News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Awaiting acceptence, may as well pass the time.

Started by Miss Kathinja, December 11, 2012, 04:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Kathinja

Hello there, folks.

As said, I'm awaiting acceptance (or a swift kick in the rear out the door.) And I was wondering if anyone was up for spending the time with me in a simple role-play.

Unfortunately it's late at the moment and I don't have any scenarios in mind, so feel free to pitch an idea if you have interest in playing with me to pass the time or whatever.

Josietta

*waves to Miss Kath*

Hey there! I thought maybe I could pop in and offer up some ideas on stories you might try or have an interest in. I'm not exactly positive on what you like so feel free to elaborate on what is acceptable for plothooks and what is as far from your interests as can be. :)

• You could go with an old west styled zombie/survival type game. Where the players play survivors in the old west and they have to overcome obstacles of food/water/transport as well as the typical walking dead attacks.

• How about something more science fiction based?  A flight sent off from Earth for a first tour ever of the planets and it ends up crashing onto an unknown moon/planet that somehow is very much like Earth in atmosphere and plantlife. There could be a great deal of other differences you could come up with, but this group of individuals have to figure out a way to communicate back to earth, repair their ship, find fuel for the ship, or just come to terms with this being their new Earth. There could be different critters of deadly and edible sort there or just plant life that has the qualities of danger as well. Maybe one or two of your fellow passengers have shady pasts and aren't to be trusted. Anything could go on there.

• Then there could be your generic/typical pirate adventure!  You have the crew and captain who have to earn their living on the high seas and are perhaps in search of a mystical, fabled, and likely only an urban legend as it were, of treasure and riches.

I hope those ideas garner some plot bunnies to hopping.. and maybe pull in a few others to play with?  I'd not be adverse to a group game either if you are into that sort of thing. :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Miss Kathinja

I'm liking the Sci-fi survivalist one and pirates are always fun.  I bring my rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle wherever I go.

Josietta

I really like the Sci Fi one too! :)  Maybe we can get more people to join us?  It could be a good group of maybe 4-6 of us? A captain of the ship.. a stewardess like person and then 4 passengers? Or something along those lines?

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

thebagel264

I will join you guys. I'm new to, and wanna pass the time until i'm accepted. Always looking to try somethign new.

WashAutumstar

I'm game, but it has been a while since a gamed and have never rpg online

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

Illuminate

Account restricted at member's request

Miss Kathinja

Well I guess that's five.

Josi, since you're the only accepted person here, would you do the honours of being the captain?

I'm definitely NOT the navigator, given how I got lost for a half hour today.

WashAutumstar

Part of me wants to be the pilot  just because of my name lol

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

thebagel264

I don't know how to do this. I am (almost) completely new. Gonna need some guidance here.

Miss Kathinja

Quote from: thebagel264 on December 11, 2012, 07:31:05 PM
I don't know how to do this. I am (almost) completely new. Gonna need some guidance here.

Quotes denote spoken dialogue. "This is something I've said."

Asterisks denote actions taken.  *She made an example of this.*

Inner-thoughts are one of those grey areas, sometimes they're allowed, othertimes not.  Generally I denote them with paranthesis.  (I think this is a decent manner.)

From there, it's just thinking in charracter.  How does your character react to a given situation or statement?  What do they think? 

thebagel264

I see, but I don't know about my character. I'll guess I'll make him like me, to make it easier to react.

Miss Kathinja

As you wish.  We're all still figuring out our characters for now.

thebagel264

Alright. Just bring me where we need to go when ready. Gonna have to be tommorow. Going to sleep soon. :/

Josietta

I can help take the reigns on this for sure! :)

Sorry was afk for a few there.

I'll post up a thread inna minute with a character sheet on top for everyone to fill out to give us all a basic idea of your character concept and what not. :)

I'm so glad you are all on board with this and ready to get it going! :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Miss Kathinja

Quote from: thebagel264 on December 11, 2012, 07:52:39 PM
Alright. Just bring me where we need to go when ready. Gonna have to be tommorow. Going to sleep soon. :/

Depending on things we may start without you in that event.

---

So then, Wash and Lumin have seconded my nomination of Josi as the captain. *Places a hat on Josi's rear*  Congratulations.

I think I'll be on as the Doctor.

WashAutumstar

Oh taking orders from Josi all day, I would be ok with that ;)

Miss Kathinja

Incidentally, I'll get character ideas once people start posting their own.

Josietta

Okay.. here is the OOC Thread... Feel free to have a look and start on sheets. I'll get mine up shortly to give you all an idea of what a sheet would look like. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

WashAutumstar

Miss Kathinja

Think Star trek, what position would you want to be in?  or would you rather be a civilian?

---

I'm in the middle of CharGen.  I hate coming up with names.

Josietta

Go ahead and chat over in the OOC if you want. I am thinking my character is the Captain but secondary on the Piloting. Wash, your character is lead pilot. :)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

shadowsoflove

If you guys are still accepting I'd love to join.

Josietta

We can always make room  for more! :)

Feel free to pop over to the OOC and look over the sheet and post one up.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

shadowsoflove

Quote from: Josietta on December 19, 2012, 06:32:47 PM
We can always make room  for more! :)

Feel free to pop over to the OOC and look over the sheet and post one up.

i looked at that, the spot I'd take has been taken. Think there can be more then one soldier?