News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Arena aka 1v1, FFA, or Teams

Started by lemaunt702, May 21, 2014, 01:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemaunt702

I've always like the idea of Role Playing matches between characters that would be enjoyable to read and play. If anyone is interested I think you could post a couple of characters you are comfortable with for people to challenge or we could set it up that there is an arena master that would randomly pair matches between character. (Most likely if you have more than one. They will not fight against each other but may be used in team matches.

Let me know if there is any interest in this style of RP.

EdwardShane

Might be interested in this, especially if special powers are allowed.  Is there a skeleton for characters you had in mind?

Warlock

How were you thinking of doing this, using a system or going for freeform?  Any specific setting or using a mish-mash of characters from different eras and universes such as Marvel, Firefly, Star Wars, Warhammer (40k), etc?

lemaunt702

Powers are allowed but I don't want anyone significantly more powerfull than the other meaning that fights don't have to be completely one sided and people can enjoy fighting anyone else. Obviously your character has styles that he is more suited to fight against and are weak against but it shouldn't be to the point of not having any fun.

I was thinking more free form. Anything from mages and knights all the way to space troopers and aliens. Pretty much anything is allowed to the point of not God Modding. like I said the point is more oriented to have fun and produce good descriptive fights to read, not to overwhelm another character.

scribus1000

I'm rather interested in this, had an idea kind of like it but not exactly the same, for one it certainly wasn't non-adult. Regardless, I'd like to see where this goes.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

lemaunt702

Well if I get approved we could possibly due a adult one but for now I will just try to organize this. Maybe in the adult one winner could get the spoils but that's something else entirely.

Anyone want to help me come up with a character sheet?

scribus1000

Full Name:

Height/Weight:

Race:

Nationality:

Hair color:

Eye color:

Personality:

Abilities:

Like so?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

lemaunt702

Psyonicg

I would love to join in this, I have a character who I could throw in without any sort of work, she's already fleshed out. Up for a new person joining?
O&O's

Breathe, Feel, Sense, Submit.
If you know what this means then consider yourself my friend, if not then I think it's time we changed that!

lemaunt702

I don't mind at all. Just fill out a character sheet and I should get around to making mine and we can start our first battle.

Psyonicg

Quote from: lemaunt702 on August 25, 2014, 01:14:53 AM
I don't mind at all. Just fill out a character sheet and I should get around to making mine and we can start our first battle.

By filling out a Character Sheet, do you mean the list of information scribus1000 posted?
O&O's

If you know what this means then consider yourself my friend, if not then I think it's time we changed that!

lemaunt702

Psyonicg

Full Name: Delanyia Forsaken

Height/Weight: 6'3", It's not polite to ask that.

Race: Draenei - World of Warcraft race, blue skinned and six foot tall with horns, tail and goat hooves.

Nationality: Alliance

Hair color: Deep Azure

Eye color: Changes depending on current personality control. See abilities*

Personality: Changes depending on control.

Abilities: Delanyia has four different vying personalities within her which have wildly different abilities.

• Standard - Paladin: Golden Eyes, Uses a shield and a sword and is very defensive. Controls the magic of light energy and can cast a large array of healing and shielding spells as well as enchanting her shield to use as a weapon. Also a very good sword fighter and has a few divine light abilities which can lend her temporary feats of power such as flight or immunity to damage but cannot be used in rapid succession without serious ramification. Wears silver/golden plate armour.
  • Inshalia's control - Death Knight: Black eyes, uses two swords and is hyper aggressive. Can use dark magic to throw bolts of energy, throw people and summon shades of darkness. Can also use the souls of the fallen trapped in her armour to torment people and throw them of balance. Is a master swordfighter and is extremely agile, incorporating lots of flips and rolls into her fighting style. Wears a dark black metal armour which seems to absorb magic and blunt force.   
  • Demon's control - Succubus: Pink eyes. Under the demon's control Delanyia is eager to feel pain and will fight with a wild abandon using her whip and fel magic, relying heavily on using her natural resistance to ignore enemy attacks and then strike at them with sickening and weakening blows before using her whip to strangle them to death and inhale their last breath. Wears very little but the cloth and straps glow with a strange magic.
  • Blood rage Control - Insane: Red eyes, rips forward with sharp claws and teeth and a speed so fast she blurs and vanishes into the shadows. Attempting to pick people's armour off and then stab them she is almost impossible to hit in this form although when she clutches to someone she is momentarily weak. In this form she is shrouded in energy that doesn't stop blows at all but helps her move
  • United - Demigod: White eyes, Occasionaly the different beings in Delanyia will admit that they need to work together to stop a common threat and in this form she can use anything from any of her forms and wears a set of white armour that glows with magic, weighs nothing and blocks the majority of mundane weapons. However this form frays her mind and after 20-30 seconds of this form she begins to fracture, resulting in wild bursts of energy and screams of pain. These bursts of energy can still kill if they hit something but after a while she will revert to her standard form

Hope this is what you're looking for!
O&O's

lemaunt702

I like the character and it's very well thought out but it seems a tad powerfull for this kind of format. I have a couple of questions before I would bring a character in the arena against this person. How fast can she change "forms". Also are these different people controling her or is it just that she has a split personality? Because if thats the case how did she become so powerful in each aspect of her power. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "Jack of many trades. Master of none." I've never been a fan of characters that break that rule.

I'm not saying you can't have the character but it's just not something that I feel any of my character can stand up against.

Psyonicg

Quote from: lemaunt702 on August 30, 2014, 12:51:13 AM
I like the character and it's very well thought out but it seems a tad powerfull for this kind of format. I have a couple of questions before I would bring a character in the arena against this person. How fast can she change "forms". Also are these different people controling her or is it just that she has a split personality? Because if thats the case how did she become so powerful in each aspect of her power. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "Jack of many trades. Master of none." I've never been a fan of characters that break that rule.

I'm not saying you can't have the character but it's just not something that I feel any of my character can stand up against.

She has four different actual, essences, in her which take control. Switching control is something which takes a serious toll on her and the different parts of her will often fight over what to do. Yes when she's working together she's nigh unstoppable but the day all four of her aspects are in sync is the day I stop roleplaying her. In most fights she'll falter in situations or stagger on a deadly blow. It's literally which ever aspect of her is strongest at that point will be in control and in a combat situation where energy is being used at a rapid rate the switches happen often and can happen at seriously key points causing her to lose momentum.
In regards to how she got so strong, Inshalia and Delanyia are both separate people who, with 4 years of roleplay, were forced into the same body. Delanyia at heart isn't cruel, vile or aggressive and she will usually try to stop a fight, to the rage of Inshalia. The blood rage state and her demonic form are both results of large scale magical events which impacted her and split her already broken mind further while gracing her with powers that make her stronger but also are patchy and unreliable at best. When I used to Roleplay her many people would complain that they were being thrashed and then I'd stagger "just to go easy on them" but it's part of her character. Even if she's losing it'll still happen, just less often because her different aspects have begun to get scared and are more willing to give control.
Hope that cleared stuff up, ask if you need to know anything more!
O&O's