DWD Arena! - Fighting & Sex Sports Entertainment (Interest Check + "BETA")

Started by Twisted Crow, May 22, 2015, 05:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Date with Destiny

Content: Live Fighting/Sports Entertainment, "Reality" TV, Non-Con/Semi-Con (Or Dubious Consent), Homebrew System + Freeform Roleplaying Hybrid

**Testers Needed**
**Being Redesigned**

Notice: If you are interested, please let me know on here. Questions or discussion regarding Date With Destiny can be made by sending me a PM, discussing it with me on Skype chat -- since this thread and game is now being re-opened... again. This system was always my baby on Elliquiy, but I want to rework it for a nice blend of depth, simplicity and mixed opportunity for quick action and roleplaying. I also want to fully integrate a pure freeform interface outside of matches (a Social Media aspect, a Interview/Promos section and other areas for freeform outside of career fights. I also want to incorperate the same basic system elements for the sexual aspects of the game. A lot of this right now is outdated, but I am mainly wanting to pop the big question here:

If I brought this back, rebuilt it and completed this (some help would be great)... would people come and be a part of it?

Some dated stuff to update, but keeping for now as a reference.

5/30/16 - What I am working on RIGHT NOW with DWD
Putting this back on the map with an Interest Check. And there is an announcement that I'm re-working the game setting and some mechanics. The goal is not to make another "wrasslin game", although... it's similar to Pro Wrestling but not quite wrestling. This is more like Dead or Alive (or Best of the Best) meets reality TV in a cheeky, yet unforgiving show.

Things I want to expand on:

- Setting & Story: Long story short, Aya gave me a few ideas on how to flesh out DWD's setting and certain NPCs a while back (prior to my hiatus). These are some things that I'd like to work in that give the show and setting story hooks. To be specific on one: A drug that basically increases sexual drive and endurance (like by a lot). The fact that it isn't technically legal, but allowed gives the management a bit more of a "crooked connections" hook and could add a bit of drama and craziness outside of the fights themselves. Honestly, it made me think on Simon North in a whole new light. There will still be stories within character rivalries and actual in-ring drama, but I feel like this adds a cherry on top of things. Similarly, there is more to write on how the show prevents female competitors from conceiving as a result of a match outcome and more World and Show Lore for me to touch on now that I've been inspired on this.

- Streamlining some things, but adding a "Strip Clothes Action" feature (partly borrowing this from another game idea I'm working on).

- The game's action (both fighting and sex) might also "bend" realism (and physics) a bit more than it did in the past. We aren't talking Hadoukens and Sonic Booms (Street Fighter) or The Matrix sort of stuff. Instead, something more like Dead or Alive sort of action. Something that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief, but not much. These are supposed to be super-skilled athletes nearly bordering on superhuman, so I'm thinking of adding a few things to make them feel like they are.

- The possibility of including mixed handicap matches (2 on 1 action).

- Adding more optional stakes to fights where new sorts of scenes could be involved. One such example is a "Wager/Bet" type of stipulation: "Loser comes with me to X, bringing/wearing only Y," etc.

- Yes! I want to add a money/wage system where player characters can actually buy things (or even place wagers in their own fights, perhaps). They should be getting paid, and adding this as an incentive for players is a no-brainer to me. These things to purchase should be practical to encourage players to make money, by winning... or at least participating in matches.

- A rework of how characters receive experience and gain levels.

- More options for O/O flexibility.

- A rewards system to encourage activity, as well as encourage roleplaying O/O compatibility with other partners.

- A basic "Hardcore Finisher" option that somewhat ups the ante and smooth the transition from the Fight to R/H (sex) to be more seamless and more "in your face" with it.

- A rework, expansion (and simplifying) of character alignments and motivation. One example would be a new "Exhibitionist" alignment, that somewhat craves R/H... either being on the giving or receiving end of it. I am thinking of making this more of a roleplaying reference and less of an actual game mechanic.

- There is also more but, I can't quite remember all of it. I've been writing these things down and I feel like I need a nap from this multitasking that I've been doing. ::)

Player Rules of Conduct (Please Read)

PLAYER RULES OF CONDUCT

By joining this group game, you are expected to honor these simple rules. Most of which is basically following Elliquiy's Rules anyway:

1. Respect Fellow Players, Respect Your GM(s) - You are expected to treat other players and the GM(s) with respect, no different than you are expected to behave on the rest of Elliquiy. There will be absolutely zero drama out of game. Players that are causing problems, throwing fits, harassing players or the like will be politely asked to leave the group. We are all adults, so let's please act like it and have fun.

2. This is a Game with Non-Con - There are Non-Con (& Semi-Con, etc.) sexual elements and scenes present in Date with Destiny. Considering that this is part of the point of the game, please do not join with the expectation of this not being present.

3. Dicebot Use & Cheating: All system aspects in Date with Destiny will use Elliquiy's Dicebot. Any rolls made are expected to be linked if they are successful rolls. Failed rolls can simply have the written result (i.e., 'Attack Roll: 2, Miss!'). While players can choose to "trust" each other on an honor system, it is generally expected to link significant dice rolls to set a good example and practice. Cheating (if somehow made an issue) will be dealt with in a way that the lead GM sees fit. This may even lead to being asked to leave. We are on a trust system and the roleplaying, action, writing and fun is what is most important here. So seriously, just link successful dice rolls within action posts.

4. Posting Content & Format: Date with Destiny is not going to radically enforce post length or formats. However, the general expectation is that posts are reasonable for the situation (fight posts and social media "tweets" can be as short as a few sentences, while interviews, intros, promos and mock "Magazine articles" can be several paragraphs long). This is mostly a common sense thing. It is one thing to politely ask partners to tweak things a bit to help you work something of your own in there, it's another thing to be a grammar Nazi or bash writing styles. As far as formats go, I am not going to be super-strict. As long as important information is displayed and it is legible, then I probably won't care how you format your posts.

5 Post Frequency: While Date with Destiny is designed to be flexible for those that are busy, a reasonable post frequency is expected if characters are currently in a fight. Due to the fact that DWD is currently a small group, there are only so many "Arena Spots" for other players to participate in. These rooms will grow as more players join. Occasional activity outside of fights can be done at any Player's pace. However, please try to see fights to their conclusion over a reasonable time period.

6. OOC Chat: Please keep OOC talk in the OOC Thread when at all possible. Breaking this isn't quite so serious, but please use the OOC thread for this kind of stuff.

7. Participation is Desired: Please engage and participate with other players. Do not exclude anyone that has been approved into the game. Having people you like to play with is fine, having a rivalry/story you want to continue is fine. But do not exclude others. This is still a group game.

