Guardian Monsters | Angst - Romance - Psychological | OPEN

Started by kasper, March 08, 2016, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

-plants this here as she works on it-  ::)
Work In Progress

Name: Ro (Short for Roach)
Played By: Amarlo
Race: Human
Bonded: Robert Black (Justric)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Theme song: Meg Myers - Desire
Personality Traits: Paranoid, Guarded, Distant, Hostile, Irreverent, Animalistic, Sarcastic, Witty, Clever, Imaginative, Improviser, Questionable, Sadistic, Self-sadistic, Self-contradictory, Angry.
Brief Bio: Truthfully not much is known about Ro. She keeps herself distant from those around her despite an unquenchable thirst for companionship, and because of this many assume she's a snob or shy. In all honesty it has a lot less to do with timidity or ego and a lot more to do with fear. After all, Ro is no ordinary oblivious, happy little human. Oh no, our little Ro didn't grow up blissfully unaware of those dark things that go bump in the night.  As a matter of fact her earliest memories aren't much like those of a typical child either.

Ro didn't go to any schools growing up, nor did she have many friends let alone any that were her own age. No one tucked her in or read her stories before bed. No one celebrated her birthday or hid presents beneath a Christmas tree. Nor did anyone take the time to teach her how to read or write. Ro doesn't even remember her parents, and as far as she knows they are long dead. You see, she wasn't anyone's precious little girl - not like the typical precious little girl at least. What made her precious wasn't any of her actual merits, after all. What made her precious was her capacity to feed those around her.

What was more pure than the terror and pain of a child? Even better yet, she didn't know any better. This was her life, it had been so since she could remember. Day after day she was terrorized and fed upon by these wolves in sheep's clothing, and day after day she thought little of the fact her life was anything but ordinary. Not that she particularly enjoyed her life either, but in her world.. This was how everyone like her was treated. Oh...Did you think she was the only one? Of course not! There were others. Some were even packed into the same little room as she was. Sometimes they were even pitted against one another for their captors' entertainment - something she would think painfully cliche later on. It didn't really matter at the time, however. None of them seemed to last as long as her though. None had ever been captured so young as she and because of this they fought back -but that was the problem, wasn't it? They always fought back, and when they fought back it always got worse. Many didn't even survive the first night.

Then again... Maybe, just maybe, it was due to her strange regenerative qualities? Who knows. She certainly didn't at the time. All she knew was they bled out faster or their skin seemed to be more squishy and pliable.  It wasn't until her early teens that someone that would become very special to her was tossed into her pit with her. He was a boy... Well, perhaps not a boy, but he was only a handful of years older than her. He was smarter than the rest too. He knew how to tread carefully and he appeased these monsters that held them, all in the name of survival. It was him who made her aware of the truth. It was he who revealed how her life had been stolen from her, and it was he who planted the seeds of enlightenment and fury within her.

Eventually the people that had her screwed up one way or another. She never knew the details of what happened but from what she remembered of the operation she honestly suspects that one of their group had been caught by someone that hunted their kind. It was likely after some sort of interrogation that they were all revealed and because of that she was eventually saved.. If you could even call it that. The first time she saw the light of the sun unhindered was painful to the say the least and to this day her vision suffers from her life spent in darkness. The people that saved her didn't provide much guidance either. They just eventually dropped her off at a police station and before she knew it she was dubbed mentally unstable, institutionalize and eventually transferred into a group home for mentally unfit adults.

(To be continued/Editted)

Human:
Strength: 3/10
Regenerative: 5/10
Speed: 7/10
Endurance: 5/10
Intelligence: 5/10

Notes

Ro is no longer illiterate but her reading level is barely half that of the average person.
Yes, Ro was abducted by a family/group of spectres as a very young child.
Depending on how old I decide she is, where and how she is currently is subject to change.
Ro hates spectres. As a matter of fact, Ro is currently struggling with a sort of misanthrope and lack in faith in humanity as well.
Ro sometimes actively hunts spectres.

