Mass Effect: Legacy || GM Led Sandbox ME Universe RP || Reboot

Started by la dame en noir, September 16, 2016, 12:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

No worries Dame, we're just glad you're still kicking.  ;D
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

la dame en noir

I made this game over a year ago and those that were interested hadn't finished the entire series. SO, to avoid spoilers, I took out key elements to the game. I think, that now we're getting ready for Andromeda, that putting them back into this game shouldn't be a problem.

How does everyone feel about me putting either the genophage back or the cure for the genophage in? Also, reapers. Since the threat in this roleplaying game is the Thorian. I can either acknowledge that these sentient beings exist or there isn't much knowledge about them - however, there isn't a threat, since that would require much finer detail.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Ace Flyer

I'd say that having the genophage be a thing again would make sense. Removing it from having happened changes a rather significant bit of the timeline, after all...It'd be hard to say what would have happened without it having been used. And searching for a cure for it could be an interesting plot point down the lines.

The Reapers...I think it'd be more fun leave them out, in my opinion. Otherwise, there could be stuff like "Oh, I wanna be the new Shepard!"

Just my thoughts on it all ^^;

TheLaughingOne

could modify it some.. rather then uber aggressive wipe out everything reapers they are more looking to "assimilate" not quite borg..

Cut back on Cronenbergian body horror, them pusshing a more "perfection of the physical form" You can see giant reaper ships floating through space, and rather then flat out war, are going more subtle of a threat..

hehe, gives a good dichotomy of opposing forces.. The Thorian representing Flesh incarnate, while Reapers the Biomechanical perfection...
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Ace Flyer

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on September 17, 2016, 09:20:20 AM
could modify it some.. rather then uber aggressive wipe out everything reapers they are more looking to "assimilate" not quite borg..

Cut back on Cronenbergian body horror, them pusshing a more "perfection of the physical form" You can see giant reaper ships floating through space, and rather then flat out war, are going more subtle of a threat..

hehe, gives a good dichotomy of opposing forces.. The Thorian representing Flesh incarnate, while Reapers the Biomechanical perfection...

Perhaps...I suppose I'm, personally, just a but iffy on going too different with lore. The Thorian as a threat makes sense, if Shepard never existed. It would have gotten to live and grow in power and learn from those it pulled under it's sway. But turning Reapers into...well, something more akin to the Borg, than Reapers...eh, I'd say why use the Reapers at all then, and not create some new force?

Vergil1989

I have to agree with Ace on this one.  Reapers are Reapers, there's no changing a broken machine race hellbent on wiping out advanced intelligent life in the galaxy.  As such, I vote we don't include them at all, especially since we already have one enemy and that's the Thorian.  As for the genophage, I'm all for keeping it around, especially if we try to fix it later.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vergil1989

I just realized something big.  IF we remove the Reapers from having ever existed, which I think is a good idea as I've said before, then the rachni will have never attacked anyone because it was the Reapers during their last invasion that drove the rachni race to attack the galaxy in the first place, which resulted in the salarians uplifting the krogan, which in turn led to the Krogan Rebellions once they had decimated the rachni back into near extinction until Shepard came around and released the Rachni Queen during ME 1.  Granted, the Krogans could have still violently expanded once they discovered space flight, thus resulting in the genophage being used on them regardless, but the rachni COULD still be present and even friendly with the native people of the galaxy since they aren't hostile by nature.  They'd still be able to defend themselves by all means, and their ability to improve upon any ship and technology they come across as can be noted if you helped the Queen back in ME 1, and you run into her messenger during ME 2, an asari that says they fixed up her ship and healed her after pirates almost killed her, would be pretty useful if we ran into trouble along the way, which is very likely given what we're going after lol.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.  If you really wanted to get creative though La Dame, you could potentially even allow someone to be a more 'humanoid' Rachni.  Chances are someone's done artwork for the bugs standing upright if nothing else.  Just a thought, take it or leave it.  ;D  But the fact remains, the rachni are likely very much alive if the Reapers haven't screwed them over.

Ontan

Oh, you know I’m down for a reboot. I’ll be dusting off my character from the previous game!

Quote from: la dame en noir on September 17, 2016, 08:23:56 AM
How does everyone feel about me putting either the genophage back or the cure for the genophage in? Also, reapers. Since the threat in this roleplaying game is the Thorian. I can either acknowledge that these sentient beings exist or there isn't much knowledge about them - however, there isn't a threat, since that would require much finer detail.

Genophage: I’d vote for having the genophage in. As already pointed out, it leaves the search for a cure – and all the morality issues surrounding it – open to the players.

