Harry Potter Mafia Game Thread ~ WIZARDS WIN!!!

Started by Sarena, November 25, 2012, 02:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarena

Welcome to the Ministry of Magic

The time has come.  The Ministry of Magic has been closed to the public in an effort to get things sorted out and rid the wizarding world of this new threat.  The most prominent members of the wizarding community have come together in order to do just that...but are they all working towards the same goal?

First order of business, elect a new Minister of Magic. 

Players:

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Chelemar
James Moriarty
Josietta
Kendra
Kythia
Luna
MCsc
Moirae
Mr Bigglesworth
Niferbelle
persephone325
RedPhoenix
Remiel
Sasha
Starlequin
SunshineSparkle
ThatRPGuy

Roles:

Dark Arts Expert
Seer
Potions Master
Healer
Wizards x1-3

Muggle
Mudblood

Dark Lord/Lady
Dementor
The Impostor
Death Eaters x1-3
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

RedPhoenix

"Well this is quite inconvenient." The dark haired, fair skinned witch in the red robe said. "As a special agent for the Beast Division of the Department of the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, I should be in the field petting some sort of adorable magical cat! But instead a bunch of Aurors are sticking their wands all over my office looking for .... well I'm not sure what exactly but I'm stuck down here for now."

"Right well I guess we need a Minister of Magic. I don't really know any of you. I'm not sure what your qualifications are. I certainly don't want the responsibility, I have many other important things to handle. So." She glanced at the other wizards and witches. "Which of you thinks you have the leadership to save us from the Death Eaters?"
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Kythia

Kythia put on her wizard robe and hat and smiled triumphantly, overjoyed she was the first to get that joke in.

Hew owl had delivered a circular about the upcoming election for Minister of Magic.  A vital job whose purpose was to cast the deciding vote in the event of tie and, presumably, take over from the President of Magic if he became indisposed, though she wasn't entirely sure.  It was definately an important job though.

She drew herself up to her full height and gestured dramatically at her duck familiar.  "So, Mr Waddles.  They are seeking my opinion on the Minster of Magic."  She turned away and gazed thoughtfully out of the window.  "Only the best wizard amongst us can take this vital and not at all sinecure role.  But who?" she spun and demanded of Mr Waddles, who quacked.

"Quack indeed, Mr Waddles.  Quack indeed."  She stirred an alembic thoughtfully, mulling her decision.  "What we must do is clear.  I must design a series of tests, each more fiendish than the last.  Only the very best, the very brightest, will be able to succeed.  Taming a ferocious snarflebeast, refining an Elixir of Trickiness, some sort of Quidditch related test.  This series of challenges will truly distinguish the most suitable candidate.

Mr Waddles quacked.  "What's that Mr Waddles?  Setting up that series of challenges will be difficult and time-consuming?"  He quacked again "And expensive?  Sod it then, I'll just vote Aiden as they're the first name on the list."

Galactic Druid

"I'm sorry that we're such an inconvenience when you have such a massively important job to do..." The auburn-haired wizard replied to Red with a roll of his eyes. Ever since a year or so after the defeat of the dark lord, far too many members of the wizarding community had began to see Aurors and their continued vigilance as a nuisance, it was rather tiring for both sides. It was notoriously problematic at any WTSA checkpoints within the Floo network.

Shaking his head, he glanced around at the congregating wizards. "I personally feel that bloodninja, ahem, I mean Kythia would make an excellent Minister of Magic."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

"Well she does have an adorable familiar...hhhmmm."

Beguile's Mistress

"Five foot two, eyes of blue, but oh what those five feet can do!"

BeMi sang softly as her stiletto shod size sixes tapped their way along the polished wooden floor of the corridor leading to the meeting chamber.  Her robes flowed and swirled and floated around her petite and energetic form then came to rest in a clinging caress around shoulders and hips as she came to a stop and looked around the room.

"Oh!  An election!" she cried with a clap of soft, small hands before combing her fingers through the thick auburn waves that floated like a cloud about her face.  "Now who shall be our new Minister of Magic?"

"I know!" she cried out.  "Josietta!"

Remiel

Remiel entered the Ministry of Magic Office with an appropriately dramatic flourish, his hand-sewn silk cape billowing behind his boots.  As always, his hair was perfectly coiffed, his teeth blindingly white so that, when he smiled, the gleam off his perfect enamel was like the twinkling of a star.  A retinue of admirers and reporters from various wizard newspapers tried to follow him into the room, but two large porters blocked their access.  "Remiel has to perform a bit of ugly business," he addressed them, with much the air of a rock star addressing his fans, "but afterward you will be free to bask in my glory all you like.  Do not worry, my Remielettes! I will not deprive you of my glorious company for long!"

