The Princess Bride

Started by Valerian, July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

As Persephone woke the next morning, she was relieved to find out there had been no deaths during the night. Breathing a sigh of relief, she opened her windows to let in the fresh air. It was then, she heard all the ruckus.

Leaving her house, it seems Geeklet was under fire again. The young Lady Persephone considered voting the same way. But in the end, she chose Leorobin. Perhaps that would yield better results.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (3): Josietta, Geeklet, Remiel
Leorobin (3): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress, persephone325
Geeklet (2): Falanor, Leorobin
Josietta (1): James Moriarty

Yet to vote: Kyrsa
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Kyrsa found herself forced to vote in order to save herself rather than for the ones she suspected to be guilty.  "The only thing I've done is vote like the rest of you.  The fact that you'd single me out when I've done nothing wrong makes me wonder which of you three are the killers, assuming you aren't all in on it together.  I'm sorry Leorobin.  They've left me no choice..."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Leorobin (4): Dim Hon, Beguile's Mistress, persephone325, Kyrsa
Kyrsa (3): Josietta, Geeklet, Remiel
Geeklet (2): Falanor, Leorobin
Josietta (1): James Moriarty

And the decision was made: Leorobin would be the one to pay the price that day.  This time, good fortune was with the townspeople, for soon it was revealed that Leorobin was in fact the infamous Prince Humperdinck.  His nefarious plans had been thwarted!  But the Prince could not have been doing all this alone -- he would never have gotten his hands dirty.  (Literally -- everyone knew he hated to get his hands dirty.)  Who else might be behind all the death and chaos?

Night roles, please PM me your choices!

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty*
Josietta
Kyrsa
Leorobin - Prince Humperdinck, Lynched, Day Two
Remiel
persephone325
That Girl Analise - Peasant, Lynched, Day One
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"I told you he was suspicimous!"

Valerian

The next morning, people leave their homes with some trepidation.  Again there had been strange sounds during the night, a good many of them, as of several people up to varying degrees of No Good, and it was not surprisingly a somewhat uneasy group that gathered again in the town square.

And indeed, not all were present.  Not one, but two were nowhere to be found.  After some investigation, it was discovered that Beguile's Mistress had apparently been taken in the night, brought to the infamous Fire Swamp, and had there fallen victim to the terrible Lightning Sand.  A glance at her home was enough to confirm the truth -- she had been Miracle Max, purveyor of miracles to the rich and famous (at least until that stinking Prince Humperdinck decided he didn't need a Miracle Worker, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject).

But further surprises awaited the townsfolk.  Also missing was their mayor, James Moriarty.  He was found in his home, clearly killed in a swordfight, a mighty duel between two skilled swordsmen.  But it was the mayor who had fallen, and the victor was long gone, not staying to take credit for the night's work.  For credit was indeed the right word, as the mayor was, in fact, none other than the dreaded Count Rugen, and the townsfolk had thus been spared the rule of a villain.

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress - Miracle Max, Killed, Night Two
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty* - Count Rugen (The Six-Fingered Man), Killed, Night Two
Josietta
Kyrsa
Remiel
persephone325

The next vote will be for a new mayor, not for a lynch!  Vote early, vote often!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"I believe the only way for us to find peace and safety from the terrors on the night is to appoint Persephone as our mayor!"

Geeklet

I agree. Though she and I may have had our differences in the past, I do believe now that Persephone is a fine choice for mayor.

Josietta

Josietta was unsure of who to vote for now. She had trusted Mayor Moriarty and now found out that her trust had lay with an evil man.  She was disheartened but glad that he was no longer a threat. The  news of Beguile's death was saddening and she prayed for the woman in hopes she found peace in the afterlife. Now more than ever she was confused on who to trust and who was to blame for everything.  A new mayor did have to be voted in and she looked to Remiel for her vote.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

persephone325 (2): Dim Hon, Geeklet
Remiel (1):  Josietta
Josietta(1):  Kyrsa

Yet to vote: Falanor, Remiel, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

Shaken more than she would admit by the discovery that their Mayor had been one of those behind the recent rash of murders Kyrsa was hesitant to name someone else to the position, afraid to put someone else into power who might kill innocent people.  In the end she had to vote, however, and Josietta seemed like a good choice. 

Remiel

"Hrmmm... we know that persephone325 voted for Leorobin, and as such cannot be a villain," Remiel reasoned.  "Thus she has my vote."

persephone325

When the morning came, Persephone was shocked to find that two of the townsfolk had passed during the night. She wasn't surprised to find out that James, their "trusted" mayor, had been working against them. Inconceivable? Hardly...