7. Communicate, Please Don't Just 'Flake': Please. Please keep people in the know. We don't have to know all of your personal business and we don't have to know why you need a break. But please just take a minute to let a GM (and your partners) know that you are stepping away (either for good or temporarily) so that I know what to do with your characters and any current RP segments that they may be involved in. "Flaking" can really slow and bog the flow of the game, considering that it puts everyone in this unnecessary moment of pause. Just let us know that you're leaving or taking a break and things will be dealt with accordingly. It's really no big deal, just don't leave us in the dark. :-)

Game Thread Links:

The DWD Ruleset, World and Character Creation Help
Direct Link to the Fight System

Match-Making & OOC
Roster (GM Posts Only)
DWD Media (Social Media/Interviews/etc.)
Lifestyles (Out of Match Life RP)
Career Match Slot #1
  Being Booked... maybe
Career Match Slot #2 - Open!
Career Match Slot #3 -Open!
Sparring Room #1 - Open!
Sparring Room #2 - Open!

Many join and enter the shining 'Date with Destiny' arena with their own pent up ambitions... What are yours?

Character Sheets

TC's Blank Character Sheet (Appearance)

Character Name (Include a full name)

[Appearance Pics optional here or near the bottom, just above 'Special Details'. Please include these in spoiler tags if they mess with the character sheet (like if they are too enormous). Thank you!]

Sex:
Orientation:
HT:
Build:
Ethnicity:
Hair:
Eyes:

STATS

Level:
XP:
Aspect:

Fighting Style:

Fight Record(0 Matches)

W: 0
L: 0
D: 0

Stamina:
Climax:

Initiative :
Accuracy:
Defense:

Striking:
Grab/Submission:
Throw Power:
Sex:

Special Details/Bio:

(This is where you can describe your character physically. If he or she has any distinguishing features. You can also describe their personality and background. Why did they join Date with Destiny? What are their ambitions? What do they hope to achieve?)

Traits:

(Traits are available at 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th level!)

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

Character Sheet Code (Just Select, Copy + Paste!)

[b]Character Name[/b] (Include a Full Name, nicknames can be added optionally)

[Appearance Pics optional here or near the bottom, just above 'Special Details'. Please include these in spoiler tags if they are gigantic. Thank you!]

[b]Sex[/b]:
[b]HT[/b]:
[b]Build[/b]:
[b]Ethnicity[/b]:
[b]From[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:

[i]STATS[/i]

[b]Level[/b]:
[b]XP[/b]:
[b]Aspect[/b]:

[b]Fighting Style[/b]:

[spoiler=Fight Record (0 Matches)]
[b]W[/b]: 0
[b]L[/b]: 0
[b]D[/b]: 0
[/spoiler]

[b]Stamina[/b]:
[b]Climax[/b]:

[b]Initiative[/b] :
[b]Accuracy[/b]:
[b]Defense[/b]:

[b]Striking[/b]:
[b]Grab/Submission[/b]:
[b]Throw Power[/b]:
[b]Sex[/b]:

[b]Special Details/Bio[/b]:

([i]This is where you can describe your character physically. If he or she has any distinguishing features. You can also describe their personality and background. Why did they join Date with Destiny? What are their ambitions? What do they hope to achieve?[/i])

[b]Traits[/b]:

([I]Traits are available at 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th level![/I])

[i]1st[/i]:
[i]2nd[/i]:
[i]3rd[/i]:
[i]4th[/i]:

Aya's Character Sheet Code (Just Copy & Paste)

[center]
[font=times new roman][size=24pt]*Name Here*[/size][/font]

[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Orientation: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Build: [/b]
[b]Ethnicity: [/b]
[b]From: [/b]
[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes: [/b]

[i]Stats[/i]
[b]Level: [/b]1
[b]XP: [/b]0
[b]Aspect: [/b]

[b]Fighting Style [/b]
(Notes here.)

[b]Fight Record[/b]:
0-0-0 (0)*

*(W-L-D (Total Matches)

[b]Stamina: [/b]20
[b]Climax: [/b]20

[b]Initiative: [/b]0
[b]Defense: [/b]0

[b]Striking: [/b]0
[b]Submission: [/b]0
[b]Throw Power: [/b]0
[b]Sex: [/b]0

[b]Special Details/Notes/Bio[/b]:

[center][img height=150]*image link 1*[/img][img height=150]*image link 2*[/img][img height=150]*image link 3*[/img][img height=150]*image link 4*[/img][/center]

"Queen" Character Sheet Appearance

*Name Here*

Sex:
Orientation:
Height:
Build:
Ethnicity:
Hair:
Eyes:

Stats
Level: 1
XP: 0
Aspect:

Fighting Style
Notes here.

Stamina: 20
Climax: 20

Initiative: 0
Defense: 0

Striking: 0
Submission: 0
Throw Power: 0
Sex: 0

Special Details/Notes/Bio:

Example 1st-Level Character (Reference)

Kiki Yagami

Appearance (Although this is actually a Korean babe, I think)

Sex: Female
HT: 5'4
Build: Model
Ethnicity: Asian (Japanese)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

STATS

Aspect: Career-Driven

Fighting Style: Judo mixed with Karate

Fight Record: 0-0-0 (0)
Or you can use these alternate Record Brackets, instead

(0 Career Matches)

Stamina: 24

Initiative : 3
Accuracy: 3
Defense: 4

Striking: 3
Grab/Submission: 2
Throw Power: 3
Sex: 2

Special Details/Bios: [This is where you normally describe physical features and character background. This is a test character. But its open for someone to play and alter it if interested. Just saying, but its definitely one I'd like to see.]

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

DWD Experience Level Chart

Level|XP (Total)|Traits
1|0|----
2|50|1st Trait
3|150|----
4|300|2nd Trait
5|500|----
6|750|3rd Trait
7|1,050|----
8|1,400|4th Trait
9|1800|----
10|2,250|----

Experience Rewards & Penalties

Match Result|Base Awarded Experience
Win the Match|75 XP
Lose the Match|50 XP
Win a Sparring Round*|40 XP
Lose a Sparring Round*|30 XP
Achievements/Events*|Bonus/Penalized XP
R/H Victim|+15 XP
Class Act Charity|+30 XP
Ruthless Finish|+20 XP
Flee/Forfeit the Match|-20 XP
Dishonorable Act (Class-Act)|-25 XP
No R/H Finish (Ruthless)|-15 XP
*Additional rewards/penalties (anything under 'Achievements/Events') do not apply to Training Matches. R/H Finishes are not rewarded (primarily because they are not allowed). The Class Act does not receive their usual Charity Bonus, either. The only XP Bonus that can be gained in a Training Match is if a Fighter has a Trait associated with it.

Note on Pictures in Character Sheets: You can also put pictures in the bottom, as long as all the information is here and it is legible, I don't mind if people customize their character sheets a bit. Please include pictures in a spoiler tag if they are really big or if there are multiple pictures for one character. This helps save me time when scrolling. ;)

Here are the common match options available! A Handicap match feature is in the works but its going to need testing. For right now though... this is what fighters can do. I am also open to more ideas on this, too.

