Upcoming games YOU are excited about.

Started by Sel Nar, July 17, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

And for those of you who want to know what Remember Me is here's a couple of videos:

The release:

Remember Me - Announcement_Trailer

Gameplay:

Remember Me - Memory Remix Gameplay

All I have to say is:

I LOVE ME SOME CYBERPUNK!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Driskoll

I've seen it mentioned here a few times already, but I'd say the one I'm waiting for most is Dishonored. I really want to try and go through the entire game without killing anyone like the devs keep talking about, though I get the feeling that will probably be frustrating at times. I'm kinda disappointed to hear that it won't be completely sandbox, but it'll still be good (I hope).

Even though I won't be able to play it, I'm pretty excited for War of the Roses too. I think there will be at least a few commentators uploading their gameplay, and who doesn't want to see 15th century PvP action?

War of the Roses Gameplay Trailer [HD]

Shjade

<-- this guy. PvP not usually my thing.

Looking at the trailer, I take it War of the Roses is either a new game from the same folks who made the Mount & Blade series, or it's an obvious ripoff of same?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Galactic Druid

'Remember Me' is now totally on my watch list. Not even kidding.

You guys can laugh at me all you want for this, but there is nothing, NOTHING I am more excited about at all than the Ratchet and Clank HD Collection coming out next week. I love that series more than anyone should love anything, and replaying the old ones in a format that won't look like crap on my TV will be awesome. Up Your Arsenol was one of the best games of all time, in my humble opinion. (Going Commando was amazing too.)
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

DarkSideofThinking

there are three games I'm really looking forward too. First is the sequel to Starcraft 2 - Wings of Liberty named Heart of the swarm. Also I'm curious about AC 3 playing in the US besides Washington etc.
And the 3rd game is Two Souls (I think that is the name) which is made by the same people who did Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain. Both were exceptionally good. Heavy Rain was just like a detective movie or maybe even thriller-like but you could play it instead of just watching and I think this game will be as good...or so I hope :)

Hemingway

Also, Halo 4. From what I read about it, it has real potential.

gaggedLouise

I've been intrigued about Nuclear Dawn ever since I first heard about it on demo stage in a gaming magazine five years ago. It's taken an eternity to become a finished title but now it has finally arrived. I'm not really much of a hardcore video gamer, so I'll have some training to do before getting started on ND, but I'd be very intersted in taking it on in time. It sounds both stylish, raw, atmospheric and unique. Anyone here played it?

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lady Quixote

So got back from GenCon recently and would have to say Relic by Fantasy Flight games looks pretty good.  If you've ever played the game Talisman (which is awesome) it's pretty much Talisman in the Warhammer 40K universe.

Also looking forward to Borderlands 2.

Finally in the Cautiously optimistic catagory, DnD Next might be a boon for RP games, the base rules take us back to 2nd edition combat (no battle mat, no AOO's) with some things from Pathfinder and 4e thrown in (Cantrips and Oresans are there for Wizards and Clerics but are on par with 4e's At-Will powers in strength).

Matt

Hemingway

New Metal Gear Solid unveiled. Apparently has Big Boss.

Hnghhhhhhhhhngnnghhhhh. Gimme! NOW!

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hemingway on August 30, 2012, 05:04:00 PM
New Metal Gear Solid unveiled. Apparently has Big Boss.

Hnghhhhhhhhhngnnghhhhh. Gimme! NOW!

Snake Eater had Big Boss too, didn't it?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 30, 2012, 09:10:15 PM
Snake Eater had Big Boss too, didn't it?

Yeah. And also in Portable Ops and Peace Walker.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hemingway on August 31, 2012, 07:39:37 AM
Yeah. And also in Portable Ops and Peace Walker.
OK then.  And honestly, after the way Solid went out (or so I was told, I stopped playing after 2) in the last game he was in, it would cheapen his exit if they brought him back.  Unless they clone him...

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 31, 2012, 02:01:50 PM
OK then.  And honestly, after the way Solid went out (or so I was told, I stopped playing after 2) in the last game he was in, it would cheapen his exit if they brought him back.  Unless they clone him...

My thoughts exactly. A game with Solid Snake would have to be a prequel or an interquel. The same is, strictly speaking, true of a game with Big Boss, in the sense that the story has ended and all. But a continuation to the Big Boss storyline of Big Boss after Peace Walker, well, that's more than welcome. The only game that could beat that would be a game wherein you played as The Boss during WW2.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Hemingway on August 31, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
My thoughts exactly. A game with Solid Snake would have to be a prequel or an interquel. The same is, strictly speaking, true of a game with Big Boss, in the sense that the story has ended and all. But a continuation to the Big Boss storyline of Big Boss after Peace Walker, well, that's more than welcome. The only game that could beat that would be a game wherein you played as The Boss during WW2.

Again, showing ignorance, but unlike Solid's story, BB's was never fully told, right?

Hemingway

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 01, 2012, 12:58:58 AM
Again, showing ignorance, but unlike Solid's story, BB's was never fully told, right?

It depends on what you mean by fully. Snake Eater is basically his origin story, and there really isn't a lot that isn't known through conversations and such. Or through the games. There's still a lot that could bear to be depicted in an actual game, though. The internet is full of speculation as to what exactly, but ... I just spent about two hours searching for clues and information, so ... I think I might stop before I get completely carried away. XD

SinXAzgard21

Fifteen days and I get to pick up this and it is one of five in my area.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Stannous

Mists of Pandaria (WoW is a fine game; there's a reason it has over ten million players)
PlanetSide 2 (most anticipated game for me, ever, and I'm in the beta right now!)

RecklessRapscallion

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction

CalypsoNymph

I gotta say, I'm looking forward to Persona 4: The Golden, Mugen Souls, and The Witch and the Hundred Knights.  I... tend to like games from Japan.  ^^;

I'm into transformations (mental and physical), gender bending (preferably male to female), mind control, forced impulses, love, wants/desires, etc. etc. etc., and being the sub... though I am learning to be a cruel Dom.  ;D  If you're interested in any of this, either PM me or take a look through my ons and offs or my cravings, and then PM me!  ;D

Chris Brady

The Witch and Hundred Knights!  Another game I want!  Right!  I forgot about it.  Thanks, CalypsoNymph.

SinXAzgard21

I'm a huge fan of Nippon Ichi so I will probably be picking up The Witch and Hundred Knights.

Chris Brady

Me too, I have all the Disgaea games except the last one, and I'm working on getting it.  I also have a PS2 game I should be playing, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters, I'll finish it, cuz it's just awesome.  And amazingly dark.

Raen234

My current list is quite large for games im looking forward to, ah so many interesting stories, so little time.

Bioshock Infinite
Halo4
Assassins Creed 3
Dishonored
Watch Dogs
Remember Me
XCOM Enemy Unknown

To name a few
Wheaton's Law - Dont be a dick My O/Os

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 05, 2012, 03:06:15 AM
Me too, I have all the Disgaea games except the last one, and I'm working on getting it.  I also have a PS2 game I should be playing, Soul Nomad and The World Eaters, I'll finish it, cuz it's just awesome.  And amazingly dark.

I just read up on Soul Nomad... think I'll go download it.