Bleach, The Hamanatsu Incident

Started by Saikotsu, February 11, 2012, 01:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

A gentle breeze blows through central Hamanatsu, cooling the air just a fraction as the noon sun shines down from above.  All around the town, people are going about their lives, shopping, laughing, playing, working.  Everything seems perfectly normal. Everything except for the almost tangible tension floating about.  Whilst everyone goes about their daily lives, their is a certain...unease that permeates the air.  Like a blanket, it coats everything, unseen but ever present.  This unease is little more than the calm before the storm, a prelude to the events that are to come, which will later be dubbed, "The Hamanatsu Incident"

The end of class bell resounds throughout Tenjo high school, much to the relief of the weary students. Paying attention is that much harder on hot days like today.  The usual cacophony of voices and conversations seems a bit muted today, but otherwise everything seems normal for now.  "Finally," Mada mutters from his desk.  Not wanting to brave the crowds in the halls, he reaches into his bag and pulls out an apple to munch on. He takes a big bite out of it as he looks out the window into the courtyard below. Even though his senses are on edge, it doesn't translate to his demeanor at all. To the untrained eye, he might as well be totally unconcerned.  From the corner of the classroom, Meiyo watches the other students, particularly Mara and Ruri. 

Meanwhile, Dieter finds himself in front of a cafe.  This cafe happens to sit on top of a hill with a superb view of the city. It also happens to rest smack dab in the center of an area where the Reiatsu is really thick.  In places it seems as if the energy was gathered and condensed and at others it seems to have just accumulated naturally.  Most of the people seem to not notice it, as expected, but a few people covertly analyze the area, not wanting to seem...unusual.

Juma on the other hand is on his way home from a grocery shopping trip.  His abode is not far from the store, so he walked today. Little does he know his stroll is about to be interrupted quite suddenly.  As he walks down the sidewalk a girl careens around the corner of a building. She's bawling and making a big racket as she runs blindly, tears streaming down both sides of her face.  Unable to see where she's going, she runs smack dab into Juma, causing her to fall back onto the sidewalk. This only causes her to cry even more.  From his position, Juma is able to see that she has a chain sticking out of her chest, with only a few links left on it.  Conveniently, there is no one around at the moment.

As the Senkaimon behind Daigo closes, he finds himself standing in a small baseball diamond. The diamond seems to be part of a local park, with a few people and their pets roaming around happily. The park sits west of the city's center and just north of one of the major highways.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Les Man

Dieter Monch-Quincy, once called Fukusu by his friends, when younger, hefted his small plastic bag in his hands from the electronics store, slowing down as he passed the cafe and considering stopping to buy himself a drink.  As he slowed to a stop, he realized he was in the way of other people on the sidewalk, and excusing himself, he stepped off to one side, casually glancing about.  Working at the computer shop nearby in this neighborhood, he was aware of the abnormally high amount of oddly focused reiatsu, spiritual energy, in the area; as a result he had to constantly exchange the Ginto containers hidden inside his bracelet-shaped Quincy Bangles for empty ones.  Five of them full already; not to mention the sixth always-full one he always carried in a pocket as a spare.  The rate they're filling up is definitely increasing.

He looked around, noticing the people who looked his way; he got plenty of looks for his hairstyle, but lately he had been getting the feeling that some of the people weren't looking at his hair... he kept trying to tell himself that people just liked his style, but--as a Quincy he was getting suspicious.  He rarely liked to ignore his instincts.  As he raised a hand to shield the lenses of his glasses from the sun's burning glare--he didn't need to wear them all the time, but he preferred it, especially recently--something seemed to pop out at him as he turned his head.  With the steadily increasing level of spiritual activity in Hamanatsu Town, he was able to stifle his surprise and attract little, if any, attention, simply because it had been happening so often.  His glasses, called Seele Brille by the Quincy, could quadruple the distance at which he could see spiritual objects and souls; he scanned the area before him from the hilltop and quickly located the spirit again.

A small child-ghost was crying, sitting on the ground and staring up at another man in the small road; his first thought was that perhaps the man had attacked the spirit, but he quickly saw otherwise--only adding to Dieter's list of questions.  He checked his back, right-side pocket, knowing his Quincy cross-and-glove were there, but feeling better now that he double-checked.  Still trying to remain casual, he started to look about for a convenient place to fire a Quincy Arrow from, just in case that young ghost was crying for the same reason the last ghost he saw was.  Almost regrettably, his eyes ended up settling, upwards, on the cafe's roof.
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)
Le Ons & Offs pour Les Man.
Just a taste: The Philosopher and the Stone (Writing Sample)

cmpuncle

Still a little stunned, and surprisingly not covered in groceries, Juma had not been expecting the little girl to emerge from the corner.  Once he realized what had happened, he picked himself up and then went to make cure the girl was ok.  He reached out a hand for her to grab, which she did, and he pulled her to her feet.  That's when he saw the chain, something he only ever saw on spirits.  Boy am I glad no one was around to see that, they would have thought I was crazy falling down for no apparent reason then reaching out to something that apparently wasn't there.  "I'm sorry to help and run but.....I really gotta get these groceries home.  Just watch where you're going from now on, ok."
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Wheresmycow

Looking around, Daigo frowned as he shielded his eyes from the high noon sun.
"So this is where it all came from?  Doesn't seem that special of a place."
Turning to face the highway, Daigo began to run at full tilt, hopping onto the guardrails and then heading towards the center of the city.  It would have been nice if they could have gotten him closer to base of operations, but this would have to do.  He needed to get into contact with the other two shinigami here, find out what they knew about the city, and just how bad things were here after all.  It apparently wasn't as serious as events going on in Karakura, but to warrant having two here meant that it was going to be troublesome.  While he had to carry out his own mission, he was also expected to lend a helping hand, and the unsaid words implied that he was going to be needed.  Once again, he felt proud to be to selected for this assignment, and to be part of the 4th division.

Still, what was it about this town?  It didn't seem all that remarkable to him, observing the scenery around him as he raced along, yet he could sense the tension in the air.  Just what the hell was going on here?  Things would be so much simpler if he just needed to beat down some hollows, but it was more likely to turn into an extended investigation, sifting through whatever mystery lay in this town.  At the very least, he felt he was up to the task.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Undercov3rL0ver

Ruri stretches and yawns before pulling out her sketchbook.  Various sketches and drawings fill the pages, leaving barely any unused space for her next drawing. Fortunately she had 3 backup sketchbooks for just such an emergency.  While the other students hustled through the halls to get to their clubs and what not, Ruri was happy to just sit back and draw a bit. After a few quick sketches, she stealthily sneaks a glance at Meiyo, who is watching her and Mara, before returning her attention to her notebook.  Yet try as she might, Meiyo's gaze kept disturbing her focus. "Is something wrong, Fumetsu" she finally directs toward Meiyo, a little exasperated at the attention the girl was giving her.  The girl had just shown up one day and everyone acted as if they had known her for years. Well, almost everyone. Ruri was not included in that group, and often felt suspicion toward the young woman because of it. 
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

Bloody Rose

Kiro opened his eyes, another day of cutting the classes he did not liked. He really did not cared about his future, at least not more than any thug on the street. The world was slowly coming to a end the people were just stupid enough not to realize it. Ever since a few years ago Kiro started to see odd things, people with long black coats and monsters with skull faces everywhere.  However it all did not surpassed his ability to become stronger and faster almost on will. He did not really knew why but one thing was for sure it all had to mean something.

He wasn't stupid, it wasn't like he did not investigated and nearly got nothing out of it. He knew all these things had to do with death, what of death? he did not knew. A girl with a chain cut and slowly disappearing, the girl seem to be transparent to the invisible to the naked eye. He never cared much about it all but he kept living, after all those who are stronger almost always survive and persevere.

He looked around, he could feel a strong spiritual energy out in the distance. He shook his head and took a deep breath, "Another can handle it". He hummed more to himself than to anybody around him he needed to keep himself calm so his rage would not get out of control like it did sometimes. With his hands on his pocets he started to make his way to his house.

Saikotsu

The little girl before Juma continues to cry, but between sobs, she says "it h-h-hhurts....my... c-c-c-chain hurts." The bottom link starts to eat away at itself. Despite the pain, the girl's face is contorted into a silent scream of agony. Tears still stream down her face, but no more noise comes out of her as the encroachment continues. 

