The wheel of time.

Started by Saerrael, August 27, 2011, 11:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Very tentative interest check.

Currently rereading the series and I am thinking basing a groupgame on the series might be interesting.
However, I'm not all too comfortable with GMing, and thus will have to speak up now to say I rather not GM another game ( I find it stressy).
I will also need aid with the English terms for things due to reading the series in Dutch.

Post here if you
-are interested in playing in a groupgame based on the series
-are interested in GMing such a groupgame.

I personally only like freeform, by the way. Just a bit of information.

I'd be interested in playing an Asha'man myself, but not given thought about it any further.

Kate

Im interested in playing a Aisedi or / black asja or a forsaken

(extreme themes being ok)

Saerrael

Aes Sedai (any Ajah), Wardens, Forsaken, Aiel. Everything should be possible. Kind of depends on what timeline the game would be set in. Or an alternative reality could be chosen, too.

Muse

*smiles*  I'd be very interested. 

There's even the option of a d20 system for this. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kate

no system please - free-form if possible.

lets set it after the last book (where sea-chan have assulted the white tower and been repelled and egweme is the undisputed mother) ...

HairyHeretic

Forsaken would be VERY powerful in comparison to most other characters though. Might be an idea to decide on what sort of power level of play you want before pushing on.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kate

HairyHeretic

IIII am a very powerful character :)

It suits me :)

But an Aes Sedai that has some Ter-Angrels would be fine

HairyHeretic

In a group game though, everyone needs to be around the same kind of power level, otherwise the uber character ends up doing everything and overshining everyone else, and that isn't a healthy situation for a group.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kate

point taken :)

is that an expression of interest in joining us hh ?

HairyHeretic

Very tentatively. I need to wait on my routine to settle before I ought to think about taking on new games, but I do enjoy the Wheel of Time series.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Saerrael

Quote from: Muse on August 29, 2011, 12:23:45 AM
*smiles*  I'd be very interested. 

There's even the option of a d20 system for this.

Aye, I know. I've played it (years ago, and, no I don't have the book :( )
I'm afraid I don't play system online, however.

Quote from: Kate on August 29, 2011, 06:42:27 AM
no system please - free-form if possible.

lets set it after the last book (where sea-chan have assulted the white tower and been repelled and egweme is the undisputed mother) ...

Hm, I would vote to set it earlier. I'd like to play my male channeller to go insane >.> <.<
But I'll go with the majority.

*waves at Hairy*
Could go around the power difference in a creative manner, though I'm not certain how to explain ICly how a Forsaken could be as 'weak' as others.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 29, 2011, 10:33:42 AM
Very tentatively. I need to wait on my routine to settle before I ought to think about taking on new games, but I do enjoy the Wheel of Time series.

Well, this would be a very tentative interest check, so your very tentative interest has been noted? *giggles*

NicciKotor

I love the wheel of time series, and would be delighted to join in and green Ajah Aes'Sedai. I've read through the books twice, read the D20 book, and even tried to start up a wheel of time pathfinder game here months back that collapsed on itself. The problem being that not everyone read the books in that game, so the motivation and prowess was not there.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Saerrael

Quote from: NicciKotor on August 29, 2011, 08:42:08 PM
I love the wheel of time series, and would be delighted to join in and green Ajah Aes'Sedai. I've read through the books twice, read the D20 book, and even tried to start up a wheel of time pathfinder game here months back that collapsed on itself. The problem being that not everyone read the books in that game, so the motivation and prowess was not there.

You may have to NPC your Warder(s) (green Ajah for the win), unless you can find someone to play one (or more).

Yeah, I kinda am poking for people who don't want to play a game (on itself), but want to play in the Wheel of Time world, to be honest. The world is very rich and detailed and I'm sure there are quite a few fans on Elliquiy.

*peers at Hairy's personal text*
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain = It's time to roll the dice
That is.. very fitting!

