Arzenal [Interest check] [mecha] [MOTD: If you've voted, please post as well]

Started by Lynnette, November 07, 2014, 03:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnette

First of all, I want to say sorry to anyone who participated in my previous game. It was a big flop, I know, and I’ve (hopefully) learned from my mistakes. I was inexperienced as a GM (And quite frankly I still am) but I have spent more time this time around planning ahead, unlike then where I was just hoping that everything would just fall together pleasantly, which it naturally did not, like anyone who participated would hopefully have noticed.

Anyways, I’m done shit-talking myself for now, for anyone who are still here, please, go ahead and read the rest of the thread :)

Game section:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
This game will be placed under NC: Human Freeform unless there is a lot of requests for the game to be moved to extreme. I don’t intend to move it any further down on the kinkiness-scale however. There will not be an active system running. Even if the game is in NC, there is no obligation to participate in NC scenes however, there will be a section in the sheet letting you select if you desire to participate in it or not, but there won’t be any rules obligating those who participate in NC to inform that their posts contain NC content either. You will see it, but you don’t have to participate in it.

Who is the RP open to?
This one is a bit hard. I originally wanted the game to be an all-female cast, but I have such little faith in single-gender games that I’ll probably allow both males of females of any sexuality. There will be a poll up top that will allow everyone to vote for what they would favor the most. The character sheets will not be available before the poll meets its deadline which will be on Wednesday (12.11.2014) and the final decision will be based on if I find the amount of females interested large enough for a game to run on it.
Be aware that if a sexuality that is not commonly seen on E participates, this is no obligation for others to adapt to this. Participants play by own preferences and if it's an uncommonly accepted sexuality (or uncommonly played with) then the fault doesn't lie with the game nor any of its participants.

Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot
The character roles will largely be in a military-type setting. Most characters (if not all) would have military roles. On the side of this though, they are mostly treated like prisoners, and the game would have a lot of the common tropes that you will see in a typical prison game; the big bad one that everyone respects but fears, the typical jailbait, cells and whatnot. This will be further explained in the settings section.

The plot will have three sections to it, which are all further explained in the Game Pacing, but here is a briefer version; The game will feature one main timeline, side timelines (Diverse character interactions that would have happened between main scenes), and combat, all of which will be located in separate threads to avoid pacing-problems. There is nothing obligating you to participate in all of them, though it’s highly recommended to at least participate in the main scenes.

The game will take place in a prison-like military outpost, with the characters being put there against their will to fight an interdimensional threat using mecha-like constructs. (Explained further in the Setting section)

Setting
The world has reached its final level, or so the news call it. All problems that the past world had; pollution, racism, sexism, differentiation, and more - All dealt with. The world is better than it has ever been before, thanks to one force. Referred to as Mana by the general public, and light by religious groups, Mana has made the flow of the world go so much better. Everyone possess it, and it makes everyday life much easier. Its possibilities are endless, and it has brought everyone to an equal level, with no-one being better with it than others. Everyone get the same premise, and it has helped creating a very even society.

However, there are a few cases where this doesn't apply. In a very limited part of the general public, children are born without Mana. Their body resist it, and if they come in contact with it, they break it. They are referred to as Norma or Normal as some might prefer to call it. They are however quickly dealt with by the police, brought away, making the populace believe that those born without Mana are sociopathic, murderous, and more. The utopia that the general public believe they live in is not as perfect as they believe it to be, but they are effectively manipulated by the politic rule.

So, what happens to Norma? The public is told that they are placed in isolation, having their body modified to accept the flow of Mana that governs in all major cities. However, this is not the case. Those that are proven to be Norma are sent away. A small island in the middle of the pacific known as Arzenal. Just a few square kilometers per floor, and with a population of roughly 500 Norma, though the numbers are constantly changed with new recruits and new deaths.

So, what does happen on the island of Arzenal? Well, the flow of Mana brought upon the world a few flaws that the politic factions would rather not have their population know of. Mana is seen as a natural resource, much like the sun. When you start messing with how it would naturally flow, focusing it on certain points, it leaves other points empty of the magic. This creates rifts, rifts of which creatures from a parallel world come through on a regular basis. Creatures that feed off humans and target them.

Which brings us back to the Norma. As they are seen lower than the empty soda can you kicked on the way to work, why not use them as a shield? Arzenal functions as a base-of-operations in keeping the number of outwardly creatures at bay. With the central pacific being one of the areas completely empty of Mana, it has become a common place for rifts to appear.

