D is for.....

Started by Levi, October 05, 2018, 08:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafiki23

Quote from: Levi on October 17, 2018, 08:55:51 PM

Ok so we do now have a few people to actually start this thing so keep an eye out for links.

Woot! This part is always exciting!

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Hunter

Chajesdad

Are we still in search of attendees? I was thinking one of the staff, a Dean of the Law department, one Judge Frollo. Whatcha think?
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Angie

Right, so, I think it's terrible, which is a sure sign that it's ready. Usually. You know how it is, you think it's crud but everyone's like "oh my god ahhhhhh it's great" so here we are.

Elsa the Frost Queen
Age 23
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation Bisexual
Height5' 10"                              Weight 120
Eye colourBlue                       Hair colourBlonde, extremely light
Romanic attachment No 'romantic' attachments, per se...but as a noble woman, she is quite fond of affairs. Her loves, however, are very discrete affairs...but the longer she lingers outside her kingdom, the less she worries about such things.
Personality Fear once ruled her heart. Now, this is no longer the truth. She possesses an incredible confidence in both herself and her abilities. She is quite keen to babble on about subjects she has a great interest in-and considering all the books she read as a child, there is little she does NOT have a great interest in. This can cause some annoyance, but she does her best to stop when she notices the looks. Old habits die hard, however, and she does her best to be distant from others-people have to approach her before she can really open up.
Interests She loves to read, and learn about as much as she can. She's the kind of girl who can read an entire Geometry or History textbook for fun. Aside from that, she has a particular love of ice sculpting...but she feels like her abilities allow her to cheat a little too much. So she's taken that same desire and applied it to Pottery, where her powers don't allow her to cheat.
Likes/ Dislikes Likes: Sculpting of all kinds, she loves the idea of taking a raw block of ice or clay or wood and making it beautiful. Loves chocolate.

Dislikes: Backstabbers. Immense heat is also on her list. For some reason, cannot stand the taste or texture of pineapple.
History She spent most of her life locked away in a tower, though unlike most princesses, hers was close to home. She had little but books to keep her company as she stood as the center of a raging ice storm, contained within her bedroom, with a sister on the other side of the door who had no understanding of why she stayed locked away. The truth of her powers came out on her coronation, after an argument resulted in what might as well have been Fimbulwinter descending on her kingdom.

Events unfolded as both her sister and a prince from another land both attempted to reach her. She accidentally cursed her sister with frost, resulting in her slowly beginning to freeze solid, only able to break the curse with an act of true love. Prince Hans captured her after a near-fatal battle, locking her up with plans to execute her to both stop the storm and ensure that none could prevent his rise to King of Arendelle (as he planned to assassinate her sister, Princess Anna, as well). She escaped the cell, however, and through happenstance, both princesses and Hans ended up on the frozen lake outside the castle.

It was over in a moment. Hans raised his blade to strike Elsa down, only for Anna to interrupt, freezing solid as she threw herself in the path of his sword, causing the blade to shatter. The storm stopped in an instant, as Elsa wept for her frozen sister...but the tears melted the ice away, and soon, Anna breathed once more, the curse broken. Hans was returned home with a very nice letter about what all he had done. They have not heard from him since.

The people were far more accepting of Elsa's powers than she thought they would be. Ever since then, she has ruled Arendelle...but now, she seeks new experiences, and a chance to meet people who don't bow before her as soon as she walks in the room. It's hard to learn how to be sociable when everyone treats you like a god...so she's come to the castle made by the fairies to broaden her horizons. The fact that Anna is also coming here and she feels a need to keep her sister safe, especially because she has trust issues after dealing with Hans, does not factor into her decision at all, no sirrah.
On/Off's (Let's keep it simple: I like most everything, and while Elsa is mostly vanilla, there's not much that's truly an off for me. Just PM me if you have anything you feel is a little "out there" and discuss it with me. I only bite on request)
Face claim Asami Gate
Writer Angie
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Hunter

Quote from: Angie on October 17, 2018, 11:47:02 PM
Right, so, I think it's terrible, which is a sure sign that it's ready. Usually. You know how it is, you think it's crud but everyone's like "oh my god ahhhhhh it's great" so here we are.

It is really good.   Really, better than mine I think.    Now I just have to wait for my Moana body pillow love interest to wander in so we can start some plotting.

Rafiki23

Quote from: Hunter on October 18, 2018, 12:17:52 AM
It is really good.   Really, better than mine I think.    Now I just have to wait for my Moana body pillow love interest to wander in so we can start some plotting.

Haha, I wonder if Maui is going to try and take a big brother role with her??

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

Norsegod1839

I'll work on Stitch tomorrow

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Norsegod1839

Stitch
Blue Devil
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Height: Six Foot                              Weight: 200
Eye colour Black                  Hair colour Blueish Black
Romantic attachment: Open
Personality:

While still pretty mischievous his time with Lilo and the rest of his family has matured him considerably. He can be a bit rough and mischievous but he has a heart of gold and mostly refrains from acting like an evil son of a bitch. He's damn smart and has lately taken to fighting in an attempt to keep his skills up. He can be a good leader when he wants to be the type to give clear decisive orders. He's also a generally fun loving guy now usually up for anything and everything.

Interests: Stitch likes to eat, fight, and work on his spaceship (he's a bit of a gearhead)

Likes/ Dislikes: Mischievous, Cake, Elvis, Fighting

History:

After the events of his escape, his cousins escaping, and the mad scientist gerbil creating ANOTHER of him Stitch was more than ready for a life of adventure and fun. He became a stars ship captain once more for the Galactic Alliance and this time Lilo joined him. They spent a couple of years patrolling the cosmos getting into all sorts of wacky adventures. Stitch saved the galaxy a few times (and almost destroyed it at least once!) before growing home sick of his adopted home planet. Word reached him and Lilo of the school and Stitch decided to go and attend for the socialization.

One/Off's: Same as writer

Face claim: None

Writer: Norsegod

Rafiki23

Awesome CS's Angie and Norse! This is getting very exciting!

Levi

Levi

Quote from: Chajesdad on October 17, 2018, 10:50:53 PM
Are we still in search of attendees? I was thinking one of the staff, a Dean of the Law department, one Judge Frollo. Whatcha think?

Hello  ,sorry I did see this earlier but am only just getting around to responding.

Staff would be very welcome, a very intuitive idea I look forward to seeing the character sheet

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Hunter

Quote from: Angie on October 18, 2018, 03:26:24 PM
Does love translate to approval? :P

We're a bit of a scattered bunch, but check out the approved characters list.

Levi

AnnieSatin

I'm interested, maybe Moana?

Hunter

Norsegod1839

Rafiki23

Quote from: AnnieSatin on October 18, 2018, 05:14:12 PM
Moana Pic

O.O.... Maui is gonna have some mixed feelings...

Levi

Quote from: AnnieSatin on October 18, 2018, 05:14:12 PM

She's smoking hot alright but I would rather you chose a different story, with two characters already from the Moana movie it's turning into a Moana based story if i add another.

AnnieSatin

Yea, having two that knew her already was the selling point for me lol.

Hunter

Quote from: Levi on October 18, 2018, 09:38:28 PM
She's smoking hot alright but I would rather you chose a different story, with two characters already from the Moana movie it's turning into a Moana based story if i add another.

Not really, it'll just mean that there will be one completed couple in the game.   My character can't really do much of anything until there's a Moana for him to interact with, as she's his boss/chief.     So I'd really, really appreciate it if you'd allow Moana to appear at this stage.

Norsegod1839

I'll weigh in

I do think that's a complete set from the Moana Universe. While I think that's not an issue per say I think we cut it there and make that a general rule for every "story" these characters are coming from.

IE I'm playing Stitch so if someone wanted to do a Lilo or Nani and then someone did something else that would be our three. Same for Frozen ect ect.

There's SO MANY movies and cartoon in the D Universe (Or multiverse?) I don't think we should box into one specific story (like Levi said it gets to much based on one thread).

My two cents is we keep it but not only stop it at three but I think make sure these three characters are not forming into a group or clique. As a co gm I would facilitate them all having a lot of separate classes and what not.

Rafiki23

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Norsegod1839 on October 18, 2018, 10:24:19 PM
I'll weigh in

I do think that's a complete set from the Moana Universe. While I think that's not an issue per say I think we cut it there and make that a general rule for every "story" these characters are coming from.

IE I'm playing Stitch so if someone wanted to do a Lilo or Nani and then someone did something else that would be our three. Same for Frozen ect ect.

There's SO MANY movies and cartoon in the D Universe (Or multiverse?) I don't think we should box into one specific story (like Levi said it gets to much based on one thread).

My two cents is we keep it but not only stop it at three but I think make sure these three characters are not forming into a group or clique. As a co gm I would facilitate them all having a lot of separate classes and what not.

I totally agree, but if it is set to only 2 then I can redact my CS for Maui and pick someone else, I think it would make much more sense to have Moana and her love interest than it does for Maui and Moana.

Norsegod1839

Honestly I think three is a good solid number for a cast of a specific disney movie.

So for like Frozen doing an Elsa, (dude with the reindeer), and her sister makes sense as a trio from that movie. Set's of three also can have a magical meaning in the Disney universe.

I might throw in an older Sora for instance! Which brings up another rule to the set of three I think works well.

No crossover or Altnerate versions of characters. For instance if we already have a donald and goofy from the mainstream then I wouldn't do a kingdom hearts version.