Ancient Greek Mythology (Currently Looking for Titans & Demigods!)

Started by Pixilicious, April 25, 2011, 09:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Scion is probably my favourite RPG at the moment, and I'll happily bend your ear about it in PM if you like. Or on mumble again, for that matter.

If you have any access to the books, you might find some ideas worth stealing for your game :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Hellion000

Quote from: Verse on April 26, 2011, 12:10:46 AM
Not to be terribly rude myself but I'm going to be the one to flat out say, your approach to these questions comes off to even me as overly condescending and arrogant. I don't mean this to insult you, but to simply tell you the age old advice; Back it down a notch, chief.

Further, the theme: Greek Mythology. Wasn't entirely myth. Gods are still around today, shifting from their former lives as immortal deities to living amongst mortals, doing whatever they see fit.

Tone: Greek Mythology. There will be emotions, conflict, abuse, magic and all kinds of insanity present. The tone will probably bob between humor, tension and a spectrum of emotions.

Scope: Greek Mythology. The Pantheon are spread all over the world, all holding differing levels of power and the interpersonal relationship between the Immortals themselves are slightly compromised. And now the Titans are rising back up to do what the Titans usually do when they finally break out of their cages, roll up their sleeves and get back to breaking things.

And this is a roleplay, the narrative direction will probably be better fleshed out and explained once the interest check/sign ups are done and over with.

At first I was going to just pass this off as a bit of overaggression by a fan of the GMs or the game. Then I read...

Quote from: Moirae on April 26, 2011, 09:37:49 AM
As we aren't requiring anyone to have extensive knowledge of Greek Mythology (I've got enough Greek myth information in my head to fill a small library), I'd encourage you to submit for a character if you'd like to play.  There simply needs to be a willingness to research what you don't know about the characters and feel comfortable asking for clarifications or even answers to questions that you can't find. 

Verse, that was condescending and rude, and as one of the co-GMs, that is not an attitude I want to see again in the future for this game -- from you or anyone else. 

To use your own words: back it down a notch.  If you want to be helpful, then be helpful, but no one has the right to belittle another for asking a question.

The fact that one of the GMs of the game is so willing to rabidly lash out at a potential player without bothering to double check or clarify my intentions in my post... well. I've no interest in that sort of Forums behavior. Moirae, I appreciate your attempt to clean up the mess your co-GM made of simple questions, but between his tone and lack of legitimate, informed answers, I think I'll pass.

No hard feelings, I wish you folks the best of luck in this game, but I have no room in my life for the sort of drama that's already shown up.

KnightNelson20

Quote from: Hellion000 on April 26, 2011, 10:05:31 AM
At first I was going to just pass this off as a bit of overaggression by a fan of the GMs or the game. Then I read...

The fact that one of the GMs of the game is so willing to rabidly lash out at a potential player without bothering to double check or clarify my intentions in my post... well. I've no interest in that sort of Forums behavior. Moirae, I appreciate your attempt to clean up the mess your co-GM made of simple questions, but between his tone and lack of legitimate, informed answers, I think I'll pass.

No hard feelings, I wish you folks the best of luck in this game, but I have no room in my life for the sort of drama that's already shown up.

I don't think anyone was rabidly lashed out against. I believe she was just doing her job as co-gm and insuring that no one was talked down against. If you were going to leave it then you should have just did so the extra comment wasn't needed. I'm sorry this roleplay wasn't what you were looking for but to not only put down the roleplay, but to put down one of the gm's as well that was unneeded. You will be missed. Maybe. I don't speak for anyone else.

Phobetor

O_O

...I think we might be getting a little off base here. *Waves white flag?*

May we go back to yummy Greek Mythology and the Interest that there may or may not be in it? ;D

Please?
With Sugar on top?
...Or even better!
...a mountain of sugar? ;D ;D

Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Hellion000

Quote from: KnightNelson20 on April 26, 2011, 10:17:12 AM
I don't think anyone was rabidly lashed out against. I believe she was just doing her job as co-gm and insuring that no one was talked down against. If you were going to leave it then you should have just did so the extra comment wasn't needed. I'm sorry this roleplay wasn't what you were looking for but to not only put down the roleplay, but to put down one of the gm's as well that was unneeded. You will be missed. Maybe. I don't speak for anyone else.

I wasn't putting down Moirae. I was reacting to Verse's behavior. Though, it's been explained to me in detail over FPMs that Verse is not, in fact, a Co-GM; and that I misread a portion of Moirae's post. Sidenote for Moirae- I sorry about that, it's early here and I'm not 100% awake yet so I misunderstood your post.

