New bbcode tags

Started by Vekseid, May 31, 2011, 03:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I wanted to see if it would do both Sweet!

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

lollipop

It's Oreo text, literally. ~nods~ The text is the filling.

This is going to be a problem for me, I like it too much.

Michael Corvus

Hey Veks, Me again.  ::) Hey, I'm  wondering if there's a way to include a link in one thread that will take you to the most recent post in another thread for group games and remains dynamic. I looked at the url redirect code in the "Last Post" icon in my bookmarks but I noticed it addresses a specific message, i.e. "...topic=110474.msg4823749#new" I tried to eliminate the ".msg4823749#new" then I tried removing just the "4823749" and leaving the ".msg#new" but both of these attempts simply took me to the topic's opening post. I'm sure it's something very simple I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance
Michael
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Ryven

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this question, but I thought it fit here.  What is the bbcode tag for resizing an image?

Trieste

Image tutorial - should answer that and whatever other questions you have.

Ryven

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Michael Corvus on June 28, 2011, 04:17:22 PM
Hey Veks, Me again.  ::) Hey, I'm  wondering if there's a way to include a link in one thread that will take you to the most recent post in another thread for group games and remains dynamic. I looked at the url redirect code in the "Last Post" icon in my bookmarks but I noticed it addresses a specific message, i.e. "...topic=110474.msg4823749#new" I tried to eliminate the ".msg4823749#new" then I tried removing just the "4823749" and leaving the ".msg#new" but both of these attempts simply took me to the topic's opening post. I'm sure it's something very simple I'm missing here.

Thanks in advance
Michael

I've toyed around with the code and I've managed to get it to jump to the last post on the first page of posts. What am I missing here to have it scan all pages in the entire thread and then jump to the last post? Here's what I'm using right now:

.../index.php?topic=110474#lastPost
The Oath of The Drake

TheDarkMiko

This made my head explode.
[tr][td]
TDM's O/O's [/td]
[td]TDM's A/A's[/td]
[/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Michael Corvus

LOL Sess.

Update, I figured out a workaround that does the trick nicely. Here's the code I used to achieve it:

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=110474.20000#lastPost]Latest IC Post[/url]

Basically, what this code says is "go to elliquiy.com forums, find the topic with the assigned number (in my case "110474"), then go the page in that topic with the 20,000th post, and finally go to the last post on that page."

This will work for me a long time since the forums only show 25 posts per page and my game is only on page 2. If my game lasts long enough and there are enough posts to surpass 20,000 posts, then I would need to increase that number, but the chances of that are slim to none.  Since there IS NO page with a 20,000th post, I'm assuming what's happening is that the forum automatically jumps to the page with the post count closest to that number as possible. So by setting the post count to a ridiculously high number (in this case 20,000) you can trick the code into dynamically linking to the last post in a thread.

YAY AND STUFF!!!!  ;D
The Oath of The Drake

Oreo

Thanks for the results, Michael. That could come in handy. ;D *has copied it to her notes*

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Lunarice

I just stumbled upon this thread ... and I didn't know there was another Lunarice.  Should I change my user name so I'm not stepping on any toes?

Oniya

There is no other Lunarice.  If you read the opening post, Vekseid explains that the [ you ] tag (without the spaces) makes it so that whoever is reading the post sees their user name in the post.  In other words, when I read that exact same post that you read, I see 'Oniya' where you see 'Lunarice'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lunarice

I just skimmed to be honest and a lot of the technical things sail right over my head.  Thanks though Oniya!

Oniya

Didn't want you thinking that there was another you - or getting all paranoid because of all the posts with your name in them ;D

(It freaked me out the first time I saw it, too.   :o)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lunarice

*grins*  I wasn't quite paranoid but thought I'd stepped on someones toes, something I try to avoid at all costs.  Thank you kindly for setting me straight!   XD

Machete

Is there a tag for the width of a specific column in a table right now?  If so, what is it?  If not, would you mind adding one?

Chou chou rheastar

This was very very helpful! Yay for new information!

Michael Corvus

Is there a way to have a [link] tag jump down to an [anch] tag that's nested within a "spoiler" tag without the "spoiler" having already been opened?
The Oath of The Drake

Aemirys

I feel so nerdy.... I saw a new post here in this thread and excitedly hurried over, ignoring multiple new posts in game threads.

So I can't help you MC.

You did highlight the fact that I still know next to nothing about bbcode.... 
★  O/Os  ★  A/As  ★

Caeli

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 24, 2012, 05:14:57 PM
Is there a way to have a [link] tag jump down to an [anch] tag that's nested within a "spoiler" tag without the "spoiler" having already been opened?

I'm assuming that you've attempted this, and it doesn't work unless the spoiler tag opens?
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Caeli on January 24, 2012, 05:32:57 PM
I'm assuming that you've attempted this, and it doesn't work unless the spoiler tag opens?

That is correct. I've tried it and it doesn't jump to the anchor tag unless I have first opened the spoiler. I'm just curious if perhaps there may be a trick to somehow have the [link] tag first open the spoiler tag and then jump down to the anchor.
The Oath of The Drake

Caeli

I'm guessing that there isn't any kind of trick involved, or Veks would have mentioned it.

Would it be feasible to have your link jump down to an anchor right above the spoiler tag, with a note that says, "Go to [###] in spoiler"?

It's a bit of an inconvenience (obviously, not as straightforward as being able to go straight to the point in a spoiler), but that would be my suggestion to work around it.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Michael Corvus

I guess I could do that if I can't figure out another work around. Hmm... I'm gonna try something...

EDIT: Okay, tried surrounding the spoiler tags with the [link] and [anch] tags... that didn't work either.

I guess I'll just restructure things a bit to flow better.
The Oath of The Drake