A DC Universe Of Our Own (Mutants & Masterminds Variant)

Started by Norsegod1839, December 04, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoluptuousVixen

Player Name: Wonder Woman
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual (Switch)
Base of Operations: N/A (formerly Paris)
Powers: Flight, Super Strength & Speed.

Weaknesses: Magic and pysch attacks. Diana is physically the strongest woman on the planet. She can withstand much however The Gods ALLWAYS design a flaw and she can be killed by those who created her. Sometimes her Amazonian pride can be a great weakness to her.

History:

Wonder Woman is the Amazonian princess Diana; the daughter of the Amazonian Queen Hippolyta and the Olympian god Zeus. While the Amazons traditionally procreated by raping and then murdering sailors who happened too close to their island, Hippolyta was supposed to have been barren. Legend told that Diana was born of her mother's strong desire for a child, a lump of clay brought to life in the form of a girl; the perfect Amazon, as she was born of no man. The truth, though, was that Hippolyta had had an affair with Zeus, and Diana's real parentage was hidden in order to protect the Queen and her daughter from the wrath of Zeus' notoriously jealous wife Hera. As such, Diana's power was inherited through her divine blood.

Zeus had gone missing, and his wife Hera, in her jealousy, had discovered that yet another child had been conceived by her husband's dalliances with mortal women. The mortal woman in question was Zola, a woman living alone in the country, who was utterly surprised when Hera sent creatures to attack and kill her. Fortunately, she was rescued thanks to the efforts of Hermes, who sent her to request help from Wonder Woman. For safety's sake, Diana took Zola and Hermes to the island of Themyscira, home of the Amazons to beg protection from her mother, who warned that protecting one of Zeus' bastards from Hera would be no simple task. Before long, Hera sent her daughter Strife to do her will. Diana managed to prevent her from manipulating the Amazons into killing each other, but, she was surprised to learn that she and Strife were sisters - a revelation brought to light by the power of the Lasso of Truth.

Diana was the one to take Pilot Steve Trevor back to *Mans World* they had a romance and even stopped Ares from infecting the humans with his hate.

Equipment: Lasso of Truth, Bracelets of Submission.

Appearance without costume:

Costume:

TFcommando

Just as a bit of inspiration, Wander, I threw together a Superman (or Power Girl!) writeup that covers Superman fairly well.  He has crazy Silver Age strength, able to lift 25,000 kilotons and fly at 500,000 MPH and easily see or hear something 19 miles away.   There's always room for improvement... Improved Initiative is a big oversight, and some physical task Quickness would fit too.

Superman

Superman

Attributes 40 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 12
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 14 PP
8 Dodge 8
6 Parry 6
0 Fort 12
0 Tough. 12
0 Will 8

Skills: 10 PP 20 points
Expertise: Reporter 4/+4
Insight 0 (+8)
Investigation  4/+4
Perception 2/+10
Persuasion 10/+10

Advantages 2 PP
Interpose
Move-by attack

Powers 84 CP
32 Kryptonian power
-Enhanced Strength 12 enhanced close combat +8 4, lifting strength 2
-Lifting strength 30
-Heat vision Ranged damage 10 Accurate 5 subtle precise incurable increased range 2

12 Invulnerability Impervious Toughness 12

19 Super-speed
-Flight 9
-Flight 18 Distracting

10 Immunity 10 life support

11 Super senses
Sight – Senses 10 Darkvision, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4
Hearing – Senses 10 Ultra-Hearing, Radio, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4

Complications
Motivation – Doing Good 
Secret – Secret ID, Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Enemy – Lex Luthor
Fame – A global icon!
Power Loss – Kryptonite
Relationships – Lois Lane & Daily Planet staff
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 12:01:10 AM
Just as a bit of inspiration, Wander, I threw together a Superman (or Power Girl!) writeup that covers Superman fairly well.  He has crazy Silver Age strength, able to lift 25,000 kilotons and fly at 500,000 MPH and easily see or hear something 19 miles away.   There's always room for improvement... Improved Initiative is a big oversight, and some physical task Quickness would fit too.