Match Stipulations
Before every fight begins, both participants must agree to the stipulations (via PMs or on the board). They must both agree to (currently) one of three Match stipulations (or a test round):

Sparring/Training: Sometimes fighters need to keep their skills sharp before getting into the ring for real. This is what practice is all about. R/H Finishes are not allowed and Charity Bonuses do not apply. Light R/H moves are still allowed during the match (groping, rubbing, etc). Training or sparring rounds receive a smaller base XP reward and they do not count toward a fighter's career record. However these are events that take place for both characters (so roleplay it, in other words). No additional bonuses can be applied to training matches unless a trait specifically allows it. A player character only has time for one (1) training/sparring round in their schedule before having to fight in a career match.

Win or Lose (Career): These are sometimes meant to stuff the Match Card in the business. No Rape/Humiliation Finishes are allowed. "Light" R/H Moves (groping, rubbing, etc) are still allowed, though. Because of this stipulation, Class Acts cannot receive Bonus XP for Charity and Ruthless fighters cannot receive their bonus because R/H is restricted. The difference between this and training/sparring is that it is still a Career Match, so full base XP rewards are given. The only XP penalty that applies is if one flees the Match and exits the ring or disqualifies themselves through another way.

No Limits (Career): What fans pay to see and the example of a "true" DWD fight night. R/H Finishes are fair game and Charity Bonuses apply. Base XP rewards are granted along with any modifiers that apply with the match result and aftermath. The only rule that applies is that there is no biting that draws blood (in any situation).

Test Round (PMs Onlyl): This is a special OOC option for players that want to get a grasp or feel for the system. If two players wish to test out their characters without worrying too much about roleplay or just so they don't feel overwhelmed, they can have test rounds (in PMs). These work exactly the same way as Training/Sparring, except no XP is gained at all. Since it is largely OOC, this is optionally treated as an event that "didn't happen" in DWD. If doing a special Round, play with someone that knows the system well and include me in looking over the match as it unfolds. This is so that I can correct any mistakes or answer any questions based on what is happening.

Polymorph

Twisted Crow

First 12 Officially Joined & Contributing Testers

1. Mora (Approved)
2. Vercile (Approved)
3. Polymorph (Approved)
4. Yuki92 (Approved)
5. Drake Valentine (Approved)

Active & Contibuting Testers (Treated as Being on this List Anyway):

- Aya (Approved)
- Praxis (Approved)

GMs

-Twisted Crow (2 Characters, Currently)

Twisted Crow

Character Creation has been added for applying testers (and hopefully future players), please see the last post in the thread as of this edit. ;-)

Quote from: Twisted Crow on June 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
I think I am ready for character sheets to start, but I need testers mostly. About a 2-5 overall limit at the moment, preferably split in gender (both writers and characters would be neat for perspective and ideas for the system and concept). I could only limit one character to a player during the testing phase. I don't think I will make more radical adjustments, the remaining 10 to 15% of what I need left for inevitable tweaks to the system and character sheets.

So in short my target group at the moment to test would consist of:

*1-3 male characters
*1-3 female characters
*If I played or not, I'd also have to "referee" the test matches just to make sure the system was understood and watch for various issues.
*Since the domination feature (double/triple critical hold checks thing) is not finished, treat them as standard holds at 20 hold strength for now.
*Stop and revise as needed.

It is important to note that in the case of Lieges, it doesn't really matter and this "experiment of perspective" doesn't apply. As long as they can write one gender or the other, it doesn't much matter. Same for any mono-gendered writer. It's not a requirement, but it would be nice to have some diverse perspective on balance, writing style and concept brainstorming, etc.

Twisted Crow

A new thread has been made to take the place of the old one. Now less cluttered and with "easy-access" to rules, tweaks, world lore, game information and yes... the character sheet. You are more than welcome to check out what we have accomplished! :D

There is spot for one more tester at the moment, and I am about to open this up for players entirely. Still, any interest is appreciated. If you have any questions, comments or other feedback on the system... you are more than welcome to drop us a message in here or discuss the game. I am bookmarking and checking this thread regularly now. :-)

We are now about 90% complete with the game!

I also now have a fully-functioning PC... so I am almost ready to kick this into high gear. ;)

Twisted Crow

Mora

Twisted Crow

Yay! We are growing, after all. Hehe. With Polymorph (if still interested), you and the other testers.... this makes six so far! People can go ahead and apply with a character sheet or just declare interest and shoot me a PM.

Twisted Crow

An example character:

Example 1st-Level Character (Reference)

CHARACTER CREATION

Kiki Yagami

Appearance (Although this is actually a Korean babe, I think)

HT: 5'4
Build: Model
Ethnicity: Asian (Japanese)

STATS

Fighting Style: Judo mixed with Karate

Record: 0-0-0 (0)
Or you can use these alternate Record Brackets, instead ;)

(0 Career Matches)

Accuracy: 3

Special Details: [This is where you normally describe physical features and character background. This a test character. But its open for someone to play it if interested. Definitely one I'd like to see.]

You can also put pictures in the bottom, as long as all the information is here and it is legible, I don't mind if people customize their character sheets a bit. Please include pictures in a spoiler tag if they are really big or if there are multiple pictures for one character. This helps save me time when scrolling. ;)

Mora

Monty Rallagus (Nickname: Mora)

Appearance
http://rs1313.pbsrc.com/albums/t549/steelfisthold/BlackHairedThralls_zps2eb17a68.jpg~320x480
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
HT: 5'9
Build: Slender with lean muscle
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Hair: Jet black, medium length and neatly combed to the left
Eyes: Dark blue

STATS

Aspect: Class-Act
Fighting Style:

(0 Career Matches)

Stamina: 25
Climax: 25

Accuracy: 0
Defense: 3

Striking: 5
Grab/Submission: 3

Special Details:

Throughout Mora's whole youth, he was the nerd that the jocks and bullies ganged up on. 90% of the time he would get home with a black eye or broken nose and that was on a good day. This was his motivation to enter the ring, to prove, if only to himself, that he was now capable of holding his own in a fight.

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

Twisted Crow

-About to add a formal roster, containing all of the character sheets in a list (organized by spoiler tags).

-I also put up the two simple Experience Level Chart & Rewards Chart. This can be accessed in the rules thread under "Tools, Charts & Quick References" (Post #5 in that thread).