To keep these monstrosities at bay, humanity created the Paramail. You might be familiar with movies like transformers, well, it’s not very different. While I’ll not go too in-depth on the Paramail now, basically, it has two forms, one that is very reminiscent of a motorbike designed to fly, and the other being much like your average mecha. However, I’ll get further into that at a later point, when the interest has piqued.

Plot Outline
This game will be a mix of a consistent main plotline, with smaller side-events happening between characters on the side. It’ll both have a sandbox and a game-master run timeline, as well as a loosely GMed combat thread. More on this under game phasing.

Character creation info/guidelines
Each player may have as many characters as they manage to keep track off. As long as no characters are forgotten by the player, there is no limitation. I would suggest keeping it under three though, but if you can do it, feel free to pass that.
As far as how strong the characters can be, it depends a lot on rank. I will allow those whom I trust can handle it to pick higher-ranking roles, whom would naturally be more capable. Other than that though, most of the characters would be instructed, but have not participated in anything related to the plot.
The characters are split into three categories - Military, support and side.

Military characters are the ones who participate in military raids, and get their money through that. Not participating means no money, but doing well means getting a very high money-flow.

The support characters are ones that don’t participate in the military raids, and are mostly meant to be side-characters. They have a consistent wage paid into their accounts on a weekly basis, or when deserving it. Their wage is however lower than an average military character.

Finally, side-characters are for the most part to be NPCs that I will GM to make the plot move forward, but can be requested scenes with if so desired. Other players are allowed to make NPCs as well, but will have to be approved by myself or a GM.

Character sheet will become available when the interest is high enough

Required Resources
There is no required information that is not located in this thread or that isn’t explained underways. However, it would be an advantage if participants caught up with the currently running anime show Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu No Rinbu (Cross Ange: Rondo of angel and dragon) but it is no requirement whatsoever.

Game Pacing
My plan is to base the game off of parallel timelines. If the game reaches enough participants for me to decide that making it a multi-thread game is a viable idea, my plan is as following:

• One main timeline (This timeline will involve any non-sexual event happening during the time of the game)
  • One combat timeline (Constantly while all the other threads are running at their own phase, I plan on having a separate thread where there will be ongoing battles constantly, which those who participates in the game can join in on. These missions are vital for both advancing in rank and for the income of any military characters, but I’ll get back to that. All of these missions will happen back-to-back if not simultaneously, and last as long as they take. Whenever they end, each character will be rewarded based on rank and efficiency on the field)
  • Side threads (The main timeline’s location will jump around a little, one scene in an armory, another in the canteen and so forth. However, there will be plenty of other rooms featuring other locations on the base. The purpose of these is to be used for paralel timelines. What this means is that even if a character is participating in a main timeline event, you can still have sexy times in another thread, as long as there is put in a timestamp as to where this event is occurring compared to the main timeline, seeing that characters can’t be more than once. If this was hard to understand, I can answer questions more in-depth of course)
In the event of the game not reaching the quantity of participants that I’m hoping for, it will have three separate threads, those being:

Main timeline
Combat timeline
Side-event timeline

All of these will go by the same definitions as the ones above, but I’ll limit the quantity of threads. Ideally, I’d have it multi-thread, but I don’t feel it is necessary if the game doesn’t reach a decent amount of participants.

How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?
The sexual activity level is largely up to each individual. The main timeline won’t feature more than maybe a bit of molestation, sexual activity is to be kept out of the main timeline. I’ll create breaks between each GMed event to ensure that all side-events slide in easily. There is nothing stopping a participant from being in the game without even once participating in sexual activity.

Whether tagging will be used or not
There will be a tagging system, which will include name, location, and who is participating in the scene. I may or may not add more later, but for now, it’ll look like this:

Name:
Tagging:

Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level
(If/where applicable)
If you have some experience in GMing and desire to help me keeping this game alive, then please, just send me a PM explaining why you think you would be fit to be a GM in this game, and I’ll consider from there on.
Will there be a Co-GM?
There will be a Co-GM if someone with a bit of experience volunteers.
How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)?
As explained during pacing, the game will have GMed scenes running parallel with sandbox-events.
What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?
Creating new location will happen through request, but already established locations without specified information on topics that you’d like to bring up can be added freely, though if it goes against the game, I may request you to change it. If unsure, ask first.
How NPC's will be handled. (If any) - (By GM and/or players, and what expectations)
Most NPC’s will be controlled by those who make them. NPCs can be freely created as long as their information is sent in for me to be controlled first.
How active will the GM be?
My own activity level will be at a couple hours a day, usually from around 8PM to 12PM in British time.
Will there be an OOC thread? (expectations of thread usage)
Yes.
How to contact/approach GM with questions? (use OOC thread, direct PM, etc...)
Most questions are optimally asked through PMs, though can also be asked through the OOC (Once the game is created that is. Before that, all questions may be asked in the interest check)
How will decisions be resolved?   
Depends on the situation. If viable, I will make the decision. If not, a coin-flip will be used if the two parts can’t solve out a desired solution themselves.
Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)?
Yes, PvP will be allowed everywhere but in the main timeline. Be aware though, that no characters are to be killed unless the creator of said character desires for it to be killed.

Player Participation Expectations
I’d like to get at least three posts from each participant each week, with one expected post in the main timeline if all characters are gathered. Side-scenes are handled at own preferred phasing.

On a finishing note, I hope that I didn't bore you all too much, and I hope there is some interest among you all out there reading. I would also like to give credits to this thread which I used as the entire backbone for this interest check.

Also, feel free to ask questions or just talk in general :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Yukina

Angie

Oh I am totally interested. I can totally imagine playing a Starbuck (if anyone ever watched new BSG) who snarks off to authority at every turn.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

akirakaneda

it is definitely interesting and seems so wellorganized, im definitely in

Izaya Orihara

Cross Ange, hmm?
Funny, I just started watching that a couple of days ago. Though I was slightly busy, so I only watched a couple of episodes.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Lynnette

Thanks to you all for showing interest :) Just as a small note, the poll will most likely be reset close to the 12th due to the poll results not being even close to the amount of interest posted in this thread.

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on November 08, 2014, 02:58:43 AM
Cross Ange, hmm?
Funny, I just started watching that a couple of days ago. Though I was slightly busy, so I only watched a couple of episodes.

There is no need to have watched it, I'll do my best to keep all content as easily understandable as possible for those who have not caught up/are not watching the show.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

I would be interested, though I am not well verse with Mecha RP genres. T_T

I enjoy anime, but I guess when it comes to big machinery and piloting, that is two different things.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Lynnette

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 08, 2014, 08:24:34 AM
I would be interested, though I am not well verse with Mecha RP genres. T_T

I enjoy anime, but I guess when it comes to big machinery and piloting, that is two different things.

Well, there is no obligation to participate in the combat scenes :) There are alternatives, they can be talked out in more depth if you so desire :) most of machinery, you can usually freely bullshit, it's not like anyone can prove anything you say as wrong unless you say that they run on candy canes and used sweatpants.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

Well what kind of mechs? Cause, I am not sure if the anime itself is airing on crunchyroll. >.> And that is usually only place I can watch most of mine on console, cause labtop really sucks streaming anime.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Lynnette

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 08, 2014, 08:35:34 AM
Well what kind of mechs? Cause, I am not sure if the anime itself is airing on crunchyroll. >.> And that is usually only place I can watch most of mine on console, cause labtop really sucks streaming anime.

I  briefly mentioned it at the end of the Setting section, but just to explain quickly, I'll just borrow some images from the wiki, though it's essentially transformers but planes.

As a brief explanation (Which will be further added to in the final product) the last image is the common way of use, as it is more agile, easier to control. It's basically the form one would use to aim in for a shot. It's not very combat oriented, and it's very hard to aim properly in, which is why one would switch over to the second form, the one actually resembling a mech, to aim shots and whatnot. This form is however very hard to maneuver, and the fuel consumption is quite high, so it's a bit like how you would work on a normal battlefield - Crouch and wait for something to be in your range, then stand up and fire.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lynnette

Edited title a little to see if any of those whom have voted are actually interested or not.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

AidenWhite

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Lynnette

I'm a bit split if I'm going to start this off or not, though I guess I'll be putting up a character sheet soon. Hopefully more people will join while sheets are being submitted.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

AidenWhite

Hmm, what I don't understand is why there are more votes than posts from different people?
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Lynnette

Quote from: AidenWhite on November 13, 2014, 01:10:59 PM
Hmm, what I don't understand is why there are more votes than posts from different people?

That is extremely easy to answer - People vote without even wanting to participate. They open it up, look at the poll, answer, then maybe look over the game, decide they are not interested, then leave.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Yukina

I will be retracting my interest. I have too many rps at the moment.

Charlemagne

I couldn't vote, since it was closed, but I woulda voted for the third option. And, I am of course interested.

ShanaTheIV

I'm game. Finally got my laptop fixed so everything such be (mostly) back to normal.