5e D&D interest check

Started by Togashi, May 09, 2015, 11:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Togashi

Looking to see if anyone was interested in D&D 5e.

Meet a group of adventurers. Gather stories about monsters and dungeons. Delve the Dungeon. Kill the Monsters. Take the Treasure. Save the maiden. But it's a simple broken down version. Anyone who does want to be involved(up to 6 characters in a single group) will be given a job. How they do it, is up to them, but what happens along the way is the story. And if sexy time stuff happens, then enjoy.

The story is still being worked on, and for now this is just to see if anyone is interested.

Revelation

I'd be interested in a 5e game.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Darkleather

I've never played 5e, but have played a lot of AD&D.

I'm in (Though I might need a bit of assistance)!

Muse

*Peeks*  Hi there new dude!  Glad you got in. 

(You play AD&D?  We need to talk...) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

eternaldarkness

I'm so very interested, pending more information in regards to character creation. I'm probably out if it's 'level 1', just because there's zero options at that level and play by post is so slow that where you start is usually where you stay for the life of the character.

Ceyra

Darkleather

Quote from: Muse on May 10, 2015, 01:49:44 AM
*Peeks*  Hi there new dude!  Glad you got in. 

(You play AD&D?  We need to talk...)

I do - I played & GMed AD&D for the best part of 40 years.  Used to have shelves of rulebooks but unfortunately had to sell the lot :(  The only RPing rules I kept were those for Deadlands

Asphodel Terrarium

I am interested in Dungeons and Dragons.  :P Never mind about knowing 5e, I guess? I just want to play D&D.

Jayna

I happen to be quite fond of 5th and would love to join

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

Any room for a Forest Gnome Rogue with trained pet animals to steal and do other tasks, rats trained to go up pants legs and bit the nether parts of enemies works.

Togashi

Nine people to start, better than I hoped for. Well I can adjust traps and monster counts for 9 players. That wouldn't be hard. And could let me throw more... interesting things at you guys.

Regarding Character level, we would be starting at level 5. This would give you your initial archetype, and the ability to multiclass if you wanted.

Starting stats are the same for every character, however these are before racial bonuses: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.  So everyone gets something they're good at and something they're not so good at. However, I am allowing Human characters to use the Variant rule for Humans.

Everyone will get initial starting equipment dictated by their first class. 1 Rare magic item, 2 Uncommon magic items, and 5,000 gold pieces to spend on anything else you want, including upgrading equipment and so on.

IF you have the stats and everything you need for your characters great. If you don't have the books or rules or really anything else then here's something Wizards of the Coast put up on their website for free http://media.wizards.com/downloads/dnd/DnDBasicRules.pdf

It's only the basic rules, nothing all that great, but they do have the basics for classes, some of the more popular races, and such.

RubySlippers

My gnome is coming along I just am doing some, converting, of another 1st Level character, I'll need some pets so expert her to not be traveling alone.  ;D

I'm not sure of magic items though.

Togashi

If anyone needs assistance with magic items, or has questions about anything let me know. This can be in a private message or here, whatever works for you guys.

AndyZ

Speaking from experience, it may be better to split up people into two separate groups which are run separately.

I'm pondering a paladin but am not 100% yet.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RubySlippers

Okay I need magic items how about ,as a variant item, a Coat with Hood of Invisibility for the RARE item goes on with the hood up, only working for her. It should look ratty but be made of the finest materials with close inspection.

And two other items a Small Bag of Holding and a Simple Bonus Weapon (she favors the Short Sword).

Muse

Ooooh... 

This will be my first 5th edition game above 1st level... 

I wonder how K'tanya would look? 

What setting is this in, Togashi? 

AndyZ

A Cloak of Invisibility is Legendary, not Rare.

Togashi

Andy, Yeah I will likely break it up, but it'll depend on a few things as to HOW I break it up.

Muse, well that's what I'm not really sure about. I'm toying with some ideas as to where it would be. I'm not sure if I want to put it around the Sea of Fallen stars, Sword Cost, or where to throw you guys yet. I'm going to go with Farun, but I'm not sure where to set it beyond that yet.

Faeli

You should start a waiting list.

You should put me on the waiting list. 

:)

Muse

Presenting Nixi Talesedrin, Cormyrian noble girl and wizard, traveling under an assumed name to prove herself on her own merit. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-w0yMP8FfaDz_8DaI7FREUEZuA0SUra_1Hg59ugc1BI/edit

I think that covers everything i can do with just the PHB.  now to find the DMG. 

What do I need to do to get more spells in my spell book? 

Muse

Okay,  have a request. 

I'd like to have a wand of the war mage that is a staff instead of a wand? 

If possible, I'd like it as a rare, that acts as a +1 wand of the war mage AND a +1 weapon? 