Superman

Superman

Attributes 40 PP
Strength 0
Agility 0
Fighting 0
Awareness 8
Stamina 12
Dexterity 0
Intellect 0
Presence 0

Defenses 14 PP
8 Dodge 8
6 Parry 6
0 Fort 12
0 Tough. 12
0 Will 8

Skills: 10 PP 20 points
Expertise: Reporter 4/+4
Insight 0 (+8)
Investigation  4/+4
Perception 2/+10
Persuasion 10/+10

Advantages 2 PP
Interpose
Move-by attack

Powers 84 CP
32 Kryptonian power
-Enhanced Strength 12 enhanced close combat +8 4, lifting strength 2
-Lifting strength 30
-Heat vision Ranged damage 10 Accurate 5 subtle precise incurable increased range 2

12 Invulnerability Impervious Toughness 12

19 Super-speed
-Flight 9
-Flight 18 Distracting

10 Immunity 10 life support

11 Super senses
Sight – Senses 10 Darkvision, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4
Hearing – Senses 10 Ultra-Hearing, Radio, Penetrates Concealment, Extended 4

Complications
Motivation – Doing Good 
Secret – Secret ID, Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Enemy – Lex Luthor
Fame – A global icon!
Power Loss – Kryptonite
Relationships – Lois Lane & Daily Planet staff

Dang TF! I might need your help with my own Batman! You guys are great!

wander

Damn, that was quick TF! I'm still doing my own version of Supes (nearly done though)!

Mine is somewhat more balanced and not so super as that, though you rocked that really well. ^^

Also, that list format is exactly how I do my own character stats, so EroticLiteracy, I think it'd be cool if that made it as the standard for character sheets. :)

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 02:33:14 AM
Damn, that was quick TF! I'm still doing my own version of Supes (nearly done though)!

Mine is somewhat more balanced and not so super as that, though you rocked that really well. ^^

Also, that list format is exactly how I do my own character stats, so EroticLiteracy, I think it'd be cool if that made it as the standard for character sheets. :)

Got it! So should I just take that Character sheet link we have? And then make it as just a list character sheet?

I'm going to create a character thread today! Because some of you guys are almost done! So I will post the link in the room after it is done!

wander

I'm gonna do as much as I can tonight on my sheet. Noone's PMed me or anything, so I have to assume that everyone else is okay to sort their sheets out given all the info I've shared.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 11:46:42 AM
I'm gonna do as much as I can tonight on my sheet. Noone's PMed me or anything, so I have to assume that everyone else is okay to sort their sheets out given all the info I've shared.

I am kind of waiting on yours? I did a room for character sheets and copied the DC adventures character sheet we posted earlier but not entirely sure how happy I am with it!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279731.0

Here is the character room guys! Take a look! Wander when you have finished your sheet can I see it? If I feel your sheet looks better or is more cleaned up I might swap out the one I just did for yours. If that is okay with you.

wander

Bookmarked the thread.

I'm nearly done with my sheet, the one that TF Commando posted has a great format that I was going to use myself, if you needed an example sheet.

When I've finished the sheet (may actually be done tonight), I'll post it here for people to check for sure. Again, it'll just be listing things though I'm open as always to field any questions.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 12:03:38 PM
Bookmarked the thread.

I'm nearly done with my sheet, the one that TF Commando posted has a great format that I was going to use myself, if you needed an example sheet.

When I've finished the sheet (may actually be done tonight), I'll post it here for people to check for sure. Again, it'll just be listing things though I'm open as always to field any questions.

On TF's one I was curious why are certain ones at zero? Is it because it's base level?

Valerian

I'm going to need help with my character sheet but I've hardly had any free time to work on it so as yet I don't even know what questions to ask.  :P
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 14, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
I'm going to need help with my character sheet but I've hardly had any free time to work on it so as yet I don't even know what questions to ask.  :P

You're preaching to the choir! I work for Apple and its our busiest time of the year! So I feel your pain Valerian!

wander

Abilities at 0 are at 'normal human level' as I mentioned before. You can actually go into minus numbers to represent large weakness in something. That said, with my Superman he has 2 in most things, which is basically a D&D score of 14 and makes you pretty damn gifted.

Valerian;
As soon as my sheet is done, I'll see what I can do to help you out, including getting in touch via PM to help you out, 'k? :)

Valerian

Quote from: wander on December 14, 2017, 12:53:42 PM
Abilities at 0 are at 'normal human level' as I mentioned before. You can actually go into minus numbers to represent large weakness in something. That said, with my Superman he has 2 in most things, which is basically a D&D score of 14 and makes you pretty damn gifted.

Valerian;
As soon as my sheet is done, I'll see what I can do to help you out, including getting in touch via PM to help you out, 'k? :)

Sounds good!  I have a sample sheet for Poison Ivy that I found online, but it will definitely need some tweaking.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Norsegod1839

Quote from: Valerian on December 14, 2017, 01:14:48 PM
Sounds good!  I have a sample sheet for Poison Ivy that I found online, but it will definitely need some tweaking.

No worries Valerian! I am trying to get this all figured out as well! I'm currently working off hte DC adventure version of Batman who is ridiculously over powered it turns out!

wander

Yep, the one I own has her PL 11 and 182pts, which is a bit over-budget, luckily 32pts is a fairly easy cut.

I'd probably reduce her abilities and powers by around 10pts each, then reduce her skills and defences by 5pts and see what tweaking can go from there. Luckily she doesn't need massive tweaking and should be fairly simple for me to work on for you, if you have ideas on what exactly you'd like to tweak to make her more for you. :)

Valerian

Well, I found a build someone did that has her at PL 10 and 150 points, but there are a couple of things I'd like to get rid of and others I'd like to add.  My original version doesn't have the plant control, just the growth part, for example, though I suppose I could add in the control if she needs the extra power.  But mine also has more knowledge skills and several social drawbacks, whereas the sheet I found has her at zero drawbacks, which is no fun at all.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

wander

Sure. Doing social drawbacks will be simple, as I'd put them down as Complications, personally. Though you could give her a low Presence, which will also make her Willpower lower, though I find it hard to see someone as sexually captivating as Ivy to have a low Pre score. ^^'

The canon sheet she has lists two Complications, one is her extreme Environmentalism, the other lists her Vanity as one, which is more she is obsessive over the power she can hold over people.

If you can somehow PM link me the sheet, or post it here with what you want done with it, I'll add it to my list of projects.

TFcommando

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on December 14, 2017, 12:09:52 PM
On TF's one I was curious why are certain ones at zero? Is it because it's base level?

Because it’s the base level, and because stats are comparatively expensive in many cases.  For example, a 20 in Presence gives you 20 in all the social skills for 40 points, the max allowed at PL 10.  But buying all three social skills in the game at 20 with 0 Presence will only cost you 30 points.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TFcommando on December 14, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
Because it’s the base level, and because stats are comparatively expensive in many cases.  For example, a 20 in Presence gives you 20 in all the social skills for 40 points, the max allowed at PL 10.  But buying all three social skills in the game at 20 with 0 Presence will only cost you 30 points.

I seeee kind of lol!

I am working on my own guy now! So me and Wander should be posting our guys up at more or les the same time so everyone else can kind of go from there!

wander

Just working on what Super-Senses on my sheet should make the cut or not, then a quick count up on the points to make sure I spent correctly and a double-check on his defences and I'll be done.  :-)

TheVillain

Tossing in my hat for interest. It's a bit odd of an idea so I thought I should run it by the GM first.

