Justice League Reborn (Reboot)

Started by Jarod1, March 30, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarod1

Ok tried this one and unfortunately didn't go very far. However I am game for trying again. Since we are starting over I'm game for letting people change characters.  I might even change the premise slightly.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and many more are gone. Darkseid has won and is progressing with his move to enslave mankind.  Most of the remaining heroes have gone underground having lost heart after the greatest of them have fallen. 

Now Dick Grayson the man known as Nightwing must take the mantel of his mentor, the mantel of the Batman and rally as many hero's as he can and build a new Justice League to combat the forces of Apokolips

I am looking for about 6 to 7 more hero's of the DC universe.  I don't really have any limits on who's still alive. Just the main members of the Justice League are for sure gone. Besides Dick Grayson, the only other character I would like to have in this story for sure is Supergirl, though I'm flexible.   I'm also thinking that Barbra Gordon as Oracle will be involved in a supporting role giving us intel.

If you are interested please let me know. Ideally I want a minimum of 7 but no more than 8.

Roster

1. Batman / Dick Grayson - Jarod1
2.Vixen - foxy ONI
3.Robin / Tim Drake - Strifesblaze7
4 Stargirl / Courtney Whitmore- Mia h
5.Aquaman / Garth or Tempest- deathnote
6.Wally West / Flash - Rave
11. Poison Ivy / Pamela Isley - Kristen

Rune

Would you have room for Valor (aka Mon-El), hopefully after he took the lead cure serum. Possibly sent to this reality/time after a run in with the Time Trapper.

Foxy DeVille

1SAZ

I'll take Kyle Rayner for the replacement lantern if that's alright. The Justice League needs it's paragon of will after all.

Jarod1

I'm happy to see I'm getting so much interest, and yes all of those are great. Go ahead and write up a bio for where you're characters are at present. My plan is that in the beginning the new batman will have to locate and recruit most of you

Batman4560

Is there any character you don't want to see in this game? Also is there some sort of character sheet you want us to fill out?

Jarod1

The only characters I don't want to see are those mentioned in the first post. The original batman, superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, the Martian, and original flash. Outside of that no. In fact I would even be fine with certain villains like luthor in his power suit acceptable as long as they make sense.

As for a character sheet, just real name, alias, list of powers, and short bio of were they are now. Mine will come soon.

Batman4560

Sorry for all the questions, I just like to cover my bases. By where they are now do you mean that everyone else is no longer members of the Justice league? And do they not know that the founding members are dead or why they are dead?

Strifesblaze7

Possibly interested in Red arrow or Robin. Would you have a preference of the two?
Is there a point where nobody cares

Jarod1

Basically by what they are doing now is what are they doing now. I expect many hero's will have gone underground after the epic battle having lost their desire to fight. Others I'm sure are still fighting in their own way.

As for not knowing about the founding members death, it's common knowledge. Darkseid displayed their lifeless bodies world wide to inspire fear. Only Batman's fate is not known. Something I'm planning of Dick using to his advantage in the early going while recruiting allies.

Jarod1

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on March 31, 2014, 01:03:19 AM
Possibly interested in Red arrow or Robin. Would you have a preference of the two?

Red arrow would be fine, as would Robin as long as it's not Dick Grayson. Other than that no preference.

Jarod1

Name: Dick Grayson
Alias: Nightwing / Batman
Powers: no super powers. Acrobatic, martial arts, detective skills, gear and gadgets.
History: The first partner of Bruce Wayne. Later stepped out of his mentors shadow to become Nightwing. Former leader of the Teen Titans.

One of the survivors of the battle with Darkseid. He witnessed the death of many of earths greatest champions including Batman.  Before his mentor died he passed on a mission to him. To rebuild what was lost, and to defeat Darkseid.  Knowing the strength that the symbol of batman inspired Dick took the mantel for his own hoping to inspire others with it.  Now he must set out and build a new team and restore liberty and Justice to the world.

Strifesblaze7

Well, for Robin I would use Tim. The Robin in Arkham city. I would also probably use his appearance from the game as well. And with Red Arrow, I would likely use the hooded appearance in the arrow tv show though red instead of green.

Jarod1

Awesome either would work fine so whichever you prefer.

Strifesblaze7

After a look, ill take Robin.
Here is a sheet.
Name: Timothy Jackson Drake
Alias: Robin
Powers: No super powers, Genius intellect, acrobatic, detective skills, martial artist, staff and swordsmanship abilities. Gadgets and gear as well.
History: The third to take the title of Robin and witness to the death of Dick Grayson's family.

A survivor of the battle with Darkseid, though he was injured and recovering at the time of the battle that left the justice league in ruins and a supporter of Nightwing.

Jarod1

Still waiting for some character sheets, and also room is still available.

Strifesblaze7

Foxy DeVille

Name: Mari Jiwe McCabe

Alias: Vixen

Powers: Magically sharp claws, empathic communication with animals, intuitive danger sense, and the ability to mimic the abilities of animals within 150 feet. The Tantu Totem extends this mimicry to a global range, heals her of minor injuries in seconds, and helps her control the bestial urges her powers give her. Even without her superhuman abilities, she remains highly athletic and trained in combat.

History: Fashion model Mari McCabe used her inherited powers to become the superheroine Vixen. She served with many organizations, from the black ops team known as the Suicide Squad to the legendary Justice League of America.

Since the arrival of Darkseid, Vixen has made Detroit her home. Based out of the old JLA Bunker, she does what she can to help the people there. But the presence of the evil forces from Apokolips has had a negative effect on the Red, Earth's morphogenetic field. The normally poised and level-headed Vixen is finding it harder to control her animal instincts.

Jarod1

Jarod1

Still looking for a few more takers, however  I will start with the 5 of us if no more are I interested by Wednesday.

