D&D 3.5: Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil! (GM & Player's wanted!)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, March 25, 2010, 08:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Self Destruct

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 13, 2010, 11:08:51 PM
For Dark Clown:

1. Low... result = 22
2. 44-55...result = 46
3. 20-30...result = 47
4. 5-10...result = 9

Well young drow, it seems Lady Lloth likes you even though you are male.  You are gifted with an additional 5 attribute points.

Nice!

In that case, here's a (final) rework of my characters starting Attributes:

Strength 11
Dexterity 18
Constitution 16
Intelligence 16
Wisdom 11
Charisma 12

All praise be to Lolth! lol  I'll start working up my character sheet, too.  I should have it up sometime this weekend. :)

Chloe Milev

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 13, 2010, 03:16:53 PM
Bane eh? That troublesome bastard wise guy who decided it was a good idea to steal the tablets and sent the Realms into chaos.  Not evil you say?  *rolls eyes* From a global perspective on what is good and evil, I'd say he gets filed as a villain of villains.  But you are correct, there are degrees of "good" and "evil" and alignment isn't really a matter of oh I'm mister paladin, I'm mister holy roller of good.  If things were that simple, I think we even in the real world would of found Utopia by now.

Oh, there's no question a god of Evil is also evil.  I'm just experimenting with someone who pursues Evil culture, but other than that is generally pleasant.

As far as home region, I'm not sure.  I'm still working on my god since Hextor isn't here.  Maybe she'll worship ideals instead of a specific deity, if that's kosher in the Forgotten Realms.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

sleepingferret

Ideals can always be worshiped, some deity or deities will be granting you spells depending on said ideals.  And as long as your ideals still meet their "goals" you will still find your prayers for divine powers answered.

sleepingferret

Character List Check as of 4/15/10 4:15 PM CST:

Dark Clown - Drow Wizard
Chloe Milev - ? (possible cleric)
Tagan - Human Paladin
PhantomPistoleer - Human Binder

Character applications are due by no later than Sunday 4/18.  I will be sending out any final notices, character approvals on Monday 4/19; if you need an extension or need to file a late application please send me notice before Sunday.  Thank you.  As of now, if no one else applies, start plotting how you will become the next "rulers" or victims of the Temple.  Because so far I see four players with very good potential to make this an interesting campaign.

Tagan

Well, it should be very interesting!  With an Evil Cleric and A Paladin of a LG god teamed up... I'd switch to Tiamat, save I don't enjoy playing evil characters, save for when I GM.

PhantomPistoleer

We still need a trapfinder.  Otherwise we'll be screwed!

I mean, who wants to invest in purchasing an in-game rogue?  He'll die by the first trap.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

sleepingferret

Ah yes, and I haven't forgotten though I'm sure you may think I did....Lady Tagan:

You have inherited the bloodline of a gold dragon.  Although the strength of the bloodline is diminished considerably, it still retains some of its potency.

Minor Bloodline - Gold Dragon
4th level - +2 bonus to Sense Motive checks
8th level - Bonus feat (Alertness)
12th level - +1 Strength
16th level - Resistance to Fire 5 (Ex)
20th level - Gold Dragon Affinity +2 (grants bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks when dealing with gold dragons)

Requirement - Must take 1 level of "Bloodline" at or before 12th level, see pages 19-20 of the Unearthed Arcana supplement for further details regarding bloodline levels.

Tagan

Hmm, having just read the bloodlines rules, I beg to be excused from using them.  If I have to use a level so pointlessly, I'd rather not even start.  And the 20% penalty on exp is quite creepy as well.  Seems like more of a curse, really.  ;)

Chloe Milev

Okay, here's Lady Nalva d'Lach, lawful evil human cleric of war and renewal (and later, glory).
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

sleepingferret

The bloodline level still gives you the effective caster level, effective level for purposes of turn undead, stunning fist, etc, etc; just doesn't grant skill points, hit points, saving throw bonuses, or base attack bonuses.   You are still entitled to any feat or ability bonus granted by character level.

The XP penalty only occurs if you do not take the level of bloodline at or before 12th level.  At which point you would cease to gain bloodline abilities until you took the bloodline level.  But very well, if the lady so chooses she may decline; it is after all a rather odd source to pull material from.

Tagan

Thank you!  The things it doesn't give are the main things the character uses.  As she's going Dragon Disciple, any levels lost along the way hurt.

sleepingferret

Chloe please note which weapon you have weapon you have taken the weapon focus feat for, as it is a single weapon specific.  Thanks.

Chloe Milev

Oh yeah, it's the longsword she's using now.  Otherwise she wouldn't be proficient in it.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

sleepingferret

Ah yes here it is, good old Monte Cook....  may you all die horrid deaths.... I mean become the next rulers of the Temple.... I mean the next victims of the Temple..... wait no I had it right the first time...... this way....no that way..... he did it....no he did it.....

Links to threads:

OOC Thread
Character Thread
Game Thread

Christopher28

1.  High
2.  28-43
3.  37-47
4.  95-100

OK, since this group lacks a trapspringer, I will play the part... although it's not the usual role for me.  I'm getting into a LOT of games as a rogue right now, so I suppose it's cool with me though.

I'm going to make a Whisper Gnome with the Dark Template.  From what I've read on this forum, I don't have to take the 1 LA for that, apparently, so I'll be making her 4th level, but I cannot seem to access the file that you posted, Sleepingferret, that details what being an advanced race means.

I will post a character sheet presently.  I expect to simply take this character along the Rogue path... no prestige class.

And... posted for your approval in the Character thread.

sleepingferret

For Christopher28:

1. high.... result = 7
2. 28-43... result = 35
3. 37-47...result = 68
4. 95-100...result = 92

normal, no changes.