Reapers: How about a compromise: the Reapers exist, but after the events of Mass Effect 1 (i.e. defeating Sovereign’s scheme to open a relay to dark space), the Reapers are effectively left stranded in deep space?

It’d mean that most of the lore still makes sense, especially regarding Rachni and Geth aggression, but for all intents and purposes the Reapers are no longer a matter of galactic concern. The Battle for the Citadel still took place, of course, but the prevailing opinion is that Sovereign was ‘only’ a Geth dreadnaught (which I think is what happens in ME2 anyway). Just a thought.

Vergil1989

There's still the Alpha Relay from the Arrival DLC and the Collector base behind the Omega-4 Relay we'd need to worry about, but stranding the Reapers permanently isn't a bad idea honestly.  We could easily dispose of the Alpha Relay though if we need to, or have the plan actually work as it was intended originally without the science team sent out there going nuts lol.  That would still leave the batarians pretty upset however, especially if they suspect the Alliance of having blown up the relay as we technically do during said DLC, which regrettably includes a batarian colony world of three hundred thousand innocent people.

Also, hey there Ontan, nice to meet you.

la dame en noir

Quote from: Ontan on September 18, 2016, 06:02:15 AM
Oh, you know I’m down for a reboot. I’ll be dusting off my character from the previous game!

Genophage: I’d vote for having the genophage in. As already pointed out, it leaves the search for a cure – and all the morality issues surrounding it – open to the players.

Reapers: How about a compromise: the Reapers exist, but after the events of Mass Effect 1 (i.e. defeating Sovereign’s scheme to open a relay to dark space), the Reapers are effectively left stranded in deep space?

It’d mean that most of the lore still makes sense, especially regarding Rachni and Geth aggression, but for all intents and purposes the Reapers are no longer a matter of galactic concern. The Battle for the Citadel still took place, of course, but the prevailing opinion is that Sovereign was ‘only’ a Geth dreadnaught (which I think is what happens in ME2 anyway). Just a thought.

ONTAN MY LOVE! <3

I will get to profiles and questions later today. I have burlesque practice/rehearsal and then sushi later. But I am here and I will attend to all of my peoples!

<3
A&A | FxF |

That One Dingus

Quote from: Ontan on September 18, 2016, 06:02:15 AM

I definitely agree with the Genophage bit, but there is one slight problem with having this take place after ME 1: if Shepard never existed, who defeats Sovereign? All of the Normandy's crew minus Shepard?

I propose that we keep the Reapers as they were before the events of Mass Effect 1: the cybernetic boogeymen that wait outside the galaxy, known in legend but still in hiding as they bide their time for the harvest to get just a little riper.

...Oh, right, I should introduce myself. I'm That One Dingus and I'm new to the site. I was afraid to commit to a game because I won't be able to post every single day, but this bunch seems pretty relaxed about that. I've submitted a character concept to la dame en noir and will post it here in the thread once she has approved it.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Vergil1989

Good luck on your practice today La Dame and we'll see you when you get back.

Also, Burlesque, awesome!

http://youtu.be/Um3C9Gmpm4Y

Also, welcome to the site Dingus, it's our hope you have a good time among us crazies lol.

But again, having the Reapers trapped forever in dark space seems far better in my opinion.  At least then we don't have to change everything to fit, and while they're still around, they aren't a threat anymore because again, we already have the Thorian and its own minions to worry about.  Besides, the Reapers have been done already, let something else have its turn.

Ontan

Quote from: That One Dingus on September 18, 2016, 12:17:07 PM
...Oh, right, I should introduce myself. I'm That One Dingus and I'm new to the site. I was afraid to commit to a game because I won't be able to post every single day, but this bunch seems pretty relaxed about that.

Welcome to E! For what it’s worth, my posting rate is abysmal – once or twice a week, if I’m lucky – but all the GMs I’ve encountered have been really accommodating. It's a pretty friendly crowd we have here; I don’t think you’ll have any problems ;)

Quote from: Vergil1989 on September 18, 2016, 10:49:01 AM
Also, hey there Ontan, nice to meet you.

Hey there! Your CS looks great - hopefully mine's as good. 

Quote from: That One Dingus on September 18, 2016, 12:17:07 PM
I definitely agree with the Genophage bit, but there is one slight problem with having this take place after ME 1: if Shepard never existed, who defeats Sovereign? All of the Normandy's crew minus Shepard?

