Arctica: Vostok [Mystery/Horror] [Story Emphasis]

Started by Question Mark, March 04, 2013, 12:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

Not a problem at all I can find one quite similar to the look but have it not be anime ^^
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Lockepick

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring for a Combat Medic!

I also know very little about the military, I tried to do some research, but PLEASE feel free to correct me if things I'm saying are just flat out wrong.

FULL NAME: James Endast
CURRENT RANK: Navy, Hospital Corpsman Third Class
SEX: Male
CITIZENRY: United States
CURRENT STATION: USMC Hospital Corpsmen
DATE of BIRTH: 2/20/1990
PLACE of BIRTH: Boston, MA
NEXT of KIN: Robert Endast, Elder Brother

APPEARANCE:
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
HEIGHT: 5'6"
WEIGHT: 140 lbs
SKIN COLOR: Fair
EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Dirty Blonde
TATTOOS: None
BIRTHMARKS or SCARS: Bullet wound scar in right shoulder
OTHER NOTABLE MARKS or TRAITS: None

BIOGRAPHY:
   James Endast was the second born of a doctor and a nurse. His older brother did not have the intellectual fortitude or desire to follow in the family's foot steps, leaving all the pressure onto James to do so. His family was well off, but still he was pushed and prodded into following his father's footsteps. He was supposed to be a medical doctor, but in a sudden burst of rebellion, he left medical school to enlist. There was still a part of him that enjoyed medicine. There are many ways to help your fellow man, but there are few that are so intricate and directly related as medicine. He already had the beginnings of the training required, so slipping into the role of a combat medic was easy enough.

He was shipped out to Iraq and served in the cities. His squad lucked out in that their tour was mostly uneventful. James would blame how uneventful it was on why their guards were dropped when they were ambushed by extremists. The initial rocket strike killed half of the group immediately, the remaining few men struggled to get out. One of the men had severe damage to their legs and there was limits to what James could do while under fire. In an effort to get the men out, and get the injured to a hospital, one of the soldiers took a bullet that would have hit James -- under the pretense that James could save more lives than him. James took a bullet in the shoulder while carrying the wounded soldier out of the combat zone.

The Brass forced a period of leave on James after what happened. He's spent that time sitting in on college classes at Boston University between pysch evaluations. When the opportunity to head to Vostok arrived, James took the opportunity. This was a place that could really use him, that maybe he could make up for what, and who, he didn't save before.
OFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS: RESERVED: DO NOT WRITE HERE
MOST RECENT or CURRENT DEPLOYMENT: US Marine Corps; Samarra, Iraq
MEDALS and HONORS: Combat Medical Badge, Purple Heart, Distinguished Service Cross

PERSONALITY:
- James has been out of the field for a while now. He's nervous about a repeat event, he's nervous about being out of practice. He works best under pressure though.
PHOBIAS: None
HOBBIES: Reading, Reality Television, Running.
CRIMES: None
ADDICTIONS: None
PTSD: N
OFFICIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM: Minor survivor's guild, risk of martyr complex.
ADDITIONAL NOTES:

CURRENT MEDICATIONS: None
CURRENT PHYSICAL ILLNESSES: None
CURRENT MENTAL or PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESSES: None
PHYSICAL FITNESS REPORT: [Note: no input required.  Please attach Fitness Evaluation Form A-2 to dossier.  If desired, you may summarize the form here]
VACCINATIONS: [Note: no input required.  Please attach Vaccination Form A to dossier.  If desired, you may summarize the form here]

SURVEY -- PLEASE COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITIES.
WARNING: FALSIFICATION OF INFORMATION MAY LEAD TO CONSIDERATION OF NATO PENAL CODE A-0111, INDEFINITE DETENTION

Have you ever been to Antarctica before: No
If Yes, Have you ever been to Vostok Station before:
If Yes, What was the date, length, and purpose of your visit:

Have you ever been diagnosed with any form of cancer, elephantitis, chronic lymphedema, or a tropical parasite: No
If Yes, Elaborate:

Are you trained in the operation of military assault rifles, pistols, or hunting rifles: Yes
If Yes, Elaborate: Pistols and Assault Rifles

Are you certified to pilot a C-130 Hercules aeroplane: No
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Eleah

Feel a lil silly asking, but did you want us to reply to those PM's Question Mark?

Also, added a picture of Harper!

