The Owl's Keep

Started by Alliance, June 03, 2011, 02:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

Madness is a man's design. Its what he uses to keep those lesser and inferior to him from stealing his throne. Its what kings use to keep those who oppose ideas of the king. It keeps those who speak of revolution quiet. Though madness isn't always a man's design. There are stories and legends of the former prince of the Chillded descending into madness the moment he was exiled from his the forest and his hometown. There are tales and whispers that the Oxmen of the south can descend into alcoholic madness. Madness is the corruption of this world.

Its what brought and birthed the Defaced. Its what created seething demons, the negative energy burrowing its way down into the infernal hells and eaten away by those poor creatures who feast on negative energy. Though this is all starting to sound like another mad man, blaming those for his idle hallucinations and stalled philosophy on others. I have been to the demon's cathedral a number of hands. It would appear they too pray like us men, us human. They had always prayed, prayed to not Lucifer which was man's creation, but to a creation all their own. Demons creating further beyond their bounds, some say crazy and others may just believe it.

Though that's for a different tale and I digress from the original point. There have been rumors, whispers, about the Owls appearing to the lands again. Once dead and their existence shattered the kingdoms believed themselves to live in peace again. Yet, in the Windom Woods they say they hear the prophecies of wisdom speaking from the Owls. The kings seen them, though some think he's gone mad, the Owls that is. And not those dainty owls we see on trees with their wings, those are only their messengers. Seers; prophets of mad desire, there is that word again mad, their eyes sewn shut and their tongues cut out. The Owls with their armor seek and sought to destroy us the way we did to them.

And on the fourth night the city burns with their undead minions and their trained wild beast, once said to have disappeared with the Owls. And they did and they rose when the Owls awoke.

-----------------------------------

Plot:

This is a home brew fantasy RP. I have worked on the world myself for years now. And this is another RP in the massive series. There was the Cosmic Dawn which was my very first RP within in this realm. Each RP doesn't spear off one another so don't be afraid if you have never read the Cosmic Dawn or the second in the series A Radiant Fire or Fantaga. This is my newest installment and I decided to try here.

The story takes place when the city of Teintra is under siege. An ancient forge of knights called the Owls, for many of them were maddened philosophers and mutated creatures of wise, have awoken. Probably a little upset from their initial wipe out, the Owls have sought to exact revenge against the kingdoms. Each kingdom belonging to each of the races.

The Chillded, the best way I can explain them is by using an elf as an example. All though not nature spirits or people who read nature. They do live in forest, but more closely to the mana fields within in caves. There is a special tree called the Mandrake in which its sap spews a potent spiritual liquid that is said to be the source of mana. Its what wizards use to restore exhausted mana reserves. Though the Chillded are known to safely guard their mana plants.

There is also the Oxmen of the north. The highly more adaptive race of a minotaur like species. They live in colder climates and posses both strength and the flexibility for climbing mountains.

The other races will be also announced at a later time when this RP is up.

The main story is that the king sends for the best of the best, be it they criminals or be it they knights of their kingdom. The races must rise against the prophets of old and their undead and demonic army.

Psypher

What would character options be?

Alliance

Quote from: Psypher on June 06, 2011, 04:50:11 AM
What would character options be?

Well since I hadn't recovered any interest I hadn't bothered putting the races.

Character Options are limitless. You can be anything or anyone you can think of. And the classes and such are for you to decide and create.

If I gather more interest, hopefully, I will write down the seven races. But since this has been sitting in low tide, I just didn't see the yet considered point.

Psypher

I create lots of homebrew classes,  meant for D&D but all that means is it has numbered stats.   They can be turned into described character fluff.

My two favorite classes (in order)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201074
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201563

The second is more playable in most games.

Alliance

Quote from: Psypher on June 06, 2011, 05:07:52 AM
I create lots of homebrew classes,  meant for D&D but all that means is it has numbered stats.   They can be turned into described character fluff.

My two favorite classes (in order)
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201074
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201563

The second is more playable in most games.

I'd prefer the seven races I have created for my world. If that's okay with you?

Psypher

~Races~
Those were classes though.

What classes are available then?  Rogue like thieves,  Paladin fighters for good.   ect.

Alliance

Quote from: Psypher on June 06, 2011, 05:24:18 AM
~Races~
Those were classes though.

What classes are available then?  Rogue like thieves,  Paladin fighters for good.   ect.

Sorry I got confused.

Classes are the usual brand of classes, as well as some you make on your own.

The Osteokinetic couldn't fit in this RP because of the psychic power thing. Magic works a little differently in this world.

Psypher

Hmm.  Well I'll check back when it starts getting more filled and races and stuff are added.   

Alliance

Quote from: Psypher on June 06, 2011, 05:50:41 AM
Hmm.  Well I'll check back when it starts getting more filled and races and stuff are added.

I need more people for that. hahahaa.