After the doors closed behind him, Remiel marched across the floor and took a seat at the head of the table.  "Now then, as presumed Minister of Magic, let Remiel reassure you that he will do everything he can--everything he can!--to look into these reports of so-called Resurfaced Death Eaters.   Remiel will be vigilant--but fair! He will be diligent--but just! He will be..."

He frowned in annoyance as a ministry employee scurried up and whispered something in his ear.   "What do you mean, the Minister of Magic post hasn't been decided yet?  I naturally assumed that I..."   More whispering.   "Oh,  I cannot vote for myself?  Why not?"   More whispering.   "Oh, very well...."

He cleared his throat and grinned most handsomely at the assembly.  "Ladies and gentlemen, Remiel patiently awaits your votes.  And while I do assume you have the sense to do so, I feel I must point out that a vote not cast for Remiel is a vote cast for...oh, that duck over there."  He pointed at Mr. Waddles, and by extension, Kythia.

RedPhoenix

Red finds it hard to keep from swooning. What panache! What style! What a dazzling man! "Oh what an entrance," She says, putting a hand to her chest as if she has the vapors. A fan appears in her hands as she cools herself down. "I am definitely on team Remiel. For now at least."

"Unless there is an equally attractive but in a similarly non-threatening way counterpart that wants to leap out and announce his candidacy ..." She glances about hopefully.

Aiden

Aiden Head of the "Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee" leaned against a column with his head in a book and a cigarette in hand. "Why am I not surprised to see the entirety of our well being is being put in the hands of a duck?" He sighed, sparing a glance at the flashy wizard as he took a drag and exhaled the smoke. "Since I can not vote for myself, I will second a vote for Josietta,  I would be very happy having her over me." He said with a slight smile. "But feel free to vote for me." He added, declaring his interest in becoming the new Minister of Magic.

Josietta

Standing before a reflective surface the platinum blonde adjusted her tie, straightening the already perfectly knotted satin before she smoothed her long slender fingers back over her loosely bound locks. A smile spread over her strawberry glossed lips before she glanced with dark blue eyes of her own toward auburn haired witch. She was honored to have been chosen as a nomination for the Minister of Magic. It was a position that did require great leadership and skill to hold. The young witch wasn't sure she had the experience to hold such a title at her age and therefore expressed her opinions on the matter with a soft and yet concise voice.

"I am honored and very gracious that you would think I could hold such a title with so many other qualified wizards and witches about. I place as much faith and confidence in you as you have in myself. We should make our choices wisely and quickly as the night will draw near soon. I for one have missed my evening tea and am famished. Would anyone care to have a bit of licorice snap or sherbert balls? I find the tang in the sherbert balls helps to nip the hunger for a bit."

She reached deep into the pockets of her robe and withdrew a small tin of candies offering them out to the others as she popped a lemon sherbert drop into her mouth. The sweet and tang hit her almost instantly causing her nose to crinkle ever so slightly in that soured look before it straightened out and she smiled to those looking her way. As Remiel entered the office she rose a brow and looked to the others then back to him again trying to stifle back a laugh. Josi nearly choked on her lemon candy in doing so and started to cough a bit. As she turned away she sputtered out her candy, that had nearly lodged itself in her throat, into her hand. A look of distaste crossed her features as she moved to face them once more. Whether the distaste was for the flourish of the egotistical wizard or the sticky candy that ended up in her palm is hard to say. She merely reaches into a pocket and wipes her hand clean.

"Merlin's Balls!!

She flushed a soft pink and looked down then back up in a slight bit of embarrassment. Increasing in color as Aiden speaks his mind of having her over him.

"Umm... yes... so.. as I was stating before, I think BeMi fits the bill."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Teo Torriatte

Luna looks around, all wide eyed, her long black hair waving behind her as her crystal blue eyes take in the scene around her. Her robe hangs loosely on her small, slender frame, her face is pale and delicate.

Everyone seemed to be voting on a new Minister of Magic, and it looked like Aiden could fit that bill quite nicely.

Sasha

Sasha had been sitting in the corner reading a book ...as she looked up and noticed the voting had started . It was a difficult decision with so many qualified candidates to choose from . Reaching into her pocket ...she pulled out a set of dice . Rolling it onto the polished floor .. pulling two out ..picking them up and rolling again ...several times the sound of the dice sound out into the room . Though it may of just sounded loud .

That was odd she had come across the same two names  Aiden and ThatRPGuy...taking out a quarter she flipped it high in the air and it landed on heads . Obviously Aiden was the tail side least he gathered up enough of it . Stuffing the quarter back into her pocket .  " ThatRPGuy seems a solid choice ...."  shrugging her shoulder as she buried her nose back into the book she was reading on herbs , plants and their natural effects . She had become obsessed with creating various oils and scents that could be used to change ones mood .

