News:

Main Menu

RealDolls

Started by Spookie Monster, June 14, 2005, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out realdoll.com.)

Some of you might have heard about these things on HBO or elsewhere. Basically, RealDolls seem to be extremely advanced blow-up dolls (despite the fact they aren't actually blown up). I... honestly, I don't know what to think about this. I've never indulged in a blow-up doll or other toy myself, but it's hard to imagine these things not becoming more realistic and more affordable* over time. Where will we be in twenty or thirty years?

Some of my favorite parts (because they're funny, creepy, or whatever) of the site include:

[these in particular are from the website's FAQ]

Question: What if I don't fit with RealDoll's sex parts?

REALDOLL's vaginal and anal cavities are made snug to accommodate any insertion. The silicone flesh is soft, slippery, and very elastic. Any petroleum or water-based lubricants can be applied to ease entry. REALDOLL's oral cavity contains soft silicone tongue and teeth. The oral cavity is as snug as the doll's other entries. All of REALDOLL's cavities allow deep insertions.

Question: Tell me more about RealDoll's "suction effect"

When penetrated, a vacuum is formed inside REALDOLL's entries which provides a powerful suction effect. This effect is strongest in REALDOLL's oral entry. Some of REALDOLL's users have reported intense orgasms due to this specific feature.

Question: Can the dolls stand upright, unsupported?

No. REALDOLL's skeletal system is too flexible and collapsible to allow her to stand upright. The doll has the poise and relaxed state of a sleeping girl.

Question: Can she support herself enough to do it "doggy" style?

Yes; We recommend supporting her upper body with pillows to assure that this position will be maintained during use.

Question: I want to start shopping for my doll's clothes now, before she arrives. Is this advisable?

We recommend that you wait until your REALDOLL arrives and familiarize yourself with her body before you purchase her new clothes.

Question: Can I draw on the doll's flesh with permanent ink markers?

Generally, nothing sticks to silicone -- not even permanent ink. However, certain inks may cause staining, so test applications are advised.

Question: Can I use my REALDOLL as a pool toy?

You can use REALDOLL as a pool toy, but prolonged exposure to sunlight and/or chlorine may bleach the doll's pigmentation.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

So, everybody, what are your thoughts and opinions? If somebody offered a RealDoll to you free, would you take it? Would you use it? Would you let your significant other own one? Which is the most palatable RealDoll? Which is the strangest/most disgusting? Where will the future of sex toys bring us?

Spel

* Current cost per RealDoll: $6,499.00 for a female, $6,999.00 for a male. :o And that doesn't include shipping and handling. :o
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Ajoxer

That's pretty unusual. As a staunch supporter of DIY Masturbation, I've never been much for toys of any kind- I've only ever used lubrication once, because I'm lucky enough to have a foreskin.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

nick012000

I'd much rather spend that much money picking up real women. ::)

3ldr1tch

That last statement could be considered an admission of criminal activity in some countries. *ducks*
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Natalie C. Barney

I recommend a great horror movie called LOVE OBJECT about a man obseesed with a real woman who has a doll that looks kind of like her, featuring RealDoll. And I own one, its fun playing dress up with her and is a great conversation item as she stays in the living room when not using her. What does a woman do with one? Rubbing against her to get off, role-playing and dress up like a big barbie...and I can always add a strap-on. I call my girl Jenny. Anyway I pay $600 to visit a courtesan in Nevada per hour, so a few thousand on her was a fun splurge.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Keelin

Strange how it seems more acceptable for a woman to own a sex toy and yet  a man is considered ‘sad’ for having a doll.

'The first and foremost erogenous zone is in the minnd'

Natalie C. Barney

Yes it is I see men getting toys in a local sex store and they seem normal just need a relief object and many women thought they are pathetic. I buy a vibrator and I'm liberated. Seems to me if I buy a RealDoll and use it its a kinky fetish but acceptable. A man buys one and I know two they are losers. Well I feel whatever makes someone happy should be fine as long as nobody is hurt.

www.realdoll.com

My Jenny has this selection for reference:
FEMALE
Body 4
Face 14
Skin Tone MEDIUM
Eye Color HAZEL
Eye Liner LIGHT
Eye Shadow NATURAL
Eye Liner Color BROWN
Hair Color BRUNETTE
Hair Style 1
Fingernail/Toenail Color FRENCH MANICURE (CLEAR)
Lip Color NATURAL
Pubic Hair BRUNETTE
Pubic Hair Style NATURAL
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lilian

Courtesan in navada? Are you talking about Paruhmp?

Natalie C. Barney

Well I went to one Sheri's Ranch to visit a legal courtesan a few different times, before I was in my current relationship with an adorable lady. They do have several in most larger brothels that take women and couples as clients. And whats wrong with a single lady HIRING a courtesan if its legal, I had needs and at the time was not ready for a relationship. My last lover was raped and killed, so was not quick to get a new lover I needed two years.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Lilian

That's terrible. o.o;

I'm from Las Vegas, tho, it's why I asked. ^.^;  I'm a reeaally mobile person.

I dont quite have the money to afford 600 dollars an hour. Le' sigh. I make that every two weeks. =P

I dont look down at what you did at all, I'm pretty good with most things. <Grins> 

I was just wondering if you were local. I've only been in Vegas for a month... I donno. It's just hard to really meet people that would even share my interests when I have work and school full time. -.-;

3ldr1tch

Why do I feel stranegly aroused by the current conversation  :D
The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents.

- H.P. Lovecraft ("The Call of Cthulhu")

Natalie C. Barney

Well the smaller Brothels in Nevada are less expensive and have attractive girls the Shady Lady a bit out of the way has rates of $300 per hour, $500 for 2 Hours and $2000 and up for a full day. Most I-80 brothels are a better value as well. And there are courtesans that take women clients in many, just e-mail the madam or the girl;s directly you can do that off most web sites. Just be clear the women are independant contractors so they get half on what they get paid. But they are safe and respectable places with pleasant courtesans.
Natalie Clifford Barney