Contagion [Post Apocaliptic, Drama]

Started by Miyu, January 21, 2012, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

July 2,2011 a new virus was discovered in Japan, the virus seemed to be more deadly than the latest virus. The first week alone were over fifty people infected. Two days after the first week the first death was reported to the virus, it seemed to be taking strength little by little, more and more people were getting infected and nobody knew why exactly this was happening. The second week encountered over a hundred dead in Japan only. It was a state of emergency, Japan was locked down and nobody could get in and out of the island until it was all resolved however a single mistake ensured the rest of the world fell into the virus. A man, hurried to get outside the island before the first death happened managed to get to the US. There he grew sick and two weeks later he died, it was later discovered he had the virus. From that point on the virus took over the entire US and Japan spreading over to the eastern part of the world and finally infecting the world.

As much as they tried, scientists could not get ahold of a cure slowly but surely the virus took almost all humanity out except those few that proved to be immune. Now with the world empty and only them being the survivors how would humanity grow back and if they did would the world ever be the same again?

OOC: This is just a interest check to see who is interested in this rp. There is no zombies, there is no monsters just humans and the decisions they make. All humans are that humans and they can die as easily as any other.

TheHangedOne

So all characters would be those that had an innate immunity to the virus, then? And threats will come from... well, lots of things. I'm interested.

Where would you be setting this game? Any particular geographic region, any specific city or such? How much of the country's population is left?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

eiselmann

Sounds interesting would be up for this
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Miyu

I am thinking somewhere like boston, the population its very very small like twenty people in the town alone. All food stores rainsacked and such as that. yea you are all immune

TheHangedOne

It'd be difficult for all the food to be gone in a city that big, especially with the rate of death. Still, stuff like fresh foods should be gone by, and I'd imagine stores would be a breeding ground for disease (with all the fresh produce and meat rotting away) and vermin.

Their should still be a readily available amount of canned food and bottled water.

I'd imagine the big threats to worry about are rotting bodies (with everybody dead or dying during the outbreak, their just wouldn't be any way to dispose of them all; and rotting bodies will bring disease and pests that can kill the survivors), and the eventual return of animals.

edit: mind you, it's just my two cents. Do as you will with it.
Check out my poet tree!

eiselmann

We'd have to get out of the city sooner rather than later...I'm picking there would have become a point where authorities would have become overwhelmed and burials and even burning bodies would have been just impossible to keep up with...unfortunately those bodies are disease factories..so logically part of the story would be either the journey to a place we can more easily make body-free or clearing a small part of Boston and hanging in there for as long as possible
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

Miyu

what you do when you are in the story its open, I will try to make this rp as open plot as possible. So whoever it's interested say I so I can count and make sure before i even start doing the profiles and such.

eiselmann

I'm up for it, I like the idea of characters having to deal with the consequence of their decisions moving foward without having to zigzag around the living dead.

I know you're waiting for interest before working on profile info...but I'd play my character as a tourist from New Zealand...which is what I'd be should I ever find myself in Boston immune from the virus that killed 99.999 percent of the world's population.

My ons and offs link

Confused

I love pandemic-type settings for post-apocalyptia.

Well, I think I'd like to participate.

Do you have a Conspiracy Theorist yet?

Miyu

[float=right][img]imglinkhere[/img][/float]
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Skills[/b] (stuff like cooking, fixing mechanics stuff like that)
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Limits[/b] (sexual and otherwise)
[b]Bio:[/b]

Confused

Here's my character, Miyu. Tell me what you guys think.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this website, and couldn't find a good pic. I'm the one on the left.

Ray Collins

Male

Personality: Paranoid, obsessive-compulsive, and anti-establishment to a fault. Ready to help people, but only because now, in this new world, he feels right instead of crazy. He can't help being paranoid, but this world actually needs people like him.

Skills include Forensic Investigation (fired), Hunting, Gardening, Conspiracy Writing (publisher burned down), Cooking (fired), Automotive Repair (downsized), Military (Contract Completed), and several other skills to a minimal degree.

Ray is attracted to most things that are human and have a pulse, regardless of gender, but tends to both dislike genuine intimacy and ritualize sex as well due to his newfound germophobia since the outbreak. He doesn't trust anyone at first, but has a special resentment for legal authorities. He'll kill people if he has to, but not anyone under 15, or that hasn't violated some twisted moral code.

