Werewolves: New Blood

Started by Valerian, May 25, 2010, 01:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Alas, no one slept easily that night -- the villagers from their fear, and the wolves because once more they were on the prowl.  That morning, the villagers made a cautious search, and discovered, to their shock and horror, that once more an innocent Villager had been lost.  Mithlomwen would rise no more, and yet another ally was lost.  Things were becoming grim indeed.

• Aiden
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Aiden for once feared his home made of bricks was not enough to protect him, hoping he did. He had now began constructing the home of the farmer to clear his mind of the latest tragedy. In his ramblings he pointed out the one person he felt had something to do with it all....Lucius Cornelius

Imogen

That morning, Imogen hesitated before heading out, fearing the news this morning would bring. When the hammer did fall, she buried her face in her hands. "Mithlomwen..." She whispered. "We'll find who did this, I promise you."

She watched Aiden as he pointed and although she didn't trust the bricklayer, she nodded quietly. There was something suspicious about Lucius Cornelius.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current voting:

Aiden(4) - Xandi, Lucius Cornelius, Remiel, Imogen
Lucius Cornelius(3) - Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, The Unholy Potato
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Yet to vote: Esoteric Myobi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

When Xandi heard the accusations begin to fly she was shocked that Aiden would so quickly accuse The General Lucius Cornelius. The General was such a fine man.

Why all of the sudden did Aiden make his position so clear as sudden. His first vote had been against Lord Mayerling and he had turned out to be an innocent. Albedo voted with Aiden in that round and Mith voted confidently against Albedo and was murdered. Are all of these things just curious coincidences? Xandi wasn't sure but she had voted Aiden from the beginning and nothing thus far had proven her suspicions wrong. Xandi decided to stick with her gut instinct on this and hoped to find out soon who the wolves were or she knew she would be dog food before long and so would her friends.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

desert ashes

Another note was sent from Moirae's home, this time reading:

I still suspect The Unholy Potato, however, I am even more suspicious of Imogen.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Lucius Cornelius

When aiden points to him, the anger almost overwhelmed him...
"how do you dare ??? how can you tell that... oh i see, you point to me to distract our citizens... it is obvious that there has been a suspicious person since the begining...YOU"

so Lucius vote against Aiden

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile still found it hard to believe that there could be werewolves living among them in the guise of humans pretending to be one of them and yet killing them as they lay sleeping in their beds.  And as if the curse of the werewolves wasn't enough they were called up to ferret out the culprits by accusing each other of the horrible deeds.  They had done this, only to watch two of their innocent bretheren meet their death.  There was one who could be guilty, one who could have brought this plague among them and though he was defended by another he could be good at deception and have blinded her to the truth.  Lucius Cornelius could be one of those noisome creatures.  With a prayer to herself, Beguile hoped she had not named another innocent.

Remiel

"Zere iz zumsink about Aiden zat I do not trust," said Remiel, who looked worse than ever.  His eyes were ringed by large, dark pools, and he couldn't stop yawning.  "My tezts are, zo far, inconcluzive.  But zere iz zumsink uv zer dark about him."

Imogen

Imogen listened to the discussions and glanced at Remiel when he spoke. She bit her lip and lowered her gaze, carefully considering her choices. Had she been wrong to suspect Lucius Cornelius? Taking a deep breath, she turned to Remiel. "You are the expert regarding these monsters, I still don't trust Lucius but I will place my trust in you and change my vote to Aiden." She prayed that this time they would make the right choice. Surely, Aiden had behaved oddly but was he really guilty?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Aiden

"Killing me will be the only hope you all have at avoiding the massacre that creeps towards you before your blind eyes!"

The Unholy Potato

The little hunched potato-man eventually shuffled back around to town, muttering to himself and smelling of freshly turned earth. However, atypically for him, he addressed his remaining fellows from the town square. "I do not feel that I can so quickly condemn one that I had formerly trusted. As such, I will cast my vote against Lucius Cornelius, and would urge others to do so. I do not think that Aiden is guilty."