Deathnote

Assuming that you meant for Barry Allen to be the original Flash mentioned in the first post, I'll take Wally West as the Flash.  If you think he's too overpowered, how about if he had somehow lost his powers during the fight against Darkseid?  Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.  :p

Jarod1

No need to weaken him, and yes I was talking about Barry Allen.

Looks like the team is about rounded into shape. I've got someone interested in starfire, or Donna Troy as well.

Deathnote

Assuming we get Donna Troy, all we'll need then is for someone who's willing to play as Tempest (and maybe Red Arrow).  >_>

VoluptuousVixen

Il take Donna Troy if that's ok? Can I make her the new Wonder Woman?

VoluptuousVixen

DONNA TROY

Name: Donna Troy

Alias: Wonder Woman

Powers: Super strength, speed and flight.

Background: Donna is the *sister* to Diana Prince aka Wonder Woman. Inspired by Diana Donna left for Mans World.
She was the first female member of the Titans and her first love was Roy Harper aka Speedy. Donna was a Titan for the long haul.
Her best friend is Dick Grayson and then later Starfire and Raven. She even married and had a baby but both were tragically killed.
Donna was killed herself in the line of duty by a Superman Cyborge but was returned to life by the GODS. Since Wonder Womans *Death*
When Darkseid  invaded Earth Donna was taken up the mantle of Wonder Woman and fights alongside her surviving friends.

THEN

NOW

Jarod1

Yeah she can be the new Wonder Woman it only makes sense.

Jarod1

I shall start us off tomorrow and I will put up a link to our thread as soon as it comes available.

assleigh

Would either Zatanna... Or an apprentice whose stepped up to fill in her stiletto heeled shoes work? I loves thus Steampunk version of her:

The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

Sure Zatanna would be a perfect character to round out the team.

Character sheet is pretty simple
name:
Alias: if any
Powers and abilities:
Background and info on where you character is now

Rave

Actually, I see that 8th slot still open and before it gets stolen I'll be putting my pitch in. I'll probably be making a Wally West/Kid Flash turned Flash for this RP, I'll be putting together the CS in a minute.

Jarod1

Quote from: Rave on April 01, 2014, 12:07:49 PM
Actually, I see that 8th slot still open and before it gets stolen I'll be putting my pitch in. I'll probably be making a Wally West/Kid Flash turned Flash for this RP, I'll be putting together the CS in a minute.

Deathnote has actually expressed interest in playing as Wally west flash, I just had not put him up yet. If there is another character you would like to play I would still be happy to have you.

Rave

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 01, 2014, 12:18:09 PM
Death note has actually expressed interest in playing as Wally west flash of just had not put him up yet. If there is another character you would like to play I would still be happy to have you

Oh damn </3 Really wanted to play Wally for this one  :-X

But, there's a work around. Luckily there's enough speedsters to go around. So I can do a step down and do Bart Allen/Impulse who donned the mantle of Kid Flash after Wally took up the mantle of Flash.

Jarod1

That's perfect and he is approved. Now just waiting on confirmation from a few to make sure they are still interested. Will start this up tomorrow.

Deathnote

Name: Wally West

Alias: Kid Flash I / Flash III

Powers: Super Speed

Biography:

Wally West was the first Kid Flash, sidekick of the second Flash, Barry Allen.  He also happened to be the nephew of Iris West, Barry Allen's wife.  One of the founding members of the Teen Titans and later the Justice League as his mentor's replacement.  During an invasion by the Anti-Monitor, Barry Allen gave up his life to destroy an antimatter cannon that was aimed at Earth.  Wally would later take up the mantle and become the third Flash.  Eventually, Barry Allen would return from the dead and resume his career as the Flash... resulting in two Flashes running around.

The two Flashes would fight alongside each other against Darkseid's forces.  Unfortunately, Barry Allen died a second time during the battle against Darkseid himself.  This time, his death was permanent.

OOC Notes:
I'll be basing Wally West's characterization on the animated series Justice League and Young Justice .

Deathnote

Quote from: Rave on April 01, 2014, 12:19:07 PM
Oh damn </3 Really wanted to play Wally for this one  :-X

But, there's a work around. Luckily there's enough speedsters to go around. So I can do a step down and do Bart Allen/Impulse who donned the mantle of Kid Flash after Wally took up the mantle of Flash. He'd be around the same age as Donna Troy or Tim Drake.

I'd be willing to step down from Wally West and play as Tempest instead.  Seriously, I want the freakin' founding members of the Teen Titans back together again that badly.  :p

Rave

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 12:34:47 PM
I'd be willing to step down from Wally West and play as Tempest instead.  Seriously, I want the freakin' founding members of the Teen Titans back together again that badly.  :p

Oh!

Well if that's okay with Jarod (It'll be more main thread editing for him :P) I'm alright with that. I'll be making my own character sheet for him though (I'm such a big fanboy I have my own pictures for him and everything)

Jarod1

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

Willing to work with you guys. Just let me know what you want to do.  :)

Deathnote

I'll be playing as Garth, AKA Tempest / Aqualad I, the new King of Atlantis and the new Aquaman.

Purple eye beams ftw.  XD

Jarod1

Rave

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
I'll be playing as Garth, AKA Tempest / Aqualad I, the new King of Atlantis and the new Aquaman.

Purple eye beams ftw.  XD

I actually want to throw a twist in there, and have Wally pick the the Flash's identity but wear the Reverse Flash costume.

Jarod1

Quote from: Rave on April 01, 2014, 12:45:07 PM
I actually want to throw a twist in there, and have Wally pick the the Flash's identity but wear the Reverse Flash costume.

That sounds awesome. Have fun being creative with these characters.

