News:

Main Menu

I love House!

Started by Inkidu, September 28, 2008, 08:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

I watched an 8 hour marathon and I couldn't stop. It was just so great. I used to watch E.R. as a kid and on but then it got weird. Bad weird. So now I watch House for my medical needs.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sherona

I don't watch much tv but House is one fo the few shows I watch religiously....*nodnods*

Inkidu

I don't really either but I had a Saturday I could devote to study... and then House came on and I said oh a medical show and that was that. Don't look at me like that. I just did my studying today. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Caity

*loves* House.  Never miss it.   ;D

Kalen

I watch House every week.  But I don't believe that the rest of you do...

Because everybody lies.

Greenthorn

I wait until the seasons are over and rent them from Blockbuster...I watch them commercial free and sit for hours at a time *grins*

House appeals to so many things for me that it's a given that I like it. 

Eleanor

I love House too, the new series started in America recently I think? Waiting for it to come to the UK now *grumbles*
Ons and Offs                                             Where there hell am I?UPDATED!
Plotness

Inkidu

Quote from: Eleanor on September 30, 2008, 06:45:54 AM
I love House too, the new series started in America recently I think? Waiting for it to come to the UK now *grumbles*
It's got a few seasons. I don't think it will take much longer.

Mathim

I'm a big fan of Hugh Laurie, but only his earlier work where it's actual British-style comedy and very lighthearted, silly slapstick. This dark humor I see in commercials for House is a bit off-putting and seems so out-of-character for him, I'm very hesitant to go near the show.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

One despite Laurie's not really dark but pessimistic humor, it's not a funny show. Laurie brings out his character's mannerisms perfectly.

MagicalPen

You all know that the new season of House is currently running on TV right? Tonight, 8PM EST is the next episode.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Sherona

It is in America, but not the UK. I believe Elvi and Strangely told me that they were a full season behind America.

And no Mathim, House is not suppose to be a comedy. This is why I think Laurie really did earn his nominations and awards he has won by playing Gregory House so well. we are used to seeing light hearted Stewart Little's Dad, now he is a depressed, vicoden-addict cynical doctor. I love it...

Pixilicious

Gregory House is my hero  *smirks*
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Caity

I'll be watching tonight.  :D

The Mentalist is a good new show too.  I couldn't get into Fringe.  :( 

RubySlippers

I don't like House its to fucking unrealistic. First this is a US non-teaching hospital so where did they ever get an in-hospital staff like that every hospital I have seen that is effectively for a profit outsources every doctor except in the ER. When I was in last time my doctor and everyone else worked out of the hospital but billed seperately out of their respective practices.

And where the hell are the bean counters asking if any of these people have insurance, breathing down Houses neck about getting uninsured people out and the social working having sick people fill out form after form to recoup some of their expesnes from all sorts of different parties etc. etc.

A TV show or not its not a realistic hospital at all and not at all enjoyable to watch at least for me.

Kalen

If stark realism is nessecary for you to enjoy every show you watch, then you must not watch very much TV. 

Now, a doctor being THAT much of an ass, taking that many chances with people's lives, and not getting busted?  Unrealistic. 

But again, if you're looking for real life?  Don't watch Fox.  Or 99% of shows on tv. 

Caity

Who cares if it's realistic?.... It's TV and Hugh Laurie is HOT.

It doesn't seem all that not realistic to me anyway.  :p  The last hospital experience I had wasn't all that different.  :P

Inkidu

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 30, 2008, 05:02:58 PM
I don't like House its to fucking unrealistic. First this is a US non-teaching hospital so where did they ever get an in-hospital staff like that every hospital I have seen that is effectively for a profit outsources every doctor except in the ER. When I was in last time my doctor and everyone else worked out of the hospital but billed seperately out of their respective practices.

And where the hell are the bean counters asking if any of these people have insurance, breathing down Houses neck about getting uninsured people out and the social working having sick people fill out form after form to recoup some of their expesnes from all sorts of different parties etc. etc.

A TV show or not its not a realistic hospital at all and not at all enjoyable to watch at least for me.

Spoken like a true lawyer! :D House isn't about the workings of a hospital. It's about diagnosing strange happenings in medicine. Witch are totally realistic. In fact House is what is called in the medical profession as a diagnostician.
Of course not a single T.V. show is realistic. Certain parts have to be abridged for entertainment value. Because I want to see an hour of people filling out insurance forms. God scintillating television right there. It just makes me feel so excited. Fill out that claim form, woot!

Inkidu

Quote from: Kalen on September 30, 2008, 05:09:00 PM
If stark realism is nessecary for you to enjoy every show you watch, then you must not watch very much TV. 

Now, a doctor being THAT much of an ass, taking that many chances with people's lives, and not getting busted?  Unrealistic. 

But again, if you're looking for real life?  Don't watch Fox.  Or 99% of shows on tv. 
Especially not reality T.V. Go figure!

Sherona

It IS a teaching hospital F.Y.I. Whenever they call someone they always identify themselves as such, plus there are classrooms...and is the whole reason House has doctors beneath him instead of as colleagues, they are bright experianced minds, but they aren't quite experianced enough to get their own departments elsewhere, not until the season Chase, Cameron, and for a bit Foreman quit. I am sure working, and remaining sane, under House was quite a boost on their resume's

Inkidu

Quote from: Sherona on October 01, 2008, 08:44:03 AM
It IS a teaching hospital F.Y.I. Whenever they call someone they always identify themselves as such, plus there are classrooms...and is the whole reason House has doctors beneath him instead of as colleagues, they are bright experianced minds, but they aren't quite experianced enough to get their own departments elsewhere, not until the season Chase, Cameron, and for a bit Foreman quit. I am sure working, and remaining sane, under House was quite a boost on their resume's
No one would touch Foreman after he got all House-a-fied. He ended up going back to the hospital under some kind of supervisory role.

Sherona

I was trying not to give spoilers to those who are a season behind us in America :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Sherona on October 01, 2008, 09:48:22 AM
I was trying not to give spoilers to those who are a season behind us in America :D
Yeah but they don't know why and I'm not telling.

Methos

I thoroughly enjoy House. The caustic and curmudgeonly nature of the character is delightful. I one day aspire to be so good at my job that I too can be that big of a jerk.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

King_Furby

I really do like the show but i don't really know what all is going on now. i watched season 1 and 2 on DVD from netflix and so what are they on season 5 or 6 on tv? I do need to get season 3 though. At least each episode is still interesting even if you haven't seen all the episodes leading up to it.

personally i think season 1 was the best of what i have seen.

still very good show i hope it goes for a very long time. I would like to see 10 seasons honestly. as long as the production company, writers and actors stay interested i think thats how long it can go for. there are so many medical things in the world there is really no end to what they could do.