Imogen

Imogen regarded the hunched man warily and sought Remiel's gaze. She shrugged her shoulders, spreading her palms outwards. "I am not sure about Aiden, but I really don't trust that man... I saw him follow Albedo yesterday. They seemed to be argueing. She leaned against the wall beside the door way and rested her head against the bricks, warmed by the sun. She sighed. "Who will build our houses now ?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Esoteric Myobi

Although she had voted for Aiden previously as well, her fears hadn't dwindled and instead had only grown with the increasing amount of deaths. Knowing little about Lucius Cornelius, Myobi decided to place her faith in Xandi's trust in the man as well as going along with Remiel's insight.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aiden

With the remaining bricks he had left the hard working mason began to dig himself a tomb and decorate it with the works of his craft. He knew his fate and would accept it despite the glare of hatred in his eyes for everyone.
"I curse you all to death, each and every one of you...may the hells torment your souls for eternity. May you never know peace, the pain of a werewolf disemboweling you will be like nothing you experience once death's mercy falls upon you worthless cur!"

With his work complete the man returned to his home and returned later, bathed and with a large dagger in his hand. Stepping into his grave he closed his eyes before digging the steel into his abdomen, gasping as the life left him. His eyes teared up but his anger stayed laced on his features. He smiled as blood cascaded out his lips, his eyes glowing an unnatural blue.
"To death all of you...may the blind be culled like lambs."
With those words he collapsed, Aiden the brick maker was no more.

Valerian

Final voting:

Aiden(5) - Xandi, Lucius Cornelius, Remiel, Imogen, Esoteric Myobi
Lucius Cornelius(3) - Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, The Unholy Potato
Imogen(1) - Moirae
Beguile's Mistress(0)
Esoteric Myobi(0)
Mithlomwen(0)
Moirae(0)
Remiel(0)
The Unholy Potato(0)
Xandi(0)

Aiden's words cast an uneasy pall over the entire village.  And they were right to shudder, for it was the curse of a man wrongfully accused, by those he had once called friends.  For Aiden was no werewolf, but the Seer, one who might have helped to shield the village from its enemies.  The remaining innocents were now blind indeed...

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

As exhausted and bedraggled as Remiel looked, he at least had the grim sense of satisfaction that he had, at long last, correctly identified one of the werewolves and thereby saved the village from its peril.

When Aiden was revealed to be the Seer, however, he shrieked like a woman and fainted dead away, his eyes rolling back in his head.

The Unholy Potato

"I told you! I warned you! I did try, even if not half as much as I should have! We're doomed, like he said!" The potato-man glared and pointed at Remiel. "I heeded your advice before, but you did not listen to mine! Why? You should have known better!"

This said, he grumpily stumped off to his shack, not even bothering to lock the door. If death came, he knew that it would be no protection.

Valerian

That night, the werewolves howled, and few slept a wink.  But the next day brought the first good news that the villagers had had for some time.  That morning, the sunrise brought no fresh gruesome discoveries, and every remaining citizen was alive and well.  Though their Seer was gone, their Guardian remained and had chosen well last night; and at last there was a ray of hope for them all.

• Aiden - Seer, lynched, Day 3
  • Albedo - Villager, lynched, Day 2
  • Beguile's Mistress
  • Esoteric Myobi
  • Imogen
  • Lord Mayerling - Villager, lynched, Day 1
  • Lucius Cornelius
  • Mithlomwen - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 2
  • Moirae
  • Remiel
  • Ryven - Villager, eaten by werewolves, Night 1
  • The Unholy Potato
  • Xandi

There are 4 Villagers, 1 Guardian, and 3 Werewolves.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

When Remiel came to, he found himself back in his cottage, with no idea how he got there.  The candles were mysteriously alight, the Ars Lycanthropos propped up on his table, as if staring at him accusingly. 

Remiel turned and looked at himself in the mirror.  His eyes were bloodshot, his hair rangy and unkempt, his cheeks unshaven.  He looked, in short, like a man on the verge of going mad.  He remembered how certain he had been about Aiden, and he flinched visibly, as if struck by an invisible assailant.