Strifesblaze7

Rave

Previously: Kid Flash I
Name: Wally West.
Alias: Kid Flash I / The Flash III

Powers and abilities:
Wally's primary superpower is his ability to control the speed of which his body vibrates and to move at super speed, which he uses primarily to run at super-human velocities. This super speed is derived from his connection to the Speed Force: an extra-dimensional energy force from which most speedster heroes draw their powers. While most to all speedsters can make a connection and draw upon this force, West "mainlines" power from the Speed Force itself and cannot be cut off from the source. This connection to the Speed Force allows him additional abilities than other speedsters, such as lending and taking speed (which manifests in different ways, ranging from becoming speedsters themselves to bolstering others metabolisms and healing abilities, allowing them to recover from injuries in a fraction of the normal time).

Biography :
Wally West was born to Rudolph and Mary West in Blue Valley, Nebraska. As a boy, Wally would often daydream, most notably about being the Flash. He idolized the Flash and was the president and sole member of the Blue Valley Flash Fan Club. That is what led him to re-creating the experiment his uncle Barry did that resulted in the accident which turned him into the Flash. Thus, Wally became Kid Flash and often worked as a Side-Kick to the Real Flash. That is, until he died. After Darkseid annihilated everything, and the Justice League fell, the only remaining superheroes in the world were the ones not in the League. Many expected Wally to pick up his uncle and mentor's old costume, but he refused. The Flash as he was, was too weak. Instead, he picked up the Costume of the Reverse Flash, one that belonged to Daniel West (As of the New 52) which symbolized his new lack of hesitation and compassion. He was no longer the soft-spoken, caring Wally. Instead, he became a much more stern and colder Flash that wasn't afraid to get things done.

Deathnote

Name: Garth
Alias: Aqualad I / Tempest
Powers: Super Strength, Durability, and Amphibious.  Able to swim fast for great distances and survive extreme ocean depths.  Magical abilities include purple eye beams, water manipulation, sensing magical energies, postcognition, telepathy, dimensional travel, limited telekinesis, demonic summoning, and astral projection.  Inherited his predecessor's Trident of Poseidon.

Biography:
Formerly known as Aqualad, Garth was the teenage sidekick of Aquaman.  He was abandoned by an Atlantean group called the Idylists due to superstition about an ancient Atlantean prophecy.  Aquaman took him in and raised him as his own.  Garth would later become one of the founding members of the Teen Titans.  Garth would later be trained in the mystical arts and re-emerge as Tempest. Tempest helped lead the Atlantean Army against Darkseid's forces under the banner of his king, Arthur Curry, AKA Aquaman.  Half of the army was crushed and Aquaman was killed in battle against Darkseid himself.  Inspired by Dick Grayson, who spoke to him as the new Batman, Tempest crowned himself as the new King of Atlantis.

Rave

He actually looks ridiculously bad-ass. Not like Garth from Young Justice wasn't bad-ass enough.

Deathnote

I should probably try and find a different costume, though.  There appears to be a little too much red on the current roster.  >_>

Strifesblaze7

Jarod1

I need to get a pick up for Dick in his new outfit

Deathnote

Found a good costume I could use.  It's the one from Flashpoint Paradox.  I should probably find some time to watch that movie sooner or later.  >_>

Rave

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 01:56:38 PM
Found a good costume I could use.  It's the one from Flashpoint Paradox.  I should probably find some time to watch that movie sooner or later.  >_>

You actually should, it's amazing and full of gore. Plus, you know, the Flash travels through time likes it's nbd.

Strifesblaze7

suppose I ought to find a picture of Robin from Arkham city.

assleigh

I'm working on Zatanna's backstory... And a thought occurred to me...do you want everyone in Gotham or will Dick go walkabout to find them. I had the notion that Zatanna was on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked... So she could have used magic to keep the ship and everyone on it safe, hiding out in a tropical paradise... So would have to be tracked down and convinced to leave her happy place for the harsh life of a hero again.... Or I can have her leave the island of her own accord after ensuring their safety...which could become a plot point if the island gets discovered by Big bad D's forces...
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

No I don't want everyone in Gotham. Dick will come looking for you

Strifesblaze7

But it would make sense to have Tim already be with him right? Seeing as they both work Gotham

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

That black hood makes him look a little more like Red Robin.  :p

Strifesblaze7

I agree. I just like him in the arkham city style a lot.

Rave

VoluptuousVixen

Vixen, Zatanna, Stargirl and Donna!

Hell four women on a team is usually the MOST they have at any one time. Seems about correct to me....sadly.

Girl Power my sisters!

Deathnote

Well, Jarod did say he would like for there to be a Supergirl.  Maybe he could recruit for just that one last position?  ~_^

Strifesblaze7

I definitely agree at least being split five to five would be nice. Nobody gets left out then lol

Jarod1

I would like a few more ladies I was hoping for the number to be more even.

Strifesblaze7

Well it is only 6 to 4 right now. So supergirl and another lady hero?

Jarod1

Strifesblaze7

Jarod1

Quote from: assleigh on April 01, 2014, 02:22:13 PM
I'm working on Zatanna's backstory... And a thought occurred to me...do you want everyone in Gotham or will Dick go walkabout to find them. I had the notion that Zatanna was on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked... So she could have used magic to keep the ship and everyone on it safe, hiding out in a tropical paradise... So would have to be tracked down and convinced to leave her happy place for the harsh life of a hero again.... Or I can have her leave the island of her own accord after ensuring their safety...which could become a plot point if the island gets discovered by Big bad D's forces...

I like that idea a lot. My first post will really set things up of what's going on.

Deathnote

Would Darkseid be the only enemy?  I was thinking that with Aquaman out of the way, Ocean Master would move in and attempt to usurp the throne.  He might even attempt to do so via a smear campaign by blaming Aquaman for the "unnecessary" deaths of half the Atlantean army.  He could even have made a deal with Darkseid to secure his position as the new King of Atlantis.  This could lead to a sort of civil war between Garth and Ocean Master.