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Bekah Boo

Sadly I am falling asleep over my lap top, so my post will have to wait until the morning.
* sleepily glares at the click staring 3:30 at me*

Promise I'll have it up tomorrow before work.

Hob

Quote from: Amarlo on March 23, 2016, 12:37:30 AM
-plants this here as she works on it-  ::)
Work In Progress
(Visual to come/To be Discussed)
Bonded: TBD
Personality Traits: Paranoid, Guarded, Distant, Hostile, Irreverent, Animalistic, Sarcastic, Witty, Clever, Imaginative, Improviser, Questionable, Sadistic, Self-sadistic, Self-contradictory, Angry.
Brief Bio: Truthfully not much is known about Ro. She keeps herself distant from those around her despite an unquenchable thirst for companionship, and because of this many assume she's a snob or shy. In all honesty it has a lot less to do with timidity or ego and a lot more to do with fear. After all, Ro is no ordinary oblivious, happy little human. Oh no, our little Ro didn't grow up blissfully unaware of those dark things that go bump in the night.  As a matter of fact her earliest memories aren't much like those of a typical child either.

Ro didn't go to any schools growing up, nor did she have many friends let alone any that were her own age. No one tucked her in or read her stories before bed. No one celebrated her birthday or hid presents beneath a Christmas tree. Nor did anyone take the time to teach her how to read or write. Ro doesn't even remember her parents, and as far as she knows they are long dead. You see, she wasn't anyone's precious little girl - not like the typical precious little girl at least. What made her precious wasn't any of her actual merits, after all. What made her precious was her capacity to feed those around her.

What was more pure than the terror and pain of a child? Even better yet, she didn't know any better. This was her life, it had been so since she could remember. Day after day she was terrorized and fed upon by these wolves in sheep's clothing, and day after day she thought little of the fact her life was anything but ordinary. Not that she particularly enjoyed her life either, but in her world.. This was how everyone like her was treated. Oh...Did you think she was the only one? Of course not! There were others. Some were even packed into the same little room as she was. Sometimes they were even pitted against one another for their captors' entertainment - something she would think painfully cliche later on. It didn't really matter at the time, however. None of them seemed to last as long as her though. None had ever been captured so young as she and because of this they fought back -but that was the problem, wasn't it? They always fought back, and when they fought back it always got worse. Many didn't even survive the first night.

Then again... Maybe, just maybe, it was due to her strange regenerative qualities? Who knows. She certainly didn't at the time. All she knew was they bled out faster or their skin seemed to be more squishy and pliable.  It wasn't until her early teens that someone that would become very special to her was tossed into her pit with her. He was a boy... Well, perhaps not a boy, but he was only a handful of years older than her. He was smarter than the rest too. He knew how to tread carefully and he appeased these monsters that held them, all in the name of survival. It was him who made her aware of the truth. It was he who revealed how her life had been stolen from her, and it was he who planted the seeds of enlightenment and fury within her.

Eventually the people that had her screwed up one way or another. She never knew the details of what happened but from what she remembered of the operation she honestly suspects that one of their group had been caught by someone that hunted their kind. It was likely after some sort of interrogation that they were all revealed and because of that she was eventually saved.. If you could even call it that. The first time she saw the light of the sun unhindered was painful to the say the least and to this day her vision suffers from her life spent in darkness. The people that saved her didn't provide much guidance either. They just eventually dropped her off at a police station and before she knew it she was dubbed mentally unstable, institutionalize and eventually transferred into a group home for mentally unfit adults.

Human:

Notes

Ro is no longer illiterate but her reading level is barely half that of the average person.
Yes, Ro was abducted by a family/group of spectres as a child.
Depending on how old I decide she is, where and how she is currently is subject to change.
Ro hates spectres.

I have a really.... odd idea that could go with this.

Also a WIP

Name: Robert “Mr. Floppyshoes” Black
Race: Specter
Bonded: Ro
Theme Song: TBD

Personality: Kind, Outgoing, Empathetic, Focused, Artistic, Spontaneous, Guilt-Ridden, Determined

Brief Bio:  It is not uncommon for children to rebel against their parents. For the child of two Specters, what better way to rebel than to become a clown? 

