Tarot readings and other forms of divination

Started by persephone325, January 23, 2013, 06:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Mnemaxa on March 10, 2014, 04:26:04 PM
My Tarot Deck is a Ukiyo-e Japanese woodcut print deck; I have a set of actual Chinese coins for my I Ching divination (counting out yarrow stalks takes hours).

Having had yarrow in my garden at one point, I can imagine.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Rhedyn on March 10, 2014, 06:23:32 AM
I've tried out a load of different forms of divination over the years though generally stick to using my Wildwood Tarot now. I also love The Faeries Oracle though have been using this set less recently. I absolutely love the art work on tarot and oracle sets, several of the ones I own are purely for aesthetic purposes. If I had the money and space I would buy more and collect them.

Several years ago I made my own set of wooden runes, I also have a pendulum (which I tend to use more when I do healing work), a crystal ball for scrying and a self created divination set of different items that appeal to me. There may be more but I can't remember what I have stashed away in my cupboards.

I used to read the cards for other people with some wonderful results though tend to read them for myself more now than others. I actually find it easier to do readings for other people as I don't tend to over think the messages in the way I do for myself.

Quote from: Silverfyre on March 10, 2014, 11:54:34 AM
I just got the Wildwood Tarot a few weeks back and I am in love with it.  The art work, the system, the cards... all of it is just exactly what I hoped to find in a personal Tarot deck.  I still haven't done any readings yet as I am still studying the cards but it is fantastic!

I have not gotten to use my Wildwood Tarot, but I was thrilled to find it as I'd been trying to get my hands on the Greenwood Tarot deck (by mark Ryan and Chesca Potter) for a long time.  How have you found it?

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Rhedyn

Quote from: Daylily on March 10, 2014, 10:27:23 PM
I have not gotten to use my Wildwood Tarot, but I was thrilled to find it as I'd been trying to get my hands on the Greenwood Tarot deck (by mark Ryan and Chesca Potter) for a long time.  How have you found it?

I really love the deck, I've found I really connect with the images which for me at least is the key to getting good accurate readings. I've tried quite a few decks but this one is the one that seems to speak to me more clearly at the moment and is the first deck I've really been drawn to in a long time. I haven't tried reading for anyone else with them yet though as I've only had the deck for about six months or so.

I would be delighted to get a copy of the Greenwood Tarot, I had been looking for that prior to buying the Wildwood though it's just so expensive to get now that it's out of print.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Rhedyn on March 11, 2014, 09:09:24 AM
I really love the deck, I've found I really connect with the images which for me at least is the key to getting good accurate readings. I've tried quite a few decks but this one is the one that seems to speak to me more clearly at the moment and is the first deck I've really been drawn to in a long time. I haven't tried reading for anyone else with them yet though as I've only had the deck for about six months or so.

I would be delighted to get a copy of the Greenwood Tarot, I had been looking for that prior to buying the Wildwood though it's just so expensive to get now that it's out of print.

I ahve the same exact issue with Greenwood.  I want it but 10 years ago it was out of print and at $125+ on ebay.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Aleph

I have a late 80s/early 90s tarot deck called the Rohrig, it's a german airbrush thing. Personally I think I liked the deck because the Chariot was a race car, which sat well with me. I liked the updating of the concepts.

Lilias

Quote from: Daylily on March 11, 2014, 11:04:54 AM
I ahve the same exact issue with Greenwood.  I want it but 10 years ago it was out of print and at $125+ on ebay.

You want to see how much it's going for now? Brace yourself! :o
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

jaybee55

Quote from: Lilias on April 09, 2014, 11:22:36 AM

Whoa!  I'm not a "believer", but I've always been fascinated by divination of all sorts and collect associated memorabilia.  Most of the items are things that friends and acquaintances who know of my interest have given me over the years.  Among the dozen tarot decks in my collection is the Greenwood deck, and I seem to remember having a book to go with it - although I don't know where it is.  If I can find it I'm really tempted to put it up on ebay!

Back in college (during the Triassic age) I did readings to amuse my friends and pick up girls (well, try to, anyway).  I always used the Aquarian deck that a Wiccan friend gave me in the mid-70s because I liked the art best.  Years later I ran a D&D campaign using these same cards rather than dice... LOL... Ah the good old days.
Ons and Offs (incomplete)

meikle

Quote from: Lilias on April 09, 2014, 11:22:36 AM

Trade in Yours
For a £3.41 Gift Card

Amazon!
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Mathim

I'm not a believer (never was either) but I'll admit, someone I used to know described personality traits of Taurus people and it was surprisingly along the lines that I consider myself to fall under. And one time a hippie friend of my hippie foster sister read my palm and it sounded eerily accurate despite me never having met him.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).