Though 'ye' means 'I'.  You mean you think it's time to roll your dices...? *headtilts*

Zaer Darkwail

*raises hand up*

I am fan of the series but quite way behind in the series (stopped reading/follow it like 4 years ago). Need re-read whole thing likely remember things.

Anyways I am not much fan of freeform or start it so late in the game. Could tempted do it d20 system as a GM/player but it is already told here you want freeform.

Just popping in and tell that yes, there are fans in here E for series :).

Kate

Name: Sylvia Sedia

Ajah: White

Appearance:

Background

Sylvia was born into a wealthy merchant family which traded spices for enough generations for a handful of ships to be bearing their family crest. Her own family, the Larne's were known to many kingdoms, hated via envied of wealth by many but trusted enough for their wears to be common place to most. So far the family had managed to distance themselves from the fueds noble affairs, a decision that lessened profits but kept their name free of being thought of as spys or worse.  As such over the last three generations the families wealth mimicked nobility without the privileges, still privileges do come from wealth, and because of such nobles had pressed Sylvia father for marriage. A marriage thankfully which was prevented by the Aes Sedia noticing her natural talent with the source. Still the trappings and luxury of money is something Sylvia is a lifestyle Sylvia had grown accustomed too, and once earning the Shawl as well as the ring quickly adopted luxuries she had learned to live without during her time as a novice.

Other's often vocalize their dis-like of flaunting such, feeling surely the Great serpent ring should speak for itself, but in her mind nobles who became sisters resumed decadent attire, and in her mind there was no reason for her not to. She has traveled more extensively with blues than most whites and some of their political knowledge Sylvia is very much in appreciation of, still her soul screams for the logic only those who attempt objectivity can muster.

While browns dabble in fathoming the mystery of the world, yellows healing, reds warfare,blue politics, green miscellaneous needs of humanity, this white sets her eyes to the sky feeling that truth is subjective but the power of will alone must be instrumental to the nature of the source and seeks to garner power of the ancients through enlightenment compared to the browns attempts at learning from the written notes of others. Like All Aes Sedia, Sylvia seeks to further the interests of the white tower, gain power and station in its ranks, ideally direct its leaning to what she feels would further its cause more than its past history of being a watch-dog of kings, but most of all she hungers for something new. To do something not even the ancients have managed.

To create life, new life. If the dark one can do so, what happens if one that is not tainted tries? What creatures could be created by desire for life without the need to use them or for them to be fashioned for a purpose ? She dares not speak of her attempts to weave in ways she feels could do so, for fear that honesty on this issue would see further attempt banned, her own efforts of power dashed, and likely reprimanded and made an example of.  So attempts she will, and only notify the white tower of her doings if success is already managed. Even if so though, it would have to be presented in a way properly or it could all so easily backfire. For other sisters have been exiled or stilled over a lot less ...

Warder

Sir William (honorary knighthood, by the white tower not by birth )

Mundane Possessions

Great Serpent Ring (Aes Sedia Signet Ring)
  Pearl-toned Silk Dress  (worn if warm)
  Pearl-toned-Silk Hooded-Shawl (worn if sunny)
  White-velvet hooded over-robe with gold and pearl embroidery (worn if raining or windy)
  Pearl-toned (Bleached-leather) Slippers
  Pearl-toned (Bleached leather) Riding gloves and matching riding boots
  White Silk Pouch (Holding gold coins of main-trade-currencies)
  Bleached-Leather map-case (containing assorted maps of the known world)
  Bleached-Leather Scroll-case (containing blank parchment, ink and quill-set with wax-letter-seal-candle)
  Dagger (which she mainly uses as a knife when fresh fruit comes her way and little else)

White Riding Horse (Hester) .. with saddle bags containing ...