Meanwhile, a few teenagers on lunch break leave the cafe with coffee and pastries in hand.  They're chatting idly amongst themselves.
"Can you believe Natsumi? She claims she saw some strange boy wearing masks all over himself!"
"That Natsumi, she's always making up tall tales! Seriously, I heard she saw a man dressed like a samurai!"
" I heard that she said..."
They pass by Dieter without paying him much heed, though one of the girls covertly turns her head and winks at him

Meiyo approaches Ruri's desk and slams her palms down onto it, more out of her excitable nature than being angry.  "Can't you feel it Yamanagi?! Seriously, you of all people should feel it!" She drops her voice to a whisper and leans in closer.  "Listen, I've got a bad feeling, like really bad, and I think we shouldn't be here. I was debating how I should bring it up, but I think we should just get out of here, not go to our next classes. "
"YOU just want an excuse to ditch class, Meiyo, and now you're trying to drag Ruri into this," Mara declares from her seat. Her arms are crossed and her eyes are glaring daggers through her glasses at the other girl.
"I am not, and you know it.  I can tell, you feel this tension too. We all do," Meiyo replies indignantly.
Mara says nothing, her face an impartial mask. Her cold demeanor is in sharp contrast to Meiyo's nonchalance. 

As Daigo runs along the guard rail, he hears the familiar roar of a hollow nearby.  Moments later, he hears something like a howl, animalistic and predatory, coming from much closer. Seconds later, a strange creature charges in the direction of the hollows roar.  It's legs are reverse jointed, like a dogs, and seem to be built for jumping.  The arms are humanoid and wiry, seemingly built more for speed than power.  Whatever it is, it's fast because it is gone in moments.

As Kiro walks towards home, he notices that one of the nearby homes has been cordoned off by police. Various officers wander about, looking for clues and surveying the scene. The various vines and roots emerging from the windows and doors of the house make it appear as if it was abandoned for ages, despite the fact that it looked perfectly normal this morning. A pungent aroma wafts out from the flowers  growing on the vines, leaving a bad taste in Kiro's mouth. 
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

cmpuncle

"Look just calm down, I don't want any trouble, especially related to spirits."  He seemed a little frantic at this point waving his hands in front of his face, "Ok you know what I'll do I'm going to run up to my place real quick and drop these groceries off, then I'll come back down here and we'll see what I can do, ok?  Don't leave this spot, I'll be right back."

Juma quickly rounded the corner and sprinted all the way to his place, in a rather odd rather noticeable fashion that he really couldn't help, after all it wasn't very often one saw someone sprinting while carrying groceries in their hands.  Luckily he hadn't been that far from the house, so he arrived quickly, let himself in and placed the groceries on the counter, quickly putting away anything that had to be refrigerated.  Once that was done he left, almost forgetting to lock the doior on his way out, and ran back to where the girl was.  Before approaching her again he calmed himself, while he didn't like getting involved with spirits it seemed as if this was an emergency, so he would need to deal with it calmly, losing his head would only worsen the situation.

"Okay little lady, why don't you tell me why you were in such a hurry earlier, and we'll trace this back to the source."
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Wheresmycow

"What the hell..."
At the roar of a hollow, Daigo was set to chase after it, but the creature that had appeared in front of him made him stop in his tracks for a moment.  It was fast, faster than he was, and he wasn't sure just what the hell it was.  Was it related to what he had to investigate, or was it something else entirely?  Shrugging, Daigo followed after it, towards the hollow he had heard and was beginning to sense.  If he made it in time, he would either be able to catch the creature.  Whether or not he would have to deal with it at the same time as the hollow was something to see.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Les Man

Distracted a moment by the pretty young girl, he smiled back at her, but quickly set his mind back to task, able to appreciate an attractive face, but having little time for such things lately.  He looked back to where the spirit-girl and the other man had been to find the girl there alone, looking confused and nervous.  His eyes narrowed as he forgot about the teenager completely; feigning to look at his watch, he mumbled a curse to himself--purposefully loud enough that others could hear--and started moving as if he had run out of time for something, which he indeed might have.  Far off in the distance, so far that he couldn't even tell which direction it was coming from in fact, he sensed a Hollow, but it was faint, and he couldn't even gauge its power, just its presence at this distance; as a matter of fact, he couldn't even sense the spirit-girl's .  He sensed some other odd spiritual pressures all around him, but that was becoming normal to him; right now, he was only concerned with the Hollow, and his best lead to finding it was that spirit-girl he saw at the bottom of the hill.