Biography: Grew up in an abusive household, under an emotionally crippling father and a paranoid schizophrenic mother. Formerly (before society collapsed) an antisocial and highly aggressive man, with a slew of libel lawsuits for claims he has made of a grandiose conspiracy revolving around a secret government-driven execution program. Tendencies include ritualizing even minor events, and attempting to draw others into his obsessive fantasies. Spent two tours in the U.S. Army during the Iraqi War. As a published author without any other job, he spent day and night either researching his latest conspiracy or developing a proficiency with some new skill. The neighbors said he was "Always quiet, always said hi, though." As soon as the disease broke out, he covered every inch of his apartment in blue duct tape. Years of hoarding supplies had finally paid off.

playfullchick76

I would be interested in being a part of this one, if theres room.

eiselmann

RL is ugly for me for the next 36 hours...I'll be onsite a few times but getting a profile up will take 36 hours or so....definately interested

My ons and offs link

Miyu

Quote from: Confused on January 22, 2012, 02:30:20 AM
Here's my character, Miyu. Tell me what you guys think.

I'm still trying to get the hang of this website, and couldn't find a good pic. I'm the one on the left.

Ray Collins

Male

Personality: Paranoid, obsessive-compulsive, and anti-establishment to a fault. Ready to help people, but only because now, in this new world, he feels right instead of crazy. He can't help being paranoid, but this world actually needs people like him.

Skills include Forensic Investigation (fired), Hunting, Gardening, Conspiracy Writing (publisher burned down), Cooking (fired), Automotive Repair (downsized), Military (Contract Completed), and several other skills to a minimal degree.

Ray is attracted to most things that are human and have a pulse, regardless of gender, but tends to both dislike genuine intimacy and ritualize sex as well due to his newfound germophobia since the outbreak. He doesn't trust anyone at first, but has a special resentment for legal authorities. He'll kill people if he has to, but not anyone under 15, or that hasn't violated some twisted moral code.

Biography: Grew up in an abusive household, under an emotionally crippling father and a paranoid schizophrenic mother. Formerly (before society collapsed) an antisocial and highly aggressive man, with a slew of libel lawsuits for claims he has made of a grandiose conspiracy revolving around a secret government-driven execution program. Tendencies include ritualizing even minor events, and attempting to draw others into his obsessive fantasies. Spent two tours in the U.S. Army during the Iraqi War. As a published author without any other job, he spent day and night either researching his latest conspiracy or developing a proficiency with some new skill. The neighbors said he was "Always quiet, always said hi, though." As soon as the disease broke out, he covered every inch of his apartment in blue duct tape. Years of hoarding supplies had finally paid off.

weird but original character, I like it. Welcome

Quote from: playfullchick76 on January 22, 2012, 08:12:15 AM
I would be interested in being a part of this one, if theres room.

There is always room

Eleah

Mmm could be interested! Just waiting to see what other characters you get!

playfullchick76

My character would be in Boston on a working visa, working as a reinacator on something for tourists, does that work.

Historicity

Hi! Would there be a space for another nut- er, that is to say completely mature and helpful individual?

(I think they're buying it.)
Also? I can kill you with my brain.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

Confused

I don't think you can quota crazy. There's always more nuts. Welcome to the Trail Mix!

Historicity

Anyway, I don't know if there is room or not, and it's probably a silly question anyway. I'll just drop in a CS and see if it works, that all right?

Michael Howell
Male

Personality: Michael is what a very odd person. No, he's not overtly insane, but he tends to babble on about strange and inane things which, while often true, are seldom relevant. He is a very messy person by habit, preferring to surround himself with chaos and let things fall where they may. He is mildly superstitious, believing in luck, curses, charms, the evil eye and suchlike. He can sometimes be obsessive about things which catch his interest, pursuing them relentlessly and often forgetting to eat or sleep. Basically, he is the type of manic personality which would have spent itself on fantasy novels, video games and hobby kits had the world remained sane. As it is, his current environment is perfect for the development of a mad scientist archetype.

Skills: Michael is a tinkerer. He works best with small mechanical things and electronics, but he also knows a good deal about... well, a little bit of everything scientific or technical. He can build you a greenhouse, a CO2 gas laser, a steam engine or hot air balloon. Before the fall, he couldn't bare the thought of being pigeonholed into one career or another, and so became a generalist. Learning much of everything, but not studying anything specifically. Aside from that, he's had a few years of Aikido, and is a talented swimmer. He's never actually fired any gun bigger than a .22, but he'll probably approach that with more than enough enthusiasm if nothing else. DO NOT, let him cook.

Limits: Michael is a technical pacifist. He doesn't want to kill anyone directly. He doesn't seem have a problem causing a death by indirect action, so his pacifism can be attributed to sheer squeamishness.
Sexually, he would classify himself as heterosexual, but he is the slightest bit bi-curious. He has a tendency to be submissive, but he can really play any part he feels like.