"Who iz it?" he murmured to himself.  "Who iz it? Beguile'z Miztrezz? Ze Unholy Potato?  Luciuz Corneliuz? Who is zer monzter?"

He took off his glasses, and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Ezoterik Myobi. Yas, it muzt be her.  I vuz right to suzpect her initially."

Sighing, glancing at the mirror, noting that he had picked up a slight tic at the left corner of his mouth, he went out to make the accusation.

desert ashes

Another note arrived from Moirae's house (where she refused to come out from behind the barred door):

I can no longer place any faith in the words of Remiel.  He has swayed this village and its votes too many times now only for tragedy to occur.  How can we believe that after the deaths of innocents he could pick the right one?  We cannot... unless we also choose to believe that he is doing so purposefully, as a Werewolf, getting all of you to kill off each other with the belief he is trying to help.

I believe Remiel to be a werewolf, but also feel suspicion should be cast upon Xandi and Imogen, likely co-conspirators.
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

Imogen clenched her hands to fists when Moirae's letter was read. "WHAT?" She exclaimed, whirling towards Moirae's house. "Is that how you repay our trust, Moirae?" She demanded, her voice pitched high.

She took an angry step forward. "Aiden was RIGHT! You are blind!"

Struggling to regain her calm, Imogen took a deep breath. "Either you, or us has been fooled. But oh, you have chosen your time for betrayal... The only good thing that has come from this is you showing your true colors at last.

Moirae, I name you a traitor, a wolf and a murderer!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

With several heavy silver chains around her neck and carrying a large silver cross, Moirae finally peeked out of her house and could only frown with Imogen's words.  Hoisting up the stake she'd carved out of her wooden cutting board and the cross, she cautiously made her way toward the village center -- though well away from being within arms reach of anyone, her nerves shot and fear clouding her eyes.

Eyes that narrowed on Imogen.  "I find it odd that you select now, when I've admitted being suspicious of you, Remiel and Xandi, to decide to become angry.  Why not when I voted for you before?  We offered no trust between us and I gave you no loyalties... nor did I ever believe in Aiden's guilt, as evidence by that I never once voted for him.  You and Xandi, and with Remiel's swaying, have had a hand with everyone's demise.  Only someone so guilty, in face of being exposed for the heartless beast they are, would choose now to shriek and scream."

Then she looked to the others and said: "I am as innocent as Aiden.  Inspire death upon me and we will not survive the night."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

"I have made too many mistakes in my votes to start yelling when someone else makes a mistake, Moirae, even if that meant you pointing your finger at me. I didn't cry outrage then, I foolishly thought you were as torn as I was."

"I'm glad you pointed out the voting, however. It made me check the village records. And guess what I found?"

Imogen tilted her head. "I learned that you had not voted for -any- of our stupid mistaken executions. Your votes were always safe with minorities."

Her eyes narrowed. "Except once... When -your- vote cast the deciding lot that sealed Lord Mayerling's fate. Why did he have to die, Moirae? How did you become so lucky to avoid the mistakes we made? I defended you when Remiel came to me with suspicions regarding you. No, I said, I believe her... And then he send that letter, to those he trusted. Your name was on that list, I think partly due to my recommendation. What an idiot I've been!"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Slowly Moirae lifted a brow and looked back at Imogen.  "Because I mistakenly thought he guilty and let myself be swayed by the majority.  And... really, I think you're thinking far too much of yourself, or perhaps it is simply Remiel playing all of us, for he too came to me.  In fact, he came pleading his innocence, and as foolish as I was to believe him then, I do not now.  You cannot fault me for not voting for those I didn't think guilty nor for falling into the trap of voting along with the majority.  My not voting for those who have innocently died should not be taken against me.  My conscience -- aside from the tragic death of Lord Mayerling -- is clear.  "

"But yours... oh no, yours is not.  Is it?  How many more have to die before your vile betrayal to this village is put to an end?" 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin