Rules question, dont know if its been brought up.

Started by Prefect Mos, February 23, 2009, 12:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prefect Mos

Hey there.  Would there Be a problem with organizing a Pacific north west E meet up?

Greenthorn

For your own safety...and for Elliquiy's...I personally think it might be a bad idea.  One on one meetups are great...but...well...there's some really creepy people...even in E.

WyldRanger

Not to mention the fact that most people are completely different here then in RL. So me personally, I would advise against it.

Trieste

With regard to the rules themselves, it's ... very, very iffy as far as rule #7 goes.

You will not reveal identifiable details about another person on these boards without their express permission that an appropriate member of the staff has seen. This includes names of non-members. No personal information, personal photographs or any sort of contact or personal details of anyone is permitted in the public areas of the site without the explicit permission of the staff.

Unless every single person that attended knew every single other person that was going to be there and was utterly comfortable with them knowing their name, what they look like, their general area of residence... it would be against that rule.

We certainly can't stop you from meeting in real life, or having some sort of meetup, but please do be aware that we will continue to enforce the rules as usual, and that includes smacking people around for soliciting personal information if we receive a complaint.

Scott

Quote from: Trieste on February 23, 2009, 10:17:16 AM
We certainly can't stop you from meeting in real life, or having some sort of meetup, but please do be aware that we will continue to enforce the rules as usual, and that includes smacking people around for soliciting personal information if we receive a complaint.

I don't want to solicit personal information, or break any rules or anything, but could you smack me around again? It's been a while and I miss it :).

Prefect Mos

Ohh I would certainly make it as transparent of whats going on as possible, Meet in a large public space with as little disclosure as possible. I would provide my cell phone number to attendees that contact me and only provide the location to people who RSVP. IT would be in a large public place in downtown Seattle witch is a major hub for bus lines, And I certainly would not do this with out a go ahead from the staff and further discussion. I would be using the Munch method and will be talking to a few friends of mine that have done things like this for ideas on how to best secure as much privacy for people who desire it as possible.

Trieste

Quote from: Scott on February 23, 2009, 10:29:05 AM
I don't want to solicit personal information, or break any rules or anything, but could you smack me around again? It's been a while and I miss it :).

Snrk. :P

Quote from: AdmerWill on February 23, 2009, 05:32:43 PM
Ohh I would certainly make it as transparent of whats going on as possible, Meet in a large public space with as little disclosure as possible. I would provide my cell phone number to attendees that contact me and only provide the location to people who RSVP. IT would be in a large public place in downtown Seattle witch is a major hub for bus lines, And I certainly would not do this with out a go ahead from the staff and further discussion. I would be using the Munch method and will be talking to a few friends of mine that have done things like this for ideas on how to best secure as much privacy for people who desire it as possible.

Sounds like you have a good handle on the care involved. I don't know that staff would approve something like this, so the best that you might get from us would be a "Proceed with caution ..." but you're also, wahey, an adult.

Greenthorn

Honestly, I don't think anyone would give a go ahead and back it up considering too many bad things could happen!  You have only been here a little over a month...and well...I've been here for a year and as enticing as it would be to run and meet all the people I've met...I wouldn't.  It's simply not safe.  Please believe me when I tell you that one month net time with someone does not mean you "know" them *cringe*...and just because someone is in Elliquiy and is a wonderful person -here- does not mean they are the same in RL.

It's risky and the start of every nightmare story from the news: "They met online a month or two ago..."

Don't do it....at least NOT YET.  If you have a cell phone, go ahead and exchange numbers....or better yet, get a mic and have an online party...don't trust people too much...

*hugs*

(and I'd so come to a mic party!!!)

(shup Trieste!)

Trieste

Quote from: Greenthorn on February 24, 2009, 05:40:49 AM
I've been here for a year and ...

Only because we haven't found a reason to ban you yet. :P

(and I'd so come to a mic party!!!)

Staff holds them all the time. *sage nod* Strippers and everything. Don't tell Bliss, though, 'cause last time she got a little rambunctious with the cake and, well, we don't let her come anymore.

(... with your wooder?)

(shup Trieste!)

(?!??! *looks innocent*  :-*)

Greenthorn

Leave my wooder alone!!!!! ::) ;D

And you won't find a reason to ban me!  I'm too stealthy *grins*

(definitely just kidding since you damn staff keep me on that damn radar and I can't get away with anything.  Damn!)

Lithos

Also there is simple matter of distance. While I like you people quite a well, flying to US and back for something that takes one evening uses up practically whole weekend (actually a bit of extra) and would probably get some jet lag to boot :P

There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Prefect Mos

Well this wouldn't be for all of E.. theres a concentration of us in the Seattle Metropolitan area. thats who this would be for.

Greenthorn

Not only safety concerns abound...but also the dreaded cliques!!  ::)  I think if you're going to do something then you need to simply keep it under wraps and do it on your own...kind of leaving Elliquiy "out of it"...y'know?

Prefect Mos

I hadnt thought of the Clique issue... But this one isnt out of excluding people that we dont like, hell some of our favorite people wouldn't be able to attend that would include you GT.. but its a matter of practicality.. traveling outside the Purvues of Sound Transit for a Brunch seems a bit on the crazy side. I suppose if some one realy wantted to come from further we would have to welcome, but we would discourage based on that its a Trial thing .. and it wont be a big event, just a little socializing.

Greenthorn

Awww I'm one of your favorites?!?   ;D

But seriously...just do it outside of Elliquiy *shrugs* that way, Elliquiy isn't held accountable and if things turn bad...well...then the staff won't have to deal with it.  That's another thing to think about...

What if something does go bad...should staff have to deal with it at all considering it went to RL?

Ehhh...*repeats the second sentence again*

Prefect Mos