News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Vampire The Masquerade - Interest Check

Started by Erato, April 24, 2012, 05:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erato

I've had quite a few people ask me about doing a VtM RP. So many that it occured to me to see if I could put together a sort of team using the different clans. Everything is open - Brujah, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue, Lasombra, Tzimisce, Assamite, Followers of Set, Gangrel, Giovanni and Ravnos.

I don't think it's a good idea to exceed more than say 5 players but your choice of clan, sire, background, etc. is open to you. If you wanted to play as a werewolf or mage it may be possible, but tricky. We will have to discuss.

I have some ideas for plot, a way of making the clans we pick to play become allies at least for the time being.

If you're interested post about your character, detail is appreciated.

Thanks!
In the game of chess the Queen protects the King.

eBadger

I'm interested, will have a character for you tonight, tomorrow latest. 

What kink level are you planning to set this at?

Erato

I don't want it turning into a full on orgy at any point, it will be plot driven, but if sex makes sense between characters go for it; I just don't want it to be the focus.

When it doubt pm the person who you'd like your character to hook up with and see what their comfort level is. Just no hijacking the story with too many adult scenes. :)

RubySlippers

Noely Zdunczyk

Clan: Setite

Concept: Busker Extraordinaire

A young member of her clan she avoids the politicing in fact she is not the most faithful thinking most of her clan are zealots, and simply kept doing what she enjoys street performing doing many sorts of things to amuse and enthrall the passers by. Naturally with the clan weakness she works at night but her Sire did help her set-up a modest investment package over her decades as her Sires apprentice before she was killed by a rival that is. Its not all bad though she has no clan leaders breathing down her neck, is not in a clan in the Camarilla but is loyal to the sect and traditions. In fact the only major issue to her is not being an issue for anyone in power and playing the game of the immortal vampires well enough to get by. Her Sire will not have been in the clan system likely one of the independent types of the clan but not IN the clan likely why one of them found her and killed her, likely an old rivalry.

Merits: Being late Generation likely Blush of Health and Eat Food but won't go overboard but a clan one like Addictive Blood is possible OR Code of Honor (the seven traditions).

Flaws: Selective Digestion, a Clan Weakness (Scales 1 Pt., a row down her spine of scales of a serpent), 14th Generation (they can have a clan just their blood is a bit weaker blood pool wise its 8 not 10)

Attributes
Physical - Primary (will be fit)
Social- Secondary (good looking and not be to good looking, pleasant company someone noticeable but won't be standing out anywhere to much that can be bad)
Mental - Teritary (average)

Abilities
Talents - Primary (one dot in each with streetwise high and maybe Alertness)
Skills - Secondary (Performance will be 3 Dots for sure)
Knowedges - Teritary (a few sensible areas its not her strong area)

Advantages
Backgrounds - Mentor 2 Dots (local elder), Resources 2 Dots, Herd 1 Dot
Disciplines - Obfuscate 1 Dot, Presence 1 Dot, Serpentis 1 Dot
Virtues - Conscience 2 Dots, Self-Control 4 Dots, Courage 3 Dots

Freebie Points - Likely add to Performance 1 Dot (is a street performer in a variety of mediums), Raise one Social Attribute to 3 Dots for each at that level, more backgrounds and tweak virtues and willpower.

My idea she is your typical vampire just trying to get by and well tries to be useful in her case will likely have ample street contacts for example.

eBadger

Quote from: porcelainblue on April 24, 2012, 11:02:31 PM
I don't want it turning into a full on orgy at any point, it will be plot driven, but if sex makes sense between characters go for it; I just don't want it to be the focus.

When it doubt pm the person who you'd like your character to hook up with and see what their comfort level is. Just no hijacking the story with too many adult scenes. :)

Oh, absolutely; I tend to prefer to start a secondary thread for anything lengthy anyways.  But I meant more along the lines of which forum will this be in?  Extreme/Exotic/etc?

Erato

Awesome RubySlippers! Thanks for the level of detail. :)

I should note that I don't want to be overly strict. I'm not using sheets, just happy if everyone is willing to stick to their clan's strengths and weaknesses, generations, etc. I don't want anyone giving themselves a God complex by being a fourth, fifth or sixth generation. This has to be a challenge and a group effort.

I do want to invite others who enjoy playing as a vampire and just haven't played VtM. Wiki can give them enough info. about their clan's to get by and I can help them out with their characters if need be. This is a collaborate effort so no angst ridden characters (they'll all dark - they were turned into vampires - but there needs to be more to their personality than that) that are going to play hard to get, or want to go off on their own. It's about sharing people!

I'll see what the interest is before I start putting up any restrictions. Always open to ideas/suggestions!

RubySlippers

Well mine has a few interesting points and would be your typical handy due to hanging around on the streets performing and well is socially competant. Likely her mentor will be a Brujah that likes having her around the turf and she is a Decent Lick.

I still want to flush her out some however I like numbers and know what she can do well and not so well.

Erato

Quote from: eBadger on April 24, 2012, 11:17:33 PM
Oh, absolutely; I tend to prefer to start a secondary thread for anything lengthy anyways.  But I meant more along the lines of which forum will this be in?  Extreme/Exotic/etc?

Oh, I see. Hmm, I'm thinking Light: Exotic Small Groups but am open to changing it up depending on group consensus.

Xenolord

Jiselle Dubois

Clan: Malkavian

Jiselle is your "typical", "Run of the Mill" Malkavian Vampire. Although fairly young, she has survived by her sheer ability to confuse the crap out of anyone she deals with. She has messy, medium-length blonde hair and green eyes, and usually wears a white, flowing dress. She, like the rest of her clan, suffer from a Dementation; hers being fairly mild as far as Dementations go. If you can understand half of what Jiselle is saying, you've already gained her as a friend.

Merits: Firearms proficiency (Centered around assault weapons and shotguns)

Flaws: Grip of the Damned (Forced to cover the mouth of anyone she feeds off of, because they scream. A lot. For a long time. Very loudly.) Dementation: Scatter Speech (Jiselle has some... interesting ways of wording things.) Clan Hatred: Toreador (Jiselle cannot stand Torries. AT ALL.) Selective Feeder: Women (Jiselle doesn't like feeding off men.)

Attributes
Physical - Secondary (She's okay, but not a melee user.)
Social- Tertiary (It's hard to understand her sometimes.)
Mental - Primary (MIND GAMES GALORE!)

Abilities
Talents - Seductive (Once you get past her scatter speech, she can say some things to tickle parts you didn't know you had.)
Skills - Lockpicking (She loves twisting the metal nubs of the door's special place in just the right way for things to swing wide open)
Knowledges - Computers (She can use on... but not very well. She often spends twenty minutes looking for the "Any" key.)

Advantages
Backgrounds - (I dunno what I should put here.)
Disciplines - Dementation, Celerity
Virtues - (I dunno what I should put here.)
Freebie Points - Gonna say throw another onto Mental.

I know there's something wrong here, so lemme know. Kinda... hijacked Slippers' character sheet. >.>

Erato

Glad to have you on board XenoLord! :) Looking forward to the Malk madness.

Bloody Rose

I wanted to start one up using character sheets but you did it first :) I guess I will start another WoD rp if I can think of something. Good luck!.

RubySlippers

It was not a character sheet it was a concept sheet, I planned to do a full character sheet proper. I like hard numbers and levels of things.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BenedictWolfe

I absolutely want to be part of this. What are you concerns about characters? Age? Power? Bloodline? Whether or not they can safely interact with mortals?

Erato

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on April 25, 2012, 12:49:59 PM
I absolutely want to be part of this. What are you concerns about characters? Age? Power? Bloodline? Whether or not they can safely interact with mortals?

My only concerns are an imbalance amongst the group. No invincible characters.

No restrictions on age but please don't go higher than say seventh gen. I don't think it's a good idea to have a lot of Methuselahs running around and making it too easy. This will be set in the modern world so there wouldn't be a lot of them anyway.

If you want a newly sired character, or perhaps to start out human and become sired by another character, it would make sense for your vampire to have difficulty controlling themselves around mortals. It's up to you. If you can reason it then ok.