Jarod1

Quote from: Deathnote on April 01, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
Would Darkseid be the only enemy?  I was thinking that with Aquaman out of the way, Ocean Master would move in and attempt to usurp the throne.  He might even attempt to do so via a smear campaign by blaming Aquaman for the "unnecessary" deaths of half the Atlantean army.  He could even have made a deal with Darkseid to secure his position as the new King of Atlantis.  This could lead to a sort of civil war between Garth and Ocean Master.

I'm definitely open to other villains doing things. Possibly they even forged an alliance with Darkseid. I could see that happening.  They may plan to take power themselves at some point.

assleigh

I had a bunch of odd ideas about Zatanna and the people aboard ship. I was thinking:

- She is hiding in the Bermuda triangle, what better place to keep off the radar?

- Perhaps she's been finding places for people aboard ship to settle... Say dropping off some of the more bellicose women on Paradise Island, perhaps others she brought to Atlantis to strengthen their numbers post battle etc. So there could be little enclaves of reinforcements ready to strike against their oppressors. Maybe she could use her magic to make people Merfolk and Amazons...

- I'd envisioned her training some folks aboard ship magic, simple stuff, ley line healing and communications' so they could serve as medics and spies behind enemy lines.

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

I like those ideas though from the sounds of it Atlantis might not be all that safe.

mia h

Name : Stargirl
Alias : Courtney Whitmore

Powers : None
Abilities: Cheerleading, Gymnastics, Variety of martial arts but skills are more defensive than offensive. Some basic engineering knowledge.
Equipment:
Cosmic belt : Gives the Courtney enhanced strength & agility. It also allows Courtney to project 'Shooting Stars' which can disrupt electrical devices, such as the human nervous system.
Cosmic staff : Produces anti-gravity allowing Courtney to fly or levitate other objects. Courtney can also use the staff to fire energy blasts or construct force fields

City of Operation: L.A.

History: The technology that powers both the belt and staff was created by Courtney's stepfather Pat Duggan, a stepfather that Courtney didn't want or like. During one of Courtney's regular attempts to dig up some dirt on Pat she found the belt and staff hidden in an old steamer trunk and she decided to "borrow" them. It didn't take long for Pat to discover the theft but he agreed to let Courtney keep the belt and staff if she would let me train her. Over the six months that Courtney was active as a hero, she decided that Pat really wasn't that bad after all.
As one of the few heroes on the West Coast, Courtney realized there was very little she could do to stop Darkseid's forces from taking over, so she formed her own resistance cell of sorts. By day Courtney and her family make contacts and gather intel, by night Stargirl makes hit and run raids against Darkseid's forces, trying to bring a little hope to maybe the most cynical city on the planet.

Appearance:
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

assleigh

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 02, 2014, 12:59:25 AM
I like those ideas though from the sounds of it Atlantis might not be all that safe.

all the more reason to drop off some reinforcements to them...maybe specifically passengers with military/logistics backgrounds. Also any of the young, elderly or injured Zatanna could offer to take back to her Bermuda Triangle hidey hole. I figured she knew its 'secret' through her occult lore... I figured, literally, there be monsters and other magical weirdnesses there so it's really a place of last resort to go to.

My ONs and OFFs

Kristen

(Edited to include the segment: Abilities apologies everyone heh.)

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this fits in as I've just recently begun reading this topic so feel free to let me know if the below isn't something you're looking for in this story.

Name: Dr. Pamela Lillian Isley
Alias: Poison Ivy

Powers:
-Plantlife/Green-life manipulation
-Mind Controlling Pheromones

Abilities:
- Mild to intense hypnosis depending on the dose of spores that her victim is exposed to. As a personal RP preference, I love non-con but I hate the idea of a victim's character being turned into a mindless zombie. If a character falls under her 'spores' in this type of story, it'll play out as a type of puppetry control that forces their bodies to obey Ivy's command but keeps their mind perfectly intact. Mind control can be sloppy in a story sometimes and so I like the idea of keeping the mind of any character exposed to it fully in the hands of their writer.

NPC's... I figure might not be so rough to have fully exposed to her desires if they're exposed hehe. In terms of a writer-controlled character though, any hypnosis would be temporary and while it's done, their character would be fully aware and able to object, wanting to object, maybe hating what they're doing and trying desperately to stop it, only to find their bodies obeying the commands given to it. This is all something that can be discussed later.

- Vine control. Poison Ivy uses vines in general like an extension of her own body. Serpentine in nature, flexible, accessible and convenient, wherever she is, she's never far from a few underground snaking plants eager to keep her safe and serve a purpose.

- Plant control. Unlike vines... plant control reaches to flowers, trees and other green-life. Ivy can influence their growth, performance, amplify a trait or reduce it at a will. Almost as though she's talking to it and influencing it one way or the other. Scented flowers can be influenced to amplify their scent by a considerable amount if she's trying to impact a target walking through that area. Bushes can shift, growing, entangling, trees can extend a branch or shorten them... leaves can thicken or thin.

- Outfit plant manipulation - This is a bit of an extension on her branch manipulation. If she's wearing her plant-themed outfit, she can use the segments that form 'bracelets' or 'armbands' which are actually thin branch-lines in and of themselves to expand, or contract. Fabric of her plant-based attire can morph and thin out, extending from her body like another limb or coiling back, hugging her frame reverting to it's original form as a simple outfit.

City of operation:
To be determined hehe.

Notable personality traits and History:

An expert in the study of botany; Pamela's made a living in the study of plant-life. Frustrated with the limits of her position... providing studies and results for those in higher authority to decide what to do with it, to tank products or to take on particular tasks that Pamela disagreed with, she found herself only as efficient as her arguments were. To those who weren't held accountable to her arguments, this was horribly inefficient. This was a problem that Poison Ivy never had.

Without the inhibitions that Pamela Isley had to obey, Poison Ivy was capable of using her abilities and her ambition to further her cause. Her cause was environmentalism to the absolute maximum degree. Becoming a prominent eco-terrorist, lines were drawn in the sand that blurred right and wrong. To protect the world itself... the view was that the earth had to be saved. The earth sustained the population, and not the other way around. Right now the population was damaging the earth seemingly without remorse or any kind of long term plan to fix their habits.

As time evolved, 'right' and 'wrong' became defined more and more by the people affected in her ambition. For Poison Ivy, nature was to be protected and even strengthened in order to maintain it's existence. This drove a series of tests and experiments on her part that looked to strengthen the aspects of nature itself. Faster growing plants, stronger set vines... even poisonous thorns. Poison Ivy was not a murdering psychopath who had the time to go around killing one person at a time. No... she found such an idea to be horribly inefficient. Poison Ivy decided to allow nature to defend itself against mankind's most effective means of pollution and destruction.

Her initial plan was to develop a product that could be dispersed over a large plot of land and effect the growth of the trees, the flowers, the grass, the vines, amplifying their effects but also rendering them considerably tougher to 'manage' by those people trying to cope with this ever-growing 'park' of hers. Her experiment was an early success as those who tried to restrict the growth of the park with their weed wackers and pesky flame-throwers found themselves becoming targeted by the park itself, vines sprouting, grabbing at them. The aura of certain plants giving off a scent that was irritating and causing hallucinations.

Within the first few days, Poison Ivy's even acquired several 'squad' members who'd fallen under the influence of her spores and the vapors that identify her work among the garden. Using her pheromones and her spores, she finds herself able to amass supporters here and there to use them at her leisure...

Poison Ivy observed her test run with amusement. Unfortunately, there were still too many people... and as this was a test run, it was far from an overwhelming or surprising challenge that no one had time to solve. Eventually, the call was answered and the growing park-land found itself under one hell of a pest-control assault. Planes flying overhead dropping gas and fuel. Fire was intensely targeted to burn up the growing plantlife that was becoming considerably out of control to any simple squad of people going in trying to reduce the size of the vines and plants. Large numbers of teams approached the forest with their flame throwers and the planes did their work targeting the plants at the center that the teams could never get to.

Poison Ivy watched as her experiment shriveled beneath the furnace of man's resolve.

The fire was put out after... but her growing park had been reduced to nothing. It was a keen lesson for her, that man was more than a corrupt force, it was a virus... a disease that had to be humbled to such a point that it once again lived in tandem with nature. It wasn't something they could do while there were so many humans on the planet driven by trying to get what 'they could get' out of it until the world ended. Her plan was to bide her time and prepare the mass production of the entity that allowed her to strengthen the parks and plantlife. When time was right, she would distribute the entity to several parks at one time... and her goal would be to have the world immediately engulfed with the problem of so many parks growing at once.

With only 1 park as a test run, it was no surprise that it was eventually subdued and destroyed, but it wasn't a total failure, it showed her how resilient her entity made the plants, how fast and strong the vines grew, how the plant-life expanded on it's own accord, threatening to grow towards the nearest city, engulfing the streets, the buildings, the paved walkways... they couldn't have it and so everything was thrown at stopping this 'natural' phenomenon. Would they be equally successful if faced on multiple fronts with the same problem?

Poison Ivy was betting not.

This is where the invasion comes in. Poison Ivy observes the invading force with it's impressive strength and power. She doesn't care for the invaders one way or another, but the world is quickly forced to pick sides and those who don't are driven into hiding or just waiting to make the choice. Poison Ivy takes the side of the invader. This decision is fueled not only by her personal distaste for mankind over the last few years, but also a mathematical assumption.

War means casualties. Casualties means a reduction in population. And a reduction in the population means that when she does decide to make her play to fuel her precious gardens with her serum... with her produced entity that strengthens and amplifies the capacity and growth of plant-life, there will be no one ready to stop it. A war, won by either side... in her mind will leave one side defeated, and another needing time to recuperate.

She ties her fate not to the invaders, nor the defenders... she ties her fate to the planet itself. The one element that's been here longer than anything else.

Thank you for having a read. She's not a hero character in the slightest so I completely understand if it's not something you guys are looking for. I had a couple of minutes and thought I'd throw up a bit of a profile when I found myself inspired by the setting on the first post hehe. Have a great day and I look forward to dropping back. Whether I participate or not in this story I do have to say I like the collection of writers that have taken an interest in this so far. It'll be a great read.

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

assleigh

Here's my first take on Zatanna, hope you like :)
Zatanna, Mistress of Magic

Name: Zatanna Zatara
Alias: Zatanna
Powers: Zatanna is a homo magi, a human born with the affinity to manipulate magic. Her unique genetic structure allows her to use the magic she was born with as well as learned magic. As a tribute to her father, and as a focus for her spells, she casts spells by speaking backwards. For example, saying "pots" would cause the target of the spell to stop in their tracks.
Abilities: Zatanna has all the skills of a world famous stage illusionist, a successful costumed adventurer and an accomplished occultist.

• Prestidigitation: Zatanna is a greatly skilled magician and an expert illusionist, therefore performing extraordinary (real)tricks and incredible illusions on stage is super simple to her.

• Hypnosis: Zatanna can hypnotize anyone and command them to do anything she pleases.

• Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Zatanna has received extensive training from her time with the Justice League and from her father who always told her to rely on her wits as well as her fists should her magic fail.

• Occultism: As a chronicler of magic she possesses an extensive understanding of occult lore due to her mystic background.

• Polyglot: Able to speak English and many other languages and her signature "Backwards Speech".