Question Mark

Ah damn, I forgot to put the little OOC thing at the end of the PM.  Basically, it's meant to be a little backstory connecting your character to the IC-verse.  Also, given the orders in the message, a reply would be kind of out of place.  And don't feel silly, t'was my mistake.  :P

EDIT: And I like the picture, especially the timestamp and detail.  The girl's cute too!

Sidenote though, for Yggdrasil.  You can respond to your PM if you wish, or not.  That's up to you.

Guys, sorry for the confusion!  I'm pretty much flying by the seat of my pants at the moment.  I have the plot figured out, but all this extra stuff is mostly improv.  I'm experimenting a bit, so I hope you'll bear with me.  :)  If you don't like it, let me know and I can go more straight-lace GM.

@locke: I like him!  A medic will probably be fairly useful on this expedition as well.  No specific reason, just a gut feeling.   ::)  Also, may I suggest removing the "code" code from around the profile.  James Endast's dossier has been attached to the project and the proper authorities dispatched to collect him.  Expect a PM from me soon with additional details.

Question Mark

ALERT!

A New File has been added to the Brief.  Please review at your earliest convenience.

Starlequin

FULL NAME: Thomas Jackson Kinkaide
CURRENT RANK: Staff Sergeant, US Army Rangers
SEX: Male
CITIZENRY: American
CURRENT STATION: Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
DATE of BIRTH: April 3, 1987
PLACE of BIRTH: Phoenix, Arizona
NEXT of KIN: Robert Gerald "Buzz" Kinkaide - Father

APPEARANCE:
ETHNICITY: Caucasian
HEIGHT: 6'2"
WEIGHT: 210 lbs
SKIN COLOR: White
EYE COLOR: Blue
HAIR COLOR: Blonde
TATTOOS: Burning dagger through winged skull above 75th Ranger Regiment (left bicep), pinup girl riding snarling tiger (right shoulder)
BIRTHMARKS or SCARS: 1" crescent scar (stitch pattern visible) beneath right eye, GSW scar beneath left fourth rib, GSW scar on right outer thigh
OTHER NOTABLE MARKS or TRAITS: Tendency to crack thumb, middle and third finger knuckles when bored

BIOGRAPHY: Thomas Kinkaide enlisted in the US Army immediately after graduating high school. Progressed quickly through boot camp and Infantry assignments before requesting transfer to Army Rangers. Completed Ranger training with exceptional marks and demonstrated above average intelligence, tactical and leadership abilities. Achieved rank of Sergeant in 2008 while completing classified missions in Afghanistan. Promoted to Staff Sergeant after demonstrating grace under fire and heroism above and beyond the call of duty during extraction of hostage UN Aid Workers in Iraq in 2010. Took part in and sole survivor of joint operation with British SOCOM forces in Nicaragua, June 2011. Arrested on charges of Assault and Battery, Assaulting a Superior Officer, Attempted Murder, Dereliction of Duty and Insubordination, September 2011. Court martialed and convicted of Assault and Battery, Attempted Murder and Insubordination, October 2011. Sentenced to incarceration for a period of forty years without possibility of parole. Currently being held in maximum security US Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States.
MOST RECENT or CURRENT DEPLOYMENT: Gato Negra Research Station, Nicaragua, June 2011
MEDALS and HONORS: Purple Heart, awarded 2006; Purple Heart, awarded 2008; Silver Star, awarded 2008; Purple Heart, awarded 2010; Distinguished Service Cross, awarded 2010.

PERSONALITY: Thomas Kinkaide appears very calm and tranquil with very intense emotions deep beneath the surface. Multiple character witness testimonies describe him as friendly and easy-going with a sharply sarcastic sense of humor when off duty, extremely professional and attentive to detail. Seems to harbor a deep-seated dislike for individuals in authority whom he personally judges as unfit for office.
PHOBIAS: N/A
HOBBIES: Piano, fishing, reading
CRIMES: Assault and Battery, Attempted Murder and Insubordination
ADDICTIONS: N/A
PTSD: N
OFFICIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM: Subject displays above average aggression and focus when charged with critical tasks as well as unshakable loyalty to comrades and subordinates, but responds poorly to attempts by superior officers regarded as incompetent to instill direction or discipline. Maintains an atypical disregard for concepts such as honor and ROE compared to contemporary comrades. Lack of patience with bureaucratic procedures and willingness to forego SOP in favor of achieving required results via any means necessary are heavily indicated. Lack of remorse demonstrated in regard to felony charges.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: This assessment cannot determine if subject is genuinely sociopathic or simply adherent to some inscrutable personal code of ethics. Personal note: This guy is a fucking hammer. If you intend to utilize him for this mission, this office strongly suggests you do not stand between him and whatever target you send him against.