He knew where she was. He just couldn't get to her. There was only one of him against a whole household, and young as he was there was no way that he was going to be able to break in without getting caught or be able to fight them all. But there were other Specters out there, ones who didn't appreciate “sloppy” work. And there were those who weren't all that different from him! It was a total affront to the traditional understanding between Specters of respecting one another's territory to at least some degree, but this pack was out of control. Something had to be done before human authorities got involved.

Rob was probably just a passing face to her, someone she saw in the crowd of those who raided the house.

She was safe as she could be in the hospital. It gave him time to learn his passion, a passion that could both help and at least sustain him. Physical pain was far, far more filling, but he could at least some small nourishment from people's uneasy fears; there was always at least one in every crowd, at every party, or just walking along the street. Some people were just deathly afraid of clowns.

A therapy clown in addition to his other skills, he was able to visit her. He could watch over her, and when the time came for her to finally be released back into the world, Rob was right there with her. Helping her, guiding her, caring for her... feeding off of her as much as he hated it. While she might not realize what he is, there is no missing that there is some connection between them. And when she needs it... when she needs anything, be it a hug of his arms or the kiss of the lash, Rob is there for her.

A complex man. He might “snack” while he's wearing his clownface, but he'll never wear the grease paint while he's feeding proper. Some things just aren't done.

"Because if I weren't a clown, I'd be a murderer.” - from The Last Circus

Stats:

• Strength:  4/10
  • Emotional Capacity:  7/10
  • Speed:  4/10
  • Endurance:  5/10
  • Intelligence:  5/10

CurvyKitten

I hate to disappoint but due to somethings coming up I will be pulling from this game. Please remove my characters from the roster. Sorry for the inconvenience.I don't normally do this, but I feel that in this case it is for the best.

Curvykitten

Amarlo

Quote from: Justric on March 23, 2016, 07:36:03 AM
I have a really.... odd idea that could go with this.

Also a WIP

Bonded: TBD
Theme Song: TBD

Personality: Kind, Outgoing, Empathetic, Focused, Artistic, Spontaneous

Brief Bio:  It is not uncommon for children to rebel against their parents. For the child of two Specters, what better way to rebel than to become a clown? 

He knew where she was. He just couldn't get to her. There was only one of him against a whole household, and young as he was there was no way that he was going to be able to break in without getting caught or be able to fight them all. But there were other Specters out there, ones who didn't appreciate “sloppy” work. And there were those who weren't all that different from him! It was a total affront to the traditional understanding between Specters of respecting one another's territory to at least some degree, but this pack was out of control. Something had to be done before human authorities got involved.

Rob was probably just a passing face to her, someone she saw in the crowd of those who raided the house.

She was safe as she could be in the hospital. It gave him time to learn his passion, a passion that could both help and at least sustain him. Physical pain was far, far more filling, but he could at least some small nourishment from people's uneasy fears; there was always at least one in every crowd, at every party, or just walking along the street. Some people were just deathly afraid of clowns.

A therapy clown in addition to his other skills, he was able to visit her. He could watch over her, and when the time came for her to finally be released back into the world, Rob was right there with her. Helping her, guiding her, caring for her... feeding off of her as much as he hated it. While she might not realize what he is, there is no missing that there is some connection between them. And when she needs it... when she needs anything, be it a hug of his arms or the kiss of the lash, Rob is there for her.

A complex man. He might “snack” while he's wearing his clownface, but he'll never wear the grease paint while he's feeding proper. Some things just aren't done.

Stats:

o-o I.. Don't know what to think of this. I am both intrigued and thoroughly creeped out. Lmfao

I'm on my phone right now, though. You should pm me ^^ that way we can discuss things without cluttering this page up. I'll reply or try to pm you in return as soon as I get to my comp.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Andol

Oh well... uhm... Not really sure what to do character wise for Charles now. XD

Amarlo

I have a question for Kasper. It may have been mentioned before but it's honestly easier just to ask rather than try to sift through all this ooc xD Anyways!