AndyZ

Alisandra Starfire
L5 Half-Elf
Devoted Paladin
Neutral Good
Folk Hero

Strength 16 Dexterity 8 Constitution 14 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 18

Acrobatics -1
Animal Handling +4
Arcana +0
Athletics +6
Deception +4
History +0
Insight +4
Intimidation +4
Investigation +0
Medicine +1
Nature +0
Perception +4
Performance +4
Persuasion +7
Religion +0
Sleight of Hand -1
Stealth -1
Survival +4

Common, Elven, Celestial

Smith's Tools, Vehicles (Land)

Darkvision
Fey Ancestry

Divine Sense
Lay on Hands
Fighting Style: Great Weapon Fighting
Spellcasting
Divine Smite
Divine Health
Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon or Turn the Unholy
Extra Attack

Adamantine Plate
Greatsword of Warning
Rod of Rulership

Holy Symbol Amulet (5gp)
50' Silk Rope (10gp)
Traveler's Clothes (2gp)
Grappling Hook (2gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Bedroll (1gp)
10x Rations (5gp)
Waterskin (2sp)
Mess Kit (2sp)
Tinderbox (5sp)
Whetstone (1cp)
Soap (2cp)
Signal Whistle (5cp)
Chalk (1cp)
Torch (1cp)
Healing Potion x3 (150gp)

Horse Mail (300gp)
Military Saddle (20gp)

Greatsword: +6 to attack, 2d6+3 to damage, rerolls

AC 18 HP 44/44

Togashi

Muse, I will allow your staff of the war mage, so it's a +1 quarterstaff, and acts as a +1 arcane focus and counts as a rare item.

Andy, I do not have my books with me this night, so I will approve tomorrow.

Sorrow Singer

If you are still looking for players I would be very much interested in rolling a character for 5e

Togashi

That's a total of 11 people. Well there's 2 groups right there. I'm going to limit it to 1 more person at the most, but we'll see who stays for the whole thing.

AndyZ

Quote from: Togashi on May 13, 2015, 10:09:25 PM
Muse, I will allow your staff of the war mage, so it's a +1 quarterstaff, and acts as a +1 arcane focus and counts as a rare item.

Andy, I do not have my books with me this night, so I will approve tomorrow.

No worries ^_^

One thing I wanted to go over with you as an errata suggestion.

The Great Weapon fighting style says that any roll of 1 or 2 on a damage die lets you reroll.  That works great for Greataxes, but I recommend only rerolling 1s if there are two dice.  Otherwise you're looking at a minimum damage of 6 before any modifers are added.

Togashi

That is possible, except that no matter what your second roll is, even if it's another 1 or 2, you have to take the second result. So if I hit with a Greatsword and roll 3 damage(1 and 2) I can choose to reroll. But if I get a 3 and a 1 then I have to accept the 4 that I got.

AndyZ

Never thought of that.

Well, it's not an advantage to me to suggest the rule (more a disadvantage, honestly), but I still think it's something that the developers overlooked.

In 4e (yes, I liked 4e, at least before Essentials) they gave some 2-dice weapons like maul-equivalent exotic weapons a reroll on 1 ability but some 1-die weapons like greataxe-equivalent exotic weapons a reroll on either 1 or 2, so I know it balances better that way.

Although, come to think of it, maybe I'll just go with Dueling.  That picture does look more like a longsword than a greatsword...

Edit: Dueling seems cool also and will fit the concept.  I made a few changes and added in some minor tweaks to the artifact's, with minor properties and all that I missed initially.  Hope that's cool.

Jayna

Just throwing this up real quick! Still have a couple things to finish and edit but here is the rough draft of my character so far!
Mialee!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11aZNa-mTTmbW0hKxOlA7uKQ9E0WZmkie9oHfHbRmA-E/edit?usp=sharing

AndyZ

Alisandra Starfire
L5 Half-Elf
Devoted Paladin
Neutral Good
Folk Hero

Strength 16 Dexterity 8 Constitution 14 Intelligence 10 Wisdom 12 Charisma 18
Saves: Strength +4 Dexterity +0 Constitution +3 Intelligence +1 Wisdom +5 Charisma +8

Acrobatics -1
Animal Handling +4
Arcana +0
Athletics +6
Deception +4
History +0
Insight +4
Intimidation +4
Investigation +0
Medicine +1
Nature +0
Perception +4
Performance +4
Persuasion +7
Religion +0
Sleight of Hand -1
Stealth -1
Survival +4

Common, Elven, Celestial

Smith's Tools, Vehicles (Land)

Darkvision
Fey Ancestry

Divine Sense
Lay on Hands
Fighting Style: Duelist
Spellcasting
Divine Smite
Divine Health
Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon or Turn the Unholy
Extra Attack

Gleaming Adamantine Plate
War Leader Sun Blade - Trigger words "Calad Ettul" (Elvish for "Light Come Forth") (A)
Conscientious Circlet of Blasting

Cloak of Protection (A)
Longsword of Warning (A)

