The complete DC Universe. (Interest check/Recruiting still.)

Started by Batman4560, August 17, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 24, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
Thanks, sadly though my sentence/grammar is something I cannot much do about as English is second language and also have dyslexia top of that.

No matter English is evolving to be simpler, many of the basic rules are there but who bothers anymore.  :D

I will finish up my character today or tomorrow, its not the only one.

Vaulera

So, as a 'full universe' sort of deal, are timelines like the Young Justice style one out of the question, or are they still in play?

Batman4560

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 24, 2013, 02:51:20 AM
Thanks, sadly though my sentence/grammar is something I cannot much do about as English is second language and also have dyslexia top of that.
Given the situation I think we can all look past it then. I still want you in the group.

Batman4560

Quote from: Vaulera on August 24, 2013, 09:34:28 AM
So, as a 'full universe' sort of deal, are timelines like the Young Justice style one out of the question, or are they still in play?
Can you elaborate on that a bit more? Id like to give you the best answer possible? Do you mean like "Is Young Justice currently Active?"

Vaulera

So, what I meant by that would be, yes, would it be active in the form we last saw it, with nightwing retired, Aqualad as the leader and Kid Flash dead, as well as Artemis/ Tigress gone?

Batman4560

Nope, justice league hasn't formed yet and so on and so fourth. Everyone is free to make teams.

RubySlippers

I want to hook up with Harley she is a bit ,hot, but I'm still working out some things and a writing sample.

Batman4560

JDrew Spider

I'd be interested in playing a Villianess. I would like to play as Morgaine Le Fey or Volcana. Though Volcana walks the line.

If not than Huntress is fine with me. :)
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Batman4560

RubySlippers

I redesigning my concept I'm making the ring a true stubborn sentient being that doesn't want to serve the Guardians and neither does she so she was the only Lantern able by force of united will to defy the Guardians. So they are not happy what if other rings refuse them and find such stubborn iron willed wearers and all so they consider her a "wild card". She would point out the ring chose her, she chose the ring and she does fight evil just is a defender of Earth and its people not a "beat cop".

Her powers are going to be a bit less powerful and some ring powers she won't have (or use) but will have some unique ones to.

Batman4560

Sounds good. If we can get one more player Ill be posting up an OOC thread and In Game thread.

Gannameade

You got me I am in.  I would like to have Icon and Black Adam.

Batman4560

Gannameade

Name: Augustus Freeman IV
Alias: Icon
Inclination (Hero or Villain) Hero
Description 6'2", 250# Muscular Athletic build, Brown Eyes, Black hair, Well hung.  Can be charming till his buttons are pushed wrong.
Skills: Martial Arts various, versed in many terrestrial and galactic languages, Law, Medicine, Energy Weapons, Oriental weapons
Powers

Icon's lifepod altered his DNA so he would resemble a normal human being, thus enabling him to blend among Earth's natives. A side effect of this process was the maximization of his now human/alien genetic structure. Thus, Icon possesses a variety of superhuman abilities that are unusual even for a Terminan.
Superhuman Strength: Icon possesses vast superhuman strength that is nearly on par with Superman's.
Superhuman Speed and Reflexes: Icon possesses the ability to think, move, and react at superhuman speeds.
Superhuman Stamina: Icon possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.
Flight: Icon flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Icon can fly far beyond supersonicspeeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.
Superhuman Senses: Icon possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
Enhanced Mental Perception: Icon possesses the ability to sense &comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities, making him slightly Telepathic.
Invulnerability: Icon seems to possess nigh-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, high caliber bullets, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.  If he is not expecting an attack, he can be injured more easily.   However, in a fight with Superman, he took numerous blows from the Man of Steel and was able to match his endurance.
Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability to injury, it is possible to injure Icon. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body. 
Longevity: Ages at a very slow rate, he still appears in his late to mid-twenties having lived through the civil war. 
Energy Generation: Icon has the ability to generate and control a radiant energy based on positrons. He can manipulate this energy for various effects.
Concussive Force Bolts: Icon can release positron energy from his hands as bolts of concussive force.  A low power force bolt can flick on a light switch while a force bolt at maximum power can stagger Superman.
Stun Bolts: Icon can project low-energy bolts that render human beings unconscious by disrupting the electrical impulses in their nervous systems. Icon can also use these bolts like an electromagnetic pulse to overload electronic devices.
Energy Enhanced Punches: Icon can focus positron energy into his fists, which he can then use to shatter virtually any substance.
Energy Pulse: Icon can release all of his body's positron energy as a massive omnidirectional pulse of devastating power.
Positron Field: Icon can detect the presence of others like him within his vicinity by flooding an area with a field of positrons. The field interacts with the invisible quantum well.

Sexual Inclination (straight, bi, same sex )straight
Wants to:  Have a girlfriend he could totally let go with and not worry about breaking.  Ms. Right, but he will even settle for Ms. Right-now
Won't ever: gay, excrement, death, mutilation

History:
In 1839, an alien starliner malfunctioned and exploded, jettisoning a life-pod in the middle of a cotton field in the American South. The pod automatically altered the appearance of its passenger, named Arnus, to mimic the first sentient life-form who discovered him. That life-form was a slave woman named Miriam, who saw the pod crash land.
In the present, Arnus is still with us. He did not age visibly beyond adulthood; to disguise this fact, he periodically assumes the identity of his own son. By the late 20th century, he is posing as Augustus Freeman IV, the great-grandson of his original human identity. Still marooned, Arnus/Freeman waits for Earth's technology to catch up to his lifepod's. Secretly possessing superpowers that belie his human appearance, he has always performed quiet acts of charity. With the appearance of others Augustus feels it is now time to step from the shadows and take his place fully helping humanity.

Augustus looked out from his penthouse apartment.  He helped to pay to have the building built, the provision was that he got the top floor.  It would serve to hide his comings and goings.  It wasn’t his only place, but this one allowed him to see the city.  As a protector it was his mission to help them all out.  Having been here for a while he had come to accept his role.  It had taken him awhile to accept his role however before.  As he preferred to stay out of trouble, he needed to help to protect from within the confines of the law.  It seemed those who sought to broke the law.  Became smarter, some of the criminals became very smart working on just inside of the law, right on the edge.  Sometimes crossing the line was necessary to make others see, that the scales of balance sometimes tipped in the favor of the criminal.
Despite his misgivings it now became time to tip the scales back in the favor of justice, what was right.  He looked at the statue in front of the courthouse where he was a lawyer now, from time to time.  He could see it from here as his eyes focused on the details, even at this distance.  He thought he was doing the right thing, he was defending those that couldn’t defend themselves.  He hated the fact that it was simply a game to some, manipulating the lives of others for their own gain.

He looked down on the city, sirens, gun sounds, beating, muggings, these people needed defenders on both sides of the coin, those that fight for them in the courts and on the streets.  He could hear them even from here, the pain, the fear, the affliction.  That, that was inflicted on them, some by their own choosing, some by others.  He knew if he made this step into the public eye like the ‘bat’ of Gotham.  There would be no turning back.  He would have to lie to keep himself and those he cared about hidden.  He turned and walked back over to the bed.  He looked down at the suit that seemed to have been constructed for him…long ago.  Even the mask concealed his face easily, as his abilities would sometimes conceal his acts.  This was his one chance to back out, to simply be a lawyer.  Perhaps one day even a judge.

He moved quickly with the material in his hands.  Seconds later, only the mask remained left to be dawned.  The energy that coursed through his body daily seemed to be heightened with his decision.  He had practiced with his powers, long before now he knew his abilities.  Now all that was left….was.  “Using them!”  He said to himself as he looked at the mirror with the masked face looking back at him.

Justice may have been blind…..but he wasn’t!!  He knew he couldn’t do this alone…there would have to be others.

Batman4560

Looks good thus far but can I get a sample and origin story for him so I can just make sure he will fit?

Google

I was thinking I might want to try to slip in Jason Todd, have always liked the second Robin but don't like how DC has been handling him... so could Red Hood somehow fit in?
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Batman4560

Of course, Red Hood is a personal favorite of mine.

Google

Then maybe I will cook up a way to slip him in.
I was going to portray him as a character on the edge, at a cross roads of his life when it comes to what he feels he should be and what his mentor wanted him to be.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

RubySlippers

Coming along slowly need to tighten the powers and come up with a weakness, besides having other GL not trust her since the Guardians don't. And no interstellar wormholes since she and the ring had to shut that down to not be recalled to Oa again. Its fun thought the ring is sentient and good but won't be pushed around from her duty imprinted by her grandfather to protect humanity and the innocent. I'm thinking the ring was experimental by one of the Guardians and it went ,er, unexpectedly odd. Would not be the first mistake one did look at Parallax. At least the ring is a force for good.

I'm mulling over a villain how far back can I go in the canon for ideas?

Batman4560

Like I said, everyone is in their first year as a hero/villain to the public so if its someone from your characters past feel free to go back as far as you want.

RubySlippers

Not sure then which one some could be just fun I will do my heroine first.

Batman4560

RubySlippers

If Batman was in I would bring in the Penny Plunderer he was yanked out of the Batman mythos entirely. I would give him immortality and magic as long as it involves pennies.  :D

Batman4560

Lol. Well batman is around. I just didn't take him because I don't want to be selfish.