Can the humans tell who they're bonded too? Can they feel it? I'm guessing if they can it wouldn't typically be something they really recognize without the guidance of their spectre or someone else they may just happen to know?

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

kasper

Not really. They probably get a kind of sense if they were around their bonded spectre (before knowing what or who they are). The human and spectre pair are born with the bond, the spectres can identify who they are bonded with but it's less obvious to the humans though there is a kind of draw to their bonded spectre. Hope that makes sense!

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

Amarlo

Makes perfect sense to me! Thank you ^^

And here's the final draft of my character ^^

Ro

Played By: Amarlo
Bonded: Robert Black (Justric)
Personality Traits: Paranoid, Guarded, Distant, Hostile, Irreverent, Animalistic, Sarcastic, Witty, Clever, Imaginative, Inquisitive, Improviser, Questionable, Somewhat Sadistic, Self-sadistic, Self-contradictory, Fearful, Angry.
Brief Bio: Truthfully not much is known about Ro. She keeps herself pretty distant from those around her despite her unquenchable thirst for companionship. Unfortunately it's because of this many have come to assume she's either a snob or shy. In all honesty it has a lot less to do with timidity or ego and a lot more to do with fear. After all, Ro is no ordinary oblivious, happy little human. Oh no, our little Ro didn't grow up blissfully unaware of those dark things that go bump in the night.  As a matter of fact her earliest memories aren't much like those of a typical human at all.

Ro didn't go to any schools growing up, nor did she have many - if any - friends either. No one tucked her in or read her stories before bed, no one took care of her when she was sick or soothed away her fears after a nightmare, no one celebrated her birthday or hid presents beneath a Christmas tree, and you can bet no one took time from their day to teach her how to read or write. As a matter of fact, Ro doesn't even remember her parents, and as far as she knows they are long dead. You see, she wasn't anyone's precious little girl - not like the typical precious little girl at least. What made her precious wasn't any of her actual merits, after all. What made her precious was her capacity to feed those around her.

After all, what was more pure than the terror and pain of a child? Even better yet, she didn't know any better either. This was her life, it had been so since she could remember. Day after day she was terrorized and fed upon by these wolves in sheep's clothing, and day after day she thought little of the fact her life was anything but ordinary. Not that she particularly enjoyed her life either, but in her world.. This was how everyone like her was treated. Oh...Did you think she was the only one? Of course not! There were others. Some were even packed into the same little room as she was. Sometimes they were even pitted against one another for their captors' entertainment - something Ro would think painfully cliche later on. It didn't really matter at the time, however. None of them seemed to last as long as her though. None had ever been captured so young as she and because of this they fought back -but that was the problem, wasn't it? They always fought back, and when they fought back it always got worse. Many didn't even survive the first night.

Then again... Maybe, just maybe, it was due to her strange regenerative qualities? Who knows. She certainly didn't at the time. All she knew was they bled out faster or their skin seemed to be more squishy and pliable. Eventually the people that had her screwed up one way or another. She never knew the details of what happened but from what she remembered of the operation she honestly suspects that one of their group had been caught by someone that hunted their kind. It was likely after some sort of interrogation that they were all revealed and because of that she was eventually saved.. If you could even call it that. The first time she saw the light of the sun unhindered was painful to the say the least and to this day her vision suffers from her life spent in darkness. The people that saved her didn't provide much guidance either. They just eventually dropped her off at a police station and before she knew it she was dubbed mentally unstable, institutionalize and eventually transferred into a group home for mentally unfit adults - which is where she still currently resides today.

Her recovery, if you could call it that, was hard. It was a journey that taught her to most she was insane and to many she was just as disgusting as those that held her. Apparently killing other people just to save your own neck was more morally complicated than she'd originally anticipated, but well... That's people for you. They all had different opinions, many of which she found she didn't agree with. Sure, these people weren't torturing her in the same manner her captors had.. but just like those spectres these humans held her captive against her will. Just like those spectres these humans told her what they wanted her to think and made her do what they thought was acceptable. Just like those spectres these humans made her feel just as every bit as isolated and vulnerable as she had all her life. The only difference was they hid it behind this masked facade they called 'therapy' and 'help'.