CURRENT MEDICATIONS: N/A
CURRENT PHYSICAL ILLNESSES: N/A
CURRENT MENTAL or PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESSES: N/A
PHYSICAL FITNESS REPORT: Subject remains in near-peak physical condition despite max sec incarceration; prison surveillance reports indicate subject has maintained an intense personal fitness regimen during daily yard time.
VACCINATIONS: Hep ABC, tetanus, pox, influenza, malaria, bilharziosis

WARNING: FALSIFICATION OF INFORMATION MAY LEAD TO CONSIDERATION OF NATO PENAL CODE A-0111, INDEFINITE DETENTION

Have you ever been to Antarctica before: No
If Yes, Have you ever been to Vostok Station before: N/A
If Yes, What was the date, length, and purpose of your visit: N/A

Have you ever been diagnosed with any form of cancer, elephantitis, chronic lymphedema, or a tropical parasite: Yes.
If Yes, Elaborate: Contracted schistosomiasis July 2011. Treated with praziquantel and vaccinated same month.

Are you trained in the operation of military assault rifles, pistols, or hunting rifles: Yes.
If Yes, Elaborate: Qualified in all military small-arms and long rifle weaponry including but not limited to 9mm, .45, M14, 1903 Springfield, Barret 50-Cal and Lahti L-39 20mm.

Are you certified to pilot a C-130 Hercules aeroplane: No.

Karasu

Updated some of the character, will continue to update as I think of stuff.

Question Mark

@Star: Another great character!  Man, this game is attracting the attention of quite a few talented individuals (which is awesome).  However, two things need to be addressed before he can be officially attached to the project.  Army Colonels generally require at least two decades of active service before earning their rank, and are usually graduates from OCS or civilian colleges.  Considering that Kinkaide was an enlistee in the US Army, it is very unlikely that he would attain an officer's rank within five years, let alone Colonel.  At the most extreme, he would be a Master Sergeant SNCO (Senior Non-Commissioned Officer) before being incarcerated, but Kinkaide is much more likely to have been a Staff Sergeant or possibly a Sergeant First Class (NCO and SNCO respectively).  SSgt would put him in charge of an eight man squad composed of two fireteams, while SFC would put him in charge of a platoon.  Given his history, I recommend changing his rank to Staff Sergeant.  The second thing is the event that led to his criminal charges.  Could you PM me the details of the event in Nicaragua?

After that's settled, he'll be attached to the project.

Question Mark

ALERT!

A New File has been added to the Brief.  Please review at your earliest convenience.

Karasu

Quote from: Karasu on March 08, 2013, 06:52:05 AM
FULL NAME: Kyari Lynn Takanami
TITLES, DEGREES, and FORMER RANK: Doctorate in geological studies
SEX: Female
CITIZENRY: England and America (Duel citizenry for her work)
CURRENT ADDRESS: 37 Rowan way, England.
DATE of BIRTH:September 13th, 1980
PLACE of BIRTH: Kyoto, Japan (moved to England at young age, moved to USA as an adult)
NEXT of KIN: None listed, Estranged from older sister in London
APPEARANCE:
ETHNICITY: White/Asian
HEIGHT: 5 ft, 4 in
WEIGHT: 120 lbs.
SKIN COLOR: Pale cream
EYE COLOR: Chocolate Hazel
HAIR COLOR: Darker Blonde with golden highlights
TATTOOS: none
BIRTHMARKS or SCARS: one straight scar on her right hip, seems old. One birthmark the shape sort of resembling a crescent moon on the left front side of her body, just beneath the left breast.
OTHER NOTABLE MARKS or TRAITS:

BIOGRAPHY: For the past two years Dr. Takanami has been working ocean-side studying Hydro-geology and Geological Oceanography. Both of which study the water and the ocean floor. Dr. Takanmi studies quite a bit and is no nonsense when it comes to her work and the results sought after. She loves to theorize and if one were to visit her home they would find theories and questions plastering the walls of her house.