KnightNelson20

So back to the rp though I've not been accepted yet and unsure if I will be as of yet. But was wondering, without a Zeus who will organize and lead the God forces. I would assume Hades seeing as He, Zeus, and Poseidon were brothers and were the three main gods being born of the titan Chronus. And with that being said is it safe to assume that Chronus will be leading the Titans. Though no one has been accepted for a Titan role i assume that will be made into NPC's to further the plot. Yes??

Phobetor

*Snickers*

Ya'll do NOT want Hades to run the place. Bad things will happen...VERY quickly.

I can't say I know for sure because the Girlfriend and Pixi are the ones who have been brainstorming this, but I would assume (and you know what they say about people who assume! ;) ) that if no one picks Zeus we might NPC him. Or who knows...maybe it'll add a plot twist to have Zeus murdered!

*dun dun duuuuuun!*
Taking a break from E.

KnightNelson20

Zeus murdered!! That would be quite the issue. Unrest would rise among the Gods. Im sure Hades would be blamed. *laughs* I'd blame Hades so fast. Fighting between the Gods. Thats not new or anything. *laughs*

Phobetor

*Kicks rocks, pouting*

Why must Hades get blamed for everything? You know...maybe he found his inner Zen and he is at peace with himself!?

o_O
...Yeah...No...that's a lie...a horrible filthy lie...

Hades totally WOULD have had something to do with Zeus' murder.  >:)
Taking a break from E.

KnightNelson20

What if Hades let the Titans loose so that in all the chaos he can take over. *epic music* His evil has no end. What a genius plot. I am quivering as we speak!

Ebb

I think Zeus faked his own death and is hiding out running a petting zoo in Omaha, sick of all of the celestial infighting.

Or maybe that's more of an Odin thing.

In any case, power vacuums always make good kickstarters.

Jag

*eyes the thread with interest*

You know, I came into the Group Requests to try and revamp my Camp Half-Blood game...then I see this. While I don't think the tone of this game is very Percy Jackson-ish, I feel intimidated. :P

*goes back to re-read the original post and debate on whether she should apply or not...and loves on Pixi a little*

>.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Phobetor

Taking a break from E.

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

HockeyGod

Pixilicious

Quote from: GrapeTootsiePop on April 26, 2011, 10:46:10 AM
*Snickers*

Ya'll do NOT want Hades to run the place. Bad things will happen...VERY quickly.

I can't say I know for sure because the Girlfriend and Pixi are the ones who have been brainstorming this, but I would assume (and you know what they say about people who assume! ;) ) that if no one picks Zeus we might NPC him. Or who knows...maybe it'll add a plot twist to have Zeus murdered!

*dun dun duuuuuun!*

Umm... I second this idea! :D
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Sasha

ummmmm Hera looks fun to play indeed ...I might be up for that ...now to make a second selection .

Changing to Demeter ......someone said I was motherly ....LMAO ....look out .

Maybe Hestia ...the forever virgin would be more fun . Don't laugh ...I could pull it off .

Will send you something .

Xantham

Character apps have been submitted.

I picked some titans, since they seemed underrepresented  :P

Pixilicious

Quote from: Xantham on April 26, 2011, 04:16:40 PM
Character apps have been submitted.

I picked some titans, since they seemed underrepresented  :P

Yes...The titans are suppressed...  *giggles*  I made a funny!

bubby

I'm interested in Titans as well, but I need to read up a bit. I noticed you have Styx. Isn't that the river? Didn't know it was the name of a Titan?

Pixilicious

Styx was also the name of the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys. She was wife to Pallas and bore him Zelus, Nike, Kratos and Bia (and sometimes Eos). Styx supported Zeus in the Titanomachy where she was the first to rush to his aid. For this reason her name was given the honor of being a binding oath for the gods.

:)

I hope this helps, bubby!

ArtemisHighmore

So I was sent over to have a look at this. Will be submitting to characters shortly.

bubby

All righty. I was thinking Rhea, and now maybe Styx. Like I said I'll (obviously) need to research! Definitely interested in Titans though, and I'll PM my questions on the actual RP premise soon!

desert ashes

Character Update:

As Pixi and I were reviewing what characters have been submitted so far, we realized we want to wait until everyone has submitted character profiles before making the calls.  Interested players have until the Friday, April 29th to submit character profiles and we'll be announcing our decisions on Sunday, May 1st. 

Please note: There has been one character already selected as we made the decision on Nemesis before deciding to wait till the end of the week. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Star Safyre

Quote from: Moirae on April 26, 2011, 07:42:00 PM
Character Update:

Please note: There has been one character already selected as we made the decision on Nemesis before deciding to wait till the end of the week. 

*bows*  Much thanks, ladies.  I look forward to see who all will be playing and what characters they bring.   ;D
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones