A lonely dying world(seeking F)

Started by Blueduck4000, May 10, 2011, 07:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueduck4000

I imagine two characters set in a post apocalyptic future. The world isn't populated with wild bikers and barbarian gangs although there are small groups of nomads and random communities.This world is mostly dead one could go a year with out seeing another person and when they do they are usually too hungry and exhausted to be any threat, with a few exceptions. One of the characters is a young woman one of the last people born in this world. Its very rare to come across someone her age. She has lived alone for the past 5 years in a place where she has had a somewhat comfortable life with food and water readily availble. As a result she's built a fantasy world around herself. This fantasy world gives her hope for the future and keeps her going. Enter our other character. He is in his late thirties or mid forties. He thinks of nothing but survival and will kill, steal and destroy anything to survive. He feels nothing. When he meets our young lady he sees her not as a person but just another thing to help him survive. As they interact she brings long buried feelings out in him both physical and emotional. She also realizes how alone she's been for the past five years.

I see this developing somewhat like Florence Nightingale Syndrome. She imagines him being things he is not. He is cold and distant but she sees him as caring in his own way. I see her as being submissive and a little delusional but I'm open to changes. PM with any questions or suggestions if interested.