Starlequin

Starlequin wandered through the Ministry's halls for several hours, looking for the designated meeting chamber with anxiety that grew faster than Devil's Snare. His first week assigned to the Ministry, his first big meeting, his first chance to show that he wasn't a total lost cause -- and he was blowing it. It didn't help matters at all that everyone else seemed so monumentally busy, so distracted by (well, actually focused on) their own tasks that absolutely no one seemed interested in deigning to point the poor man toward his proper destiny. Which, to Starlequin, said pretty much all that needed to be said about things. He was a nobody, he'd always been a nobody, and now he'd miss what would almost certainly be his only chance ever to not be a nobody, and all because he was too much of a nobody for anybody to notice that somebody was missing...but of course, even if somebody noticed anybody was missing, it was likely that nobody would care about somebody who was so clearly a nobody that they didn't matter to anybody.

'Oughta just chuck the whole mess and go back and join the family business; all mum and dad would do is laugh at me, that wouldn't be so terrib- hey, what's that?'

Commotion down the end of a nearby walk roused Star from his thoughts and his curiosity got the better of him, pulled him toward the ruckus and he peered around the corner to find...the meeting hall! 'I did it, I did it, I did it!' He thought, beaming and dancing a quick jig before his tattered dignity reared its bruised head and bade him enter in a manner befitting his station. And anyone who knew him would say that's exactly what happened.

Unfortunately, Starlequin neglected to watch his step as he crossed the room's threshold, and his left boot caught on the hem of his (slightly oversized hand-me-down) robe, which jerked him forward... which sent him sprawling against a small end table... which bumped against a shelf... which knocked over a jar of greenish-looking powder... which shattered atop the table and dusted Starlequin with a rather liberal dose of enchanted Madagascar Horned Frog skin. As the undiluted potion ingredient wafted over Starlequin's quickly-mutating form he fell to the floor and writhed in discomfort, and simultaneously attempted to remain as small and quiet and unobtrusive as possible, in order not to disrupt the others. The vote was up for a new Minister of Magic, and he absolutely didn't want to be the one that caused such an important and historic even to screech to a halt!

During a lull in the voting, Starlequin managed to lift a purple-tinged hand and squeaked from his spot on the floor near the back of the room.

"Um, I, uh. I think that...um...Josietta would make an excellent Minister...um...and, could someone please help me with a conjuration to get this stuff off me before my bones begin to shift? I'd greatly appreciAGH!...n-never mind, no ru-u-ush..." Starlequin whimpered as his innards began to twist and melt into each other. He fumbled with his wand and muttered quietly to himself, trying to recall the proper motions and incantations as the raw magic wound through his body. "Ugh, Coriolearis? No...Amberflagus? No, that's not...maybe Experitanio? Ahh, I'll never remember it..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Chelemar

Chelemar slid gray robes across slender shoulders.  Beckenridge, she snapped her fingers, calling her broom to her, she'd long ago decided that it was silly to call her broom, well broom.  It seemed to her the same as calling her familiar fox familiar, fox or any of the house elves, Elf.  Well, anyway, the ride to the shiny red telephone call box was blessedly peaceful.  She enjoyed entering the Minestry this unconventional way.  Really, flue was fine but call box was more exciting and no soot.   Grinning to herself as she adjusted her hat and straightened her skirt as she stepped off the elevator and entered the grand chamber where voting was to be held. 

A bit of a shiver slid down her spin at the reason they were all being called.  Could the rumor's be true?  Could there really be a new... OWSNBN'd?  Shivering again at the thought, she quick stepped into the room.

There were a few others there before her, but no one she didn't know if only in passing, and as she walked through she smiled and nodded to them.  "Good day, BiMi, Remi, Aiden, Guy, Luna.  A pleasure to see you."  Though she did not stop to speak with anyone at that moment, as she made her way to her seat so as not to interfere with judging.

Lifting a grey gloved hand to her face she stifled a giggle as Remi made his flourish into the room.  He could be such a ponce, but he was adored by so many.   And BeMi, how perfectly lovely she was. So tiny yet, those flaming locks.

Her eye's flicked over at Aiden, and off again as a blush heated her cheeks at his words regarding Josi.  Though she handled what he said graciously and made a pretty speech afterwards. 

The vote today was important for so many reasons.  Guy it seems, is qualified.  She tapped her finger to the side of her nose once before announcing in a clear contralto, "I vote ThatRPGuy." 