But BeMi's death put her on edge, due to the fact that she had been Miracle Max! What would become of the lovers, should one be attacked during the night? Persephone shuddered to think...

With James out of the picture, a new mayor had to be elected. So far, a few of the townspeople were kind enough to put their trust in her. Though she was surprised to find Geeklet was among them. Persephone was starting to doubt her earlier suspicions.

"Thank you, my friends. But I believe Dim Hon is a more capable leader than I. My vote hasn't changed from before." Persephone nodded satisfactorily.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Valerian

Mayoral Votes:

persephone325 (3): Dim Hon, Geeklet, Remiel
Dim Hon (1): persephone325
Josietta(1):  Kyrsa
Remiel (1):  Josietta

Yet to vote: Falanor
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

And so it was that persephone325 was formally installed as the town's new mayor.  There was less rejoicing this time, though, since (through no fault of her own) her first official duty was unfortunately to preside over a lynch vote...

The Players:

Beguile's Mistress - Miracle Max, Killed, Night Two
Dim Hon
Falanor
Geeklet
James Moriarty - Count Rugen (The Six-Fingered Man), Killed, Night Two
Josietta
Kyrsa
Remiel
persephone325*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"Is it me or does Remiel look kindda... pale to anyone else?"

persephone325

The time came again for the lynch vote. Persephone weighed her option carefully, coming to the conclusion that Josietta seemed the most suspicious to her. She had voted with James almost every time there was a lynch, and it had just come to light that James had been working against them.

For now, she seemed the most likely suspect.
I don't know.

Josietta

Josi could not condemn Persephone for believing she could be one of those guilty. She had given her no reason to trust her. However, one might think her duties within the church would have shown the girl the truth of her place in the city. She looked toward Dim Hon and was unsure that Remiel was truly to blame. Especially after private discussions. She tilted her head back to Dim again and looked at Kyrsa then back again. "I think Remiel just needs more sun. But then again.. one could hardly tell."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Dim Hon (1): Josietta
Josietta(1):  persephone325
Remiel (1):  Dim Hon

Yet to vote: Falanor, Geeklet, Kyrsa, Remiel
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Geeklet

Enough. No longer shall this charade continue. Upon the first murder, I hid my true identity, as I know I am not often looked upon kindly. But now, in this situation, I do feel safe enough to inform you all of the truth. While you may know me as Geeklet, I am, in fact, the great Vizzini! While it is true, I have worked for these ruthless scoundrels in the past, it was only for the coin, and now I believe they are trying to use this situation to silence me, among other things. But listen to me, and heed my words. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Krysa is involved in this devious and heinous plot!

persephone325

Persephone was shocked beyond words at Geeklet's announcement. If the words were true, she could not just ignore them. Hearing Geeklet's role in everything, and how adamant her accusation was, Persephone was swayed from her original vote.

"Geeklet, you seem set in stone. To lay everything out in the open like that takes real courage. I will side with you on this, and change my vote to Kyrsa. Unless there is evidence to the contrary."
I don't know.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Kyrsa (3):  Geeklet, persephone325, Dim Hon
Dim Hon (1): Josietta
Geeklet (1): Kyrsa

Yet to vote: Falanor, Remiel
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

"My vote has been swayed to Kyrsa, too"

Kye

"Would I really vote to oust my companion if that was the case?  I admit that I was forced to vote for for him to save my skin, but I could have found a way around that if I wanted to.  With James as the mayor, if I wanted to vote for someone else... say Geeklet and create a three way tie last time he would have chosen someone else.  Instead I voted for Leo.  That is not the action of a guilty person! What proof do you have? You seem to have had it out for me from the beginning."

Geeklet

You voted to oust your fellow villain in a plan along with our mayer to make the two of you look more innocent. What you didn't count on though, was him getting killed at night. I admit that his inclusion into your circle of evil had eluded me thus far. I had suspicions, but no actually proof as of yet. To whoever figured it out and took it upon themselves to commit the deed, I commend you. But back to Krysa. I initially suspected you once you started the chaos upon the very first day. That night I chose to study what I knew of you to divine every bit of information I could. It was then that I knew you were evil, and why I "had it out for you" as you so eloquently put it, because I was attempting to rid myself of the evil I know, and deduce the affiliations of those others around me based upon the reactions.