News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Gentle Reminder

Started by Oreo, July 06, 2017, 08:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

I would like to ask about a certain piece of wording, as it is actually rather ambiguous when considering the nature of what our characters often do on this site: (have sex).

"All face claims representing characters between 16 and 18 years of age must be fully clothed."

Fully clothed includes a jacket, and shoes, and pants, not skirts, etc.
I would like this to be clarified, is cleavage ok? Naturally, some skin will be showing, so I don't actually believe that my character *faceclaim photo* has to be wearing gloves and a berka, but, where is the line drawn? Bikini? Underwear? at least a top and a bottom? I do not envy the job of the moderators one bit, this sounds like a pain in the butt for ya'll.

*edited*

Oreo

So long as their bodies are covered with as much as a swim suit they are okay. In other words no nudity.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Alias

Quote from: Oreo on August 21, 2018, 08:23:24 PM
So long as their bodies are covered with as much as a swim suit they are okay. In other words no nudity.

understood. Thanks for all the hard work!

Flower

Quote from: Oreo on August 21, 2018, 02:31:10 PM
Please note that there has been a modification to the rules:

2. All face claims representing characters between 16 and 18 years of age must be fully clothed. They must also be of models that are 18 years or older. Staff may ask for proof of age to be included if this is not immediately apparent.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM any staff.

Hey! I'm a bit confused by the wording of this.

Are you stating that even if a face claim is 18 and over, your 16 - 17 year old character cannot be anything but fully clothed?

Oreo

Quote from: Flower on August 22, 2018, 12:27:54 PM
Hey! I'm a bit confused by the wording of this.

Are you stating that even if a face claim is 18 and over, your 16 - 17 year old character cannot be anything but fully clothed?
Yes, 16-17 year old character pics (even though the model is 18+) cannot have genitals or breasts showing.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Flower

Thank you muchly for the clarification. ^_^

OmegasTrinity

What if the character does nothing sexual and is either in a non-sexual game or is a side/NPC character? Do the face claims still have to be 16 and over even if the character may be younger (say 13 for example)?

The question includes drawn images of non-real people.

Oreo

Quote from: OmegasTrinity on August 22, 2018, 09:15:10 PM
What if the character does nothing sexual and is either in a non-sexual game or is a side/NPC character? Do the face claims still have to be 16 and over even if the character may be younger (say 13 for example)?

The question includes drawn images of non-real people.
That falls under rule #1

No embedding images or videos of anyone under eighteen, period. The medium and context are irrelevant, though you may link to such material so long as it is non-sexual. This includes images of underage characters in the Non-Adult Roleplaying section. If you see such an image, please click on the "Report to moderator" link to alert staff to the issue. Photos, videos, and other evidence of exploitation of minors will be reported to the authorities.

OmegasTrinity

Oreo

VonDoom

Noted, but I have a logistical question... wouldn't this topic be better served in the rules and announcements category?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Cryptic

I think they already made the change in the rules and announcements, this is so if people have questions or need clarification, we can ask and our staff can answer them and all our members understand. :) Though could be completely wrong, it's happened on many an occasion
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Oniya

Quote from: Cryptic on August 24, 2018, 05:40:39 AM
I think they already made the change in the rules and announcements, this is so if people have questions or need clarification, we can ask and our staff can answer them and all our members understand. :) Though could be completely wrong, it's happened on many an occasion

Exactly this.  People can't put comments in the Rules and Announcements threads.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Josietta

The safest bet when finding a character picture/representation, research said face claim before using it. Even if it "looks" old enough it doesn't necessarily mean the person is. I made this particular mistake in my own picture hunting. Learn from my mistakes.  Look up ages, even if you think they are old enough, just to cover your backside.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

persephone325

And, if you don't know the name, reverse image search it. I've been getting really good at figuring out names and ages lately.

*pats self on back*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Oniya

Quote from: persephone325 on August 27, 2018, 02:52:50 PM
And, if you don't know the name, reverse image search it. I've been getting really good at figuring out names and ages lately.

*pats self on back*

Many of the *booru-type sites will have character or series tags.  I find this very helpful.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Oniya

Additional helpful information about ages in Japanese schools has been added to the first post. 

Marie Reynolds

What would be the best way to check with a staff member if a Picture is suitable to  be put on the site?

Oniya

You can PM any active Staff member with a link to the image you want to use.  There might be a short review period before an answer comes back, but it's usually pretty quick.

Marie Reynolds

Okay Thanks do you mind if I pm you Oniya with the link. Just to be sure I would just use the hyperlink  code button to  share that? I don't use that option as much and just want to be sure I use the right thing.

Oniya

That would be fine!  The button works easily enough, or you can use the following BBCode:

[url]link to image here[/url]