Basic Idea is that it's this universe's Hourman. Rick Tyler is an FBI Agent trying to function in a superhero world and make a difference with no powers when he appears to be abducted by aliens (actually his own descendents from the future but that they'll have to figure out later). When returned he appears to have gained the ability to get one precognative vision a day, always exactly one hour in the future.

That's it. The rest is just training and skill.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: TheVillain on December 14, 2017, 03:51:14 PM
Tossing in my hat for interest. It's a bit odd of an idea so I thought I should run it by the GM first.

Basic Idea is that it's this universe's Hourman. Rick Tyler is an FBI Agent trying to function in a superhero world and make a difference with no powers when he appears to be abducted by aliens (actually his own descendents from the future but that they'll have to figure out later). When returned he appears to have gained the ability to get one precognative vision a day, always exactly one hour in the future.

That's it. The rest is just training and skill.

Sure go with that! I'm all for out there ideas! As long as you can get it into a character sheet! I am fine!

wander

Posting my Supes here, so I don't have to worry about Bio hijinks just yet, I'll do that stuff tomorrow. Here's what I did for him;

Abilities (38 PPs)

Str 5
Sta 5
Agl 1
Dex 1
Fgt 4
Int 1
Awe 1
Pre 1

Offence;
Initiative +1

+14 Unarmed Attack, 5 damage.
+9 Heat Vision, 9 damage.

Defences (24 PPs)
Dodge: 1 (+8pts) 9
Fort: 5 (+4pts) 9
Parry: 4 (+5pts) 9
Tough: [10]
Will: 1 (+7pts) 8

Skills (11 PPs; 22 skill points)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 10 (+14)
Expertise (Krypton) 1 (+2)
Expertise (Journalism) 1 (+2)
Perception 1 (+2)
Persuasion 1 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Heat Vision) 8 (+9)

Advantages (8 PPs);
Beginner's Luck, Extraordinary Effort, Inspire, Interpose, Languages (Kryptonian), Leadership, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort (Toughness tests).

Powers (69 PPs);

Flight: Flight Rank 9 (1,000mph) (18 PPs)

Heat Vision: Ranged Damage 9, Reduced Range (9 PPs)

Invulnerability: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity (Life Support) (25 PPs)

Super Senses: Senses 6: extended hearing, extended vision, infravision, ultra-hearing, vision penetrates concealment (except lead). (6 PPs)

Super Speed: Quickness 5 (5 PPs)

Super Strength: Enhanced Strength 6, Limited to Lifting (Str 11: 50 tons lifting). (6 PPs)

COMPLICATIONS;

Power Loss: Superman can lose his powers under red solar power (like that of the long-gone Krypton) or with anything that can affect or drain yellow solar energy.

Work Relationships: Superman has close relationships with those who work at the Daily Planet, though especially Lois Lane. This can act as much as a motivation for Superman to take action as much as land him in trouble too.

Responsibility: Superman is motivated by the responsibility he feels to use his powers for the good and benefit of all mankind.

Secret Identity: Clark Kent of the Daily Planet.

Vulnerability: Against Magic, Superman loses his impervious toughness as it can affect him the same as anyone else.

Weakness: Kryptonite. Exposure to it afflicts Superman with Impaired Str + Powers, Disabled Str + Powers and finally Debilitated Str + Powers. If continually exposed to green kryptonite imposes the dying condition after a manner of minutes and could potentially lead to death.

Norsegod1839

And following that this is tentatively my Batman!