Weaknesses
  • Mnemonic Incantation: Zatanna casts her spells by saying the words of her incantations backwards. Mnemonic incantation is the most complicated of the mystic arts. She must be able to speak or read backwards in order for her to focus her spells.
  • Vulnerability to Magic: Powerful enchantments against beings of magic, like gods, are able to restrict her as well, preventing her from accessing enchanted places or dispel the adverse charm

Background: Zatanna was, of all places, on a cruise ship when Darkseid attacked. She had her hands full keeping herself and everyone aboard ship safe from Darkseid's forces as they swept through the world bringing low the mighty. She hardly had time to mourn the passing of so many of her friends before she was busy trying to give the people around her hope, hope for a safe, epaceful refuge from the conflict, hope for a way to fight back, depending on their skill sets and principals. Some she took to Paradise Island, women who sought refuge from the war and others who would fight alongside the Amazons like sisters born of a single spirit even if miles away. Others she took with her to a place of refuge, dangerous in its own way, but 'safe' from the newcomers to the world. Her eldritch studies had taughther the secret way past the dangers in the Bermuda Triangle to the island at its heart. There the remainder of the passengers and crew settled, some chosing to be trained by the Mistress of Magic in the fundimentals of her arcane art, the passive magics that draw on the power flowing free in the world, ley lines, both to heal the suffering and share information, once deployed these brave souls will form the backbone of a spy network that will share invaluable information with Zatanna so she could plan an effective resistance to Darkseid's campaign of conquest.

My ONs and OFFs

VoluptuousVixen

WOWZA, Ivy looks so sexy in that Pic!

And just to clarify we have seen ivy play on the side of Angels when it suits her.

In many of the Batman Story's she has teamed up with him when it suited her.

She also was a anti hero with Catwoman and Harley in Gotham Sirens before the new 52.

And in the new 52 she started out as a member of the Birds Of Prey.

So I could totally buy her been a member of a post apocalyptic world JLA.

Jarod1

Wow, just wow.  I was looking over what everyone has come up with and I must say I am loving it.  Love the bio's for Zatanna, Stargirl, and Posion Ivy. 

I could see Posion Ivy potentially being someone who could be convinced to work with the hero's eventually.  I could see her being convinced that if Darkseid is not stopped all the plants that she loves will be destroyed and earth being turned into a total wasteland just like Apokolips.  She would also be a great enemy to start with.  How does that sound Kristen?  I know her motivation and her plans, but I could see her working with the hero's at least for a time.  Let me know what you think. 

Meanwhile its time to get this game off the ground.  Going to post the opener here as soon as I finish it.

Jarod1

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200601.0

Here is the link to our new game. I will also put it up in the first post.

Strifeblaze, I hope you don't mind but I've got Robin starting off with me in the cave.  I figured it would only make sense for him to be there.

Strifesblaze7

Strifesblaze7

Would it be odd for Tim to change away from Robin at some point? Not sure to who yet though.

Jarod1

I would not mind at all if you wanted him to evolve and take on a different alias. DC does it all the time.

Strifesblaze7

Well I was thinking he would wind up looking a bit like Nightwing. Maybe Redwing to keep the red robin idea.

Kristen

QuoteI could see Posion Ivy potentially being someone who could be convinced to work with the hero's eventually.  I could see her being convinced that if Darkseid is not stopped all the plants that she loves will be destroyed and earth being turned into a total wasteland just like Apokolips.  She would also be a great enemy to start with.  How does that sound Kristen?  I know her motivation and her plans, but I could see her working with the hero's at least for a time.  Let me know what you think. 

I've sent you a PM where I elaborate more but figure here's not the spot to put the entirety of the inspiration hehe.

I think the concept of "The devil you know is better than the one you don't." makes for a perfect theme as to why Poison Ivy would agree to help the heroes. If this was an invasion where she figured the usurpers would have some kind of care for the planet, who were coming here because they had outgrown their previous planet or needed a logical reason and would care for their 'new home'... she'd probably not mind at all. It wouldn't change her plan but at the very least she'd benefit from the war between the two.

In seeing what's coming, and how the war is developing, Poison Ivy would realize fairly quickly that what's happening here is as much a planetary threat as it is a conquest. Scorched earth is not something she's interested in having. Deciding that Darkside is not the 'esteemed ruler' that could come and liberate the earth from the virus of mankind, she'd have two options to consider. One is to learn enough about the invading force to count on her own ingenuity to try and set up her own plant-life to defend against it, the same way she prepared to have it grow and defend itself against it's current day mankind harassers.

This option is sadly not a very applicable one. Darkside is a stranger to her, his technology and his tenacity, the machinery and the tendencies to treat the planet as he does makes it very easy for him to attack so much of the planet at once that she could never render her plantlife strong enough to repel him.

The other option is therefore what she's forced to consider... and that's helping those who have the best chance of beating him. If they can repel him... then she can focus on going back to her plan. Her plan works against a human resistance, mankind and it's cities, towns, it's primitive military (in comparison to what's come). Her plan does not work against an army that comes with the force of space ships and this type of technology hehe.

Just a thought as to why you're absolutely right and she could play either a villain before the massive threat begins, and even one after the massive threat seems to be over- as well as a justifiable reason for why she might cooperate when her research and study shows her that the devil she's meeting for the first time is indeed far worse than the devil she's been preparing to tackle for years now.

Any thoughts?

- Kristen -

Strifesblaze7

It would make sense for Ivy to work with them as well because she did mind of have a thing for Batman, and she doesn't take well to people harming what she cares for.

Jarod1

I've sent Kristen a PM approving her to play what ever role she feels would best suit her character.  I think she'll add alot to the story no matter which way she goes with it.  After when is there ever just one thing going on in the comics.

Kristen

I greatly appreciate the input and kind words.

I'm looking to try my hand at a group RP for the 2nd time and see how it differs from the 1-1s I'm normally used to engaging in. The ambitions and overall goals that drive a character might never actually come to pass but it gives some context as to why they do whatever it is that they do. If I join a group RP I don't want to come in with a character who's only partially thought out hehe. If there are any recommendations for where she should be positioned, I'm totally open to suggestions.

I could see her comfortable in a park-like atmosphere and having her job in a public garden and observatory. She's the kind of character that thrives in certain settings like a garden or a research facility where she can make use of the items around her to amplify her abilities. Her spore manipulation and pheromones really let her undertake any kind of operation in any setting which makes her a very fluid character in my opinion heh. Should be fun.

- Kristen -

Strifesblaze7

Well there is the Gotham City park... Something that maybe she kind of runs now? That would give the perfect opportunity to use all of her abilities to their fullest, I think. And it give her a front row seat to finding out just how bad this new enemy really can be. Just a thought.  ;D

Jarod1

For those of you at Wayne manor I will have Dick come up to meet you shortly. I am presently dealing with something's but it will be up soon.

Strifesblaze7

I could have Tim.come up to meet them if it didn't mean snuffing Alfred

Jarod1

Lol.  I'm sure Alfred would understand, but I'll leave that up to you.

Strifesblaze7

Jarod1

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 02, 2014, 04:34:18 PM
I'll post to keep it rolling. XD

I followed you up.  I weaved the scene together nicely so that I arrived shortly after you did.

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

So... just out of curiosity, where in the time-line does this game fall?  Has Infinite Crisis happened yet?  I'm assuming Final Crisis and Blackest Night haven't yet.

Rave

I'm thinking this isn't even Earth-3, or Earth Prime. Probably a whole different Universe pre New 52

Kristen

Final Crisis, blackest night... are these movies I should look at seeing to get a better reference of this type of storyline? heh.

I watched a movie about a month ago called (at least on the television) Crisis of 2 earths? The theme of the justice league going to fight the justice league of 'another' earth that are actually a crime syndicate?

God... I might need to try and actively search out some of these films. I think a movie I might try to watch briefly tonight is the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. You'd think for someone signing up for a group heroes themed RP I'd actually see more shows or movies, hey?

- Kristen -

Rave

Quote from: Kristen on April 02, 2014, 06:07:54 PM
Final Crisis, blackest night... are these movies I should look at seeing to get a better reference of this type of storyline? heh.

I watched a movie about a month ago called (at least on the television) Crisis of 2 earths? The theme of the justice league going to fight the justice league of 'another' earth that are actually a crime syndicate?

God... I might need to try and actively search out some of these films. I think a movie I might try to watch briefly tonight is the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. You'd think for someone signing up for a group heroes themed RP I'd actually see more shows or movies, hey?

- Kristen -

Haha, firstly they're comics, not films. I would encourage you to watch the DC animated movies anyway because they're amazing, but you don't really need to know about them for this RP. Most of the heroes are dead anyway, so any major changes these stories would have made don't even matter anymore.

You're fine  :-)

Jarod1

Actually its kind of set separate from any of the comics. I'm just using elements of that characters that I know are fairly common place.  As long as the story flows it shouldn't really matter.

Jarod1

Well folks, I'm off for the night.  I shall see you peeps all tomorrow, and I'm happy we have been able to give this game such a strong kickstart

VoluptuousVixen

Re Edited Donnas last post to include her seeing Tim Drake! sorry I missed you out buddy....

Strifesblaze7

Kristen

Sorry for lagging so far behind everyone. Work makes me... a weird creature on here at best sometimes heh. I have to apologize in advance for my primitive knowledge of Darkseid's minions, I wasn't sure if they were susceptible to certain things or vulnerable to others, I promise to look into it, but I also just wanted to throw in an opening post for Ivy just incase. If I'm wrong about anything I've assumed (I've treated google like a friend for the last 5 minutes) about these minions the... (parademons?). Anyone can feel free to let me know.

By the way, awesome start to the story you guys.

- Kristen -

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

It just occurred to me.  Aquaman would've taken the Trident of Poseidon into battle against Darkseid.  Someone's going to have to have been there during his last moments to retrieve the trident to give to Tempest.  Any takers?  :p

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Deathnote on April 02, 2014, 10:23:22 PM
It just occurred to me.  Aquaman would've taken the Trident of Poseidon into battle against Darkseid.  Someone's going to have to have been there during his last moments to retrieve the trident to give to Tempest.  Any takers?  :p

Vixen could. She can mimic a fishy and get it to Garth.

Deathnote

Thanks, but there's no need to mimic a fishy.  Garth will be on land soon enough.  :p

Jarod1

Morning all, got things kicked off for the day.  I will be working this afternoon but until then I'm free.

Strifesblaze7

I think Tim will jump at the chance to be Nightwing or something like him... With Bruce gone wearing the R relegates him to a sidekick roll even when he has to become his own hero.

Jarod1

I would agree to that, and you are more than welcome to jump on it if you would like.

Strifesblaze7

He might have to modify the suit a bit. Keep the red instead of blue to remind him of being Robin.

Jarod1

Thats cool by me. 

You know though I am kinda wishing I had done this story a little different.  With a different lead character.  I've been a huge fan of the series Arrow, and seeing how bad ass Slade is kinda wish I had picked him.  Oh well though, I don't have any regrets.

Kristen

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 03, 2014, 03:13:56 PM
Thats cool by me. 

You know though I am kinda wishing I had done this story a little different.  With a different lead character.  I've been a huge fan of the series Arrow, and seeing how bad ass Slade is kinda wish I had picked himOh well though, I don't have any regrets.

Red + Red = Blue! You might not want to have any regrets, but both presented thoughts represent at least a partial regret  ^-^

*smirks*

Is here a good place to ask if a parademon is a kind of creature with the same internal structure that might be susceptible to the spores if they're infected with them? Or are Parademons aliens that just look like human structures but have completely different biologies? Google is flooding me with different versions haha. I'm guessing Ivy wouldn't be able to hypnotize a Parademon with her spores to get any kind of loyalty out of it?

*shrugs*

- Kristen -

Jarod1

I don't know about controlling them, but I'm sure her plants would be more than able to damage them. 

Strifesblaze7

Kristen

Quote from: Jarod1 on April 03, 2014, 03:54:27 PM
I don't know about controlling them, but I'm sure her plants would be more than able to damage them.

Hehe... yeah I concluded my post with her garden trying to swallow up and drug the parademon much the same way it goes about treating the human body but I don't feel qualified to write a follow-up post about what would happen to the creature if she tried to control it hehe. I mean, I assume these creatures aren't so strange and alien that they're unbeatable, all the pictures I see show them sort of being a mass invasion force that are often fought off by strong heroes and active characters one swarming unit at a time haha.

Playing Poison Ivy if she was doing this to any other human it would be easy to write out their response to her mind control. A parademon... I'm curious. Whether it would be controlled on a much less 'efficient' level ... (like doing what it was told, but exhibiting headaches or roughly delaying every command etc...) or whether it would simply die from the exposure to spores would have an entirely different result, causing it to strain or die as a result... heh. It's weird not being able to tell exactly what 'should' happen and it's more dangerous for me to assume that she 'can' hypnotize one because that sets a tone for the rest of the RP if she can hypnotize a parademon similar to how she might another human.

Killing one I don't seem to mind so much, it doesn't really impact the RP to such an extent because I'm sure they'll be dying left right and center when everyone gets to fighting haha. Since she's curious and watching with amusement as she tries to turn this first one though, knowing what the possible results would be allow me to continue hah. If she can turn a parademon it might shift a few possibilities for her down the road. If she can't turn a parademon or if turning one is really inappropriate for the story, I'll simply have the toxins react violently to the exposure to the new 'body system' which results in illness or death rather than a successful turning.

I'm open to whatever. And at any point I welcome a PM if my lack of understanding for this particular character detail bogs down the story. I don't want to slow down the RP or have anyone feeling like I am just not keeping up enough. This is a great story and I'm sure it'll be some fun but I have no desire to have a negative impact on it hehe.

- Kristen -

Kristen

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 03, 2014, 03:58:28 PM
Slade is a badass. Though I missed last nights episode

I feel like I should try to watch Arrow and yet, I'm currently addicted to Vikings hehe. I googled Slade and found the actor playing (him? I guess?) in that series also played Crixus in the Spartacus series (Starz). Turns out they took another actress from that show as well to play one of the arrow-carriers hehe.

- Kristen -

Rave

Quote from: Kristen on April 03, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
I feel like I should try to watch Arrow and yet, I'm currently addicted to Vikings hehe. I googled Slade and found the actor playing (him? I guess?) in that series also played Crixus in the Spartacus series (Starz). Turns out they took another actress from that show as well to play one of the arrow-carriers hehe.

- Kristen -

I was also very pleasently surprised to see Crixus playing Slate :P I've been keeping up with Arrow, and they even had a recent Barry Allen cameo on there.

Strifesblaze7

They are supposed to be trying to hire the guy that played Barry to do a flash series as well.

Deathnote

There's also a Wonder Woman TV Series that's supposed to be set in the universe that's currently stuck in development.  She may or may not be making a cameo in Arrow sooner or later.

mia h

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 03, 2014, 11:34:54 PM
They are supposed to be trying to hire the guy that played Barry to do a flash series as well.
There a little bit passed trying, they finished filming the pilot this week

Strifesblaze7

All admittedly I hadnt kept up with it but from what I had seen they were having trouble getting him to sign. Of course I haven't looked in a while.

assleigh

My ONs and OFFs

Kristen

I was wondering about that as well. I may have to withdraw given what's happening with work momentarily. If I have to do it it's probably best to do it now before Ivy becomes intricately involved in anything heh!

- Kristen -

mia h

Well it does look  like we're 3 or 4 down already

Strifesblaze7

VoluptuousVixen

Jarod1

I've been waiting to see it our Robin, or Flash we're going to respond.  I'll give them one more day and then post something.

Strifesblaze7

Ah, my bad Lois. Didn't see that. Um, I usually stick to an order which would have us waiting on Rave. But if he doesn't post timely enough ill post. Im still in for sure.

VoluptuousVixen

Strifesblaze7

Kristen

Alright everyone... it had some potential, it really still does... but I'll have to bow out as well. Thank you all for being so helpful and I apologize too.

- Kristen -

assleigh

You know what... I'm going to do the same... since this puppy got put to sleep at the no-kill shelter, but didn't wake up...

IF something changes, I'm open to getting a PM from the GMs at a later date

My ONs and OFFs

Jarod1

Strifesblaze7

that is just bad news... I was really looking forward to this

Jarod1

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

I'm actually going to be busy all week.  If the game's still around next week, I'm up for a regroup.

Jarod1

I'm going to reboot this game. I need everyone still in to check in. And if you are in what character you will be. I'm going to allow a change in characters since we are going to start fresh.

Strifesblaze7

I'm in. Though if you want to be Slade I'll be Dick Grayson. Otherwise ill stay as Tim Drake I think.

Jarod1

That would be interesting since Dick doesn't really like Slade. I think in terms of his back story playing it more along the arrow path for the super soldier formula.

Strifesblaze7

insaneplots

sorry I saw this and thought I might show my interest if it's still going and possibly looking for another player I usually like to use OC's for Super hero plots can either be a hero or a villain. and either gender I general play female roles more seriously. I have two particular characters I usually play.
An energy absorbtion/ redirect type character (think Bishop)
A technopath with either a power armor and loads of gadgets or an assortment android faux body that the character transfers their mind into for missions.

Novak

If this reboots I'd be up to write Green Arrow.