Interest Check: Firefly/Serenity!

Started by SciFiSpectacle, March 16, 2012, 12:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SciFiSpectacle

If you clicked on this thread because you saw Firefly and Serenity in the same title along with interest check I hope that means that you are interested in doing a gorram space cowboys group RP! Any suggestions, I would much like to hear. Anyone interested in being a character I imagine there will be a total of 10 open slots, 9 if you include myself. I figure so far it would mostly consist of fellows like the crew of the Serenity, but that doesn't have to be the case. There could be Alliance as well, but I think the Fringe could be separate from the Alliance.

Let me know what you think! I would love to hear back sometime soon from anyone who's interested. Looking to have an even balance of boys to girls, orientation isn't an issue, anyone can play any kind of character, unless it won't fit with the rest of the group. Thanks for looking and post soon!

Marie Reynolds

Id be interested,is it a free form or system game.

RubySlippers

I was thinking about this, I would consider a sexbot maker using a space on the ship for her work. After all she could ship them anywhere by Alliance cargo transport and do the orders and programming on ship. Plus likely would be a handy support mechanic to add her skills to that for a modest break in the passage.

She would just be a small businesswoman with skills in AI and robotics offering top quality units to customers who can afford the best. lol

And it would be a bit different for me. She would have been born outside the Alliance fancy living planets so could fight some, if needed.

SciFiSpectacle

It would be freeform, not relating to the tabletop game. Also, the setting would be 2517, but as if Serenity and it's crew never came into play. Sort of like how people have non-canon Harry Potter RP's haha!

Your AI sexbot character sounds interesting, could easily fit into a group, and would have skills that would interest the rest of the team... hopefully. But if you want to post your character ideas up here as well that would be great! :D

eBadger

Count me in, probably as a doc. Will figure out more when im not on my phone :)

Marie Reynolds

Hmm  how would you feel about a dandy influence/fence type character that is a tailor/seamtress

SciFiSpectacle

I don't understand what a 'Dandy influence/fence type character' is haha xD

Okay I will make sure nobody else takes the doctors spot, if anyone is interested they can send me a character outline following this formula:

Username:
Character Name:
Nickname:
Orientation:
Occupation: (examples: Doctor, Mechanic, Captain, Companion, Drifter, etc)
Allegiance: (who did you fight for: Brown Coats, Alliance, or neither?)
Opinion of Alliance and Brown Coats: (do you like either side more than the other, do you hate either side?)
Appearance:
Equipment:
Relationship(s): (if applicable)
Goal(s):
Background: (include your upbringing, what you did during the war, personal information about your character, and any important memories from your past that could affect you daily)
Other: (for anything else you think I should know or that isn't included in the list above!)

Marie Reynolds

Oh a dandy is someone who fusses over their appearance to much and always dress at their best and a fence and influence character is just someone who knows the right people to get you information or know just the right hook up to sell your goods whether legal or illegal. Dandy is also a name of the flaw from the cortex book but here im just using it as the best form of description of the character.

SciFiSpectacle

I've played the RPG once haha, if I had the book I would use more things as reference. Only flaw I remember was Ugly As Sin hahaha xD

But that character seems alright, perhaps you could be the second in command seeing as you would have people skills?

Marie Reynolds

Sure if no one  else wants it ill take it just i hope that position wont hold up to things cause i am in the navy so i try my best to post as regularly as possible.

SciFiSpectacle

That's no problem, or at least it shouldn't be. I post when I feel like and when I am able, I expect the same of everyone else.

Marie Reynolds

Cool then id be glad to fill the role of first mate.

Senti

I will send something as I PMed I table topped a character inin firefly .

RubySlippers

I decided not to play. Seems like a fun idea but its freeform and I have not had success up to now with that format I like some structure even if a very basic set of rules.

eBadger

Bummer, your character sounded fun!

Edit: still pondering character concepts, but looks like we need a few more people anyways

Marie Reynolds

Hey  ebadger how about you step into the captain shoes unless that is going to be an npc.

SciFiSpectacle

I am not going to let anyone be captain until I have seen a few applications haha. I will choose who I want to be captain from several different people :P

eBadger

No much interest in captain anyways, unless that changes drastically with whatever character I come up with.  It smacks of responsibility and decision making!

Marie Reynolds

Username: marie reynolds
Character Name: Michelle Saunders
Nickname: Elle
Orientation: Pansexual
Allegiance: Neither friendly dealings with brown coats though
Opinion of Alliance and Brown Coats: Alliance keep a close eye on them but don’t get too close. Brown Coats I have a soft spot for these guys I mean it would be so much easier to do my work with them in charge.
Appearance: 
Equipment: a sewing machine and other sewing supplies and fabric my father’s lucky coin on a leather cord that I wear around my neck always and fidget with it when I am nervous 2 derringers and 4 throwing knives.
Relationship(s): father: John Saunders
                             Mother Anna Saunders
Goal(s): Keep the crew gainfully employed and safe cause no one messes with my investments and gets away with it.
Grow my influence and keep the money coming in.
Continue the success my father developed and make my name as well-known as his
Background: I grew up in Persephone my father ran a business that was known for getting people what they wanted some dealings legitimate others far more under the table then you cared to know. I was raised to work hard and keep an eye out for opportunities my dad was looking to me to take over when he was ready to retire and I ate up the what my day taught me I took to it  like a fish in water and my mother was a bit of a  house wife though that’s where I got my hobby for making dresses from it was something my mom did to keep herself busy in between taking care of the house. The day I knew it was time to take over my dad gave me his lucky coin and since that day I have continued the family business.
Other: Always loves to be well dressed and becomes a bit upset when her clothes are soiled. Is very superstitious when it comes to luck hence why she is never without her father’s coin

(definitively looking for character ties among the crew)

Kate

Character Name: Sorsha
Nickname: Red
Orientation: Pansexual
Occupation: Captain of the Serenity OR Captain of a sister ship that often accompanies Serenity
Allegiance: Anti-alliance in principals, whatever gives the most cash in practice.
Opinion of Alliance and Brown Coats: The Alliance has some good things about it, but it does need to have its face slapped about when the opportunity arises, and many of their goods should be liberated to those more needy of them.
Appearance:

Equipment: State of the Art body Armour that also acts as space suit (Best money can buy), a smugglers ship
Relationship(s): N/A
Goal(s):

Sorsha is greedy for money more than power and does seek to have her crew
equipped with state of the art equipment primarily to steal from the Alliance and sell
the goods to those the Alliance forgets. On occasions she will perform some services
for the Alliance to ensure she keeps her contacts and doesn't drift too deeply in their bad books,
as she still needs to dock at their stations and cant afford to be deemed a pirate ... yet.

Background:

During the war Sorsha saw to infiltration and espionage and knows more about
breaking encrypted communications than one would guess. She is very fickle with who she believes
is worthy of the truth, so much so she believes there is no such thing, only people that have
objectives care to interpret anything one way or the other, Sorsha believes knowing what someone
wants may as well be their lenses they see all facts through.

She left the Alliance on good terms and still is thought of well by many in their military
wing and the circumstances of her desiring to part ways does confuse and upset some top brass.

She was good, the idea of her not working for the Alliance is a thorn in their side but still
she did perform her duties well and as compensation did grant her personal ownership of some
armor that normally wouldn't leave Alliance stocks.

Desires:

Theft from the Alliance.

CurvyKitten

color me interested if you don't get overloaded with females that is. hehe I was thinking Pilot/mechanic type person maybe. Not a mastery mechanic or anything just one of those that now how to fix their bird and keep her flying.