Recruitment thread for In Dreams

Started by Thesunmaid, May 19, 2014, 02:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

This is from a chat play I have had going in one form or another for a while. The games sort of grown out of years of playing a few key characters and my own weird tastes and imagination. I myself like horror and fantasy.My plots tend to have magic and NPC's which are made up as I go along. I also love Character driven plots and encourage players to make their own or suggest things.

The setting is basically another realm. Have you ever wondered why you sometimes have dreams that seem so real you wake up wondering if that was real and this is the dream? Have you ever had a dream you wished you could stay in? Or perhaps you just like to day dream imagining you are someone different from your real life and want to escape into some other world. The boring accountant might be a female dark elf who leads raids upon towns and villages...the mild mannered mother of 4 might escape into a fantasy of being a biker chick stripper with the power to move things with her mind? Basically this setting allows you to play one of two things. A denizen of the dream world. Something supernatural and interacts with your environment Or you could play a dreamer. You go to sleep at night and show up in the dream realm as what ever it is you want to play. Canon and original characters are all welcome. They don't have to be in the same book,movie,game or TV show either. Any thing you want to play with in some limits of course is welcome. The dream realm is powered by dreamers and with out them it would fade away.

Why do some come to this place when they dream and not others...who knows.Everyone is different really.

I am planning on putting this in small groups extreme for now. I am not sure how many regulars and I would like not to get ahead of myself assuming a large group game.I will also be keeping it as free form. I have tried system games and honestly..I find I keep tossing rules out because they limit my plots. So yeah free form whoo.

This RP will be open to anyone who wants to play.Your race, gender, sexual preferences ,and even species will not be judged here and any one who feels the need to be a bully occly to anyone will be asked to leave. We will also be open to anyone no matter what your RP experience.New to E welcome and experienced..yay.

The game is literally a dream so you can have pretty much any setting you like but the main sort of sandbox we will have is a city that is always cloaked in twilight.A sort of darker dangerous place where there is dangerous things lurking in the shadows. If your looking for sweetness and light..well..yeah not really the place for you.

I would like this game to be basically a plot driven game with smut thrown in for fun.I don't know about anyone else but nothing but smut gets boring really fast for me. If that's what you like cool which is why we have a sort of welcoming place that is set in a fetish club called Dark symphonies. The owner a dream walker who makes sure any new people are able to transition safely and finds their way(unless you want to get lost). We will find a way for you to come in if your not sure.

I would like to have people posting at least once a week although I get real time gets in the way and I am OK with that. Just let us know if your able.

So yeah that's my idea. I could pretty much write a phone book on plot ideas I have but basically its a play what ever strikes your fancy dream setting and sex is always welcomed but should not be the only draw. I am hoping no one is bored from reading this.I am just trying to give as much info as I can with out making people roll their eyes at the amount of text.

Oh and before any one asks"What can I play?" My answer is"What do you want to play?"

If your interested let me know and I will get to work with my lovely co GM to set this up and get things moving. PM me or answer here...which ever you prefer.

The threads ooc and list of threads are here.

OOC thread and other assorted links
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Marie Reynolds

Hmm this looks like it could be fun. I'll keep an eye out to see if this picks up interest.

AndyZ

Curious to see what happens with this and where it goes.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thesunmaid

OK so that's two interested and I think I have a few more people on board besides myself and Co-Gm who is having surgery today so she will be laid up for a short while but I will look into getting a thread or two together when I get off work today.:)
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Marie Reynolds

So I would like to bring another Dream Walker that polices the dream city.He Tries to curb the increasing tied of Malicious dream entities with his talent in shaping objects and the ability to an extent to shape the environment around him. The larger and more difficult the more time it takes and more energy it takes. He might be able to make a home or a impromptu shelter but could leave him enirely exhausted unable to do anything.This is just a rough idea of his capabalities and obviously be willing to work on its details. Oh i think he would have in his past built an Asylum in the dream scape to keep those he has captured as he tries and rehabilitates or keep them there so they can no longer be a threat. So I hope something like this fits in with what you had in mind?

Thesunmaid

sure I am going to be working on getting a setting and sheets up tonight and I will post links in here. My hubby put his back out last night trying to be 20 years old again and my lovely co GM had back surgery on Tuesday...so i am not having any luck with backs for people around me as of late. lol So I will have something toggled together soon promise.

Marie Reynolds

Alright no rush i wanted to just get my idea down somewhere before it flew away.

Fanshawe

**my O/O and A/A are woefully dated. Feel free to PM :)

Thesunmaid

I will have a page and a sheets and such soon I just got off work. calls ran long. Now i need to cook and then work on things.

Thesunmaid

All right I have the threads up and they are linked above if anyone wishes to take a look :)

Datawych

Giving tentative interest for this one. I'm a bit hesitant to try to get back into group roleplays, as I always seem to pick ones that quickly self destruct. I'm wondering how many players you're looking for; a small group interests me more than a large one.

Thesunmaid

well so far the only people who have posted is myself and my co gm. I figured it was just a case of if i start posting then people might follow. I am not sure how big the game would get but i do have a few others that are looking things over. I can understand your hesitation. I felt the same way for a long time.