Holy Symbol Amulet (5gp)
50' Silk Rope (10gp)
Traveler's Clothes (2gp)
Grappling Hook (2gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Bedroll (1gp)
10x Rations (5gp)
Waterskin (2sp)
Mess Kit (2sp)
Tinderbox (5sp)
Whetstone (1cp)
Soap (2cp)
Signal Whistle (5cp)
Candle (1cp)
Chalk (1cp)
Healing Potion x5 (250gp)

Adamantine Plate for Mount
Saddle of the Cavalier
Saddlebags

Gold Dragon Comb set with Red Garnets as Eyes (750gp)

2000gp (Set aside for that property idea)

93gp

Alisandra: HP 44/44 AC 19

Bryn (Warhorse): HP 19/19 AC 18

Sunblade: +8 to attack, 1d8+7 radiant damage, +1d8 to undead
Circlet of Blasting: 3 attacks, +5, 2d6 fire, 120 feet

Spell DC: 15
Spell Attack Bonus: +7

Prepared (6+4): Command, Cure Wounds, Protection From Evil and Good, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith, Thunderous Smite; Find Steed, Lesser Restoration, Locate Object, Zone of Truth
Level 1: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Level 2: [ ] [ ]

Channel Divinity: [ ] (Short or Long Rest)
Divine Sense: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] (Long Rest)
Lay on Hands: 25/25 (Long Rest)

Faeli

Quote from: Togashi on May 13, 2015, 10:26:59 PM
That's a total of 11 people. Well there's 2 groups right there. I'm going to limit it to 1 more person at the most, but we'll see who stays for the whole thing.
Heeeey, I feel like this was relevant info when I asked to be put on the waiting list!

RubySlippers

Quote from: AndyZ on May 11, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
A Cloak of Invisibility is Legendary, not Rare.

So, I want one anyway.  :P

Togashi

Faeli, i intend to run 2 different games with the two groups. By limiting to one more (of which you are already one) it keeps the groups manageable. Both groups will start relatively the same. However as players make choices, fail/succeed at checks, the adventure will break off.

Ruby, you may not have a cloak of invisibility. If you want something like it you can use at your level I reccomend a Cloak of Elvenkind. It wont make you invisible but enemies will have disadvantage when trying to spot you visually.

Darkleather

Togashi

I'm finally getting around to sorting a character out -- I assume a Bard will be OK?

Togashi

Yes. Bards are welcome.

Andy, is your Sunshade named Greatsword or did you forget to change the name? Also, LOVE the Slayers reference.

Darkleather

Eschatel
L5 Human
Bard (Valour)
Chaotic Good
Entertainer

Strength 11 Dexterity 16 Constitution 9 Intelligence 14 Wisdom 13 Charisma 15

Acrobatics +4
Animal Handling +2
Arcana +3
Athletics +1
Deception +3
History +3
Insight +2
Intimidation +3
Investigation +3
Medicine +2
Nature +3
Perception +4
Performance +8
Persuasion +5
Religion +3
Sleight of Hand +6
Stealth +9
Survival +2

Common, Elven

Disguise Kit, Flute, Lyre, Drum, Bagpipes

Bardic Inspiration (1d8 bonus for 1 person twice a day)
Jack of All Trades (+1 to any proficiency check where I am not proficient)
Songs of Rest (all hearers recover 1d6 HP after a short rest)
Combat Inspiration (Bardic Inspiration can be added to damage or AC)
Font of Inspiration (Regain all Bardic Inspiration after a short rest)
War Caster (Bonus to Concentration rolls, cast spells while carrying a weapon & use
spells instead of an attack when an attack of opportunity is provoked)

Rapier +1, Dragon Slayer
Goggles of Night
Doss Lute (Fly, Invisibility, Levitate, Protn from Evil/Good, Animal Friendship, Protn from
fire, Protn from Poison)

Healing Potion x5 (250gp)

AC 14 HP 26/26

Asphodel Terrarium

??? I think I'll be needing help in building a character.

AndyZ

Quote from: Togashi on May 14, 2015, 12:50:11 PM
Andy, is your Sunshade named Greatsword or did you forget to change the name? Also, LOVE the Slayers reference.

Sorry, didn't realize this was edited in at first.  Edited in to the proper name.  Also: ^_^

Togashi

Quote from: Asphodel Terrarium on May 14, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

I'm happy to help any way I can, what do you need assistance with?

Togashi

Also, just a quickie note. Please, PLEASE, if you have divine powers of any kind, list your God/Goddess. If your character is religious in any way, do this as well. If you have questions regarding particular gods/goddesses, you may ask, and I will be more than happy to answer you. Not all of the Forgotten Realms gods are listed in the book, sadly, so some of the ones around are not listed there.

RubySlippers

Magic Items
RARE  Heward’s Handy Haversack
UNCOMMON  Decanter of Endless Water, Short sword +1

Muse

Still hoping to know what I need to add spells to my spellbook? 

Darkleather

While I was looking for a character sheet, I came across a character generator which was very helpful getting my head around what needs to be done for character creation. 

Here is the link:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1234

Togashi

Ruby, your items are approved.

