Kings game, seeking 3-5 players.

Started by backlash84, October 23, 2018, 09:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backlash84

This would be my first time GMing a game on here, although to be more exact, we are all going to be playing the GM in this particular game. :)

The game is simple, and mainly free form in nature. Our characters will be high school students (necessary, as I would like them to lack real world experience, and have a reason for a bunch of rando's to be grouped together), from the same class. One day they all receive a text message from "The King", giving specific orders to some of the students. These orders are to be followed, otherwise a punishment will be issued to that individual.

At first, the text is laughed off as some joke being played by someone in the class. However when the first order is disobeyed, and the punishment actually happens... well, the rest of the class start to take things a little more seriously.

The first few orders (and punishments) will be fairly mild in nature, getting progressively more difficult and cruel as the game progresses, turning things from "truth or dare" to "Survival horror". Orders are given at noon, and punishments are given at midnight if the order has not been followed. As GM, I am going to give each of you a number. When it is time for an order to be given, I will use a random number generator determine who will act as "king" (note, you will be acting as king, not your character. None of the characters involved have any idea who/what is doing all of this). As king, you will send me your order and punishment, and I will post them to the main forum for all to see. This way, no one knows who is/isn't acting as king. You can choose to have the punishment known when the order is given, or keep it as a surprise for those who do not follow. :)

The only rule for the king is that the command/punishment cannot directly involve your character (otherwise the king might just use there order to get their characters rocks off, and although amusing, won't make for a very interesting game), and that is at the start of the game we don't start off with anything too extreme. Now, by not naming your character directly, this doesn't mean your character can't become involved... if you order one character to punch someone in the face (not specifying who) the character ordered to do so may end up punching your character! Other than that, you are free to be as sick and twisted as your heart desires. :) (Note, if the player the order/punishment is inflicted on has a weak stomach/has their order/punishment on their offs list, we'll do a "fade to black" and just imply it happened, don't want to push anyone too far).

Because we will be taking turns as King, I'm actually going to join in as a player as well. I am looking for an equal (or close to equal) number of men and women interested in playing the game. I want to urge that those who do play try to remember that their character should STAY in character. Logically you know they should follow an order to avoid punishment, but your character might not be so willing to do whatever the order is.

If you are interested or have any questions, post below and I'll do my best to answer.

First Post:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
It had all just been some big, dumb joke... that's what they'd all thought, a prank pulled by one of the nerdy kids in class to make out with Stephanie, the blonde cheerleader. The text message had been simple and to the point. "The king orders Stephanie to kiss Eric. She has until midnight, if she does not obey by midnight, she will be punished." It was a corny little prank, but when confronted and mocked for it, Eric swore he hadn't been the one to send the message.

It wasn't until late that night that things took a dark turn... at midnight, they all received another message. "Order disobeyed, Stephanie's punishment, her hair will fall out." And then, like magic... every single hair fell from Stephanie's head, leaving her completely bald. Of course, not everyone was convinced, thinking this was part of some elaborate prank by Stephanie, others didn't know what to think... it shouldn't be possible, yet, at noon the next day, another message from the King arrived... and another order was given.

TheHangedOne

Mark me down as interested. I do have something to bring up, though. We all get a number, and you use a random number generator; that's a great idea for keeping people in the dark. But what are your rules for things like, for instance, what if number 4 gets rolled consecutively? Would you reroll it, to ensure it's always someone 'fresh', or could their potentially be someone that just consistently 'lucks out' and stays king for an extended period of time?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

backlash84

I think that for the fun of it, I'd make it so that you can't win consecutively. So the current kings number would be a re-roll when rolling to see who is king next.

azzmeister89

Sounds like fun. I didn't really  get into the anime for this but as a game it could be interesting.