PERSONALITY: She is withdrawn and would rather like to read or work to pass the time than do any sort of mingling.
PHOBIAS: Horses (Mild), Spiders (Moderate), Snakes (Moderate).
HOBBIES: Working, Reading
CRIMES: N/A
ADDICTIONS: Work
OFFICIAL PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM: "Dr. Takanami has admitted to talking to herself when in the throes of theorizing, she has trouble gettign herself to open up, she is awkward socially and prefers often times to work alone or read books."
ADDITIONAL NOTES: N/A

CURRENT MEDICATIONS: N/A
CURRENT PHYSICAL ILLNESSES: N/A
CURRENT MENTAL or PSYCHOLOGICAL ILLNESSES: N/A
PHYSICAL FITNESS REPORT: Healthy with no diseases, Doctor did recommend eating more however.
VACCINATIONS: All recommended to that point.

Have you ever been to Antarctica before: no
If Yes, Have you ever been to Vostok Station before: no
If Yes, What was the date, length, and purpose of your visit: N/A

Have you ever been diagnosed with any form of cancer, elephantitis, chronic lymphedema, or a tropical parasite: no
If Yes, Elaborate:

Are you trained in the operation of military assault rifles, pistols, or hunting rifles: No.
If Yes, Elaborate:

Are you certified to pilot a C-130 Hercules aeroplane: no

[Complete.. I beleive]

Question Mark

@Kara: Looks awesome!  So, oceanic geology huh?  Hmm...  Well, that's convenient!  Kyari Lynn Takanami's dossier has been attached to the project and the proper authorities dispatched to collect her.  Expect a PM soon with additional details.

ALERT!  A new file has been added to the Brief.  Please review at your earliest convenience.

Karasu

so do I like.. reply tot he PM?

Also while I can research like no tomorrow, I only knwo so much, so pardon if I don't use fancy science terms XD But I;m in love with the ocean XD

Question Mark

You can if you want.  Do note the date the email was sent though.  The day after she received it, she's "collected" by those suited men with very big guns.  If you do reply, keep it mind it would have to be before then.

Also, the cores were taken from the ocean bottom between Hawai'i and California as part of a geological survey Kyari is participating in.  I'm not sure if I specifically said that in the PM, so FYI.

Karasu

Makes sense I rather liked that though, but true to her nature if she did respond it woudl be short and brief, or not at all. Or an automated response XD

Malrunar

So how would you prefer posting to work, Q? In order? As we please? I work 8 am until 5 pm, and I have school from 6 pm until 10, then finally get home from the gym at around midnight (PST). I would personally prefer to have some sort of order, so I don't have to worry about reading thirty posts before I could get a response in for my character. At least when it concerns group interaction.

Luckily, I graduate May 31st. >__> Soon I can have a normal life again!

Question Mark

Usually I do freeform posting; post when you can and when it's appropriate, basically.  I'm still figuring out the actual structure of the game, though, so I'll definitely consider using some sort of posting order.

As for everyone else, do you prefer a preset posting order or a more freeform "post as you please" system?

P.S. I graduate in early May, so I definitely hear you about having a normal life.  I can't wait!  Unfortunately, I'm going to grad school in the fall, so I guess so much for that :P

Starlequin

Heh, I knew I'd screw up something on that one. I tried to research as best I could, but my connection is slower than cold molasses, haha. Corrections made, PM re Nicaragua coming soon, Mark.

Also, I'm good with a posting order as well. So long as its not something crazier than 4-5 times a week, that is.

Karasu

Lockepick

I would say keep things generally freeform, with the idea that people that are interacting with each other are working in an order. Once things branch off and time becomes more important to keep track of, then we can consider a more strict order.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Question Mark

@Star: Fantastic!  His dossier is now eligible for consideration.  After careful review, Staff Sergeant Thomas J. Kinkaide has been attached to the project and the proper authorities dispatched to collect him.  Expect a PM soon with additional details.

@Everyone: An FYI.  I encourage you to discuss the various files in the Brief and the contents of the PMs amongst yourselves in this thread.  They may be spontaneous, but they are not random, and they do fit together in the context of the game.  New files will be added often.  Be on the lookout, do some sleuthing, and keep your mind open.  Anything's possible.

ALERT!  Two (2) new files have been added to the Brief.  Please review at your earliest convenience.

Malrunar

Question Mark

Ancient alien crash?  What inspired that theory, if I may be so bold?

ALERT!  A new file has been added to the Brief.  Please review at your earliest convenience.

Karasu