Muse, you do not need components to copy spells into your spellbound at the start of the game. And at every level you get 2 spells to add to your book from existing levels. You basically discover them as you research your magic.

Muse

*nods*  All right. 

Can i invest starting resources in getting more? 

Sorrow Singer

Name: Amelia Duval
Level Five Human Fighter
Neutral Good
Outlander

Attribute Score/Attribute Mod / Attribute Save. Prof in Bold
STR: 18/4/8 Dex: 10//0/1 Con: 16/3/7 Int: 12/2/2 Wis: 13/2/2 Cha: 8/-1/0

+2 Longsword, +9 to attack. 1D8+6 Damage
AC 21 Hp 49/49

Skills
Skills. Prof in Bold
Athletics: 7
Acrobatics: 3

Arcana: 1
History: 1
Investigation: 1
Nature: 1
Religion: 1
Animal Handling: 1
Insight: 1
Medicine: 4
Perception: 4
Survival: 4

Deception: -1
Intimidation: -1
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1
Languages: Common. Elvish

Features
Features:
Alternate Human Trait: One Feat (Heavy Armour Mastery) one skill prof (medicine) and one attribute point for two attributes (Str, Con)
Protective Fighting Style
Second Wind
Action Surge
Battle Master:
Combat Superiority
Evasive Footwork
Feinting Attack
Riposte
Student of War: Carpenters Tools
Abbility Score Improvement. (Str, Con)
Extra Attack
Wanderer

Equipment
Starting Magic Items.
+2 Longsword (Rare)
Cloak of Protection (Atuned) (Uncommon)
Periapt of Wound Closure (Atuned) (Uncommon)

Starting Equipment:
Leather.
Longbow. 20 arrows.
Lance.
Shield.
Two Hand Axes.
Explorer's Pack
Lute
Quarter staff
Hunting Trap
A dire Wolves Fang necklace
Travelers Clothes
Belt pouch

Additional Equipment:
Adamantine Plate Armour (2, 000)
Dagger (2)
Morningstar (15)
Carpenters Tolls (8)
Warhorse (400)
Millitary Saddle (20)
Chainmail Barding (300)
Saddlebags (4)
Dungeoneer's Pack (12)
Two Healing Potions (100)
Sentinel Shield (500)
Boots of Striding and Springing (500)
14 platinum coins, 11 gold coins
A bejeweled Pendant on a gold chain. Worth 1,000 gold

Background
Background Outlander

Origin: Pilgrim

Traits: I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
I can't stand idly by when innocents are in peril, and will do everything in my power to help.

Ideal: Honor. I strive to uphold the oaths and conduct set down by my forefathers, and to never disapoint before their eyes.

Bond: My family is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.

Flaw: There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Amelia Duval favors herself a 'traveling hero.' She strives to explore new places, meet new people. Fight monsters and save the day. Having learned all she could from her farther, a venerable retired traveling hero himself. Amelia has at last set out to forge her own legacy.

A Capable fighter, she is well versed in the use of a multitude of basic martial weaponry, and all manor of Armour and shield. In combat she serves as an immovable object around which her allies can focus their offensive. Shielding fellow combatants with her shield while striking out with formidable strength.

After several months of traveling alone Amelia is thrilled to have a collection of fellow adventurers to fight alongside, striving ever harder to impress her new friends.

Sheet Version
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=206004

Muse

Quote from: Asphodel Terrarium on May 14, 2015, 06:52:34 PM

Oh, hey.  Didn't see it when you said that, Asphodel. 

Send me a PM and I'll help. 

Togashi

Sorrow when you say 18/8 are you giving us a modifier? Because if you are, they're off.

18/+4
10/0
16/+3
12/+1
13/+1
8/-1

Also, how did you get your stats that high? You only had 4 points to play with. 2 for being human and 2 for your 1 ability score increase. It looks like you used 5 points.

rikka

Wondering if there is room for one more?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Sorrow Singer

Sorry the numbers after the slash are the saves for each attribute. I thought it would be easier on the eyes than giving them a wholly new section of their own. The ones in bold are proficient saves, as provided by the fighter class.

As for the stats, I should have given more detail. It's complicated getting the numbers to mesh sometimes but I think I got it right. I'll re-math it just to be sure. starting block is;
15 Str, 10 Dex, 14 Con, int 12, wis 13, cha 8
Human gives two so one goes into str the other into con. Then she gets +1 to strength from Heavy Armor Mastery, the feat she chose as part of the alternative human trait.
17 Str, 10 Dex, 15 Con, int 12, wis 13, cha 8
At level four she chooses to take stats instead of a feat, gaining two more points. she spends these on Strength and con again, one in each. Now we get our total stat pool looking like
18 Str, 10 Dex, 16 Con, int 12, wis 13, cha 8
So four points to spend and one from heavy armor mastery.

eternaldarkness

I'll submit my sheet soon. Working from a smartphone makes putting a sheet on tricky.

Faeli

Okay party people!  I will work on her more tomorrow, but for the moment here is what I have.

... where do I find Rare and Uncommon magical items?

Work in Progress!

Lydis Faernil
L5 Human
Warlock
Neutral Good
Entertainer - Dancer, Storyteller, Instrumentalist

Strength 9 Dexterity 14 Constitution 11 Intelligence 15 Wisdom 13 Charisma 18

Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +1
Arcana +5
Athletics -1
Deception +7
History +2
Insight +1
Intimidation +4
Investigation +2
Medicine +1
Nature +2
Perception +1
Performance +7
Persuasion +4
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Survival +1

Common, Elven

Darkvision
Fey Ancestry

Otherworldly Patron: The Fiend
Spells Known: 0th:  Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Eldritch Blast
1st:  Witch Bolt, Charm Person
2nd: Scorching Ray, Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:  Fireball

Dark One's Blessing:  Gain 9 Temp HP when I reduce a creature to 0 HP
Pact of the Tome:  Light, Message, Dancing Lights

Eldritch Invocations:  Armor of Shadows (Mage Armor at Will), Repelling Blast

Sorrow Singer

The new magic items are in the Game Masters Guide. They took a very interesting turn on magic items in fifth edition, they are much rarer it seems and not the sort of thing you just buy in town.  It's a refreshing new way to look at magic items, they have so much more flavor without a price associated, and feel much more like unique treasures. If you don't have a copy of the guide or need a hand pick out a few basic ones I, or someone else could probably give you a hand.

Muse

I like it from what I've seen so far.  It's a lot closer to how we did things back in 2nd edition.  :)

IsabellaRose

Looks like I'm too late to get in on this, but please add me to a waiting list, if such a thing exists. I'll bookmark the thread, but please do PM me if there's a spot open so I can get a character together ASAP.

Thanks!

rikka

Ons/Offs

Togashi

Rikka, as the first person to ask after I declared one last spot it's yours.

Tracyfreegirl, I will add you to the waiting list. If you want to make a character you can, this way you can be ready. If someone drops, or becomes inactive too long we can work you in.

IsabellaRose

Quote from: Togashi on May 18, 2015, 10:47:31 AM
Rikka, as the first person to ask after I declared one last spot it's yours.

Tracyfreegirl, I will add you to the waiting list. If you want to make a character you can, this way you can be ready. If someone drops, or becomes inactive too long we can work you in.

Sounds good. It'll be lower priority for me as it's not anything active, so if you think you'll need me, poke me in a PM to get me moving on character creation.

Asphodel Terrarium

O:) Thank you, Muse and Jayna for helping me with the character.

Name: Rurik Ungart
Race: dwarf
Class: fighter

Stats:
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 8

rikka

appearance

Shandri Duskweaver
Human  Monk 3/Cleric 2 (Tymora)  CG

Str 12 (+1) Dex 16 (+3) Con 8 (-1) Wis 15 (+2) Int 10 (0) Cha 13 (+1)

Uncommon magic items - quiver of Ehlonna, short sword +1
Rare magic item - bracers of defense

I'm not sure what I could do with 5000 gp, it's a bit too much.

Ons/Offs

Togashi

For those unaware, 5k gold can be used to buy additional gear, magic items and so on.

Muse

Togashi, did you hear me ask if i can buy extra spells for my spellbook with that gold? 

eternaldarkness

My barbarian is done. I just need to post him up for the gm.

Sorrow Singer

I was doing some gold math and came to a conclusion, if five of us keep two thousand gold we can spend it as a joint venture, on a ten thousand gold sailing ship. and then pirates be we. alternatively we invest in property.

rikka

Is there a rule of thumb on how much magic items cost? 

Ons/Offs

Togashi

Well remember you can only be attuned to 3 at a time. But uncommon items will run you about 750 gold. A rare will cost all 5k.

AndyZ

I might buy another uncommon.  I could get in on the property thing, though, if other people wanted to do that.  Where are the rules for buying property?

Togashi

I apologize everyone. I misquoted. It's actually 500 gold. As for property buying I need to know a few things.

Faeli

I still don't know how to has magic items without a DMG

AndyZ

I'll help you out with them, Faeli.

A Painter

Is this still open to new players?

eternaldarkness

I'm willing to invest in either a ship or property. Maybe even both, once we know who will be in which groups

Faeli

Lydis Faernil
L5 Human
Warlock
Chaotic Good
Entertainer - Dancer, Storyteller, Instrumentalist

Strength 9 Dexterity 14 Constitution 11 Intelligence 15 Wisdom 13 Charisma 18

Acrobatics +2
Animal Handling +1
Arcana +5
Athletics -1
Deception +7
History +2
Insight +1
Intimidation +4
Investigation +2
Medicine +1
Nature +2
Perception +1
Performance +7
Persuasion +4
Religion +2
Sleight of Hand +2
Stealth +2
Survival +1

Common, Elven

Otherworldly Patron: The Fiend
Spells Known: 0th:  Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Eldritch Blast
1st:  Witch Bolt, Charm Person
2nd: Scorching Ray, Ray of Enfeeblement
3rd:  Fireball

Dark One's Blessing:  Gain 9 Temp HP when I reduce a creature to 0 HP
Pact of the Tome:  Light, Message, Dancing Lights

Eldritch Invocations:  Armor of Shadows (Mage Armor at Will), Repelling Blast, Devil's Sight

+2 Rod of the Pact Keeper
Bag of Holding
Broom of Flying

Bedroll
1 Set Fine Cloths
3 Sets Travellers Clothes
1 Set Costume
Hourglass
Steel Mirror
2 Vials Perfume
2 Person Tent

4931 Gold

AndyZ

Quote from: Togashi on May 19, 2015, 08:46:02 PM
I apologize everyone. I misquoted. It's actually 500 gold. As for property buying I need to know a few things.

When you say this, you mean that the price of an uncommon magic item is 500 gold, not that we only get 500 gold to start, right?

eternaldarkness

Here he is finally. I don't know what I was thinking with my first draft of him, but he's better and manlier now.

Orlan the Traitor
[Floatleft][/float]
Race: Human (variant human)
Class/Level: Barbarian 5 (Path of the Totem Warrior)
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Str: 16/+3 (+1 Racial) (19/+4 w/ gauntlets of Ogre Power)
Dex: 14/+2
Con: 14/+2 (+1 Racial)
Int: 8/-1
Wis: 10 /+0
Cha: 12/+1

Proficiency Bonus: +3
Init: +2
AC: 17 (14 unarmored)
HP: 48

Saves: Str* +7, Dex +2, Con* +5, Int -1, Wis +0, Cha +1

Racial Abilities:
+1 to two Ability Scores
Bonus Feat
Bonus Skill or Tool proficiency

Class Abilities:
Rage
Unarmored Defense
Reckless Attack
Danger Sense
Primal Path: Path of the Totem Warrior
Spirit Seeker
Totem Spirit: Bear
Ability Score Improvement (Feat: Sentinel)
Extra Attack
Fast Movement

Feats:
Great Weapon Master
Sentinel

Skills: *Denotes proficient skills
Acrobatics (dex)* +5 (Human)
Animal handling (Wis)+0
Arcana (int) -1
Athletics (str)* +7 (Soldier)
Deception (cha) +1
History (int) -1
Insight (Wis) +0
Intimidation (cha)* +4 (Soldier)
Investigation (int) -1
Medicine (Wis) +0
Nature (int)* +2 (Barbarian)
Perception (Wis)* +3 (Barbarian)
Performance (cha) +1
Persuasion (cha) +1
Religion (int) -1
Sleight of hand (dex) +2
Stealth (dex) +2
Survival (Wis) +0

Tool proficiencies:
Dice
Land Vehicles

Equipment
• Warhammer
• two handaxes
• An explorer’s pack and four javelins
An insignia of rank (Sergeant, Thayan Army), a trophy taken from
a fallen enemy (piece of a Rashemi banner, also his talisman), a set of bone dice, a set of
common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

+2 Greatsword (Hard Edge)
Adamantine Half Plate
Gauntlets of Ogre Power
Boots of Striding and Springing

Money: 4500 GP (500 spent to purchase Gauntlets of Ogre Power)

Background
A warrior created by Thayan wizards to be the ultimate weapon against their Rashemi enemies, Orlan was raised from birth to be a powerful combatant, versed in ways of fighting and defeating both ordinary soldiers and mages with brutal efficiency and infused with the spirit of a powerful Rashemi berserker by arcane magic to give him the powerful of those legendary warriors. He killed countless numbers of his corrupt nations enemies and would have continued doing so, but one day he encountered a witch on the battlefield who he couldn't raise his blade against, instead turning on his red wizard handler and slaying him, fleeing with the rashemi witch. Never truly an evil person, Orlan was only too happy to be free of his masters and the witch revealed that she had come looking for him. The berserker whose spirit had been fused to Orlans was her lover, and she had guessed (Correctly) that the magekiller would be unable to harm her. It did not take long before Orlan and the witch fell in love, and it would have remained that way if not for an accident where Orlan suddenly lost control of his berserker rage and killed his lover, becoming outcast by the Rashemi and hunted by his former homeland.

AndyZ

One thing I wanted to ask: I noticed that we also get the starting equipment, but I've kinda already set up stuff.  Any objection to taking the average of the starting wealth as listed on page 143 in PH?

Togashi

Muse. My ruling for buying more spells is, no. You cannot spend gold to get extra spell slots. However you could purchase them at 500 gold a spell (this represents components, time, and paying other wizards) to add a spell to an existing level you can cast at. But this does not increase your spells per day.

Yes 500 gold per uncommon item.

Sadly A Painter this is full up. But I can add you to the waiting list.

AndyZ

Quote from: Togashi on May 20, 2015, 01:02:09 AM
Muse. My ruling for buying more spells is, no. You cannot spend gold to get extra spell slots. However you could purchase them at 500 gold a spell (this represents components, time, and paying other wizards) to add a spell to an existing level you can cast at. But this does not increase your spells per day.

Yes 500 gold per uncommon item.

I believe Muse was asking about adding spells to the spellbook, not the slots.

eternaldarkness

Barbarian completed and updated, and he is a real combat monster who can even do useful stuff when the swords aren't swinging. Decent AC and 48 HP combined with the bear totem half damage and adamantine armor negating crits means he's nigh-indestructible and with sentinel he punishes enemies foolish enough to attack anyone else once he gets them in Melee. Great Weapon Master makes him able to deal out massive damage when he needs to, and he can go Reckless to mitigate the -5 attack penalty at the cost of making himself an easy target. That's okay; he wants all the enemies attacking him anyway.

His only real weak spot is his saves. If int, wish and cha saves start getting rolled he's in trouble. But that's what you guys are for. He would do well in a party with lots of people who can handle the brainwork and make those mental saves, and having someone to heal and buff him would be aces. Any caster doing so will not regret it. Nothing is going to escape him to attack them, and if it does his 40 ft. Speed and Boots of Striding and Springing ensure he will chase them down quickly.

stay behind the rampaging berserker with the big sword, and you live. Period.

Personality-wise Orlan is overprotective in the extreme. He is a former soldier accustomed to leading others into battle, and when his friends get hurt he takes it very hard. Out of combat he's probably the one making sure everyones gear is maintained and generally being a big 'ol papa bear.

Muse

Quote from: AndyZ on May 20, 2015, 01:04:09 AM
I believe Muse was asking about adding spells to the spellbook, not the slots.

Oh, yes!  Very much what Andy said.  :) 

And that's exactly what i was hoping for with new spells for my spellbook.  :) 

Muse

Togashi

Quote from: eternaldarkness on May 20, 2015, 03:06:01 AM
Barbarian completed and updated, and he is a real combat monster who can even do useful stuff when the swords aren't swinging. Decent AC and 48 HP combined with the bear totem half damage and adamantine armor negating crits means he's nigh-indestructible and with sentinel he punishes enemies foolish enough to attack anyone else once he gets them in Melee. Great Weapon Master makes him able to deal out massive damage when he needs to, and he can go Reckless to mitigate the -5 attack penalty at the cost of making himself an easy target. That's okay; he wants all the enemies attacking him anyway.

His only real weak spot is his saves. If int, wish and cha saves start getting rolled he's in trouble. But that's what you guys are for. He would do well in a party with lots of people who can handle the brainwork and make those mental saves, and having someone to heal and buff him would be aces. Any caster doing so will not regret it. Nothing is going to escape him to attack them, and if it does his 40 ft. Speed and Boots of Striding and Springing ensure he will chase them down quickly.

stay behind the rampaging berserker with the big sword, and you live. Period.

Personality-wise Orlan is overprotective in the extreme. He is a former soldier accustomed to leading others into battle, and when his friends get hurt he takes it very hard. Out of combat he's probably the one making sure everyones gear is maintained and generally being a big 'ol papa bear.

I think your biggest penalty is that you're wearing armor. So you don't  get to have your constitution bonus to it.

eternaldarkness

Eh, that's not a big deal. Getting hit is how Barbarians do their jobs. They soak up hits and laugh at the puny little weaklings dealing them out. Once Orlan gets in melee with you, you may as well just dig your own grave and lie down in it.

Muse

First draft of the character Asphodel asked me to make for him: 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:      Rurik Ungart
Race:      Mountain Dwarf
Backgound:   Guild Artisan
Class:      Fighter 5

Alingment:   Lawful Good
Size      Medium
Height      4'8"
Weight      165lbs

Stats:      Score   Modifier
Strength:   16   +3
Dexterity:   10   +0
Constitution:   18   +4
Intelligence:   12   +1
Wisdom:      14   +2   
Charisma:   8   -1

Hit Poitns   54

Armor Class   21 or 15 (17 with shield.) 
   Adamantine Full Plate (AC 18, Negates critical hits.) or Mithril Breastplate for civilian life (AC 14).   
   Sentinel Shield (AC +2, gives advantage on Iniative and perception tests.) 

Abilities, Class:
   Second Wind: You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d 10 + your fighter level.  Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
   Action Surge: Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action.  Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.
   Extra Attack: Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.  The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class.
   Defense: While you are wearing armor, you gain a +1 bonus to AC.
   Champion:
      Improved Critical: Beginning when you choose this archetype at 3rd level, your weapon attacks sco re a critical hit on a roll o f 19 or 20.

Abilities, Racial
   Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet. Your speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor.
   Darkvision. Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet o f you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
   Dwarven Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage (explained in chapter 9).
   Dwarven Combat Training. You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, throwing hammer, and warhammer.
   Tool Proficiency. You gain proficiency with the artisan’s tools of your choice: smith’s tools, brewer’s supplies, or mason’s tools.
   Stonecunning. Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.
   Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish. Dwarvish is full o f hard consonants and guttural sounds, and those characteristics spill over into whatever other language a dwarf might speak.
   Dwarven Armor Training. You have proficiency with light and medium armor.

