game, everyone!  I'm sure it'll be great fun :-). 

Madriv