Experience & Rewards Charts

Level & Experience Point (XP) Table
center]
Level|XP (Total)|Traits
1|0|----
2|50|1st Trait
3|150|----
4|300|2nd Trait
5|500|----
6|750|3rd Trait
7|1,050|----
8|1,400|4th Trait
9|1800|----
10|2,250|----

Experience Rewards & Penalties

Match Result|Base Awarded Experience
Win the Match|75 XP
Lose the Match|50 XP
Win a Training Match*|40 XP
Lose a Training Match*|30 XP
Achievements/Events*|Bonus/Penalized XP
R/H Victim|+15 XP
Class Act Charity|+30 XP
Ruthless Finish|+20 XP
Flee/Forfeit the Match|-20 XP
Dishonorable Act (Class-Act)|-25 XP
No R/H Finish (Ruthless)|-15 XP
*Additional rewards/penalties (anything under 'Achievements/Events') do not apply to Training Matches. R/H Finishes are not rewarded (primarily because they are not allowed). The Class Act does not receive their usual Charity Bonus, either. The only XP Bonus that can be gained in a Training Match is if a Fighter has a Trait associated with it.

-I completely went through the system rules and updated them to what we finalized during testing. Holds/Grabs are more legible and less confusing. Throws are tweaked slightly (description of how they work). Pretty much everything there is consistent and have less room for confusion. There is more to it, but those we the highlight ones that were cleaned up. Please let me know in here if there is something not quite right in system details.

-Added the 'First Attack!' trait. There are any more traits to come. People can also suggest traits, but they will likely be adjusted to fit the system.

-Set a secret bonus in mind for the first 12 people that join. You will find out in a PM once you apply and get a character sheet up. :P

-Adding juicy pictures to the rulebook thread for flavor. Also added a reference pic to an arena that I liked the look of on the first post in this thread. ;)

As always, more to come! Still open and recruiting, folks! I feel like we can get started with at least 8 people.

Edit: My secret tester has given me another character sheet code, so that you can copy and paste it and plug information in. It can also be customized if there is something about it that doesn't suit you. ;)

Twisted Crow

[Edit]

I'm very happy to see this character returning for the final and finished product. Welcome back, Vercile!. ;)

Mora

I actually wouldn't mind a practice round :) I think I get it mostly But this WILL be my first system game to be honest.

Twisted Crow

I can answer any questions one might have (or run anyone through a practice round when I'm not cleaning/jazzing up either thread). The tester that I've been primarily working the mechanics with also knows the game pretty well. She's likely submitting a character soon and can also help teach anyone the system. It's designed to be simple at 1st level and add just a tiny bit more as your character grows. By the time you get a few traits, you are likely to still know the character like the back of your hand. For the most part I kept it simple for this reason, I wanted a happy medium between people that like systems and those who never played one before. ;)

I'd be fine with players taking a few practice sessions to see how the mechanics work. :D

One note though is that I don't want people adding XP yet until we have a decent amount of people to mix things up.

Mora

That's understandable. And the rules do seem simple :) I would just like a practice round to make sure I know what I'm doing lol

Twisted Crow

Provided that Vercile doesn't beat me to the punch, I don't mind going over a practice round with an NPC over PMs or Posts. Just putting it out there. I'm also interested in seeing others try it out besides those in the test team when it was being finished. :D

The cool part about this system is that when you get the hang of it, you can actually do two or more matches at once if desired. ;)

Praxis

Submitted for approval...

Name: Nathan “King”  Fisher
Orientation: Hetero.
HT: 6’3”
Build: Sleek, muscular but with build similar to that of a swimmer or climber.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

STATS

Aspect: Career Driven

Fighting Style: Moderation – Pure MMA – Capable of striking or submissions but favours submission holds and locks
Record:

Stamina: 22
Climax: 25

Initiative (d20 + points): 3
Offense (d20 + points): 3
Defense (static/roll + points): 5

Striking (points): 3
Submission (points): 5
Throw Power (points): 4

Pictures:

Polymorph

Resurrecting my old character from the first trial of this for approval:

Galilahi Tayanita (Pretty Little Beaver)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

HT: 5' 7"
Build: Athletic
Ethnicity: Native American (Cherokee)

STATS

Aspect: Ruthless

Fighting Style: Brawler

Alternate Brackets;)

(0 Career Matches)

Initiative : 4
Accuracy: 4

Throw Power: 2
Sex: 1

Special Details:

Always a troubled child Galilahi served a couple of short terms in juvenile detention for petty crimes as a teenager. Though she dated a few boys she soon realised that she much preferred girls and that she was naturally inclined to be dominant and butch in such relationships. Galilahi began her wrestling career in the all female Angels of Wrestling division. Her brutal trailer park style of brawling soon placed her firmly as a heel the fans loved to hate. Though the AoW division was far tamer than the DwD she would seize any opportunity she got to pull off risque moves such as crotch grabs and nipple holds to get the fans both cheering or booing. When the AoW league was bought out by the DwD her initial reaction was to quit, her sexual orientation making her disinclined to fight in a mixed sex wrestling division. Her manager spent many hours talking the bad girl of wrestling around and finally convinced her to remain on the roster. Win or lose she was told the fans would love to see the tough girl with her expressed preference for females face up to male opponents.

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

aya

Park Yura
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'3
Build: Petite
Ethnicity: Korean
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Hazel

Stats

Fighting Style
Versatile; Elusive.

Stamina: 30

Initiative: 0
Accuracy: 5
Defense: 5

Submission: 0
Sex: 0

Unavailable

Traits:
None

Twisted Crow

Polymorph and Aya, you both look fine.

Praxis, we took the starting character points down to 25. Forgot to mention that after testing, though it is in the updated rules. It looks like you are just over that total by 5. Let me know when that's fixed and I'll give it a look. ;) Edit: You are also missing the Sex stat, just underneath Throw Power. Something else Aya & I added in after two more tests.

Considering adding a small bonus for people that can add a bit of backstory to their character (a tiny bit of bio), this is for everyone. Including those that receive the "early-joining" bonus for helping me start the game. I'm going to finalize bonuses after I put up the fixed roster. For now, I'm going to wait on this and give people time to join and finalize their characters.

CURRENT MATCH TYPES:

At the moment there are three match types, so far:

Practice Match: This is basically identical to a training match except without any rewards applied. This match "didn't happen" in the story. This is just for players that want to get the hang of the system. R/H Moves are available, R/H Finishes (the freeform NC after a match) are not available. Since this is for testing and practicing the understanding of the system, you can have as many practice matches as you want. These do not count toward a character's Win/Loss record.

Training Match: As above, except you have a small reward according to the XP Rewards chart. You get experience for winning and losing, but that is it. There are no other bonuses, just straight XP for win/loss. As above, R/H moves during the match are available, R/H Finishes are not (as they are not allowed in Training anyway). As above, these do not count toward a character's win loss record. For now, I'm limiting Training Matches to 1 before each Career Fight. Players do not have to participate in Training Matches, but they can do one before every Career Match if they can find a partner.

Career Match: This is a normal match in front of a live audience and everything is fair game. You gain experience for winning and losing as well as bonuses and penalties that apply. R/H Moves & Finishes are both allowed. These matches count toward the character's Win/Loss record.

Other things going on:

-I'm creating my mainstay level 1 character, as well as an NPC or two. There needs to be a champion and one or two other weak characters for others to train with if they can't find a training partner.

-Hopefully the roster list encourages some diversity among genders and Aspects. So far, its looking pretty good. ;)

Twisted Crow

Added a key NPC below, along with news that we now have 24 traits that can be found in the other thread. Some have been changed and about 10 were added. Look at them if you want to consider your build or if you have ideas on your own traits (PM them).

Also, I have finally finished the full match rules update. Explained in the thread are Match Stipulations, How Initiative Works, and the Full Breakdown of the Non Con system. These are easily found with NEW! beside them.

You can find all of this by clicking this link.

Jake "The Hammer" Marsden
NPC, DWD Champion

Appearance

HT: 6'3
Build: Bulky, Ripped
Hair: Blonde, buzz cut
Eyes: Blue, dark

STATS

Level: 7
XP: 1,080

Fighting Style: Dirty Boxing (former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion)

Fight Record (10)

W: 9
D: 1
(Training: 8)

STATS

Stamina: 55 (max. 70)
Climax: 34

Initiative : 4
Accuracy: 7
Defense: 8

Striking: 7 (max. 11)
Grab/Submission: 5
Throw Power: 4
Sex: 5

Special Details:

After the scandal involving him in the Sara Mayfield rape trial, the brutal Jake Marsden was stripped of his heavyweight title and banned from World Championship Boxing. Word quickly got around that he personally recieved a phone call from Simon North, himself. The CEO of Date with Destiny wasted no time in adding this powerhouse star to the roster after already buying out the now defunct Angels of Wrestling brand. Between this ruthless (and controversial) ex-boxing champion and a wide list of female competitors, there is bound to be even more fans in the seats. Simon North officially created a Championship Title and pitted Marsden against his top star, Alex Graham in a match -- with both the belt and their careers at stake. Once the aged Alex Graham was annihilated, he was fired and Jake Marsden became the first Date with Destiny Champion. Simon then ruled that those who wish to become champion must now participate in a tournament for the right to face the original champion for their title.

Marsden has already achieved astonishing results for the company. Despite his recent draw against the fierce Adam Riley, nothing yet taints Marsden's ongoing 9-0 winning streak. He currently has 4 R/H Finish Victories against female competitors and fans do not expect this number to remain low for very long.

Traits:

1st:
Boosted Stamina (+10)

Boosted Stamina

Effect: Characters that take 'Boosted Stamina' immediately gain +10 to their base Stamina. This changes their Maximum to 70 (rather than the normal 60) if they wish to put points into it as they level.

2nd:
Attack of Opportunity

Effect: After an opponent fumbles a strike or a grab attempt, characters with 'Attack of Opportunity' can start their turn with a free strike attempt at no stamina cost. This is rolled normally and can still be a critical hit. Any additional actions can be done normally (including an additional strike or a grab attempt at normal stamina cost).

3rd:
Heavy-Hitter (+1 Striking)

This fighter has focused on building his striking power. Be it a punch, kick, knee, chop or whatever it may be; whenever he lands a blow... he makes it count.

Effect: Characters taking Heavy-Hitter receives +1 to their Striking. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Striking is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

4th:

Twisted Crow

Tyler Rand the "Sleeping Dragon"
(played by Twisted Crow)

HT: 5'11
Build: Slim, but toned physique.
Hair: Brown, dark and styled short
Eyes: Green, forest

STATS

Level: 2
XP: 80
Aspect: Class-Act

Fighting Style: Self-styled (Hybrid of Kung Fu, Jujitsu & Taichi Ch'uan)

Fight Record (0 Matches)

Stamina: 28
Climax: 22

Initiative : 2

Professional Promo Photo
Light Training

Special Details/Bio:

Inspired by zen teachings and various Chinese and Japanese folklore, Tyler Rand was trained by many skilled martial artists. A somewhat naïve romancist, Rand finds himself joining Date with Destiny to make ends meet. While reluctant to encourage the gimmicks that the company is known for, his ideology alone cannot pay bills or keep him fed. He prefers to analyze his opponent and their their momentum against them. Due to his tactical mindset, he took the nickname "Sleeping Dragon", named as tribute of sorts to the legendary Three Kingdoms strategist Zhuge Liang. His favorite foods are sushi, buffalo wings and pasta -- and due to his fascination with the cultures, he has a particular fondness for Asian women.

Traits:

1st:
Attack of Opportunity

Attack of Opportunity

Effect: After an opponent fumbles a strike or a grab attempt, characters with 'Attack of Opportunity' can start their turn with a free strike attempt at no stamina cost. This is rolled normally and can still be a critical hit. Any additional actions can be done normally (including an additional strike or a grab attempt at normal stamina cost).

2nd:
3rd:
4th:

scribus1000

Oh man, this game! I remember being psyched for this...if I have space I think I'll whip up a character for it. Or bring back one already made. :)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Vercile

scribus1000

Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Vercile

Praxis

Apologies...Used Aya's form and updated.

Nathan "King" Fischer

Orientation: Hetero
Height: 6'3"
Build: Sleek, muscular but with build similar to that of a swimmer or climber.

Stats
Aspect: Career Driven

Fighting Style
Submission based but looking to be well-rounded

Stamina: 21
Climax: 21

Initiative: 3
Accuracy:5

Submission: 4
Throw Power: 2
Sex: 3

Twisted Crow

yuki92

well, is this alright?

Makoto Yuki

Height: 5' 4"
Build: petite
Ethnicity: Japanese
Eyes: Black

Stats
Aspect: Class Act

Fighting Style Mixing taekwondo and luchadora. using kick strike and high-flying move

Initiative : 5
Defense: 2

Submission: 3
Sex: 1

She goes by the name, "Yuki". She was trained by her father to fight since childhood until her father died, protecting her from a gangster. Now she is trying to keep herself alive with the only thing she knows, fight. She is serious on the ring, but outside of the ring, she is childish, easy to approach and always try to trust everyone who nice to her. Other than that, she has a mission, to avenge her father.

Twisted Crow

Approved. Scores look legit, adding to the list.

Again, if anyone needs a practice match or to learn the system or get a training match out of the way... feel free to ask me (or Aya and Praxis if they are available).

There is a storm at my house so I might not be all that active here with power outtages and stuff.

Twisted Crow

By the way for those that didn't catch the update on my first post... this is a current spar between Aya and I to serve as how the fights actually look:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=231671.0

Vercile

Erika Western

HT: 173.7cm / 5'7"
Build: Sleek, Slender

STATS

Aspect: Class Act

Fighting Style: Boxing & Karate

Alternate Brackets;)

(0 Career Matches)

Special Details:

This bad ass bombshell from the down under has come a long way in martial arts training, putting a east meets west combination of fighting skills to the test in a variety of competitive sports. Winning and retaining local and state title fights as well as gaining and losing nation ones. Erika has become famous for her quick jabs and quicker slips in the ring and powerful lengthy kicks in the arena all over the globe, as well as other sports and arts. Throughout her career, Erika has been able to maintain her skills, fitness levels, win streaks and of course her fans who've come to idolize her noble and honourable attitude towards competitive sports. Giving the world and especially her country something to aspire to, so how did such a beauty find herself taking part in the most lewd and explicit "Sport" known as Date With Destiny? Often the blonde bombshell refuses to comment when approached with this question in interviews, her fans speculate a variety of plausible yet highly irrational reasons such as; She's fallen into debt with all the money she's spent, she's really a closet slut, getting beaten up turns her on, and much much more. The most rational speculation floating around the world wide web it seems, is that Simon North is somehow manipulating or blackmailing her.

