News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Serenity based game

Started by CaptainErotica, February 28, 2007, 01:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goblinmoon

I'm not a huge fan of the Serenity system honestly having played it in Table top...  Still... Oh I do have another character that I made for another Serenity game... she was basically an early edition of River.  Not near so deadly.  Built more as a spy... think La Femme Nikita crossed with River. 

CaptainErotica

Hi Max. If you want to try and restart your game, that would be great. I'd even join as a player. If not I'l lgo ahead and work on campaign details and see about getting a new one started up.

RubySlippers

I was thinking why do a Companion I was thinking an ex-Companion student turned whore and maybe runs a few girls off of the ship. A flying whorhouse. lol

Max

Hm, had some ideas for the last campaign, but not so sure I can use them now, as they were dependent on a few of the characters.  But, think I can manage something.   The first adventure I had in mind was the PCs do a favor for a retiring ship captain, who signs the ship over as payment.  Probably would include some combat.  Ok, considering I got the idea from the Magnificent Seven, a lot.  Will have to think about that.

As for particulars.  I would be using the Serenity system, characters would be made on the Veteran heroic levels.  Sorry, but don't feel comfortable using a free form game.  The game would not be using members of the Serenity crew, but would allow characters from the series to be used, with permission.  The game would be set during the same time as the series, just not exactly sure when.   

Oh, I don't have the rules on PDF.  I can try and help out with any questions you may have, but can't send out the PDF.

Lets see if I am getting some of the character ideas down right.  RogueJedi-pilot.  CherriTart-someone like Zoe.  Goblinmoon-mechanic or reader.  MechanicalImpulses-crazy but innocent?  RubySlippers-Companion or something like that.  I know others expressed an interest, and are welcome to play, but not sure if they had a character idea yet.

Oh, one other thing.  Will be working this weekend, so doubt I will be able to get much done.  Three 12 hours days is a drag.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

RogueJedi

I want to be a Kaylee-like pilot.  Though of course with some crazy piloting idiosyncracies.  One of my favorite parts of the movie was actually the gag reel when Wash just got up and left the cockpit thanks to all the back starship drivers.

Max

Quote from: RogueJedi on March 08, 2007, 01:20:35 PM
I want to be a Kaylee-like pilot.  Though of course with some crazy piloting idiosyncracies.  One of my favorite parts of the movie was actually the gag reel when Wash just got up and left the cockpit thanks to all the back starship drivers.

Haven't watched that in a while, but didn't he take the seat with him when he left?

Ons and offs:

Swedish Steel

Hehe, I seem to recall something like that.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

RogueJedi

Yes, I remember that he did take the seat.  I loved Wash. *sniffles*

CaptainErotica

No the best one is in the pilot episode(I think) when Wash is flying the ship, without a yoke. Somehow it made into post production, and if most of us are like me I didn't even notice it until I watched it with commentary.
   I'd probably shoot for the Captain spot, or a Jayne tpe character. Also if anyone wants a copy of the rules i can send you a PDF via Yahoo or MSN.

Max

Cool, I would rather not have the Captain be a NPC.  And that was a good scene.

Ons and offs:

Goblinmoon

mmmm I like my covert ops version of River, but I'm kinda playing her in a different game, so I'll say I'll run the mechanic.  She half korean-half chinese, and grew up in a garage, where her family runs a ship repair shop on one of the bigger planets.

Seereous

Loved Serenity and Firefly.  Bought the Firefly box set when it first came out.  Looooooong time before the movie.

Cherri Tart

i think i'm bowing out of this one... i just don't enjoy system based games - it takes the fun out of it for me having to learn a system and worrying more about that then the game - had it been freeform, i'd be in, but i probably am involved in too much as it is, so maybe it's for the best :)  Good luck and have fun everyone - say hello to Captain Tightpants for me *Grin*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Swedish Steel

Has it been established that a system will be used though? I just wanted the book for my own amusement.

On Off page:

Cherri Tart

Max said he'd be running it on a system, and i assume he's taking over the game, from what his post read?  systems scare me - sort of like spiders *grin*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Suzaku

But Cheri using systems makes you naughty and you know what happens to naughty girls  ;). Well anyways I have never watched Serenity or firefly so can anyone fill me in. (I been told it's like live action cowboy beebop)

Swedish Steel

Oh. For some reason I thought this was the cartoon game when I posted, imagine that. :)
*what Cherri doesn't realise is that I've just lured her into a system game. Shhh, you can all keep a secret, right? ;)*

On Off page:

CaptainErotica

It is a space opera with heavy western flavor. Unlike most of the otehr Sci-Fi shows there are no aliens, and hight tech lasers/blaster(well maybe a few but they are extremely rare) The main ship, Serenity doesn't even have any guns. I for one think that was part of what made ther show good, but what made it great were the characters. It is very character driven. I'd highly recomend at least renting Serenity, or even better pick up the DVD for Firefly. The show was much better than the movie, but that was to be expected I reckon.

**Edited for Gin...I guess i should start using a spell check again**

Swedish Steel

No gin on the ship? Then deal me out!

On Off page:

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Suzaku on March 09, 2007, 10:58:26 AM
But Cheri using systems makes you naughty and you know what happens to naughty girls  ;). Well anyways I have never watched Serenity or firefly so can anyone fill me in. (I been told it's like live action cowboy beebop)

*blinks* how does using systems make you naughty?  (and yes, i DO know what happens to naughty girls... first hand ;))

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Swedish Steel on March 09, 2007, 10:59:13 AM
Oh. For some reason I thought this was the cartoon game when I posted, imagine that. :)
*what Cherri doesn't realise is that I've just lured her into a system game. Shhh, you can all keep a secret, right? ;)*

wait a minute... what system game... *looks worried*  not the one without ninjas, is it? 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Suzaku

Quote from: Cherri Tart on March 09, 2007, 11:25:00 AM
wait a minute... what system game... *looks worried*  not the one without ninjas, is it? 
I think it had a bunch of cartoon characters in it...

Cherri Tart

oh! lol - that one! well... it's easy... i mean, there's not like 6 million stats and feats and skills and you don't have to sit there with a caculator trying to figure out if you can hit something with your sword or all that nonsense :)  besides, what other game will let you carry a mini fridge full of beer around in your trousers? =)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Swedish Steel

Well, that wasn't the one I was talking about. Nice save though!

On Off page:

Max

Sorry if you decide to bow out Cherri.  Take a look at the other game, I put a synopsis of the rules there.  If you decide it is not for you, then it is okay. 

Can everyone who is still interested let me know?  Would like to get a count of who is in or not.  And, if you have an idea for a character, let me know, okay?  Doesn't have to be statted out, just a simple, "pilot", or "ex-Alliance soldier turned gunfighter," or some such.  And no, doesn't have to be Alliance or Browncoat.

Ons and offs: