The Workings of Xandi's Mind

Started by Autumn52, March 17, 2011, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

You know I am in your corner cheering you on. Not throwing in the towel.
You will be great Xandi and you will have a wonderful day. I'm proud of you

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Ramster

*Smooches* Great to hear school is going so well for you! It's a pleasure to see you back on E. Wish you luck with that instructor who's a pain in the ass, and hang in there!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

Autumn52

Thanks guys. Yesterday went smoother. Student council meeting was uneventful and the day went by fairly well. Today should prove to be a bit challenging. I have a stocks and bonds class that I really hate. But not to worry I am doing well in that class. I tell myself each and everyday this is to get me to my ultimate goal, and that does the trick. Setting goals for myself has always been a good thing.

Hugs to all and thanks for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

MasterMischief

Yep.  Keep your eye on the prize.

Hugs.

Autumn52

Not feeling well today. I am staying home from school today. I'm ahead in most of my classes but I still hate to miss a day. Today was suppose to be theme Thursday, Jersey Day. I had my Jersey all picked out but, Oh well, maybe next time. If I feel better later I will go try to sell some Valentine stuff for my schools fundraiser. I will probably work on school work anyway, going back to bed now. I hate feeling ill. *pouts*

EDIT: Well I am up anyway so I guess I am going to school. Wish me luck.

Hugs to all

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

MasterMischief

Good luck.

Looks down at the pot of Chicken Noodle Soup he made.

Maybe when she gets back.

Autumn52

School was ok, still not feeling well. I am going to try to sleep this one off.

Thanks MM, very thoughtful.

MasterMischief

I hope you are feeling better soon.

TaintedAndDelish

Good luck with school... And glad to hear from you again. Hopefully all works out for the best.

Autumn52

Thank you both. I will try and go to school tomorrow. Today has been a bit better. Hugs to you both.

MasterMischief

Fills the room with hugs for Xandi, then realizes he trapped himself in the thread.

Autumn52

February 19, 2012

Today I want to tell you about a place many of you have ask me about. That place is Xandiland. Xandiland is a place I go when life on Earth become difficult. Don’t get me wrong Xandiland has been under attack but I have always managed to defend my boundaries.

There is sunshine and beaches. There are mountains and caverns. There are deserted islands that need exploring, but in all of this there is peace, quiet, and lots of animals. The wild animals do not attack, they simply exist as do I. In Xandiland there is harmony among all creatures and even the place is in harmony with my moods and needs. It is like that for everyone. What I see and enjoy may be a sunny day with waves crashing along the white sandy beaches, while what you see and enjoy might be a moonlit walk along that same beach, at that same time. Xandiland is all things to all people.

There are very few rules in Xandiland. The most important rule is to be kind, kind to yourself, kind to others, and kind to nature and all the animals. Everything in Xandiland is under my protection, everything and everyone. There is no need to be harsh, because your wish is a reality as soon as you thought it. Your happiness and enjoyment are the same.

In this place, I have constructed, all things are possible. If you have a fear you wish to overcome without the thought of failure plaguing you, Xandiland is the place that it can be accomplished. There is no failure in Xandiland, only happiness, contentment, and peace.

You may be wondering how this is possible since in the very beginning I stated that Xandiland has been under attack at times. I will explain: Some people do not like a place where your imagination is the only limit. Some people do not like the lack of drama. Some people are drawn to drama and misdeeds and they do not like Xandiland and think it is an abomination. These are the people who would like to destroy my sanctuary. I will never let that happen. Xandi without Xandiland does not exist. It is as much a part of me as my arm or leg.

When I encounter difficulties, in the life I lead on the outside of Xandiland, I find comfort in knowing I can retreat there and find solace. All I need do is close my eyes and wish to be in my homeland and I am transported there. I can explore that deserted island I notice last week, who know there may be buried treasure awaiting my prying eyes. Some pirate may have left his treasure for safe keeping inside my borders and now it sits waiting for me to find it. I have swam with dolphins, I have spoken with eagles, and I have flown with a pterodactyl and reached the highest mountains in Xandiland. I have explored caves along those white sandy beaches and I have found gold in my mountains. Xandiland is my sanctuary and on occasion I invite someone to join me there.

I’m sure some of you have a different name for your own sanctuary but for me Xandiland is it. This place has saved my life more than once and knowing that it is there makes my existence on this plane tolerable.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I intend to. I am visiting a beach along the shores of Xandiland today, it should prove to be relaxing and don’t worry I am wearing my sunscreen.

Hugs to all and thanks for reading.

Captain Maltese

I think I would like to visit Xandiland some day and join you on the pterodactyl evening flight. I can think of no better way to share a sunset with a beautiful woman.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Autumn52

Awwww *hurries about to send out an invitation*

MasterMischief

So...um...do I have to be a vegan in Xandiland?