Twisted Crow

Heh. For those re-submitting their characters after changing them... please delete their old submission of them after I approve them. This saves me scrolling time and enables me to see what characters have changed. These doppelgangers are going to confuse me if this gets out of hand. :)

"Erika Western" change - Approved.

Drake Valentine

Points system is confusing me.

Can you give a full detail info on points and allocating them? I saw former post of '25' total, but how does that apply to stamina and health. I would like to see a very bare bones sheet of proper total of points as a whole for allocation.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Twisted Crow

I have it somewhere, I'll look for it and make it clear.

25 points on creation.

Creation Allocation Maximums:

Stamina/Climax: 10 points maximum on creation. These stats start at 20 + your points invested.

Everything else: 5 points maximum on creation. No minimums (unless I later decide to change this).

On creation you can spend 10 points on Stamina and/or Climax. Other stats can have an investment of up to 5. After that, see the "Level Up" section.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Twisted Crow on June 28, 2015, 12:32:52 PM
I have it somewhere, I'll look for it and make it clear.

25 points on creation. As it is now? The gist of it is 10 max on Stamina and Climax. 5 maximum on other stats that use points. It may have been something we finalized in testing but forgot to make clear on that section. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

But that would mean everyone else sheets are beyond stamina and climax default since it is shown as zero. >.<

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Drake Valentine

Edit: Hmm, the Queen sheet was missing some parts to it. That being accuracy which I copied this from, redoing.

Huy Huang

Height: 5’5”
Build: Muscular
Ethnicity: Vietnamese 
Hair: Dark Brown

Stats

Fighting Style
Vo Thuat Binh Dinh / Brazilian Ju-Jitsu / Dirty Street-fighting
Detailed

(0 Career Matches)

Stamina: 20

Initiative: 1
Accuracy: 5

Striking: 1
Submission: 5
Throw Power: 4
Sex: 4

Huy Huang was not the greatest of children back in his day. He has had his fair share of petty crime and scuffles with other individuals. His family thought it best that through martial arts that he would learn self discipline. Unfortunately, they were wrong on that regard. He learned through martial arts that it was easier to beat other people up, and better defend himself against the bigger opponents that may of been out there. He never allowed the schools to catch too much wind of his misdoings, after all he might not of been further taught of how to 'defend' himself. Over the years he participated in tournaments, but never gained a good reputation, often being kicked out for his misbehavior or dishonorable conduct. The same misconduct that has him removed from other MMA tournaments after his further studies and training in a different style. Fortunately as luck would have it, he was scouted and recruited for his talents. It would seem that those who hold A Date with Destiny need villains to satisfy the crowd and what better man that Huy who has been repetitively kicked out of other groups? He'll be more than happy to give the crowds what they want, a brute that they would have no choice but to love to hate.

Twisted Crow

Approved! I'll update the roster ASAP. Nice choice on Pics, by the way! :-)

Drake Valentine

Might want to wait, I am redoing it since accuracy was missing in the Queen sheet that I copied from. I'll let you know when done done, going to probably restat.

Twisted Crow

Drake Valentine

And edited it, restat is done along with short bio/background thing.

yuki92

I've edited my character name, and moving the stat around a little bit. should i post a new one instead?

and anyone want to do some practice match?

Twisted Crow

Twisted Crow

I have decided to announce the early joining bonus above.

The first members on the list that join get 40 XP to add to their character. They also get a one-time only "extra" training match before their first career fight. They lose this if they do a career fight first.

Aya has used both of them already. Speaking of which, another match has been added to the current matches tab in the first post.

Training matches are open challenges, by the way. See "Current Matches" above (first post) as guidance.

Also, I've decided that Level 1 characters can respec/retrain their points for free.

Vercile

Drake Valentine

Well, I was going to make a Caucasian or other European; but after seeing plenty of males of such ethnicity I defaulted to my common, oriental route for character making. 

Twisted Crow

I forgot to mention, I think. If anyone is starting a Training match, do me a favor and send me the link so I can post it up here. ;)

I expect Career Matches to be ready to start very shortly.

Praxis

Aya and I are doing a training match with the updated changes.

From a mechanics point of view, I'm not sure why anyone would go for an R/H victory.  It feels as though it might take too long...although I suppose I should just try that in the training match shouldn't I?

Put it to practice so to speak.

Twisted Crow

We tested that and it is a bit more difficult in early levels. Generally its kind of its own reward, like having your cake and eating it too. I assume you mean during a match. It's more ideal for higher levels (or those with faith in their Grab and Sex Scores) to go for that, as the lower levels are reliant on bottoming out their opponents climax for the heal effect. Once that happens, the control of the match is pretty much in favor of the player going for the R/H Finish. They heal and get to have sex with them (during the match) instead of fight them for a freeform R/H Finish. The training match that Aya is owning me on is a prime example of one way it could work or easily backfire for those going for that sort of win.

The one that bottoms out on Climax once can also decide to give up and go straight to freeform R/H (as having your d20 roll cut down to a d10 is quite a disadvantage).

I admit that rewards are scaled more in favor of the Class Act, as to give a reason to play something other than Ruthless. However the consequences are much higher for breaking alignment for the "good guys". Its the opposite for the Ruthless types. Somewhat smaller reward for doing what is expected, lighter consequences for deviating.

By calculations, XP rewards help but it isn't a huge gap between a Class Act with 30 matches versus a Ruthless with the same amount. They are still very close in many  calculated scenarios.  :-)

Drake Valentine

Hmmm.

I actually see one problem.

For group games, the entire number of threads allowed is x2(I believe) to the number of active members of the group. If variations of one x one threads take place, then that may cause other problems.

Alternative solution to this would be

The individuals have only one thread each to track all of their progress and matches. Quick post links within the title of the initial post can help guide between what may be practice matches or career driven matches. I don't see too much of a problem here, since 1. Practices are generally limited to one, minus the start bonus and 2. It helps trim down threads if people choose to make an additional character or if GM wants to place other event places for things to do outside of combat system.

Alternatively a separate thread for training could be used for everyone, but with so much posting going on within a single compact area, it may get too complicated to track everything.

