A Return to Third Earth. Yes, Thundercats. [Interest Check]

Started by Saphir, September 21, 2013, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saphir

There seems to be a trend on Cartoon Network where they make great animated television shows & then cancel them prematurely because no one will buy the show's stupid toys & sadly I was PO'd that the New Thundercats series got the ax, along with Young Justice & Green Lantern, fml because it was so good. But you know, I see plenty of comicbook RPs on here but I've only seen one Thundercat one that ended far too soon for my liking and I feel like visiting Thundera again but before I decide to crank out sign-ups & whatnot, I just want to see just how many would be interested in playing these awesome cat folks.

Plot/Setting....kind of.

I do have a vague idea of where I want to go with the story. I'm thinking about the Legend of Korra route and setting this RP about a century or two after the Thundercats 2011 series. The Thundera that was destroyed in that series will remain as ruins, however, a new kingdom (probably will be called New Thundera, I know how original) will have risen under Lion-O's rule. Also since a century has passed, the Thunderians have embraced technology so it'll be a mix of medieval/futuristic-like tech. A good example for the new world would be Ivalice from Final Fantasy XII. Examples here & here.

Characters

Since this is in the future of the series this sadly means that Lion-O & co won't be playable (though an elderly Cheetara may take Jaga's place as head of the Clerics).

The Hero...or rather, the leader of our heroes
I plan on the hero of the story being a Prince & direct descendant of Lion-O. Though I won't be playing him, I figure I'd  let someone else have the honor of doing so.  He should be around age 18-20. Whoever wants to play the new prince & wield the Sword of Omens, let me know.

The other heroes
Where will be other cats to accompany the hero long the way....some may already know the prince, some may not. I'm probably going to play a childhood friend of the prince. We'll need diversity, meaning different cats from different clans. Lynxes, Cheetahs, Leopards, Jaguars, Cougars, Ocelots, whichever floats your boat, let's just be sure that the "main cast" is diversified & then when we can get into secondaries/side characters, we can double up on species.  I'm looking to have no less than six, no more than 8 main cats....probably 4 males & 4 females so that the gender balance is equal for any potential romance plots....or just straight up sex which I expect since you know, they are like part animal, so I don't mind scenes where it looks like they're on the Discovery Channel. I'm making a girl cat so 3 other female slots open & 4 male slots open.

As for the age range for the main cast, probably late teens to middle age.  You know, think like a J-RPG....you got a handful of sexy youthful character and then you have the little bit more seasoned characters & probably an ace. No under-aged cats please. While this isn't solely a smut RP, there will still be smut regardless and as cool and adorable as WilyKat & WilyKit were, there will be no children involved because we don't do that here on E.

The Villains
I also have a villain in mind. It's always Mumm-Ra & Mutants/lizards that are enemies of the cats. And Mumm-Ra will play a part in this but this time around I felt it would be interesting for the main villain to be Lion also.  For his appearance I've chosen this guy: Clicky. He gives me Dark Vader vibes, which is good since Darth Vader is awesome. So I'm thinking the main guy's name will be Loewe (German for Lion, yes, our character's names must be associated with their species) will indeed lead a rival clan/empire against our heroes and very much wants to conquer New Thundera & the rest of the planet. His right hand minions will more than likely be Psycho Ranger/Morally corrupt counterparts of the main heroes. Either other players can play them or some folks can double up if you want. Whoever plays Loewe also needs to contact me so we can plot some things out~

Character Roles to consider
The Prince- Descendant of Lion-O & heir to the throne of New Thundera. Must be a lion because lions carry royal blood on Third Earth.

Childhood friend of the Prince #1 – The role I'll be taking & while not quite a princess, will certainly be of noble blood. May or may not double as a love interest for the prince depending on how things go. I haven't decided on the species yet though.

Childhood friend of the Prince #2- I mean, every hero needs his best guy friend. Will also probably be The Lancer to the prince. May even double as a rival like Tygra was for Lion-O.

Clerics – Think of them as sort of a mix between monks & wizards. They work directly for the king, acting as the personal body guards of the royal family.

Servants –They keep the castle running. From janitorial duties, cooking staff, etc. Maybe even acting as a sex toy for the King and/or Prince because if they're horny and see a hot little servant kitty they wanna bone, the hot little servant kitty's gotta do what they want.

Guards – The law enforcement of New Thundera. They're ever vigilant to keep crime within the kingdom low.

Soldiers – They fight within the Thunderian army and are generally well respected among the common folk of New Thundera.

Mercenaries – Badasses who travel across Third Earth, accepting work for the right price. Some are genuinely noble like a knight. Some are anti-heroes and live in a world of gray. Some may be willing to cross the Royal Family if the right price is paid.

Commoners- Oh you know the general folk in the kingdom. The working class, thieves, poor folk. Your cat wants to play Aladdin and be a thieving diamond in a rough? Then by all means, go for it.

Alas, that's about as much information I can give right now. Nothing is really concrete yet because I'd like to see what kind of characters are going to be thrown into this so I can hammer things out. Feel free to throw any ideas and/or questions you may have, I will do my best to answer them. Also, I could also use a Co-GM or two  to help keep this more organized and to keep things running should I ever get caught up with Real Life cause yeah, that does happen and I wouldn't want this to die. Just contact me via PM or you can AIM me since that's in my profile.

Cyrano Johnson

Ohhhh. So tempting.

What kind of game are you planning for this to be, lite-system / freeform? Action-focused or more relationship / psychodrama stuff?
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Saphir

Freeform since I have no idea how to use any of those other systems, lol. Action is a must since this is Thundercats, so it will get more focus. All relationship drama and sexy times will be secondary to the main story.

Cyrano Johnson

Mm. Freeform is getting to be a tougher sell for me. But I do love me some Thundercats. Have to think about this one.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

BlackestKnight

Saphir

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on September 21, 2013, 06:05:19 PM
Mm. Freeform is getting to be a tougher sell for me. But I do love me some Thundercats. Have to think about this one.

I understand. Hope you join though.

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 21, 2013, 06:38:53 PM
I call dibs on the seasoned panther veteran.

Awesome to have you aboard! And a great photo for your cat. Fairytail ftw.

MzHyde

Your image link is broken. You should upload it somewhere instead of linking to it, Saphir.

Saphir

Chaosfox

I wold so be up for doing this though not sure what cat I would pick or what they would be.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's