I’ve been thinking about that, actually. Even if Shepherd never existed, Tali would still find the incriminating evidence linking Nilhus to the Geth attack, and Garrus was already following all the same leads that Shepherd would’ve been. In short, there’s an excellent chance that the Citadel Council would’ve found out about Nilhus’s plot anyway, and just sent a different Spectre in Shepherd’s place. I'll admit it's not a perfect solution... but any major chance to the ME canon is going to have some issues.

Jayna

Just wanted to drop a line. I am still here! Busy weekend! I will have some free time tomorrow!

Ontan

Consider this to be a draft character sheet: I haven't sent it off to Dame for approval yet, but I wanted to get this posted up so that everybody has a rough idea what my character will be like. There are a few details that I might tinker with, depending on the other characters that pop up in the roster. In particular, his affiliation might change to make him more compatible with the other players, and I might ditch his ship altogether is everyone ends up having a vessel of their own.

Let me know what you all think! He's open to connections (friendly or aggressive) if anybody wants it  ;D

Thaddeus Hackett, Soldier

Player name: Ontan
Name: Thaddeus ‘No Relation’ Hackett
Nickname: (Nil.)
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Human
Homeworld: Arcturus Station (expatriated to Omega)

Appearance: Standing at 82kg and 186cm (181 lbs / 6’1"), Thaddeus certainly isn’t weak, but it’s his speed and intellect that make him dangerous. His auburn hair, articulate manner, and easy confidence lend him an air of refinement, and this suave veneer goes a long way towards counteracting the effects of his calloused hands and wolfish smile when he introduces himself. Despite growing up on a space station, he managed to retain his parents’ accent: something that’s strikingly similar to South African or New Zealand, but not quite either. His blue eyes gleam with cleverness and cruelty in equal measure, eliciting nervousness from shopkeepers and curiosity from fools. 

Beneath his high-end equipment and immaculate clothes, Thaddeus’s pale complexion bears a dozen or so scars across his arms and body. They’re all relatively mundane, mostly cuts and gashes from his rough early years in Omega, but nothing major.

Job Title/Occupation: Soldier
Class Specialization:  Arms Master
Affiliation: Omega Syndicates

Weapons:
-M-77 Paladin (Heavy Pistol): Developed for use by undercover agents, these high-powered pistols are easily concealable and murderously accurate, but are crippled by a tiny 3-shot clip. This particular pistol is less than a year old; its original owner would turn in his shallow grave if he knew Thaddeus had souvenired his gun.
-M-76 Revenant (Assault Rifle): Despite being heavy, conspicuous, and difficult to maintain, these custom-made machine guns are the ultimate status symbol for warlords and ambitious mercenaries. With a mammoth clip capacity and blistering rate of fire, the Revenant excels at laying down suppressive fire, and its sheer destructive force is often enough to shatter cover and scatter enemies.
-M-4 Shuriken: Tellingly, this machine pistol’s greatest asset is its price tag: a paltry 50 credits, second hand. Cheap, easy to use, and exceptionally lightweight, the Shuriken is popular with rookies, but it’s usually snubbed by professionals. Thaddeus proves to be the exception, though, and has taken a shining to the mass-produced machine pistols on account of their expendability; he’s currently on his seventh Shuriken. 

Powers:
-Chemical Rounds: Popular with pirates, criminals, and mercenaries, these rounds are coated with highly toxic (and often radioactive) compounds that are designed to poison their target and inhibit the effects of first aid, such as medi-gel. The effects are extremely variable, but fever and myasthenia (muscle weakness) usually take hold within minutes.
-Proximity Mines: In addition to the usual timed or remote detonation, these vicious explosives can be set to explode when intruders come within range. Equipped with optical camouflage and emission dampening, they’re notoriously hard to spot in the heat of combat.
-Fortification: A mechanism that temporarily reinforces combat armour with non-Newtonian fluids and protective Foucault currents. Though intended as a defensive measure, the current can be ‘purged’ through the gauntlets to deliver a powerful one-off melee attack.

Personality: Were it not for the small matter of his outstanding court martial, Thaddeus could be the very caricature of an Alliance officer: steady, efficient, and possessing a casual attitude towards violence. However, beneath his calm smile and measured exterior, there lies a smouldering bitterness that’s every bit as raw as the day he was forced into exile. Thaddeus still blames the Alliance military for his fall from grace, and believes that charges against him were little more than a ‘witch hunt’ designed to shift blame onto a scapegoat. The passage of time has only cemented this resentment further. His mistrust of government authority has now spread to include other bureaucracies, not least of all the Citadel Council, but it hasn’t made him blindly anarchistic. Instead, he admires the galaxy’s independent organisations: the corporate conglomerates of Illium, the privately owned Noveria Development Corporation, the lawless operators of the Terminus system, and so forth. 

Thaddeus’s moral compass is steered mainly by a professional code, rather than more gallant notions of justice or loyalty. Life in Omega has taught him to be resourceful and adaptable, and he tends to be results-driven, with the ends always justifying the means. His love / hate relationship with Omega is complex to say the least, but on the whole Thaddeus seems resigned to staying there a while longer. He now finds himself at a crossroads, torn between wanting to move on and start a new life, and a powerful yearning for revenge – to hurt the Alliance the same way they hurt him.

Background:
“Too thuggish for engineering corps, too insidious for marines” – so reads an early annotation on Thaddeus’s military records. However unkind the words might’ve been, the author did hit upon a certain truth.

Right from the onset, Thaddeus’s time in the Alliance military was chequered to say the least. He struggled in a number of core subjects, though still managed to graduate from the academy due to his outstanding marks in firearm proficiencies, displacement tactics, and in particular, field modification of weapons. Notwithstanding a number of earlier concerns about his performance, his superiors decided to let it slide and allowed Thaddeus to join the Alliance as a garrison officer. The decision was not without merit: after all, Thaddeus excelled in certain aspects of his work, and his more malignant shortcomings were yet to manifest.

Charged with maintaining a remote Alliance listening post, Thaddeus served the Alliance for five years, though the decision to station him there would prove to be a fateful one: isolated and underfunded as it was, the listening post was rife with corruption and lax oversight, and it wasn’t long before he too was tempted into morally ambiguous territory. He refrained from the usual path of bribery and corruption, but he did abuse his position to fuel a growing obsession for weapon modification, frequently turning to black-market procurement and illegal weapon modification. Remarkably, Thaddeus was always able to cover his tracks, and his unlawful activities would have likely remained undetected were it not for an unfortunate Batarian raid on the outpost. Thaddeus survived the raid, but his career didn’t survive the ensuing Alliance investigation.

When they reviewed footage of the attack, Alliance officials discovered that Thaddeus had deliberately sacrificed a number of his peers during the defence of the outpost. At its least culpable, this comprised of sealing the permitter too early, leaving stragglers to die; at its worst, Thaddeus intentionally fired explosives into a group of friendlies in order to eliminate hostiles who’d closed to melee range. Placed under the microscope of the Alliance disciplinary board, Thaddeus’s other secrets – black market weapons, illegally modified equipment, and so forth – soon came to light. By the time the fiasco became public knowledge, the Alliance already knew where they’d be pointing the finger. A court martial was a forgone conclusion; Thaddeus only escaped incarceration by fleeing to the Terminus system, though his reputation was forever blighted.

Like many runaways to arrive in Omega, Thaddeus had a difficult start, and his desperation soon caused him to fall in with the ‘wrong’ crowd. His first few years were spent hellishly flitting between criminal gangs, trying and usually failing to stay afloat in the tumultuous, violent society of Omega’s slums. His lucky break finally came when he managed to beg a job in the Blue Suns mercenary group, serving as a lowly security guard in one of the slum districts. Almost immediately, Thaddeus’s fortunes started to improve, as the security posting proved to be fertile ground for someone with his background. He rapidly worked his way up through the ranks, putting his Alliance training to new use as he proved himself first as a marksman, then a squad leader, and finally as an armourer. Before long, he was given command of the district’s operations, and was using his experience as an Alliance officer to instil a proper training regime onto the dregs of the mercenary group. His performance record during this time was, by Omega standards, exemplary: Thaddeus’s mixture of professionalism and cold-bloodedness proved to be a far better fit for Terminus mercenaries than the more ethically-constrained Alliance.

Thaddeus has since fulfilled his contract to Blue Suns, and parted on good terms with a generous payout for his services. Rather than allying with one of the major factions, he’s chosen to align himself with Omega’s commercial operators, offering his services to prominent smugglers, businessmen, and other pseudo-legal traders who keep credits flowing in and out of the sector. For all intents and purposes, security firms like his are the closest thing Omega has (or wants) to a police force, ensuring the flow of commerce isn’t disrupted by upstart gangs or, worse yet, interference from foreign powers.

The renegade officer now manages his own boutique security firm. While it’s not overtly advertised, he’s rapidly making a name for himself as a counter-intelligence specialist, and Thaddeus is responsible for thwarting a number of Council-sanctioned investigations and assassinations in the Terminus region. His most recent victory was the detection and ambush of an Alliance Corsair crew trying to infiltrate Omega: armed with his custom-made explosives and toxic ammunition, Thaddeus and his unit of slum irregulars managed to inflict horrendous casualties on the invaders, ultimately routing them from Omega. As far as Thaddeus is concerned, though, this is only the first step on a long road towards revenge.