Bio: Michael has been living as a college student in Boston since he was eighteen. He had almost completed his bachelor's before the end came. Before that, he was raised in the country by a very religious family. His father was a disabled veteran of the Vietnam war, and so the government was paying for his schooling for as long as he cared to take it seriously. His dad wanted him to join the army. His mom wanted him to get married and get a job. He did neither, and hasn't spoken with his family for quite a while. When the plague came, he was living with his girlfriend of six months at their apartment (Another reason his parents weren't on speaking terms). Now, she's dead, his family is dead and he's got literally no one.

Check out my On's and Off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132510.0

Also, my 1x1 roleplay requests: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=130337.0

TheHangedOne

NameAlexander "Alex" Carter
Age 27
Gender Male
Personality Aloof; Has a tendency to keep to himself, and keep others at arms length. Calm; not prone to emotional outbursts. Planner; he's always got an idea, a plan of action, for whatever's going on around him. The gears and cogs in his brain never stop turning.
Skills Cooking (competent), chemistry (college level), biology (college level), pharmaceuticals/drug knowledge (modest), electronics (minor), fire arms handling and maintenance (Pistols and rifles).
Limits Heterosexual, but generally shows no interest in sex; in truth, he likes strong, sexually dominant partners.
Bio: Born in [city], and lived there his entire life, some might call his life average. He went through public middle and high school, made a few friends, worked part time (when he was old enough), graduated highschool and went straight towards a public college. Really, their has never truly been an eventful moment in his life.

Even when he passed his certifications and joined a private security firm, nothing ever seemed to change. He's never had to shoot at anyone in his entire life.

And he was okay with that. He was prepared for the life of nothing exciting ever happening. But then the world went and got flipped around, and went to hell and back. Now he finds himself unprepared (for once in his life) and even a little scared.

Other: Being an avid gun-owner, he is currently in possession of an Armalite AR-7 semi-automatic hunting rifle with an optical scope (high contrast, 4x zoom), chambered to fire .22LR. He has two ten round magazines, and a total of 60 rounds for it. Additionally, he has a Ruger Speed Six-shoote, a revolver chambered to fire .357 magnum rounds, of which he has 30.
Check out my poet tree!

eiselmann

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name Daniel Karl Wright
Age 19
Gender Male
Personality Very laid-back you'll hear him say 'no worries' often , more so if there is in fact something to worry about. He's got a 'give it a go' can do attitude
Skills He's a farm boy , if it moos or goes baa he knows how to handle it, also an accomplished horse rider and while he's never been in the military he knows how to handle a rifle, used to working long hours he's not afraid to get dirty
Limits He's just turned 19 he's spent a month in the US with an accent that opens female legs quicker than he can say 'Hello my name is...' ,if its got tits and is human he's interested if she's a babe he's in lust. VERY hetero.

Bio: New Zealander , Born in Mid Canterbury in the South Island, his fathers family have owed their farm for over a hundred years. He's the oldest of three children (Brother 15 David, Sister Stephanie 13) his parents are Ryan and Kate. It 14 he was sent to Christchurch as a boarding student at Christchurch Boys High one of the top academic/sporting schools in the country. He was a solid B student played some rugby for the second 15 and then decided to take up Rugby League (if you know rugby union then think harder hits and a lot faster play)and played for for the Hornby Rugby League club for two years. He also played football(soccer) for the school and made the first eleven when he was 15. Played first eleven Cricket for the school from age 17

His last year of school was interupted by the Christchurch quakes and while he still passed his end of year exams his parents suggested he head over to England for a year or two ..see a bit of the world and then go to Otago University when he got back home to do a farm management degree....that was the plan anyway.

Before heading to England he decided to go via the US he's been to making his way from LA to New York...

My ons and offs link

playfullchick76

Ok, its my turn to put my character profile in, so here goes.

Name- Olivia Sinclair.
Age- 22
Gender- female.
Personality- Friendly, easy to get along with, but doesnt tolerate rudeness or fools gladly. She stands up for herself and believes in doing the right thing.
Limits- bisexual since the age of 17.
Skills, she's level headed, knows how to manage people. She can use the Ruger 9mm that she bought not long after moving to New York, but has never fired it at anything other than targets at a firing range.

Bio- Born in Sydney, Australia, she grew up on stories of other countries, but the United States stood out the most as a country with a people that were most like Australians. She entered the Green card lottery that is held every year, and to her surprise, won it. With that, she flew to Los Angeles, and then on to New York. After a few months, she took a bus to Boston and found the city more to her liking.

She found work at a starbucks first, then got a second job dressing in period clothing, working with the cities reinactors. Both jobs paid enough to keep the rent and bills paid.

Alysanthia

If this is still open I'd like to throw my hat in and join, I loved the movie and the whole idea behind it. :)

Historicity

Well then, I don't know if Miyu is still open to people, but it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Ya might want to ask in the OOC or character thread listed right above your post. Just a suggestion.