The only person even remotely redeemable among them was perhaps the weirdest of them all. Robert Black was a very, very strange man indeed. The first time she'd seen him she honestly thought he was some manner of demon. Who actually thought that clowns looked funny was messed up in the head, because he looked utterly horrific to her. He was persistent though. He was the first to introduce her to flowers, and the first to accompany her on her first official adventure into the outside world. He helped her learn to read - Even if he'd left many of their 'classes' with bruises and ripped up books. That didn't stop him though, and he was the only one. Everyone else had long ago given up on her but not him. He'd been there from day one, from the first day they moved her from the police station to the hospital - but did any of this actually make him trust worthy? Did that make him safe..?

Human:

Notes

Yes, Ro was abducted by a family/group of spectres as a very young child.
When entering the general game this is actually only a short few months after she was originally freed.
Ro hates spectres. As a matter of fact, Ro is currently struggling with a sort of misanthrope and lack in faith in humanity as well.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

kasper

Thank you for letting us know, Kitten and best of luck! I thank you for your interest in the game in the first place!

@Justric - Fucking terrifying and amusing. Love it.

@Amarlo - Looks good!

@Deathnote - Would you like Percy to be your bonded human? I can play her if you're down with it.

@Andol - Hopefully we will find you someone! The thread is still open and looks like we're still getting interest.

@Boo - Quite alright! Gotta sleep some time, right?

Andol

Alright then XD I will keep checking in with bated breath... XD

ToxicOsiria

Soooo I know I'm late on the upkeep but this seems really really cool.

Need anymore females?

hopes so

Amarlo

Quote from: ToxicOsiria on March 24, 2016, 05:56:57 PM
Soooo I know I'm late on the upkeep but this seems really really cool.

Need anymore females?

hopes so
I believe Andol needs a partner ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

ToxicOsiria

Andol

Oh yes... I would love a female partner... if you are interested in playing a Specter that is? XD

ToxicOsiria

Andol

Sweet... well I guess all you have to do is make a character then... XD

kasper

Yo Toxic, welcome. All you have to do is make a character sheet. If I find any issues I'll let you know. Andol's character is Charles, by the way. Charles' character sheet is up in the thread.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Hob

Final draft for my clown

Rob Black

Bonded: Ro
Theme Song: ”Roustabout” by Beats Antique

Personality: Kind, Outgoing, Empathetic, Focused, Artistic, Spontaneous

Brief Bio: 

Rob was born of Specter parents. He was raised a Specter, knew his heritage, was taught fully what he was... And he hated it. He saw his mother and father treated their bonded humans, abusing them and manipulating them again and again to feast; the overflow of emotions and physical pain from those encounters was what sustained him in his earliest days. When he was older, he was encouraged to do much the same to his classmates and the neighborhood kids. He did so. And then he hated himself for it. These were his friends! People he was growing up with! While their misery sated his appetite, it rode on what was becoming a burgeoning guilt for what he was doing. Rob just wanted to be a normal kid and not cause such suffering! What was the point in living such a life? He couldn't see it!

Adding to his guilt? His own bonded human. Rob knew perfectly well where she was and what she was enduring, but he was helpless to do anything about it. His parents were reluctant to intercede for fear of trespassing on other Specter's territory. As a child and a teen, he was simply wasn't powerful or influential enough to do anything. He'd dream about her, feel the anguish through the shared connection, and become all the more guilt-ridden and frustrated by his lack of ability to do anything. There was only one thing that Rob could find refuge in – clowning.

His parents despaired of his fascination, unable to comprehend his desire to make humans smile in some small repayment for the miseries he had to inflict upon them to survive. The whole of it became something short of an obsession! Rob studied the history, culture, and traditions of clowning, even going so far as to attend clowning camps and seminars. He created his own character, Mr. Floppyshoes, built an act, and eventually began attending classes at various clown colleges around the country. Initially, he was horrified to discover that he could feed off of people's fear of clowns. Granted, it was the same as more or less eating gruel, but it would sustain him. There was always one in every crowd, at all the parties, and each street corner, a human who was deathly afraid of the grease-painted face and outrageous clothing. Once over his shock, he managed to accept it as a sad fact of life... one that he wanted to change.