Ons & Offs: Please see this link for player Ons and Offs.

Connections: ((Pending))

Notes: Thaddeus's vessel is an armed freighter, the Scarab.

Given the constant threat of ambush and treachery, ships that operate in the Terminus system need to be fast enough to get out of trouble, or tough enough to deal with it. Even at a glance, it’s clear the Scarab is one of the latter: built from an armoured transport, every aspect of the ship’s construction is designed to deter attack, from its heavy shields and thick armour plating, to EMP-hardened components and numerous failsafe systems. The Scarab’s weapon systems are moderate by comparison, but this is something of a moot point: given the ship’s superlative defences, any attacker faces the unpleasant prospect of a prolonged slugging match, guaranteeing a hefty amount of return fire. The ship also boasts a remarkably small emission signature, and while it’s a far cry from actual stealth technology, it nevertheless makes it a frustrating target to track. It can house a dozen crewmen in relative comfort, but in recent times the only occupants are a few service droids and Thaddeus himself, who spends much of his time in the on-board machine shop.

That One Dingus

Our host has not approved my concept yet, but in the spirit of "I'll show you mine..."
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Player name: That One Dingus
Name: Designation KR-0G4N
Nickname: Raur
Sexuality: Straight (supposedly. The whole "being born from a tank" thing has left him with a very underdeveloped sense of sexuality.)
Race: Krogan
Homeworld: Korlus

Appearance: At seven and a half feet tall and weighing in at 660 pounds, Raur may not be the biggest Krogan that anyone has ever seen, but he's pretty damn close. He prefers to stay in armor so that others so that others don't stare at his pronounced fangs or the spikes that run along the back of his head plate. His skin and plates carry a bluish hue, a combination of the young color patterning of a young Krogan and a rare skin coloration seen only in small portions of the Krogan population. The hump on his back is smaller than normal, signifying either a stressful lifestyle, lack of nutrition, or any combination of the two. He uses his special hammer as a walking staff, marching along with it wherever he goes.

Class Specialization: Krogan Berserker
Affiliation: Blue Suns

Weapons: One M-6 Carnifex Heavy Pistol, "Mjolnir" (see Notes)
Powers: Blood Rage
Personality: Having been created for the sole purpose of killing Okeer's enemies, Raur is very familiar with the concept of killing. When he gets angry, it is very easy for Raur to lose track of what he is doing or where his priorities should be as he struggles to overcome the heightened levels of blood rage that Okeer's experiments typically suffer from. Despite his great strength and ability to take the worst of beatings, Raur feels a great lack of self-worth. The disappointment that Okeer showed in him has shaken Raur to his core and he frequently tries to avoid thinking about his meaningless existence by throwing himself into the thick of fighting. It is only there that he can hope to escape this self-loathing.

In recent times, however, Raur has tried to focus his thoughts into something more than just curses against his enemies. In an effort to clear his mind of immediate restrained aggression, Raur has taken to articulating his thoughts in poetry. The measured nature of his words, just like the careful steps and movements taken in training, allow him to concentrate on the topic at hand. There have been a few precious moments where Raur was able to see pictures of the pyramidal structures that Krogan erected back in ancient times. Such structures fascinate him and he cannot help but wonder why their glory is not replicated today. One day, when Raur has made his peace with himself, he might be tempted to learn masonry and try to rebuild the glory of the old days through stone slabs rather than tombstones.

Like most Krogan, Raur has no patience for those who will not fight or stand up for themselves. However, he has developed a distaste for slavery and blackmail, since that involves individuals who are too weak to accomplish things on their own forcing the strong to do the real work. As a result, Raur sometimes becomes an unlikely champion of the downtrodden. There is no fear of pain or death with Raur; only of failure. Threats against him only serve to make him progressively more angry... and less prone to further discussion.

Background: With the introduction of the Genophage among the Krogan population, Warlord Okeer became disgusted with the sudden doting attitude that Krogan parents adopted for their children. A firm believer in a more classical version of Darwinian evolution, Okeer saw resources being wasted on offspring that would have been left to starve in the old days. As far as he was concerned, only the strongest of his species' children should be allowed to survive. To combat this "perpetuation of weakness" among his people, Okeer did the unthinkable: he began construction of a clone army of so-called "pure" Krogan.