If you choose not to do other areas, then each player could have one thread for training and one thread of their own for sparring; however, this may not allowed for additional threads such as OOC, Game Info, or Character Database given such and also would deny individuals of being able to do multiple characters since the E rule applies to active members of the group and not by number of characters by said members.

Twisted Crow

I didn't read that restriction anywhere. I kinda wonder how similar systems got started with that restriction, as its hard to keep things organized that way and yet they flourished and can have matches in separate threads. An important distinction here is that "Practice (OOC) matches" are mainly getting the hang of the system, not so much roleplay. This is why I want this in PMs, since they are largely OOC anyway. They don't count toward events that happen in story.

Edit: It looks like I have no other choice until we can get this done for the boards sake. That just seems so cumbersome. Then one thread will have to track training and another will have to track career matches. More complicated things are going to have to come after if this does happen.

I really hope people don't leave but...  :-\

Training/Sparring Rounds are different as they are supposed to be in character experiences and events.

Career Matches are the same, but official in terms of the fighter's record.

Currently working on the following

-An official thread topic that stores the Roster with Character Sheets as records.
-A few 1st level NPCs to give fighters more options to train against. Players have yet to issue other challenges so I figure I'd widen the options a bit. Some players might like to see other player characters in more "official" career matches. ;)
-Two "in-between" level NPCs to have a medium between the champion and the Players. I don't expect people to challenge the champion to an exhibition match to "prove themselves early" although they are welcome to try. Speaking of..

-Adding the new David vs. Goliath chart for gaining adjusted "handicap" rewards in unfair match ups.

Training Matches are still open and Career Matches are almost a go. I just want one more (hopefully also the other volunteer testers from the past that have been busy, too). Just one more while I make the future complete!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Twisted Crow on June 30, 2015, 07:53:24 PM
I didn't read that restriction anywhere. I kinda wonder how similar systems got started with that restriction, as its hard to keep things organized that way and yet they flourished and can have matches in separate threads. An important distinction here is that "Practice (OOC) matches" are mainly getting the hang of the system, not so much roleplay. This is why I want this in PMs, since they are largely OOC anyway. They don't count toward events that happen in story.

It is sticky in every tag of group game threads. Here is one link example https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=100379.0

QuoteSmall Group Games

1) You may have a number of threads equal to twice the number of participants (players and gms).
2) Use the same tag to start each thread title, for example [Home of the Horny Housemaids] for your game.

Drake Valentine

I believe my first mention idea would be the best solution to the problem as a whole.

Each player entitled to make one 'Record' thread for their characters. Or 'track' thread.

The initial post will provide hyperlinks(should events happen in their thread) to matches or other outside links to matches that they may of participated with in another's thread and their outcomes. The record keeper(player) of their created thread for their character will list outcomes involving their playby only at the end.

Each match will be titled with who vs who{and type - outcome deviation for result } For example John Doe Vs Jane Doe{Sparring - Defeat } Should John had lost to Jane.

A proper title before every match within the thread should be given. This can be somewhere coded in, I would say better at top.

Example

John Doe Vs Jane Doe {Sparring}

Post actions

Roll tracker / stats/ whatever results

The only problem may be clutter, but I don't see much clutter going on it everything else was happening in one thread or two altogether. This would free up other potential threads should you have anything else in mind beyond combat/fighting for players. If not, it would allow room for individuals to play a second character.

Twisted Crow

I don't quite understand what you mean by "record" or "track" thread.

Basically it stores the character and their list of matches like a Solo Request thread would a list of their ongoing RPs? I don't get it. The clutter I think will make people turn around. Even if it was going to be temporary... That's my only main fear with this. Not that I have a choice. I've worked on this for 2 friggin' years. I guess this is what has to be done. :/

Drake Valentine

Yea, I am not sure how to better explain or elaborate on it. >.>

I guess in simpler terms it may look something like

This

Thread Title: John Doe's Career [DWD]
Start of Initial Post: Links involving career/matches (see prior suggestion.)

And then normal posts to follow with whatever match & events that individual may be partaking in with another.

That is just one thought and example, it can be redone however you like.

Edit: A better example and I will use...

Aya's Character

I will treat this in format from start. The title of the thread and the initial post.

[DWD] Park Yura's Career

Record: W/L/T ratio
Park Yura vs Nathan Fisher {Sparring, Her End Result}
Park Yura vs Tyler Rand {Sparring, Her End Result}

Normal posting follows 

Twisted Crow

That looks like that can work. I think I get it, but the problem is... are the other players cool with that until we expand?

Drake Valentine

Edit in a better example

Well, that is way it has to be now sadly till expansion or better suggestion follows.

Twisted Crow

This can work. This might be more simple than it sounds at first, as the "Life Tracker" thread, in theory could have in-character posts in it too right? A la "Social Media updates, interviews, character interactions and run-ins" while the career thread keeps track of the matches themselves, which also count as roleplays.

yuki92

i don't really understand, so i leave it to you guys...

and i'll try to do the same after you finished with your thread, i hope i'll understand it by then.. ^^

Twisted Crow

[edit: Small group topics are created]
We will do this until we can have our own board, basically.

aya

Twisted Crow

I won't give up on this easily, but I can only do so much. The more active and interested people are, the sooner we get a big game board. If anyone needs me to do anything to keep their characters going (like an NPC or to make something clear), they need only ask.

Twisted Crow

[Edited: Aya & I have a better idea for this to keep things organized and have our cake and eat it too with freeform. Just a moment. ;)]

Twisted Crow

The link to every thread in the group is active. Please make challenges in the Match-Making thread and try to decide on what kind of match you both want to participate in. Send me a notice to book you for a match or a sparring round, whichever is requested.

For career matches please specify whether it is a Win-Lose match or a No Limits match. I imagine that No Limits matches will be picked more often than Win or Lose. I will add this to corresponding threads very shortly. I just wanted everyone to know that we are a GO! and we can begin. Please see the first thread on the links to all DWD related threads that are now up.

Another Update: David Versus Goliath (XP Handicap) Chart is now finished!

I will add your character as is on the Roster (GM Only) thread soon. Be sure that your character is finalized and PM me if it is not. Changes can still be made until your first match.

Also... Yuki, Vercile & Praxis... if you guys can give me a coded template of your character in a PM, that would be great. ;)

Twisted Crow

Updated to include positions for "Freeform Only" characters. If people still wish to write and participate, but not worry about the system. I need interviewers, social media "fans" and even managers. I'm even cool with people playing family members of people on the show as well (a la Brothers or Sisters, etc).

Discuss it here, first. I am currently working on a "Non-Fighter" character sheet. It's pretty much the same without the statistics. I am having special ideas for managers, but that is going to have to be something we "play-by-ear" if chosen to incorporate.