Therapy clowning. A way of helping people through difficult times be it in hospitals or hospices, and he was sure to take as many seminars as he could to become great at it. Because Ro? She was going to need it. Rob hadn't just been bouncing around the country during his teenage years and early twenties just to become an entertainer. He had been forging connections and finding people who agreed with him that the Specters who had his human had to be dealt with before they became a problem. Her captors had taken other humans, after all. Sooner or later, the human authorities were going to find them, and then the jig would be up for all of them.

Rob was there. He took part in the raid. Ro might have seen his face among the others, but he doubted it. She was a mental and emotional wreck. All agreed it was better to hand her over to the mortal authorities to deal with, and at least he had the comfort of knowing where she was, right?

It wasn't enough. Rob began visiting Ro in the hospital and then in her group home as Mr. Floppyshoes. He did his best to help in any way that he could, trying to make up for years of not being able to protect her. Helping her read? Showing her flowers? Taking her out on walks? Whatever it took. Including whenever she needs to vent her rage physically. And, on an occasion when she really needed it, he would give her whatever pain she asked for. But never while wearing his clowning gear. Never. Somethings... somethings just weren't done.

Rob has become incredibly supportive of Ro, but also incredibly protective. He's joined the Inked Swallow in part to fulfill some of the promises that he's made, and also to better ensure Ro from other Specters' predations. He's not aware that she's been hunting Specters; if he discovers that little fact, he'll be horrified, because there's only one way to kill one of his kind: by killing the human bonded to it. In the end, however, if anyone tries to hurt her for any reason, he will kill them.  Because behind the painted on smile and silly voice?

He's still a monster.

Stats:

ToxicOsiria

Name: Eliza
Race: Spectre
Bonded: Charles
Sexuality:Heterosexual, but willing to explore!
Theme song: Mz. Hyde by Halestorm
Personality Traits: Possessive, Impatient, Protective, Strong willed, Fickle, Pervert
Bio: Currently working as Charles' teaching assistant at the University and overall guard dog of the eccentric male. (WIP)

Stats:

Spectre:
Strength: 4/10
Emotional Capacity:4/10
Endurance:5 /10

kasper

Alright.

-Updated ages for Ro and Rob.
-Added ToxicOsiria's character skeleton for Eliza.
-Updated Rob's character skeleton.

kasper

We're still looking for one female human to be bonded to Ken and one male or female spectre to be bonded to Percy!

Cerevan

Name: Rasha
Race: Spectre
Bonded: Andrei
Sexuality: Demisexual
Theme Song: Cookie Thumper by Die Antwood
Personality Traits: Yandere As Fuck | Easily Amused | Lover of All Things Pink & Sparkly | Highly Intelligent | Can Survive Anything | Monster on a Leash

Brief Bio: Ma was a spectre. Ma was also a whore. Not so much by trade as by the way things shook out. Rasha wouldn't hold it against her if it hadn't meant being the literal and metaphoric punching bag. But Ma died and things got better because now there was only one other person in the world to blame for the shitty existence Rasha'd found herself in. Along the way to murder Daddy Dearest she found Andrei.

Whom she stalked. Lovingly.

They ended up bonding. Which didn't make her less a monster. Just made her a monster on a leash. She'll still commit all kinds of mischief and murder given the chance which is what Daddy Dearest found out. Andrei used his inheritance to get them both out of the country and to someplace much nicer. Well, he also used it to spoil her rotten. Just as it should be since she's his baby princess girl. And if anyone thinks they can change that...well, she'll rip that person's throat out. With her teeth.

Strength: 5/10
Emotional Capacity: 2/10
Speed: 6/10
Endurance: 4/10
Intelligence: 8/10

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies