Into Darkness We Venture (Seeking Hunters/Rangers)

Started by MagicalPen, May 15, 2013, 02:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Currently In Need of One More FEMALE Character - PM me if interested!

The Port City of Reynar was like the melting pot of the world. Exotic fairs and exotic people all melded into one large city. The Natural Harbor brought ships of all sizes, from all over the Known World, to do Trade. It is said that if there is something you want, the Port of Reynar has it.

The impressive War Fleet of Ribenheim is harbored here, the massive ships that protect the sea lines and ward of piracy, but also protect the interests of the Kingdom of Ribenheim. Such a fleet was only possible with the large Shipyard of Reynar, where carpenters toil day and night to build more ships.

Many great expeditions have set off from Reynar and the lure of Adventure and Gold has drawn many a land-lubber to the sea. Many have set sail, and many have failed to return. Some have brought back wonders and the splendors from the Ancient World, establishing new sea-lanes and trading partners. Many have brought back tales of Sea Monsters and Cannibals, lands long lost now found once more.

Whatever your reason, though, you boarded The Albatross with a dozen other Adventurers. You had heard the rumors of new lands found to the West, of Cities of Gold, and have decided to try your luck and make your fortune. The King of Ribenheim has promised lavish gifts and even Stewardship in the West for any Ship that can travel to the West, claim the land for Ribenheim, and prove its existence.

Looking for 3 - 5 players for this game.
All players must be able to multi-para-post.
Posting rate is expected to be 1 - 3 times every week, if not more frequently when possible.
I will be both the GM/Narrator and a Player in this story.
I am an equal-opportunist - I would like 3 guys (including myself) and 3 girls for this story if possible. Smaller numbers are also acceptable. (Subject to change based on Character Ideas + Level of Interest in this story)

Important Threads:
Please remember to BOOKMARK these threads!

The OOC Thread!

Seeking One Male and One Female Character

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

MagicalPen

Additional Information:

I've only posted a teaser so as not to spoil the surprises to this story.

All Character Sheets must be PM'd to me - DO NOT POST THEM HERE. All sheets posted here will be IGNORED (and taken as a sign that you can not follow directions/read all the way through).

I require pictures with your characters - no ANIME - real pictures that are suitable will work, along with images from the PATHFINDER game (NOTE: I have never played Pathfinder, just find the art quite nice. Here is a useful link full of characters/images of what I want: http://ruloc.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0 )

Acceptable Races:
Half-Breeds of All Sorts
Humans
Elves
Dwarves
Orcs

If you wish to play a character of another RACE, please send me a PM and convince me to let you use said race.

Character Classes:
All Classes within reason are Acceptable to this. The backstory to your character is what will count - IE: Why is your Character leaving it all behind to go on an Adventure from which they may never return?

Character Sheet:

[float=left][img padding=10 width=250]INSERT IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Age:[/b]
[b]Character Race:[/b]
[b]Character Sex:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Character Background:[/b]
[b]Reason for Joining the Expidition:[/b]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]

In Regards to Magic:
Per-character basis. Sell me on it.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MzHyde

What in god's name does 'multi-para-post' mean?

Cold Heritage

Quote from: MzHyde on May 15, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
What in god's name does 'multi-para-post' mean?

Multiple paragraph post.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

If people are scared of the posting requirement, what I am really looking for is a solid post from people - at least 7 - 8 lines in at least one paragraph. Full of description and thoughts and action.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

RedEve

I might be interested in this, provided you don't think we are collaborating on too many games as it is.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

MagicalPen

Updated with another character, with another on the way.

Would like to see some of the following:

A Male Magic User (x 1)
A Female Non-Magic User (x 2)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

xPeachyPuff

I might be interested in a female, non-magic, user. I'll see what I can do~

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: MagicalPen on May 18, 2013, 03:46:04 AM
Updated with another character, with another on the way.

Would like to see some of the following:

A Male Magic User (x 1)
A Female Non-Magic User (x 2)

I'm definitely interested in being a female non-magic user. Will work on a character today.
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

Got mine in too...earlier today. Can't wait to get started!
"True intimacy is a human constant. People of all types find it equally hard to achieve, equally precious to hold. Age, education, social status, make little difference here; even genius does not presuppose the talent to reveal one's self completely and completely absorb one's self in another personality. Intimacy is to love what concentration is to work: a simultaneous drawing together to attention and release of energy."

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

MagicalPen

Alrighty. Updated with a bunch of new Characters.

This is LAST CALL for anyone else that might be interested in this game. I am quite comfortable with the numbers at this point, but if one or two more people would like to join, send me Character Sheets ASAP!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Adrianna Paige

Wow! I'm really liking the background stories! Good job everyone. I look forward to playing with all of you!

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 20, 2013, 01:38:05 PM
Everyone's characters look awesome! (:

Snorkle...would you mind if i asked which character is yours?

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 20, 2013, 01:44:39 PM
Snorkle...would you mind if i asked which character is yours?

Of course not (:

Avari is my charater~
What about yours?

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 20, 2013, 01:45:33 PM
Of course not (:

Avari is my charater~
What about yours?

Oh awesome! Mine is Jetta.

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

I've held onto her picture for the LONGEST TIME because I knew come hell or high water I was going to use it and look! an opportunity presented itself!

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

xPeachyPuff

That's awesome. It's a great picture :3 She's an awesome character.

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 20, 2013, 01:50:19 PM
That's awesome. It's a great picture :3 She's an awesome character.

oh yes..*chuckles* oh yes.

So how was your weekend?

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 20, 2013, 01:57:20 PM
So how was your weekend?