White-Winter-Furs and matching fur-boots and gloves (worn if snowing)
    Three spare sets of silk dresses
    Fixed-tooth hair-comb and Manicure kit
    Assorted Soaps
    Water (for approx 1 week)
    Horse Feed (oats) (for approx 1 week)
    Food (Assorted Dried Fruit and Nuts) (last approx 1 week)
    Assorted fresh fruit (if available)

Magical Possessions

Ter-Angrel: Entangling Tiara

Acquisition

This ancient object is well sort after and given to her by the Armylin Seat for political manoeuvrings more suited for the Blue Aja than the White. In truth what occurred was a series of fortunate events which this Aes Sedia managed to finish off sweet enough to remove all hints of the White towers involvement. In short A highly embarrassing situation with Gypsies that could have removed considerable influence elsewhere was prevented by quick thinking on this woman's behalf when confronted as a representative of the White tower personally. A small battle but much larger loss to the White Towers influence was prevented, much to the delight of the Mother who feared the difficulties such things bring.

Properties

Although the tiara is without gems its craftsmanship is exceptional for each thread of metal is on inspection made up of smaller and likewise smaller metal threads interwoven in a way only the power can manage. This elegant accessory provides some additional strength to drawing on the source but considerably less than its fame would lead one to hope for. Its true benefit which is not over-rated however is its ability to make the wearers weaves seemingly move and flow to all seeing the source in contradiction to what the wearer is actually doing.  To any that can see the source those watching the wearer weave see their threads all so tempting to be tied off, counter-woven or shielded or stilled.

Any attempting to do so would find its final and last ability appear in an unpleasant surprise, for  the artifact does create weaves of its own, which are in themselves harmless but any attempt to shield or counter-weave the wearer will result in themselves being in the position they sort to impose, even if the wearer was unaware of the attempt. Truly gifted uses of the source may have time to prevent this before its too late but will have to act feverishly to do so, an act will be known to the wearer.

One obvious flaw of this artifact is that it has to be worn and thus broadcasts its own warning to those aware of its existence. Those that do know what it can do can not see through the "illusionary" weaves for they are true weaves and the weavers own are masked, making the actual attempt at stilling or shielding no more easier. Still the tiara doesn't help with indirect attacks if ill-will is their priority. Of course for those of extreme power that can overbear the wearers weaves regardless, the tiara is of no defense.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Saerra on August 29, 2011, 09:09:08 PM
*peers at Hairy's personal text*
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain = It's time to roll the dice
That is.. very fitting!

Though 'ye' means 'I'.  You mean you think it's time to roll your dices...? *headtilts*

I thought that was what Mat had on the Bands banner?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

OldSchoolGamer

I might be interested...as long as the story stayed away from uber-characters.  Forsaken would be too powerful...but Darkfriends can come from any walk of life, and even Myrdraal would be possible.

Saerrael

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 30, 2011, 01:52:01 PM
I thought that was what Mat had on the Bands banner?

It's his battle cry. They did add it to the banner, but I don't think he was amused? *griiins*

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 30, 2011, 05:50:26 AM
*raises hand up*

I am fan of the series but quite way behind in the series (stopped reading/follow it like 4 years ago). Need re-read whole thing likely remember things.

Anyways I am not much fan of freeform or start it so late in the game. Could tempted do it d20 system as a GM/player but it is already told here you want freeform.

Just popping in and tell that yes, there are fans in here E for series :).

Well, if there a lot of people wanting to play this as a system game, I'd say to go ahead. I'd just be retracting.

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on August 30, 2011, 05:29:40 PM
I might be interested...as long as the story stayed away from uber-characters.  Forsaken would be too powerful...but Darkfriends can come from any walk of life, and even Myrdraal would be possible.

Mydraal.. Now that would be an interesting character to play.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if anyone has interest on some system based Wheel of Time game here is the link for my thread.

Kate

Saerrael

Kate

Saerrael

Aaaah.

Well, I approve *smiles*

Adonis

Would this be a smaller group game, or a larger group game? I've been looking for one of these storylines (That and something Sword of Truth based).
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Kate