A Game of Traps (D&D 5e request)

Started by Heady Dionysus, March 13, 2018, 06:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Dionysus

So, one of my guilty pleasures has reared its head with a vengeance and I'm looking for a 5e game featuring cutesy traps and any potential GM who might want to run one, as well as players.  Despite the title's connotations towards Game of Thrones, I'm actually more in the mood for something closer to Lord of the Rings, with a focus on the journey, trials, and relationships between the fellowship members, whilst the story remains straightforward and simple, though I'd love for some love triangles (more-angles?) to present themselves as a plot-conflict device.

Whilst I'm seeking the main focus to be on traps, I'm not averse to token futa/female/shemale players either.  Albeit probably not more than 5 players.

The basic plot idea I had buzzing in mind is that a hapless 'maiden' (cleric of life?) stumbles into a remote village pursued by ye olde dark creatures, as s/he is some sort of reincarnation of a spirit of light that can bring about an end to the reign of their dark master.  The trappy maiden enlists the sympathy of some foolhardy youths seeking adventure and its off to find their destiny, getting to some wise council before being redirected into the heart of Mordor enemy territory where they can put an end to the threat once and for all.

For myself, if the scenario above be used, I'd like to play one of the villagers picked up, possibly a (college of swords/valor) bard or paladin (basically, a sort of knight-wannabe).

Any takers?
Discord ID: Heady Dionysus#8726

ThatFantasticBard

I'd definitely be interested in being a player for this game, unfortunately I don't really have the experience to GM though

Heady Dionysus

Thanks for the interest Fantastic :-)

As a player is fine - one less to look for if it gets underway!

RedPhoenix

There was a 5e game based on a party of traps awhile back, but the GM stopped posting. I played a barbarian, I'd play him if the rest of it called to me.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Heady Dionysus

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 16, 2018, 09:42:19 AM
There was a 5e game based on a party of traps awhile back, but the GM stopped posting. I played a barbarian, I'd play him if the rest of it called to me.
Trappy barbarian?  I must say, I kind of piqued now!

Now if only we could get a GM for it, that would be rad ;D

RedPhoenix

Yeah he was from a clan of amazons, so he wore his hand me down scalemail bikini and kept himself all smooth and pretty since that's what his tribe's warriors did. It was fun for the short time it lasted. :)

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Sorely tempted by this but I'm posting very slowly at the moment.

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Heady Dionysus

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on March 18, 2018, 11:09:02 AM

What bout a cute Warlock boi..?
Well, definitely has the points in the cuteness department!

Quote from: Karma on March 18, 2018, 11:19:54 AM
Sorely tempted by this but I'm posting very slowly at the moment.
It would be great if you could make it, but no pressure Karma :-)

pdragon

I could potentially run a game like this. Unfortunately I don't really know 5e well enough to do so. If you'd be willing for a system shift I could run it in Dungeon World pretty easily though.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Heady Dionysus

I confess I'm not familiar with the system, and my present circumstances leave me little time to learn something new.

That said, I'm not against that, but I'll probably need a lot of hand holding before I get my bearings.

pdragon

I can definitely understand that. But it's a pretty simple system to learn, and the full rule set is free so it wouldn't be that difficult to guide a beginner through it if you wanted to go that route. If no one comes forward to GM it for 5e my offer is still there.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

TheLaughingOne

Totally NSFW!

Now THERE is a proper trappy warlock following a very tentacly elder/outer god.
My Ons and Offs!

kingmaster1

I'd totally wanna be in this. I don't know what 5e is, so, I don't think I could GM it

ThatFantasticBard

I haven't seen Dionysus on in a while, but if we do get a GM, Id still be interested in going forward with this idea. Maybe he'll even show up again by the time everything gets settled.

nomadsoul

Looks totally interesting!  I'd love to sign up.

Roleplay Frog

*hops in, looks around*

Well, by the sound of it, you need some sorta DM that doesn't mind nicely played traps, is familiar and experienced with D&D, preferably 5.0 and had some sort of idea involving a slightly more romantic adventure fitted Sauron variation, you know, like, a plan to do some adventuring, some dark temptations, an overwhelming dark lord presence, to struggle against, genuinly...:

A powerful evil song

Some fitting artwork, like this
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This
And some of this.

*prods nostril* Yeah I might know a frog that planned a roleplay based on such a thing once, but you'd have to appease that frog with promising character concepts and dedication, they're a bit jaded after losing almost as many players as a female frog can lay eggs in a single birth which can be up to 20.000, over various rps.

RedPhoenix

Well here's the barbarian trap I had played before and would love to play again. Reading him over I'd probably tone down the smuttier parts of his background as those were unique for that setup, but I could push him in the direction of more legitimately Red Sonja or more courtier trying to be a warrior depending on what the campaign called for.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=267118.msg13175920#msg13175920

Or something totally different idk, just thought I'd feed the frog if I can. :D

I'm still interested, but I won't be able to get a sheet together right away. And I still don't know 5e. *laughs*

RedPhoenix

I can help with the mechanics. I love 5e and I think I know it pretty well. ^^

Roleplay Frog

FEED THE FROG!

And I dun mind smutty backrounds. *chuckles* I guess should nail down what kinda lewd-level and prefered encounters you hope for, anyway, even sharing the trap fetishes, interests might diverge a fair deal, after all.

5th edition is like 3.5/pathfinder after you get what advantage/disadvantage is, really. If you dun know D&D in general that might be a bit too extreme.

I'm fairly familiar with Pathfinder so if that's a good basis of knowledge, that will help a lot.

kingmaster1