Background Feature: 
   Guild Membership:
   As an established and respected member of a guild, you can rely on certain benefits that membership provides.
   Your fellow guild members will provide you with lodging and food if necessary, and pay for your funeral if needed. In some cities and towns, a guildhall offers a central place to meet other members o f your profession, which can be a good place to meet potential patrons, allies, or hirelings.
   Guilds often wield tremendous political power. If you are accused o f a crime, your guild w ill support you if a good case can be made for your innocence or the crime is justifiable. You can also gain access to powerful political figures through the guild, if you are a member in good standing. Such connections might require the donation of money or m agic items to the guild’s coffers.
   You must pay dues of 5 gp per month to the guild. If you miss payments, you must make up back dues to remain in the guild’s good graces.
   Languege: +1

Proficiency Bonus: +3
Armor and Weapons: All simple and martial weapons.  All armor and shields. 

Saving Throws:  Strength d20+6, Dexterity d20+0, Constituion d20+7, Inteligence d20+1, Wisdom d20+2, Charisma d20-1

Skills: 
   Athletics   d20+6
   History      d20+1 (Stonework +4)
   Insight      d20+5
   Perception   d20+5
   Persuasion   d20+2

Tool Proficiencies: 
   Artisan's Tools: Brewer
   Artisan's Tools: Smith

Weapons: 
   +2 Warhammer
      Attack Roll   d20+8
      Damage      d8+5
      Tags      Versatile (d10+3 when wielded in both hands.) 

Two Hand Axes
      Attack Roll   d20+6
      Damage      d6+3
      Range      20/60

Gear: 
   Coin: 3,700
   Platinum   7
   Gold      7
   Silver      4
   Copper      10

Other Gear: 
   Artisan's Tools: Brewer
   Artisan's Tools: Smith
   Boots of Striding and Springing (Movement 30, x3 jumping distances.) (Attuned)
   Belt Pouch
   Common Clothes
   Dungeoneering Pack:
   Healing Potion x5
   Letter of Introduction from the Smith's GUild. 

Jayna

Solid choice. Champions are ridiculously fun

Togashi

Okay. Tomorrow I'm going to post a thread just to hold character sheets. For those of you with completed sheets, you'll post them there, then I will announce who is going in what group. I will try my best to balance it out.

A Painter

Quote from: Togashi on May 20, 2015, 01:02:09 AM

Alright then.  I wish you all the best of luck with your game :)

Sorrow Singer

Polished the sheet and made it pretty, added a pretty picture. all ready to go on this end.

Togashi

AndyZ

One thing I wanted to ask: I noticed that we also get the starting equipment, but I've kinda already set up stuff.  Any objection to taking the average of the starting wealth as listed on page 143 in PH?

Togashi

Asphodel Terrarium

@Muse: Oh, thank you! The stats look nice. I have never been good with stats anyway.

??? Woah! Such long list too! One thing, how did I become a brewer?

Muse

Quote from: Asphodel Terrarium on May 21, 2015, 09:29:33 PM
@Muse: Oh, thank you! The stats look nice. I have never been good with stats anyway.

??? Woah! Such long list too! One thing, how did I become a brewer?

The brewer bit: 

Every dwarf picks up either Stonemasonry, smithing or brewing. 

Now that I've got your answers in PM, we can do a second draft that incorporates them. 

Asphodel Terrarium

Togashi

If you have finished making your character, please, post it in the character thread. As soon as I can go over all of them I can split them into groups.

AndyZ

It may be a good idea to split the groups by posting rate, putting faster people in one group and slower people into the other.

Togashi

Okay. I am going to give everyone until Tuesday night to post their characters in the character thread.

Asphodel Terrarium

O:) I already posted mine. @Muse: Thank you for all the help!

Darkleather

I'll try and sort mine today

Togashi

Group 1's ooc and the characters there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229972.0

Shandri Duskweaver - Monk/Cleric
Amelia Duval - Fighter
Nixi Talesdrin - Wizard
Mialee - Thief

Group 2's ooc and the characters there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=229974.0

Alisandra Starfire - Paladin
Rurik Ungart - Fighter
Orlan the Traitor - Barbarian
Eschatel - Bard
Lydis Faernil - Warlock

When the others post their characters I'll try to balance it out. But no more than 6 will be in each group.

Faeli

Hey Eschatel... can you please post your character to the OOC thread?  We are trying to save the first five posts for the first characters, so we aren't able to discuss or plan until you do :)

Darkleather

Acula

Hello all! AndyZ pointed me in this direction about maybe having a spot open for a Rogue? If there is I'd love to snag it. ^^

Togashi

Go for it. Make a character and we'll see how it goes.

JhoiraT

Just to be aaaaabsolutely sure, are there any more places in this RP?
- Jhoira

Togashi

Yes. There is one slot in each group.