News:

Main Menu

Riddle

Started by Kenshin, August 17, 2012, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenshin

Think fast: There's an electric train traveling south. The wind is from the north-west. In which direction would the smoke from the train be blowing?

BrokenShards

Is the train on fire? If not, then their wouldn't be any.
Ready to write when someone requires.

Mr Bigglesworth

Perhaps if the conductor has climbed onto the top of the engine for his smoke break.

BrokenShards

Or it's an electric train carrying smoke machines to the annual smoke machine convention and the people in charge of the machines have decided to test them all at once.

Love And Submission

No way. The train has clearly been derailed and thrown down on the city of Tokyo by Godzilla hours ago.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Mr Bigglesworth

So Tokyo is now littered with running smoke machines?  Which way is the smoke travelling now?

BrokenShards

I think, like the train, we have derailed from the initial post.

Also if Godzilla is involved, we are only a few celebrities away from the ultimate showdown. 

chivalrousdeviant

I have Batman's and Chuck Norris's numbers, lets get this thing set up. :D

Also, if no one minds, I'm going to post another riddle. :)

We are all very little creatures; all of us have different features.  One of us in glass is set; one of us you’ll find in jet.  Another you may see in tin, and a fourth is boxed within.  If the fifth you should pursue, it can never fly from you.  What are we?

“I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.”  - Neil Gaiman

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

chivalrousdeviant

Yep! :)

Here, have another.

I pass before the sun but make no shadow.  What am I?

“I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.”  - Neil Gaiman

BrokenShards

chivalrousdeviant

Not technically, although you could argue it! I'd say no, because it comes from the sun rather than passing before it. :) The answer I was thinking of was wind. :)

LordHarketh193

Quote from: Kenshin on August 17, 2012, 02:16:55 PM
Think fast: There's an electric train traveling south. The wind is from the north-west. In which direction would the smoke from the train be blowing?

East?

I'm small but i can survive in the desert.
I'm like the desert ground and I'm a carnivore but if need be I'll eat vegetation.
What am i?

Daoine Sidhe

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]
Entice Me (O/O) | Engage Me (RPs) | Find Me (A/A) | Play with Me (Ideas)
Actively seeking good RP partners.

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

LordHarketh193

nope.
think bigger but not too big.

Daoine Sidhe

The runt of a giant scorpion litter?
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

LordHarketh193

nope, do you give in?

Oniya

Coyote?  I've heard that they'll raid for watermelons.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

LordHarketh193

nope.

here's a hint.

"I'm small but i can survive in the desert.
I'm like the desert ground and I'm a carnivore but if need be I'll eat vegetation.
What am i?"

Small.
Desert animal.
Carnivore and herbivore.
Blends in well with surroundings.

Oniya

Daoine Sidhe

I'm standing by my giant scorpion runt.  I say he's good enough.  Also, fairly cute.  You know... minus the giant venomous stinger.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]

LordHarketh193

haha XD

yer scorpians are cute but thats not it.

Here's another hint.

Big ears.
Covered in fur.

Oniya

I think you missed my post.   :-(

LordHarketh193

no but i don't speak latin so i dunno what you put.

Daoine Sidhe

Coyote?  Pretty sure they only eat meat, though...  Vulpes is fox-related.  So... I'm guessing a desert fox?  (Yes, I'm cheating off of Lady Oniya's answer, since I don't want to look it up.)

P.S.  I really like the word "vulpine."  It sounds so sexy.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td]

I honor the Oath.
[/td][/tr][/table]