Raur himself was a side project in this overarching scheme. Okeer tried to tap into the older, more primitive strands of Krogan DNA to awaken older phenotypic features.  Raur's teeth were long and sharp, a contrast to the flatter chewing molars of modern Krogan. Furthermore, spikes emerged from the back of his head plate, his elbows, his knees, and along his back below the shoulder hump. Okeer hoped that this would create a stronger, more instinctive soldier that would have a less developed sense of ego than the self-serving Krogan mercenaries he had served with in the past.

While physically Raur was everything Okeer could have hoped for, his mental state was another matter. Okeer needed Krogan that could command others and operate independently, but this one seemed to need near-constant direction from him. Hopes dashed, Okeer was forced to consider the project a failure. While Raur was left to wonder what, exactly, he had done to fail his father so, Okeer got into contact with his contact in the Blue Suns: Jedore. "I've got another reject for you. He'll put up a decent fight for your trainees."

And that he did. Raur proved to be an intimidating adversary for newblood Blue Suns, forgoing firearms in favor of charging straight into enemies and beating them into a bloody pulp. Of course, Raur did not stupidly charge down a straight avenue like some of Okeer's other experiments, but instead used his surroundings to ambush his opponents. The only reason that Raur survived Jedore's gauntlet of contempt, however, is due to the creative vision of a female Turian Centurion named Gayana Vercintex. She had been bouncing around the idea for a special breaching and anti-mech weapon for a while, but couldn't find a potential tester for the weapon.

Taking a gamble, she decided to meet Raur unarmed. Puzzled by her unwillingness to fight, Gayana offered him a deal: come work for the Blue Suns and she would gift him with a mighty weapon. When the Krogan did not respond at first, Gayana dropped the weapon on the ground and left, telling him to "think about it" over her shoulder. Over the next few days, Raur began experimenting with the weapon. By the end of his first week, Raur had not only learned how to swing the weapon effectively, but also how to change the charge of the Mass Effect field within the weapon mid-swing. Satisfied with her external observations, Gayana approached him again and made the same offer. For the short duration of his life, Raur had received nothing else but weapons fire and harsh language from others. In the face of this new gift, Raur accepted her offer.

Of course, it would not do for a potential new asset to simply be killed off by Jedore's draconian training measures. Instead, Gayana arranged transport for Raur from Korlus to the infamous space station Omega. Raur would be put to the test as a member of the peacekeeping racketeer operations that the Blue Suns ran to keep order. While Raur proved absolutely terrifying to anyone who dared to cross the Blue Suns, his hair-trigger temper and antisocial behavior ensured that he did not earn many comrades among the Legionnaire ranks. Further, he began to have gnawing doubts about the honor of extracting money from those unfortunate souls who found themselves stuck on Omega.

His life is at a fork in the road right now. One push, one way or the other, could send him down a very different path...

Ons: (As a Krogan, Raur has different qualities to attractiveness than I do.) Raur is attracted to scales and graceful forms, so his ranking of potential partners goes as follows: Krogan or Drell, than Salarian, then Turian, then anyone else. Since Okeer didn't care about his creations learning anything other than killing, he has not yet had the social pressures to form particular kinks.
Offs: Just look at the O/O's in my Signature to see what makes me (un)happy as a player. I do the same for you, after all!

Connections: Warlord Okeer (father), Gayana Vercintex (their relationship is not clear and very open to being filled in)
Notes: Raur's primary weapon is a specially designed experimental melee weapon. As evidenced in the image below, Krogan have been known to use giant hammers in close combat.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Instead of being just a heavy weight on a stick, this weapon houses a stockpile of eezo within the weapon's head. Electric currents running through the weapon's head allow the mass to fluctuate. The wielder can run a negative current to make the head weigh less and swing it around easier, but can flip the current to positive just before impact and substantially increase the mass of the weapon's head. In short, it is a weapon that smashes through armor and shields like they weren't even there. Of course, using such a weapon requires getting very close to your enemies in a time where Mass Accelerator guns rule warfare. Pile on the need for extensive training and developing a new fighting technique for the weapon and you have something that only a Krogan berserker would be crazy enough to use effectively...

The weapon is named after the hammer wielded by the ancient human god of thunder, which was said to create thunderclaps when it struck. When another Blue Sun likened Raur's weapon as akin to it, after a discussion of the origin of the different names used for mechs, Raur decided that he liked the strange name and christened the weapon in the old god's honor.

I've left some holes in his backstory in case anyone is interested in crossing paths. Perhaps Thaddeus came across the tank-bred during his time with the Blue Suns?
Ons & Offs

la dame en noir

That's only because I wanted you to post it here first before I had people send it to me for a formal approval! :3

I'm going to get up my spectre/commander soon. My life has made a complete 360 with my burlesque practice and new job.

I've been in and out of this thread checking up, but I don't want to spam bump this. SO, I'm going to make an OOC sometime tomorrow when I awake!

As for the plot - Genophage is in and Reapers are in deep space. We can say someone like shepard handled it, Shepard as a character is played a million different ways. I like my Shepard - Female - Paragade - A thing for Thane & Aria T'Loak - so, I wanna keep that canon in my head lol.

But I don't want to drift too far from my original concept/premise.

Ohkay - We have quite a female characters, so I'm desperately looking for more males.

I want this game to be a free for all, but I think establishing a crew/ship is something we can and should do. What is everyones thoughts?

Shall I make a poll?
A&A | FxF |

Vergil1989

Damn, I love these two new characters myself.  I'm aright with trying to come up with connections for both of them, although ironically despite his short temper, I get the impression my girl would get along better with Raur than our Hackett knockoff lol.  I love Thaddeus as I said, but to Alura he's almost as bad as a lot of the people she went after as a Huntress so I imagine they'll bump heads if they haven't already.

To answer your question Dame, I'm alright with them having common ground in a ship and crew.  It'd allow us a chance to meet in one place yet allow us the freedom to go where we want.  Kind of like Serenity from Firefly now that I think about it.  Holy crap, that'd actually be awesome if we got a similar group dynamic lol.

That One Dingus

I say go ahead and make the poll, la dame en noir. Let's get the details hammered in.
Ons & Offs

Cold Heritage

I misunderstood and thought the procedure was to send the sheet by PM to la dame en noire first. Here is my character proposal.

Michael Harms, Human Soldier
Player name: Cold Heritage
Name: Michael Harms
Nickname: Ultranumb
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Human
Homeworld: Earth

Appearance: Michael wears a T5-V Battlesuit into combat. He is 6'9" tall.

Class Specialization:  Shock Trooper
Affiliation: Systems Alliance

Weapons: Executioner Pistol, M-76 Revenant
Powers: Fortification, Carnage, Armor-Piercing Ammo, Devastator Mode, Multi-Frag Grenade
Personality: Michael is somewhat naive. He is not very worldly and his sheltered, upper-class lifestyle shows in his mannerisms and assumptions. The young man likes to believe the best of others, even though he is frequently proven wrong and disappointed. Some have accused Michael of thinking that universe is better than it is, and that he will get himself killed by assuming that others have better angels to their nature. For his part Michael continues to assume the best despite being shown the worst.

Michael is somewhat passive. He has goals and things he wants to achieve, but he is more inclined to trust the system and has the notion that things will come to him if he follows regulations and acts properly. He knows, intellectually, that people cheat and game the system, but there is disconnect in his mind between that factual knowledge and the reality of those in power 'playing the game.'

The young man is also very shy with non-humans. He only met his first non-human a year ago. He is prone to staring at non-humans, particularly Asari. Unlike others who stare at Asari, however, Michael is ashamed about it.

Background: Michael is the illegitimate son of a very prominent Earth politician. Michael's mother is his father's favourite mistress, and as such she is kept in lavish lifestyle. There were no material wants in Michael's childhood and he was immensely happy as a young boy. He attended private boarding schools and enjoyed trips in summer and winter to resorts around the globe where he was able to enjoy sports appropriate to the season. Sometimes his mother and father were together on those trips. Other times Michael went with Macey, a member of his father's political staff, who acted as a minder and guardian. While Michael was never anything more than an average student, he was an excellent athlete and if he wished it probably could have become a professional and competed at the Olympic level.

Discouraged from politics at a young age - lest his father be discredited by the appearance of an illegitimate son - Michael instead turned his civic virtue towards military service. He joined the Systems Alliance and distinguished himself in physical tests. While the prospect of being a fighter pilot had a certain romantic allure, Michael did not possess the aptitude - though he impressed examiners with his heart and dedication to trying. But all the effort in the world would not turn cotton into silk, and Michael found a grudging home amongst the Systems Alliance Marines. Initially a very poor marksman and possessing an aversion for firing on humanoid target dummies, Michael was initially well liked. But Michael gamely endured hazing rituals intended to toughen him up without snitching or showing weakness, and earned the respect of his peers for never giving up. During a training exercise with full kit Michael broke several ribs but completed the course. It was the worst time ever recorded for that particular course, but Michael insisted on finishing it on his own and under his own power. Even Michael's worst detractors admitted that the kid had guts, and while they may not like him, they no longer had a problem with him.

After completing his training, Michael was attached to a unit that guarded a human colony near the Terminus system. It was not regarded as a choice post: mercenaries, pirates, and slavers frequented that part of space and Michael found himself engaged in combat quite frequently. Michael quickly learned to dread Batarians and the Blood Pack, but there was never a good call to arms. It just hurt the worst to respond to those two. The unit Michael responded to did not always arrive in time to stop the Batarians from making captures, or to stop the Blood Pack from inflicting casualties.

Whatever qualms Michael had about firing on humanoid targets were quickly wiped away. Seeing vorcha and varren let loose on civilians was especially trying for the young soldier, who does not remember a three-day long engagement with an especially large Blood Pack contingent that was responsible for the deaths of over a thousand women and children. Testimony from fellow soldiers indicate that Michael engaged in appalling and gruesome behaviour towards enemy combatants - the liberal use of incendiary weaponry and explosives to inflict cruel and unusual injuries was a recurring theme. Michael might have been discharged but his father's influence and a psych evaluation showing Michael was to all indications mentally fit for duty kept him in the ranks albeit with some cautionary notes on his permanent record. Michael acquired his current weapons loadout in that engagement. Exchanges of favours behind closed doors between his father and Alliance personnel engaged in procurement secured Michael special dispensation to use them.

After that, Michael found himself as a candidate to test out the new T5-V Battlesuit. It was a happy time for Michael, and he enjoyed that work very much. After the successful trials for the suit and Michael's promising use of the technology, his military vocation was changed to a specialist operating the T5-V Battlesuit: namely, a Destroyer. After receiving this new designation, Michael is set for a new assignment.

Ons: Large breasts, androgynous males, player ons
Offs: Game prohibitions, receiving butt-stuff

Connections: (if any)
Notes: Michael has several cybernetic upgrades: Skeletal Lattice, Microfiber Weave, and Lattice Shunting.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Ontan

Quote from: That One Dingus on September 20, 2016, 12:44:04 AM
I've left some holes in his backstory in case anyone is interested in crossing paths. Perhaps Thaddeus came across the tank-bred during his time with the Blue Suns?

Works for me! Let me know if you had anything specific in mind, otherwise I’m happy to say they worked together on a few (vaguely defined) jobs when they were both in Blue Suns.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on September 20, 2016, 10:47:33 AM
I love Thaddeus as I said, but to Alura he's almost as bad as a lot of the people she went after as a Huntress so I imagine they'll bump heads if they haven't already.

Oh, that’s fine – he’s supposed to be a bit of a bad guy. I actually toyed with the idea of him being an outright villain, siding with the Thorian and actively opposing the heroes, but in the end I ditched that idea and settled for the slightly more moderated role of antihero instead. At any rate, I imagine Thaddeus and Alura will be having a few disagreements if and when they meet ;)

Quote from: Cold Heritage on September 20, 2016, 07:58:31 PM
Here is my character proposal.
Looking good!

Quote from: la dame en noir on September 20, 2016, 01:37:18 AM
I want this game to be a free for all, but I think establishing a crew/ship is something we can and should do. What is everyones thoughts?

Shall I make a poll?

I’m with Vergil: I think it’d be good for the characters to have a bit of common ground, provided they still have some latitude to do their own thing now and then. Besides, it’s not like everyone has to get along… the whole Tali / Legion and Jack / Miranda thing proves the point.  My vote is for a communal ship (or two ships, if there are enough players).

Vergil1989

Lol well disagreements can sometimes lead to hot, sweaty, angry but very enjoyable sex, so if that were to happen I'd be all for it.  :P  Jokes aside, I'm looking forward to meeting Thaddeus if again Alura hasn't bumped into him before.  She likely took on a couple of merc groups during her time with the Huntresses before retiring and she went freelance herself, taking on jobs for people she trusts rather than whoever could pay the most credits.  Blue Suns are one of those groups that are borderline 'okay', but they'd still have gotten on the wrong side of the law more times than not.  If any of that appeals to you feel free to send me a message Ontan and I'll happily work out a few details between our people.

Also, kinda glad you didn't side with that giant creepy ass plant lol.

writersmelody

Glad to see there is more interest!

And I am good for whatever. :) An interesting cast of characters we've got here so far! Dame, let me know if you need me to clarify or change anything with Fee.
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

la dame en noir

I'm also glad to see more interest. I guess I'll put up the OOC. You guys are approved, I'll have you send it to me in a few days.

I'm still looking for a good face claim for my commander/spectre.
A&A | FxF |