Seeking urban fantasy partners! [ Sub-leaning M for any]

Started by TheKnifeWon, April 03, 2019, 11:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKnifeWon

Hello! I'm someone who joined here years ago, wandered away for a very long time, and am now returning with a new set of characters! I only have one of them written up, so let me focus on writing about him.

My main fella's Oscar. He's a very sweet, very talented guitarist for an experimental/prog rock band. He also happens to work for an underground organization supporting kinship between humans and the supernatural. On the surface, it's an organization for cryptid and conspiracy enthusiasts; in reality, it raises money to help friendly supernatural creatures get by without harming humans. . .theoretically. More evil characters could infiltrate, for the right story! Oscar does many things for the organization, playing charity shows with his band, attending events where he'll sometimes work as a server or play some other novelty role, and signing up as a willing donor to vampires (and other types of creatures who feed on humans!). This is an opening for many types of scenes, but I'll also throw some other possibilities down.

Oscar is approached by a tall, elegant woman after a show. She tells him that he is a precious boy with whom she'd love to spend some time and so, she invites him home to get to know her better. To sweeten the pot, she tells him that she has alphonso mangoes that she would love to share with him. How did she know he liked those? Aren't they out of season? Well, she might be a lot more than she seems!

Oscar has visited a fetish club, ostensibly as research for a film script he might write. There, he meets a handsome stranger who asks him why he's come. He seems suspicious of his innocuous answers. He asks him if he knows what sort of creatures frequent this club, what they might want of him. Through whispered enticements and careful caresses, he convinces Oscar to let him have a bite. Yup, that's our vampire.

While walking through a large park in a new town, Oscar can feel a strange pull upon his person, a compulsion toward a secluded area. Strange light radiates from what appears to be a large animal's burrow. As Oscar leans down to look inside, the earth opens and folds him into a cavern. That strange light spills across all manner of vines, untold fruits, glistening nectar. A voice, or perhaps simply an outside feeling, fills him up and beckons him forward. It's been waiting for someone capable of listening to its call. Greater humanity would love to cut it down, but Oscar, Oscar will help it to thrive. Won't he?

These just serve as examples of what I might enjoy; we can play off of them, or we can figure out something new together! Oscar's full profile can be found in my ons/offs thread in my signature. Throw me a PM if you're interested, thanks!