He zipped across the street and launched himself over the railing, landing on the steeply sloping hill on the other side and running down nimbly to the road below.  A few of the people on the busy streets gave him odd looks, but he paid them no mind as he dashed across that street as well and down the road that stretched down the hill in front of him.  He still had a good seven or eight blocks to go, so he dipped into an alley between houses and started using his Hirenkyaku--Gottschritt, as he had grown up calling it, back west--the "Godstep" technique, to solidify the spiritual energy around him into invisible platforms.  He seemed to literally jump onto thin air and leap off, far higher than one would assume he could leap.  Within moments of getting out of sight of the people in the streets, he had set foot on the rooftops.

He paused to fasten his glove-and-Quincy Cross around his hand, then quickly leaped unseen across the rooftops until he spotted the still-teary-eyed spirit-girl, much closer now, but still too far away from him to gauge her spirit pressure.  Now halfway down the hill already, he saw that the man had returned to the spirit-child and seemed to be trying to calm her.  He shook his head once in exasperation, not wanting to be spotted by someone spiritually sensitive--Quincys were secretive people, and Dieter, as a foreigner here in Japan, felt even more detached from from others.  He kept low as he proceed to approach his destination, staying out of sight as best he could.
"I will give you the world..." The Pen That Is Mightier: D'autre Personnes Vit (Likes & Dislikes)

Undercov3rL0ver

RurI COULD feel the tension but she had always been a diligent student. Yet she couldn't deny that Meiyo had a point. "For the record I think youre nuts, but alright. Lets go Fumetsu." Of course, she didnt mention that she had ulterior motives for going with her.
Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.

Saikotsu

After a minute or so of pursuit, Daigo catches up to the strange creature, which is locked in battle with the hollow.  The two resident Shinigami arrive at the same time from different parts of the city. The female Shinigami looks in Daigo's direction and nods her head before nodding to her partner.  She wears her hair tied back in a no-nonsense bun, and her eyes stare right through Daigo, as if looking into his soul. She's shorter than average, and she is holding her zanpakuto in her left hand.  The hand guard is a no frills, round guard, and the hilt is colored a dull gray.  The male shinigami looks to relaxed for a man about to enter battle. Both of his wrists hang over his sheathed zanpakuto which he has behind his neck like a yoke.  His dark hair is long and disheveled, trailing down to his shoulders.  He's currently wearing a lopsided grin as he watches the battle going on. "yo. Any idea what the heck that thing is," he asks lazily. "Gawk later," the girl states.  She grabs her right wrist and flattens the palm facing toward the hollow. "Hado 31: Shakkaho!" The man shrugs, "you never were one to sit back and watch, Setsuna," he comments before adding, "let's go. We'll finish introducing ourselves when this is over."

Meanwhile, in the time it took Juma to leave and return, the girls chain seems to have calmed down, but is missing a link. The girl manages to compose herself enough to explain.  "my...my gravestone.....some students destroyed it with a sledgehammer....and...and.....when they did...m-m-m-my chain started to eat itself!"
As if to prove her statement, the chain begins to encroach on itself once more. Fortunately, it's only a single link, leaving five left, but the girl is in obvious pain.  Almost as suddenly as her encroachment resumes, another creature bounds into sight.  It sniffs the air and looks around, trying to determine somethings location. It seems not to notice anyone walking on the street, and they don't seem to notice it either. 

Meiyo smiles at Ruri, though it is a somber smile. "Okay then. Hurry up and grab your things, we gotta go ten minutes ago." Mara pointedly studies for her next class, deliberately ignoring the other students. Meanwhile, Mada finishes his apple and tosses it in the trash.  With the crowds more or less dispersed in the hallways, he opens the door and walks out without saying a word. 
Meiyo watches him leave and comments," wonder what's gotten into him? Did you two get in a fight?"

Beyond the house, Kiro is able to see a thin, vertical line of blue energy forming in the distance.  Small motes of blue energy form in the air and float toward the small pillar of energy  as it forms. Sudenly, Kiro hears a gruff voice behind him. "Best not to get involved kid. Just keep on walking." 
The voice belongs to a large man, at least seven foot tall, 220 pounds, all muscle. His skin has the color and consistency of old leather, and a patch of rough stubble indicates where he recently had a goatee. He's wearing a pair of threadbare jeans and a white muscle shirt with several growing sweat stains. Around his neck is a coin with the kanji for "Wrath" etched in. 
- a friend

Wheresmycow

Daigo nodded at the two of them, "I've been briefed already.  Let's do this."