It was alright thank you, nothing special. Am trying to prepare for an anime/comic convention this weekend coming so things are a bit hectic. Yourself?

Adrianna Paige

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on May 20, 2013, 02:00:01 PM
It was alright thank you, nothing special. Am trying to prepare for an anime/comic convention this weekend coming so things are a bit hectic. Yourself?

It was great! The kiddos and I went to the park and then my oldest child had a band concert yesterday and performed well. This is her first year and she plays the flute. Saturday consisted of a birthday party that my kids were invited to. The game of hide and seek was pretty cut throat. lol. The part that i dont get is how all the fun led to a water balloon fight INSIDE their house! I was so thankful that my kiddos were not a part of that because the mother was LIVID!! I truly believe that this birthday party is the last one her child is celebrating..mainly because I dont think he lived past Saturday! lol. 

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Adrianna Paige on May 20, 2013, 02:04:44 PM
It was great! The kiddos and I went to the park and then my oldest child had a band concert yesterday and performed well. This is her first year and she plays the flute. Saturday consisted of a birthday party that my kids were invited to. The game of hide and seek was pretty cut throat. lol. The part that i dont get is how all the fun led to a water balloon fight INSIDE their house! I was so thankful that my kiddos were not a part of that because the mother was LIVID!! I truly believe that this birthday party is the last one her child is celebrating..mainly because I dont think he lived past Saturday! lol.

Awwwwh, sounds like a great time :3 I'm glad it was good for you then!

MagicalPen

Keep an eye on the first post in this thread for some game related threads.

I'm going to put everything in EX category simply to cover all our bases.

Ok. Some important game information is coming up.

Instead of posting it here, I'll create a new thread for it.

Once I do, I'll post a link in the first post of this thread.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Alright. Please follow the link in the first post to the OOC Page and the other pages. There are more instructions to be found there.

At this time, I am open to One More FEMALE Character. If interested, please PM me.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Adrianna Paige

why do we need one more female? If i counted right then we have 4 males and 4 females already? Just curious..

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

MagicalPen

More people are interested and not sure if Redeve will be around.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Adrianna Paige

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Adrianna Paige

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

MagicalPen

Everyone still interested I hope? I think I am going to start things off here in a little bit and let RedEve catchup as she's gone for some time.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Inkidu

I'm still interested in this. I've got time, so a little patience isn't going to kill me.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MagicalPen

I'll double check, but I don't think everyone has made the required post yet.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Adrianna Paige

I'm still interested.  I'k happy starting whenever. If we want to wait then that's cool. If we don't want to wait I'm good with that too.

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

MagicalPen

I've created Avatars for everyone and will be posting them shortly in the Character Thread along with an updated format for posts. For those that have posted, its simple to modify the beginning of your post to the new format!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Adrianna Paige

Robert Grudin

BDSM Bracket

Lady Lunarius

I already showed my interest, just thought I'd peek in to say hi as well. ;)
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Etherealdreamer

PM sent. Still wondering if y'all were waiting on one last person, or even had room for another! I know I came late to the party, but here's hoping. This is one of the more interesting group requests I've come across. :)
'Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.'

MagicalPen

Added another new person to the game as well! This weekend I'll hopefully be able to update all the avatars and other threads.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Added more avatars to the Cast page for use in game.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Etherealdreamer

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Another player dropped, so looking for a replacement.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Etherealdreamer

Com'on folks... Come and plaaaaaaay with us! Environmant's goooooorgeous.

MagicalPen

Can I get a rollcall on who is still here at this point?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Vassus

E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Etherealdreamer

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Etherealdreamer

At the risk of sounding like an overeager puppy or an annoying younger sibling... me, me, me! I'm here!

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Etherealdreamer on July 02, 2013, 10:21:30 PM
At the risk of sounding like an overeager puppy or an annoying younger sibling... me, me, me! I'm here!

Still here, I'll post again as Natalia soon. Just figured I'd give some chance for others to postie
LaLu's Delicious treats!

MagicalPen

For those that are still around, I've posted again. Since the characters have split up (or are in the process of doing so) I created separate threads for each group. I'll be the GM for the threads as the characters pick the presented 'options'. Some of the threads will have a heavier GM hand so post as frequently as you can to keep things moving along.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Did we lose our fearless hunters? They (and Vassus) are the only people yet to post.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Since Inkidu and RedEve have both failed to post in the last 11 days in their hunters thread, I am removing them from this game.

That means I am looking for a Male Replacement and a Female Replacement to fill in their roles - think Ranger Types.

If interested in these roles, let me know.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

RedEve

Hey,

I guess I can't really fault you for dropping me, but I was kinda hoping/waiting for feedback from my ranger partner for my next post.

MagicalPen

He hasn't/didn't post and I can't wait forever to get all the storylines moving. The other two threads are quite active at the present, so I didn't have much choice really.

Also - still looking for replacements! Can accept two new characters of the Archery-type.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Still looking for a few players to fill in some roles.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

RedEve

arkhos

Heyas MP,

Very curious about this game... is the cast-section up-to-date? If I create something, I'd like it to be something that compliments the people remaining, not doubling up on roles already in the group.

I'd be playing a male character, of course.

And here's a couple gold pieces to urge you to let RedEve come back to the game - she's awesome! :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

MagicalPen

In all honesty, most of the people who joined don't seem that interested anymore. I'm about ready so shut it down and do some world-building this weekend before coming up with something new, though I'll probably be really picky about who I let in since 'dedicated' doesn't seem to mean what it used to these days. Might do that 'oath of drake' thing only.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

arkhos

Gotcha MP, and totally understand. :(

Thanks for the response. :)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

MagicalPen

I launched a new game for those that might be interested.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Etherealdreamer