The Morning After (NC-H)

Started by Fyrangel, June 07, 2008, 05:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyrangel

I'm planning a game based on the world as we know it ending.  You went to sleep the night before and when you woke, the entire world was changed, people gone or dead.  No Electricity, at least not in most places, perhaps those with their own generators or certain types of power structures might still work.

The Morning After will be all these things and more.  You don't know what you'll find.  And not all people left are good, some are evil and would have no compunction about using or abusing you, even killing.

I want to see what interest there is in a Post Holocaust game setting before I set it all up.

There is still the mystery involved, what happened... and how to find out what happened.... hmmmmm.. that's to be seen.

Kye

This sounds like a lot of fun! I would be interested in playing!!

Fyrangel

I'll keep you on my list then Kyrsa.

Lilacs

Quote from: Fyrangel on June 07, 2008, 05:40:36 PM
I want to see what interest there is in a Post Holocaust game setting before I set it all up.

I'm intrigued. I'm not sure what type of character I would play. I'm feeling wicked this morning. But I do love being abused.

In any event, mark me interested.

L.

Fyrangel

Deathnote

Also interested.  Haven't quite figured out what kind of character to play for this, though.  >_>

Fyrangel

Cool, starting to look like a nice group of interest. 

RubySlippers

Anyone playing the wacky survivalist? She was expecting something bad to happen for years...(loads her gun)...time to hold up and ready for the hoardes of insane people who were not ready for the shit to hit the fan.

Fyrangel

I like that.. PM me your details.
Anyone who has a character concept you want to run by, send it to me as a PM.

Videospirit

Hmm... I've got a mild interest in this I guess, no concepts yet

Fyrangel

Just consider things, and let me know.

Lilacs

My character concept is a bit out there. So I first ran it by Fyrangel. Now, I share it with others who may have an interest in the game.

Jeanne d'Arc

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Long, black hair
Eye Color: Deep, dark brown.

Jeanne d'Arc—born Jane Darcy—sincerely believes she is the reincarnation of Joan of Arc sent by God to save humanity. Unsurprisingly, when the great change came, the authorities had confined her to a mental institution as a potential danger to herself and others after she attacked several individuals. In that facility, she was treated for her auditory and visual “hallucinations.”

A broken clock is correct twice daily. Well, Jeanne prophesied in detail the time and manner of the apocalyptic change that occurred. In the past, she has made a few other minor predictions. Whether these are messages relayed by God, good guessing, or the calculation of a keen mind doesn't matter. After the world as humanity knew it ended (as Jane predicted), she suddenly had literal followers.

Admittedly, most of those followers are either criminally insane (arguably) or shrewd enough to avoid jail in favor of a potentially shorter stay in a mental institution. In any event, they appear devoted to Jeanne, will act to enforce her mercurial moods, and pay lip service to her nuttery (when in her presence). For the most part, out of her presence, they follow the rule of what Jeanne doesn't know won't hurt her.

Jeanne has a ruthless streak when it comes to enforcing her will. On the other hand, she is quite forgiving of the foibles of her followers as long as they don't directly go against God's particular edicts (as relayed through her). Which is a little unfortunate, as some of her followers have a tendency to do rather horrible things.

RubySlippers

Name: Rebecca Williams
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145#
Hair Color: Chestnut Brown
Eye Color: Almond Brown

Notes on Appearance: Is attractive, fit and likes wearing comfortable clothes mostly jeans and sneakers. Has a tattoo on her lower back some thorns with a Confederate Flag.

Personality: Great up around gun toting White Nationalists so loves her white race and although finds some blacks and the like "decent folks" are clearly inferior to whites. She has not a bad personality and tends to keep her ideas to her kind and well is not opposed in self-defense to do anything she has to. She was spending her life as a survivalist learning to fight the race war, survive the nuclear war or whatever happens like the rest of her family. Is kind of torn right now and hopes she is not the only white person left leaving the mud races behind. She is a closet lesbo. (No I'm not a racist in real life but my character is at least right now, she might mellow out a bit.)

Skills: Is rather poorly trained for the real world but it so happens is right on the money for this one she can can food, farm without chemicals, fix cars and basic electronics, knows medicine not great but enough if no doctor is around, fight with guns and knives, knows martial arts, can work with metal and wood, knows how to care for animals and is well read having been extensively homeschooled. Is also a fair businesswoman and runs her own survivalist store with an internet store.

Stuff: Well is very very prepared has generators, five years of MRE's (for one person), other canned and dry food, bottled water, guns, knives, bullet proof vests, an armored vehicle (war surplus), an underground tank of gasoline, medical supplies, seeds and farming supplies and a fully decked out ham radio in a sturdy reinforced building able to hold off even armor peircing rounds. And a safe area in a bomb shelter.

History: Born and raised around racist White Nationalists who were readying for a race war so had a great deal of odd training. She ran her own store after college and working in survivalist preparation and selling white nationalist clothing and the like. She had sex with a few women over the years but so far was in the closet, but fucked a man now and then to keep up apprearances.

Tiberius Reign

I'm interested. Once I get approved, I'd like to join in.

Fyrangel

Innocent Mischief

I am very interested in this.  I have an idea for a absent minded, friendly scientific type if that would be ok.

Vandren

Certainly interested.  Just tossing around ideas.  At the moment, I'm thinking an (ex-)Eagle Scout/professional writer.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Fyrangel

Just send me a write up on the character.

Vandren

NP, I'll get something together tonight.

Oh, one quick thing . . . for background and other purposes, would you like everyone more or less in the same part of the country/world (or same city/state)?  Or just dotted wherever around the world?  Just so I know for conception purposes.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

MagicalPen

I love these type of settings (reminds of SM Stirlings series....starts with Dies the Fire) so count me in.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

OldSchoolGamer

Count me in too.

I'll probably play a moderately attractive but nerdy female.  More to follow.

Haibane

Providing I'm approved, please consider me for a place. I think I'd play a lady city exec, all smart suits, clever ideas and business acumen. An ace on the trading floor but less useful in a post apocalyptic brawl. Mid to late 20s, chic and beautifully presented, but vulnerable in the given circumstances.

Fyrangel

If you are approved, then send me a character.

Kalen

Oh, honey... you know that I'm interested.   :-*

Fyrangel