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 3
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 2
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 2

Yet to Vote:
James Moriarty, Kendra, MCsc, Moirae, Mr Bigglesworth, Niferbelle, persephone325, SunshineSparkle
I can go from southern belle to ghetto thug faster than you can say "Bless your heart".

persephone325

A petite girl had been keeping to herself, reading a book. However, when she realized that they were casting votes for their Minister of Magic she voiced her vote without hesitation;

"I vote for BeMi."

Then, she returned to reading her book.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

James Rutherfuther Persnivus Canterbury Willard Buckminster Moriarty, IV, tottered into the halls of the Ministry -- it had been many years since he had been there.  At least, he couldn't remember having been there recently -- then again, though he still had a few spells left in him, he was getting on.  He recognized a few other Wizards and Witches and smiled and nodded, trading pleasantries and enjoying the company.  Why, there was young Remiel -- hadn't he just seen a poster advertising his new book, "Memoirs of a Wizard Ahead of His Time"? -- and Beguile's Mistress -- ah, her enthusiasm was undimmed by the troubling tasks ahead -- and so many others he had met during his many, many, many, many years on Earth.

Old enough to have seen other Dark times, he was concerned that the Ministry band together early and with conviction so that they could stand as one against any Wizard who would attempt to "cleanse" the Wizarding or Muggle worlds.  He cleared his throat and began to speak to those near him.  "Back when I was growing up, we..."  He was distracted then, listening to others make their votes for the next Minister.  When silence fell again, he remembered that he had been speaking.  "Oh, where was I?  Ah yes, right.  ThatRPGuy seems like a nice enough fellow.  Let's hope that he can bring the Wizarding community together to..."

Someone had brought a plate of cupcakes and cookies, and once again distracted, James' voice trailed off as he took a nice big yellow frosted one.  He smiled as he took a small bite.  "Did anyone bring any milk?"

Kendra

Kendra Snickersnout sat behind her desk staring up at the flutter of papers above her, she wished at times for the return of the owl posts no matter that the mess had been abysmal. These notes were just far too impersonal for her tastes. One fluttered down to her as if it were more urgent than the rest and sighing loudly she plucked it from the air and read through it carefully.

"Ah I thee" she spoke with a thick lisp through her prominent teeth, pushing her ample bosom upwards as if mollified by what she had read, "stho a new ministher issth being voted on."

Being a minister at the Ludicrous patents office for far too many years now, Maude was certain that her fantastic skills in recognising genius over stupidity was being called upon in such an important matter.
"Well ruling out all the sthupid candidatess, and theresth plenty of thosthe. I sthink Josietta isth a stholid choice" she wrote as much down with her quill and sent the inter-departmental message back for tallying, delighted that her vote had been sought.

Niferbelle

Niferbelle entered the room quietly and stood in the background, leaning against the doorway as she listened to the discussion around her. She smiled a little to herself thinking that she might vote for Kendra just to give everyone ample opportunity to enjoy the lispbut in the end Niferbelle was not cruel as to make a public mockery of anyone. She wasn't entirely convinced of the efficacy of politicians but she thought she should weigh in none-the-less.

"I think the minister needs to be someone decisive. So in keeping with that idea, I vote for Aiden who's not too polite to speak up and say he wants the job."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi laughs at that last remark as she's never heard anyone accuse Aiden of being too polite.  Leaning an elbow on the table and her chin in her hand she wonders if that's a smirk making his mouth look like that.

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth had been sitting quietly studying, and contemplating who would be best for the job - "To me the one who would be most objective is Josietta.  With that he sat back down, and brushed his disheveled hair away from his eyes and got back to work.

Sarena

Vote Tally:

Josietta 6
ThatRPGuy 3
Aiden 3
Kythia 2
Remiel 1
Beguile's Mistress 2

Yet to Vote:
MCsc, Moirae, SunshineSparkle

Last Call!  We'll be moving on to Night One Tuesday morning around 8ish.  Sooner if everyone votes before then.  :)

SunshineSparkle

The dark haired witch dropped her book and glasses on the wood desk, she had been paying a closer attention to the voting session. She had been so absorbed by her papers that she hadn't realized it was close to an end
Sunshine raised her head and smiled at Josietta "My vote is for her"

O&O    A&A    Avatars

RedPhoenix

"So um, I may be new to these life and death situations (I was on vacation in the Caribbean when Voldemort attacked Hogwarts, don't look at me that way it was beautiful!) And i'm a little confused. Why is everyone voting for Josietta? Remiel seems like the only one who has said what he'll actually do if we vote him in? Or is this just the sort of thing you need to know?"

Red seems a little concerned, worried maybe she is out of her depth here.

Beguile's Mistress

A vote for Remiel is a vote for Remiel  But a vote for Josietta is a vote for Hogwarts!