Abilities (31 PPs)

Strength: 2
Agility: 4
Fighting: 7
Awareness: 3
Stamina:  2
Dexterity: 3
Intellect: 7
Presence: 3

Offence:

Batarang 15
Unarmed 25
Ranged Damage 8
Close Damage 6

Defense

Dodge 14
Parry 10
Will 15
Fortitude 5
Toughness 8/4

Skills:

Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 7 (+9), Deception 7 (+14), Expertise Hand to Hand Fighting 10 (+17), Expertise criminology 9 (+16), insight 10 (+17), Intimidation 10 (+13) Investigation 14 (+20), Perception 10 (+13), Persuasion 5 (+12) Stealth 13 (+15) Technology 8 (+15) Treatment 5 (+12) Vehicles 8 (+15)

Advantages:

Assessment, Benefit 3 (billionaire), Close Attack 6, Connected contacts, Daze (intimidation), Defensive Attack, Defensive roll 4, Equipment 20,  Evasion, Hide In Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools, Instant Up, Inventor, Jack Of All Trades, Langauges 4, Move By action, Power Attack, Precise Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Seize Initiative, Skill Mastery (intimidation), Skill Mastery (investigation), Startle, Tracking, Well informed

Equipment

Flashlight  feature 1 (illumination) 1 point
Grapnel Gun Super Movement (Swinging) 2 Points
Mini Tracers Feature 1 (Tracking) 1 Point
Rebreather  immunity 2 (Suffocation) Limited 1 point

Utility Belt: Array (19 points)
Bolo’s Ranged Affliction 4 (resisted by dodge, hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobile) 12 points

Batman makes a ranged attack check against
the target’s Dodge. If successful, the target makes a
DC 14 Dodge check. On a failure, the target moves
at half speed and has half normal Dodge and Parry.
With two degrees of failure, they cannot move and
are at 0 Dodge and Parry.

Batarangs strength based ranged damage 2 * 2 points

Throwing weapons doing Damage rank
2 plus Batman’s Strength 4. Batman makes a ranged
attack check against the target’s Dodge. If successful,
the target makes a DC 21 Toughness check

Cutting Torch Damage 1 (heat) linked to weaken objects toughness 1 * 2 points

Gauntlets slashing damage 4 * 1 point

Explosive Batarangs ranged burst damage 2 * 1 point

Throwing weapons that do
Damage rank 4 to all targets in a 30-foot radius.

Flash Bombs Ranged burst area affliction 4 (resisted by fortitude, vision impaired, vision disabled, vision unaware) *2 points

Release a brilliant flash of light; targets
in a 30-foot radius make a Fortitude check (DC 13).
Failure is a –2 penalty on checks involving vision.
Two degree is a –5 while three or more leaves the
target blinded. Make a new Fortitude check each
round to recover.

Smoke Bombs Cloud area visual concealment attack 2 * 1 point

Release a thick cloud of smoke,
allowing Batman to make Stealth checks to hide
even someone has already spotted him.

Tear Gas Bomb Ranged Cloud Area Affliction 3 (resisted by fortitude, dazed and vision impaired stunned and vision disabled, incapacitated) * 1 point

Complications

Past Injury: Batman has been operating for several years now and has received many injuries that might or might not flare up if his body is under stress

Secret Identity: Bruce Wayne

No Powers: Batman is an ordinary human being

Responsibility: Bruce feels as if Gotham is his biggest responsibility

Dedication: Bruce has an almost single minded dedication to stopping and preventing crime

wander

I'd recommend editing in what PPs you spent in each section, makes it easier to check if you did everything correct. :)

A few notes;

Your Offence at first to me looked off by a fair bit, though I figured out what's up with him.

Btw your Initiative is your Agility score with any modifiers, such as the Improved Initiative you have (It should be +8 by count given your current sheet).

So... Your close combat score to hit alone is over 20, without the effect damage does included, I'd reduce either the Close Combat Advantage or reduce your Hand to Hand skill. See also that the Ranged Attack advantage also is included in the max of 20. You need to balance 20 between the 'to hit' modifier and the effect (damage). This isn't the base, it's the final total you need to consider.

Your Fortitude + Will goes over 20.

Your Investigation is 21 when the max is 20.

I'll check the Equipment over tomorrow, though as mentioned on the original Batman sheet, they don't actually include prices for the added items in the utility belt. I'll actually go over the items you included with you in PM, to sort them out more.