Celebrities you will actually mourn

Started by Sabby, August 18, 2011, 12:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

People die. Celebrities are people. There for, celebrities die. And they make huge news. A lot of the time, you really do not care. You didn't like their roles or their music, you found them to be insufferable or entitled spoilt shits off camera, and with everyone talking about them like they were bright stars in a dim sky, you get annoyed. But what are ya guna do, disrespect the dead in a time of mourning and look like a total asshole.

Who are some famous people you will genuinely miss when they go, and some that will actually deserve the fond feelings? For me, Judith Shienlin, or 'Judge Judy'.

Syauglan

Judge Judy, eh?  :-)

Personally it would be easier to try to think of who I wouldn't miss, when it comes to musicians, authors and comedians. Other celebrities...not so much. For example, I like many actors and actresses for how they've played various characters but its not as if those characters die when the players do. *shrugs*

Oniya

I'm not sure anyone will recognize the ones I would miss.  ._.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nico

Hemingway

Sel Nar

Lance Henriksen, Sigourney Weaver, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, and Clint Eastwood.

AmericanAngel

NYUH! ;_;
The one that will make me cry rivers if they die would be
Billie Joe Armstron, Frank Edwin Wright III (Tre Cool), and last but not least Michael Ryan Pritchard (Mike Dirnt)
they have been my inspiration for art and music! ;O;
<3 i love them so much but never been to a concert since i lived in Central America
i recently moved in to Miami, Florida
Just about 99% of the population masturbates while the other 1% lie about it.

Funguy81

With me it was WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero. I grew up watching him wrestle.

Micheal Jackson mainly because i remember him before we went off to the deep end. I find it funny that everyone hated him up until the moment he died, then they remember all the good things he did in the past. Then again its a sign how good he is. people remember most of what they want to remember after death. I bet if kanye west died, they would remember him most for jumping on stage.

Shjade

None.

I don't know them. They're celebrities. I might be disappointed to hear about it if, say, Dakota Fanning died suddenly when she's still so young, but that'd pass in a few minutes. No mourning.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wyrd

Quote from: Shjade on August 18, 2011, 11:41:31 PM
None.

I don't know them. They're celebrities. I might be disappointed to hear about it if, say, Dakota Fanning died suddenly when she's still so young, but that'd pass in a few minutes. No mourning.

Bless your heart.

Anyway. I'm gonna miss Sir Christopher Lee. Great man
Ragtime Dandies!

TheGlyphstone

Do Terry Pratchett and BILLY MAYS count as celebrities?

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on August 18, 2011, 01:16:55 PM
I'm not sure anyone will recognize the ones I would miss.  ._.
Aw...
I don't know though, it is the internet.

Personally I'm probably going to miss:

Bruce Willis
Morgan Freeman
Jack Nicholson
Robert Downy Jr.
Steven L. Kent
Jim Butcher
Hugo Weaving
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Malefique

I'm already missing Johnny Depp, he never drops by my kid's school, damn him...  But I really will miss Tom Waits, Bill Bailey, Mr Depp (who gave a lot of boodle to the hospital that saved not only his daughter, but also my niece, and has made the decades of a lot of kids), Bruce Campbell and David Attenborough. 
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

CmdrRenegade

Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr and Tom Petty.  Others have already been named.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

LilySnape

Alan Rickman is one of my favorite actors of all time, and I'll be very, very sad when he passes on.  Also, Maggie Smith (McGonogal in Harry Potter/Ladies in Lavender).  She is currently battling cancer, and has been for a while.  She's such a brilliant actor and person. ):

Also Richard Dreyfuss, Colin Firth, Ian McKellan and Nathaniel Parker.
I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensare the senses.
~ Severus Snape

Slaven

Yeah, Johnny Depp would be the main one I would miss..I still horribly miss Heath Ledger though. I loved all of his moves. <3
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

LilySnape

Oh, and Hugh Grant! Forgot him.  Seems all my favorite actors are British.  Oh well. ( :
I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensare the senses.
~ Severus Snape

Missy

Agreed Johny Depp's passing will be a sad one, especially since it will be the end of the awesomeness which is Captain! Jack! Sparrow! (he's so epic he get's an exclamation point after each part of his name!)

John Oliver too however

"yes you have, yes you have new york, you have seen your dad's penis"

Slaven

Oh, Neil Patrick Harris! I will mourn the day that man dies. I start laughing every time I even see him!
Don't worry. That's not my breath on the back of your neck! >.>

Slaven's O/Os and some RP ideas!

Dotley

Moby. Hayao Miyazaki. David Bowie. Neil Patrick Harris. Morgan Freeman. Hideaki Anno. Kevin Spacey. Aishwarya Rai.

And Gong Li, oh I will miss her. She is my favorite actor.
O&O's || A&A's

"I don’t use people for stories.
I use stories to express my feelings for people."

Brandon

The only one I can really think of that I was kind of broken up about was George Carlin. As to any current ones, I cant really think of any off the top of my head.

Maybe Lady GaGa? I dont listen to her music much but despite being a little weird a lot of the time I think shes a genuinely good person who cares about her fans, not just the money she gets. More then likely it'll be like a "oh man, thats too bad" moment then full on mourning
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

pandaandthelion

Hmmm
My list would be

Debbie Reynolds
Angela Lansbury
Betty White
Matthew Bellamy (lead singer of Muse)
Charles Trippy (Internet Celebrity)
Alli Trippy (Internet Celebrity)
Jared Padalecki
Jensen Ackles
Michael Shanks
Richard Dean Anderson
Amanda Tapping
Amy lee (lead singer Of Evanescence)

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Slaven on September 01, 2011, 10:29:04 PM
Yeah, Johnny Depp would be the main one I would miss..I still horribly miss Heath Ledger though. I loved all of his moves. <3
+1. Though not miss-miss as in crying and whatnot, I don't really know them after all. Ledger's death did make me feel all *meh* all day *sulks*
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Capone

I've actually thought about this a lot, to the point that I can't even remember all the names of celebrities I'll miss for their art.

I know Christopher Hitchens, though not quite a celebrity, is currently battling cancer. I was exposed to him in a documentary called Collision, where he and Pastor Douglas Wilson went on tour having debates on whether God/Christianity was good for the world. The man is intelligent, and unlike guys like Richard Dawkins, he's not an asshole. He's currently battling cancer, which is, to me, a sad sad thing.

The day Ridley Scott and Martin Scorcese kick the bucket will be a sad day indeed. It feels like there aren't many directors that pioneer like they did, and Welles and Hitchcock before them. At least, not in the same ratio as back in the day.

I'm going to want to cry when Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, Patrick Stewart and Mark Hamill kick the bucket (Hell, that Mark Hamill isn't doing The Joker anymore is reason enough to cry).