Anyone else on here have a love for horror movies?

Started by EnchantedDream218, November 06, 2018, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnchantedDream218

I've been watching horror movies since I was younger. My first horror movie was Night Of The Living Dead at age eight. Since than I've been loving horror movies. I even check out cheesy movies that out at the theaters. If I'm not able to check them out, I'll watch them at home. The last horror movie I saw in the theater was Hell Fest which was a slaher horror movies and the new Halloween 2018 and I enjoyed both of them.

Hell Fest reminded me of the old slasher horror movie from the 80's called The Funhouse.

I even love listening to horror movie scores and I've been collecting scores of my favorites. The last one I bought was IT. The record plays wonderfully on my record player. The reason I decided to put this up is because it's so hard to find others who have a love for horror and I always wanted to chat with people who had a love for them.

Track From the Movie Hell Fest, I enjoyed the soundtrack of this film. It was very enjoyable!! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFf7VaVOFco&index=3&list=PLohYzz4btpaR3oTCfODNtdS_xPak7_nsn

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Love And Submission

They made a new Tremors which I kinda want to see. I had no idea it was out until yesterday.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

EnchantedDream218

Quote from: Love And Submission on November 06, 2018, 09:29:16 PM
They made a new Tremors which I kinda want to see. I had no idea it was out until yesterday.

Oh wow, a new Tremors? I bet that be exciting to see!!

By the way, your default image is great! I love it!!

My List=)

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." ~Francois de La Rochefoucauld

RedRose

I luv horror movies. Not all, not the cheesy ones (unless maybe SO cheesy they're actually cute?), not the mindless ones, but yeah.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Rinzler

I still have a fond spot for the old Clive Barker horrors: Hellraiser, Hellbound (but not you sequels which turned Pinhead and the Cenobites into self-parodies - no, not you) and Nightbreed. Nightbreed is a rare and wonderful thing indeed - a genuine horror-adventure.

Saying this, I'm aware of the flaws in these films, particularly the rough edges of Hellraiser & Hellbound. But still - the moments: No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering. And Christopher Young's soundtrack - basically, holy shit.

Hellraiser is one of the few films I'd like to see remade, especially if they go balls-to-the-wall and base it a lot more on the original novella, The Hellbound Heart, where we have androgynous Cenobites with a distinctly female aura; one of them even gets shagged (on a pile of severed heads, if memory serves) by Frank. It'd probably mean the fantastic Doug Bradley would be out of the picture, but damn - Hellraiser was one film that didn't mess around, so I say up that ante to the nth degree.

Despairs

I like Horror. The SAW series was nice as was Friday the thirteen and The Exorcist.
---> Click here to visit current request thread for pairings with plots as well as ons and offs.<---
Note: Strictly  homosexual pairings as the main focus in stories bore me, however I am fine with it as side pairings as long as I write for the males  in a relationship with each other, or the two  males involved with each other and the female in a polyamory relationship.

Status: May be slow in replying to messages due to online Uni and job hunting.

Uni graduation: 8/24/25.

Nico

I love horror. Of the psychological side, though.

Mathim

I love a lot of Wes Craven's filmography. The Hills Have Eyes (and remakes), The People Under the Stairs, and the dreadfully underrated first two Wishmaster movies.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

HellishLilDaddy

The original Friday the thirteenth, Texas chainsaw massacre and Little shop of horrors. Invasion of the body snatchers what also a good horror movie and Night of the living dead, the original was amazing.

RedPhoenix

Oh me! I love horror movies. I love being scared. Good horror movies make me scream and hide my face lol, I don't know why I love it so much I just do. :)

My favorite horror movie is The Ring. The mix of slow-build psychological horror and supernatural elements really just does it for me. Also Naomi Watts is just spectacular in that movie.

The Ring Spoilers

There's the "fake happy ending" that they do when they think they've put the little girl's spirit to rest and then the kid looks at his mom and says "No don't you understand, she never sleeps." That's when I was like "yassssssssssss" and the friend i was watching it with gave me that 'why does that make you so happy' look lol.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Darkcide

I love horror, I was watching Hereditary last night. It was my second time seeing it, since I did catch it in theaters. Dug it a lot. Got some Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist vibes from it, while it was still its' own thing.

ladybee

I have a love/hate. I absolutely hate watching them because I'm a huge wimp but I always seem to enjoy them after the fact.

I still remember being terrified by `The Birds` when I was little!
Just a silly Roleplayer

Nico

Quote from: ladybee on December 02, 2018, 02:52:34 AM

I still remember being terrified by `The Birds` when I was little!

As a huge Hitchcock fan, I absolutely adore this movie.

Also, I just recently re-watched Angel Heart. OMG I love that movie.

Tolvo

Quote from: Love And Submission on November 06, 2018, 09:29:16 PM
Oh god, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell. It is, amazing. It is so poorly made it is amazing. It takes place in the frozen mountains of Canada, but is shot mostly in South Africa. The snow scenes(Which are only in the start) are actually shot in a desert with a blue filter to make it look like snow. It is really bad, but pretty hilarious. I highly recommend it.

Kinghex

I've never focused exclusively on horror films, but I love them. I've always enjoyed it as a uniquely controversial genre. The need to openly include vulgarities excludes it from protection. For the risk alone, I appreciate the contributions.

To list some I like: Battle Royale, Saw (the first only), It Follows, The Babadook, Carrie, It, A Quiet Place, Susperia (the old one), Martyrs (also the old one), Hellraiser, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Tomie, Perfect Blue, Tetsuo the Iron Man, and Audition.

To list some I know and like for the comedy: Motel Hell, The Stuff, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Monkey Shines, Troll 2, and The Woods.

As a notable mention, sitting down with a classic episode of The Outer Limits is almost always a good time. They're not films, but some episodes may as well be.