Cracking his knuckles, Daigo charged forward, waiting on Setsuna's kido to strike first before launching his own attack.  Unlike the male shinigami, Daigo's zanpakuto was a clawed gauntlet, bone white that trailed in a helix spiral pattern up his arm.  Drawing his arm back, with the fingers pointed forward, he was ready to run the hollow through with his hand.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

cmpuncle

"Why must this happen to me?" Juma said out loud, "Alright, we're going to try to sneak away from this thing and then get back to your tombstone, and see what we can do to fix it, so just follow me and keep quiet, and calm."  He started tip toeing towards the corner where he could hide behind the wall.  When he got behind the wall he crouched down and motioned for the girl to follow him, while glancing over to see if the creature had seen him.

Les Man

When he saw the "creature"--before he could even tell if it was a Hollow or not--he immediately stopped advancing and found a spot where he could crouch low and maintain a clear shot at the creature.  He held out his gloved left hand and made a fist, focusing the spiritual energy of his environment into his Quincy Cross and forming his longbow-style Quincy Bow.  "Weinen Immer," he whispered quietly as his lengthy, electrically-glowing blue Quincy Bow formed.  Concealed as he was was, he was confident nobody would casually spot him, and they definitely would not be able to see the purely spiritual energy-based bow he formed.  Now would they see the Arrow he formed as he grabbed the shining, thin blue "string" of the bow and drew it back.

He was grateful as the other man began to sneak away with the spirit-girl in tow, then he focused back on the Hollow, tilting his nose down and looking over the lenses of his glasses, not needing their binocularity at this distance.  He squinted, determining the "creature's" form as quickly as possible--he doubted it could be anything but a Hollow, but he didn't want to fire his arrow at it without being sure.  Not only would he give away his position, but if it wasn't a Hollow, it would definitely become his enemy afterward, if it survived, and there was no way to be sure he could kill it in one shot.  Tensing, he waited for the creature to emerge from behind the buildings and trees obscuring it--had he not still felt another presence somewhere, still too far to gauge accurately--Dieter would have fired already, but with these doubts in his mind....

Undercov3rL0ver

"What?! Nothing happened of the sort, and what are you implying?!" Ruri asks all flustered as she picks up her stuff and jams it into her backpack. " We should get going before class starts," she declares as she stands up. What ws fumetsu thinking?!

Saikotsu

Setsunas kido strikes the hollow dead on, causing it to stagger away from the creature it was battling, leaving it open for Daigos joint attack with the other soul reaper. Both attacks strike true and the hollow starts to dissolve. Suddenly, the creature begins sucking in the dissolved particles. Once it has fully devoured its prey, small traces of energy outline its body small crystalline structures burst out of its skin on its wrists and face. "What in the world is that," the laid back shinigami asks. As if in response the creature lunges forth and backhands him with a crystalized wrist, sending him flying.

Meanwhile, in another part of town, the other creature notices the small girl and takes a few tentative steps toward her. It stops mid stride and sniffs the air. In that moment it begins to turn toward Dieters position, almost as if smelling his intent. It becomes clear that it looks to be a hollow with no.mask, though it does have a hole in its chest. The girl runs to Juma and stifles her sobs as the encroachment continues.

At Tenjo high, Mada makes his way to.a locker room. Not many students are in this part of school at this time of day, which is just as well. Meiyo chuckles as Ruri gets flusterred, " Im not implying anything, though your reaction says alot. Nevermind that, we really ought to get going. Leave him be for now.

- a friend

cmpuncle

Juma grabs the girl and hugs her tight to help keep her calm, "Alright it looks like he's distracted, now's our chance to get away and get your gravestone taken care of, just stay quiet and low, once we're out of sight you can ride on my shoulders, ok?"  While talking he leads the girl along and behind the wall until he figures they're out of the creatures sight.

Wheresmycow

"Damn it!  Nemesis: evolution."

Daigo's zanpakuto glowed as the helix running up his arms began to writhe and re-arrange themselves.  Immediately, he felt his reiatsu course through him, altering him to better prepare for the fight.

"Setsuna, suppress the creature."

Charging forward, Daigo's killing intent and reaction speed were honed and focused as he launched an attack at the strange creature.

Power Flux
The flux points are spent on giving Daigo +2 Melee attack, +2 Melee Defense and +2 Massive Damage, all for his zanpakuto.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Undercov3rL0ver

Ruri shrugs and leads the way out of the classroom.  "Hey, don't they lock the gates to prevent people from leaving early? How are we gonna get out?"

Les Man

The other young man pulled the spirit-girl close as Dieter watched, obviously trying to protect, or at least calm her.  The Hollow emerged into clear view and paused, sniffing at the air and turning to look--directly in Dieter's direction.

No mask, Dieter thought.  Hole in chest--scared, but typical spirit; he released the string of his bow and let his arrow fly.  He had never seen a Hollow without a mask before, but that hole in their torso was unmistakable.  Even if it wasn't a Hollow that he just fired at, never had he seen a creature that scared wandering spirits in such a way that didn't need to be put down.

Before his arrow even struck its target, the lone Quincy had already begun to coalesce the reiatsu around him to form another Spirit Arrow; by the time the creature realized it had been attacked, Dieter would most likely be able to strike again.  Anything that resembled a Hollow was not to be taken lightly--especially when the souls of his fellow humans were at stake.  Reflexively, his body tensed, preparing to dodge, despite the multiple city blocks between them still.  He was no fool; he learned from his mistakes--he had never faced a Hollow fast enough to cover this amount of distance without Dieter being able to see them coming.  Then again, he had never faced a mask-less Hollow before, either.

Saikotsu

"Roger!" Setsuna declares as she begins muttering a chant under her breath and drawing symbols in the air with her finger.  The creature moves as if to shield itself with the crystalline growths but a red aura constrains its movements.  "Quickly!" Out of the corner of his eye, Daigo can see the other soul reaper slowly get up. Unable to move, the creature watches as Daigo's attacks connect with impunity. It lets out a loud roar as it fades into nothingness. After making sure that the creature is truly gone, Setsuna runs over to the other soul reaper and checks on his wounds. Satisfied that he is not in mortal danger, she hits him, HARD, on the shoulder.  "Ganto, you idiot!"
"OW! Cut it out Setsuna!"

Off on a rooftop nearby a boy pushes his glasses farther up his nose.  His bluish-black hair is cut in a severe, no nonsense style that makes him look incredibly stern.  His white button-up t-shirt flutters in the wind as he reaches into a pocket in his slacks and pulls out a cell phone.  He starts walking to the doorway that leads back into the building and dials a number. After a few rings he says, "yeah, it's me.  The prototype was defeated......understood.......yeah, I'll give a more detailed report when I return to the lab......Spare ribs sounds great......yeah, see you when I see you."

Meanwhile, Dieters arrow plunges straight into the other creature. It lets out a howl of anguish as it starts to dissolve. Try as it might to hold itself together, it proves to be an exercise in futility, as the creature fades away into nothingness.  Meanwhile, blue motes of reishi start gathering at the cafe Dieter was investigating earlier. 

Meiyo grins as she comments, "ooh, don't worry about that. Just leave it to me." Her grin quickly fades as a blue mote of energy floats past her head. Several students have stopped in their tracks to watch the motes as they fly through walls and approach the center of campus. A roar can be heard from nearby, joined by several more.  "I hope you're ready for them, cause they'll be looking for people like you, Ruri. People who can see them, people who have the ability to stop them."
- a friend

cmpuncle

Juma heard the creatures death wail and instantly felt relieved.

"Good sounds like we shouldn't have any more trouble getting you taken care of."  He grabbed the girl and put her  up on his shoulders, "Enjoy the ride!"

After a few minutes the girl had successfully directed him to the graveyard where she was buried and it wasn't too hard to spot the defiled gravestone.

"You know it's lucky I happen to carry Gorrilla Glue with me just in case," he chuckled after all there weren't many people who would do that.

He walked over to the headstone and set the girl down before going to work on piecing the stone back together, which was difficult considering the headstone was very heavy.

Wheresmycow

"Restore."

His zanpakuto returned to normal as Daigo made his way to the two shinigami.
"Given how you let down your guard, I think you deserved that smack from her.  Good thing that you're okay though."
Looking back at where the creature disappeared, Daigo crossed his arms in thought.
"Pity you don't know what that was, and that it didn't leave a corpse to examine.  Would have been nice to send something back for someone to look over."
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Undercov3rL0ver

Ruri was stunned, what the heck did Fumetsu mean by that?  "People with the ability to see and stop them? Fumetsu, I have no idea what your talking about, as usual! What do you mean by that? I'm not going anywhere until you explain what's going on!"  Despite her confusion, comprehension began to dawn on her. Somehow she had known she was different, she just didn't know how yet.