BenedictWolfe

Quote from: porcelainblue on April 25, 2012, 02:30:22 PM
If you want a newly sired character, or perhaps to start out human and become sired by another character, it would make sense for your vampire to have difficulty controlling themselves around mortals. It's up to you. If you can reason it then ok.

Well, I don't think newly sired Kindred have a problem controlling themselves around mortals, but what I meant was if our characters are required to be able to pass for humans? I was mostly concerned for a Gargoyle character of mine, though I'm not sure I will be using him.

Can you specify what year and in what place you wish set the RP?

RubySlippers

Well as long as a vampire is well fed its usually not an issue and for most Licks and ones like Nosferatu have their ways.

Lisa2lady

I am intrested if the your are still accepting players

Erato

Quote from: BenedictWolfe on April 25, 2012, 02:51:41 PM
Well, I don't think newly sired Kindred have a problem controlling themselves around mortals, but what I meant was if our characters are required to be able to pass for humans? I was mostly concerned for a Gargoyle character of mine, though I'm not sure I will be using him.

Can you specify what year and in what place you wish set the RP?

I meant in reference to your/a specific character. You can give them personal weaknesses such as that. Newly sired vampires may have a problem controlling themselves when feeding. Stopping before killing, etc. My point is to be creative. If you can justify it than I'm okay with it.

Gargoyles are a bloodline created by the Tremere as servitors, they're technically not a Tremere bloodline so I wasn't planning on including them.

Erato

As for setting, I am planning on the current year as is. Location will be determined by the characters and their backgrounds. So far only two people have given any detail on their characters.

Once enough characters are put forward, I want to ask that every character should have a secret that no one is supposed to know, an enemy/rival person(s) and a desire/fascination that for their own reasons remains private. PM these to me, do not share them with each other at least for the time being, as I plan to develop a more complex story using the character's back stories. I will message back to clarify details and ask questions as needed.

Erato

Quote from: Lisa2lady on April 25, 2012, 03:15:14 PM
I am intrested if the your are still accepting players

Tell me about your character. :)

BenedictWolfe

This is just a quick little placeholder. More to come.

Name: Sidney Villerot
DoB: 1949-10-11
DoE: 1987-12-13
PoB: United States - Connecticut - New London
Height: 5'9
Weight: 167 lbs
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Clan: Tremere
Generation: 13
Sect: Anarch
Sire: ?
Path: Humanity (6)
Nature: Capitalist
Demeanor: Rebel

Flaws:
Double Betrayer +4

Disciplines:
Path of the Father's Vengeance
1 Zillah's Litany
2 The Crone's Pride
3 Feast of Ashes

Mastery of the Mortal Shell
1 Vertigo
2 Contortion

Auspex
1 Heightened Senses
2 Aura Perception

errantwandering

I'd love to play if you'll have me.

Name: Alayne Inrtis
DOB: 15 March 1982
DOE: 31 October 2010
Clan: Malkavian
Discipline: Auspex, Dementation

Alayne is newly Embraced, but he has quickly learned the ropes of what it means to be one of the Kindred.  The life of a vampire was a bit difficult to get used to at first, unable to see himself in mirrors, repulsed by garlic to the point of nausea, unable to cross running water, repelled by crosses....  Still, the life is not without its perks.  He may not be able to entrance people with his eyes just yet, and his attempts to turn into a bat have proved...disheartening so far, but it's only a matter of time.  Until his body finishes its full transition into full vampiredom, he gets buy as a broker of information.  Everyone has secrets, be they human, vampire, or the wolves that stubbornly refuse to talk with him.  Those whispers in the dark have value when whispered in the right ear, and he makes it his business to be the one whispering.

The rest of the character is still formulating in my mind, but that's a fairly rough sketch of his dementia and basic persona.  I'll update in a bit if your game has room for me.

Xenolord

WOOO! Malkavs unite! *Brofists Errantwandering*

AndyZ

Trying to think of a decent idea, but all my fav clans have already been taken.

If people want, though, and if the ST would be cool with it, I could consider playing out the occasional NPC mortal victim.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.