What?!   :P

Diablo Kane

Xandiland sounds a little similar to my homeworld, Dylora. There are no politics, strange and exotic animals are tame. Different species of people live there without any pretenses of hate or prejudice. Society needs no ruler as the people have the ability to govern themselves. My ability to survive in space unaided and walk the surface of the sun had Dylorians worshipping me as a God. I long for the day I can return.

Autumn52

I am going to be away for a little while again. Hopefully not long. Take care everyone.

MasterMischief

I hope you are well.  Missing you like crazy.

TheLegionary

I could not agree more with MasterMischief!

Autumn52

April 7, 2012

As some of you may know on occasion I take a little time away to find my balance. I have recently done that and I would like to share with you what I discovered. First of all it isn't so much a discovery as an Ahhh moment. I thought a lot about my existence and how the past, present and future appear to me. I mean in all honesty who of us would not like to change something from our past.

I did some more thinking and realized these facts:
The future is not set because you can dream it. The present is clay because it can be molded. The past is finished; it is history that has been written and because of that you cannot change it, but learning from it is a must. The past is our definition, our lives that have lead us here. In view of these statements we must make time a friend because it is with us in each life. Treasure the journey you walk right now for it might be the one where you get it right.

I know you are probably thinking; Did she say lives? Yes I did. I believe we live until we get it right, until we are what we are truly meant to be. Now some of you may be thinking; 'if that is true then some people are on a backward trail.' The truth is some people are looking to the past and remaking the same mistakes over and over. 'Why?' you may ask. Simply put some people do not learn from their mistakes, some people refuse to acknowledge that their thinking is set on the wrong path. 'Wrong for who?' you may wonder. Wrong for them. No two humans walk the same path, so no two humans have the same experience, which makes each of us unique. I find that thought comforting. What is right for me is not right for someone else. For this fact I love Elliquiy.

Elliquiy is the community of the future world, or at least where I hope the human race is going. Acceptance, open mindedness, and friendliness is a staple here in our little community. Not all of us believe the same. Not all of us have the same likes and dislikes. One thing is certain about this place, we all have a place here, we are all accepted and befriended no matter what our background. Elliquiy is not perfect by any means but when compared with the world in general it is a haven. A place where you can be anything, do anything and not feel ashamed of who or what you are. It is a place where, if you chose, you can make friends that will help you through rough places in life. You are the Captain of your ship here at Elliquiy, and by that I mean you can chose to be private and keep your real life apart from your Elliquiy life or you can chose to blend the two in whatever way you find comfortable.

You may be wondering where is all of this going? I will tell you where. It goes straight to my head. I chose to believe that Elliquiy is just the start of a world that will accept each of us for who we are without restrictions. I chose to believe that despite all the problems in the world today, we, the human race, are not completely doomed. When you pick up a news paper or watch the news on TV do you ask yourself, what is this world coming to? I do. I wonder at times how the human race has survived for so long. Humans are cruel to each other, they do horrible things to one another. I don't listen to the news much anymore because it is so depressing. But then I come to Elliquiy, which is not perfect, but it gives me hope for what the world could be, should be. We don't all agree on everything. We fuss and fight like any other family. But one difference is, and this is a big one, YOU and ME, we are in control of our lives. We as a community can and should be the example to others, but that doesn't make us perfect. We still make mistakes. The difference is we learn from our mistakes and progress on the road that we all are trying to walk. The road toward something better, and this gives me hope.

This is Easter weekend and I know a lot of you have plans but I would like to ask all of you to do one thing this weekend in honor of a society that is accepting and open minded. A society that, if we try hard enough, could be the world one day. Take a moment this weekend to make someone new feel welcomed, to make this community as welcoming to others as it has been to us. One more thing; in the beginning I said, "the present is like clay and can be molded", Lets mold our present into the future we want starting now.

I want to thank you for reading and I would like to wish everyone a happy Easter. May you all have peace and light in your lives. Peace be with you. Live, Love, and Laugh for this life is to short to do otherwise.
*Leaves hugs for all*

Mr Bigglesworth

Very nicely said Xandi.  Thank you for this.  Hugs.

Autumn52

April 8, 2012 (Happy Easter)

I have had a few people question my logic on yesterdays post. I thought today I would address those thoughts. But before I do that I would like to express my feelings on Easter. I know that many associate this holiday as being Christian but in reality many different cultures throughout history have celebrated the rebirth which is Springtime. This time of year everything comes back to life and the cold winter is replaced by sunshine and the earth being brought out of the cold sleep of winter. It is this that I celebrate at this time of year. The trees turning green, the animals giving birth to their young. All of these things make springtime, and Easter, special to me. So in view of that I wish each one of you a Happy Easter.

Now as to the questions about yesterdays post:
QuoteElliquiy is the community of the future world, or at least where I hope the human race is going. Acceptance, open mindedness, and friendliness is a staple here in our little community....One thing is certain about this place, we all have a place here, we are all accepted and befriended no matter what our background.

These two statements got the most attention. One person made the comment that, 'Elliquiy does not accept and befriend everyone, if it did then there would be no questionnaire to gain entry and there would be no penalties like banning.'

My reply to this statement is that there is a questionnaire precisely for that reason. If a person wants to be a member of this community they must show that they are willing to abide by the laws of the land. *so to speak* If everyone was welcomed then Elliquiy would be no different than all the other sites out there. Elliquiy would be exactly like the world we live in, the world we come here to escape. The laws, rules, of Elliquiy, (to be referred to as E from here on) are in place to ensure that we all feel safe and protected here. That is why each person who joins E is ask if they have read and agree to abide by the rules. If they answer yes then they can not claim ignorance at some later date. Now banning, it is the most severe punishment here on E. It is used for someone who does not wish to live by the laws, someone who believe himself/herself to be above the laws of this land. What would society outside of E be like without some form of law? Would you want E to become that? I know I wouldn't.

Now you maybe wondering if E is such a great place and you have these rules to protect everyone, then why do some people get banned anyway? Simply put again, some people believe themselves to be above the rules. Some people think they are so smooth that they will not get caught. Just like in any community some people can fool you, maybe even for a long time, but eventually they slip up, it is human nature. When someone like that is found here they are warned to abide by the rules or they will be banned. As I mentioned in my original post yesterday, E is not free from problems. We are still humans, we still make mistakes. Nothing and no one is perfect. E is a place where the right thing is something to strive for, and achieved most times. We have great Mods and mentors who are tireless in keeping E safe. But even with all this effort there are times when someone slips in. When that happens all that can be done is to wait and let them hang themselves so to speak.

Why is my opinion of E not changed even though I know all of this? Because being human is part of the experience. Making mistakes is just another part of that. The effort and time put into making this community peaceful and safe is the best on the web. When I first joined E I had not been on any other forums, I was green as in newbie to the max. I was lucky when coming here because I gained an understand of what it should be like before I explored other sites. After my exploration I come to E with renewed love and affection for the place I call my Internet home. I have a network of friends, and some people that are close enough to me that I refer to them as family. These people can bring a smile to my face and give me the support I need sometimes. The support and welcoming spirit of this place is unbeatable. For all its flaws I still love E and it has always loved me.

So like I said yesterday E isn't perfect, but neither are we. While sometimes justice is not done and sometimes people do get around the rules, overall E is that haven I describe yesterday. I tell myself that in all, intent is the most important thing. The intent of Elliquiy is clearly stated in her mission statement, https://elliquiy.com/ , if you haven't read it in a long time I suggest that you do. It fills me with pride. Being part of this community fills me with pride and honor knowing that I am part of something great.

If you are new or just thinking about joining the community; ask questions, enjoy the process developed in the application process. Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. My motto: LIVE LOVE and LAUGH. Enjoy what is here and trust that even when a problem arises, life and Karma always have a way to work things out. Sometime we may not know what that way is but do we really need all the details in order to enjoy what we have? I don't.

Thanks again to all those who read and give feed back. I know sometimes there are those who don't feel comfortable giving feed back in the open forums but my PM is always open to any questions, thoughts or comments. I am Elliquiy's 'Queen of Hugs", and I can be a good listener.

Thanks and of course, HUGS for all.

Josietta

*Hugs Xandi tight*  I adore your vision of humanity and the world we live in. I too long for a day where people can be who they are without judgement. I'm just afraid that without some kind of judgement, some kind of obstacle in our way, people will grow lazy with themselves and will not longer strive to improve their lives or the lives around them. So while having a world of acceptance is wonderful, having a world of difference is just as equally important. 

I enjoy reading your blogs and more than that, love each moment I get to spend with you in your light and exuberance for life. *hugs more* <3

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Autumn52

Thank you so much Mr. B and Josietta. To be honest even in a perfect society there will always be obstacles to life. We ourselves are an obstacle in some ways. My vision of our future comes from the faith that one day mankind will wake up and stop jugding each other and begin working from within. I am happy to know that the differences among us doesn't divide us but they make us stronger. You are so right Josi, differences are just as important as acceptance. None of us are alike and yet we are here in this place, happily part of a community that accepts our differences. I call that a WIN. Now were I to be playing the steal the win game I would exit hastily with the win, *haha*, but I am willing and happy to share this WIN with everyone. *smiles*

Hugs and Kisses to everyone.

*Extra Hugs to Josi and Mr. B just cause I can.*

MasterMischief

Remember that media's purpose is to sell something.  Sensationalism sells.  People being decent to one another...not so much.  That does not mean it is not happening.