Also working on optional systems I may or may not actually implement later. Just experiments, mostly. I think the current system is pretty solid as is:

-New "Non-NC" Match Idea: "Best to Bed"... as in, there is no R/H Finish for this stipulation. They take the Loser to their own sexy spot for fun (I'm thinking the arena has a special room for this). Bonuses and Penalties wouldn't apply. This gives players a "Dubious Consent" or.... more rather a "Best Her to Bed Her" kind of option. In case some people are turned off by the NC aspects, but have some liking for the game itself and still want the sexy parts after a match... this is a good alternative, I think. But I will wait on more input on this.

-Rivalries (Players can theoretically have their character declare a Rivalry against another character, receiving a bonus when fighting that character). Not fully decided on this, as this might be a pointless mechanic depending on how it is used. I'm leaning on No, but it was an idea.

-Thinking of a way to hinder "power/meta-gaming" builds. This is likely going to take form in having minimum stat requirements (1 in each stat), and with some traits requiring an associated stat. I may enforce that the Accuracy & Defense have a shared point investment at the start (like, you cannot stack more than 5 points between Accuracy & Defense... so up to 3 in one stat and 2 in another). This isn't 100% official yet. I'm still thinking on this. Of course, if I make changes, people are entitled to a free re-spec of stat allocation.

-An organic offense implementation that tones down long streaks of bad dice rolls. As it is, temporary +1 to attack after every 2nd consecutive miss doesn't sound too bad. The only thing I'm afraid of if it is incorporated is that it might add complications (too much to keep up with for some). I might add this as a trait instead. Long streaks of terrible rolls also helped add some dynamic to the game story, as it recently made a would be "squash match" more interesting. I have doubts about implementing this. I am also thinking on something like "Every 3rd consecutive Miss becomes a normal Hit for half-damage". This keeps some matches with terrible roll streaks from dragging out too long. Nobody likes Missing a whole bunch.

scribus1000

Been lagging behind on stuff, but I'm still in this. Had to axe some RPs though. :(

In any case, expect to see some apps from me soon. If there's a cap on chars, that's cool, I still want to write out these so i have a pool to pick from for approval.

Excluding below, What I've got planned is:

Elliot Saren Ryker "Wrath"

Antonia Durante Delgado "The Hellcat"

Miriam Cassandra Blake "The Anomaly"

Francesca Danielle Morgan "The Inferno"

scribus1000

Veronica Annabelle Crane
"The Vice Grip"

Orientation: Pansexual
Height: 5'8"
Build: Light tone of athletic, but curves generally win over.
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Green

Stats
XP: 40

Fighting Style
Basic Striker/Grappler

Fight Record:
0-0-0 (0)*

*(W-L-D (Total Matches)

Stamina: 26

Initiative: 2
Accuracy: 2

Striking: 2
Submission: 4
Throw Power: 1
Sex: 5

Special Details/Notes/Bio: Having been a former pornstar, Veronica is no stranger to the more carnal sides of the world. She has been made somewhat popular in her adult films for her sometimes brash, often aggressive nature towards those that she co-starred with at the time. Surprisingly she has a manageable, friendly personality outside of the job--most of the darker stuff is all for the camera. Just don't push too hard or pull a cheap move, or you may see some painful consequences. She was made an offer and scooped up for the DWD Tourney after completing a film themed towards wrestling, incidentally. The most famous scene is of her sexually and thoroughly dominating her female opponent in the locker room, long after the actual match concluded. People unabashedly may refer to this if they've seen the film.

Twisted Crow

Glad to see you back! For right now, I'm keeping things tight on characters per player. But if you feel like you can manage multiple characters, I'm not openly restricting it for now. The only reason I keep things encouraged to 1 per player is to keep players from fighting their own characters over and over again. I haven't yet decided what I would do about that in case that had to happen.

I will however, accept "requested NPC" applications as well as a player's single character application. I might let a player have 2, if they think they can handle it. A player couldn't play both in the same fight, though. Besides... would you really want to? ;)

I am also thinking of making a set of "up-for-grabs" NPC's for people to try out if they wanted a change of pace. Or for people that may want to "try" the game before making a character from scratch.

Again. Welcome back! :D

Twisted Crow

I've been thinking of ways to jazz the game up... really, I'm always doing this. It also gives me ideas for new games with the same system I have in place. Note: I'm not doing any of this yet. None of this is official. I'm just putting it out there as to what is in my brain lately.

Just what I'm thinking on adding a bit of flavor to the game we have:

New Match Type Ideas:

1. Handicap Matches - Ideally, it would be 2-on-1. The pair with advantage would share a combined stamina pool and a "blended" defense score. They'd also receive circumstantial bonuses. They would have no Climax score, but instead a base Heat score that increases their chances of dominating the match. They do have advantage, afterall. The single competitor would get bonuses to give them a chance, but it would still be hard for them to win.

2. Owned for a Night - Basically the standard NC match, but the winner can choose to have sex with the loser once at anytime they want after the match. This can be in a gym when they are working out, in a hotel room or even in a special room in the arena designed for that. The advantage to this is dressing up the opponent in ways that would be different from how they would normally dress on stage.

3. Shared No Limits - Similar to a Handicap... kinda. Except that the winner can bring out guests on the show to help them perform an R/H on their opponent. This can even be another player character. The key difference is that the match is a standard 1-on-1. The guest doesn't come in until after the match result.

Alternate ideas on changing the game as-is:

-Allowing a bit of over-the-top action. Nothing like special powers (like in Street Fighter), but some zany stuff.

-Allowing players to fight on the fly without having to book matches... provided that the arena's had space. This is something I'm doing right now, anyway. Since I've been working and barely have time to micromanage.

Ideas on using the system I have to make a different game:

-Superheroes and Superheroines with Non-Con and more freedom for players to engage each other. Basically, traits would be special powers or weapons, instead. Some adjustments would be made, but that's the general concept of it. I have the system working. So it would be a lot of plugging stuff in and re-balancing for craziness.

-Another fighting game, but more like Mortal Kombat. Allowing death (and resurrection) in some situations that cost losers XP... even levels.

Twisted Crow

I have returned and there is much to do with this.

As it is, the game died due to my departure and I accept responsibility in all respects. The fact is, I've become a better and healthier person in many ways. However, the DWD dream still burns in me. The game system still sticks with me and I feel like I want to use this stream-lined d20 system I've set up in either this game concept or perhaps in different story or world concept all together.

I don't feel like I gave this system the chance that it so deserves. So this is one more attempt to push-start it and try to enhance the game in some way or another. Calling all interested parties. One more time. ;)

Zenkai

I'm very interested. I already stumbled on your rules before, liked the idea quite a bit!

scribus1000

As you already know, I'm still in. Just making the interest official, I suppose.

Laughing Hyena

Twisted Crow

Well... that makes three, thusfar.  ;D I've been reading over the ruleset to refresh my memory. I'm always looking for ways to clean it up and make the game run smoother. From the get go, it was designed to be quicker in pace than most dice games go but enough to leave things open for the writer. The last time I was here, Aya and I were entertaining the notion of handicap matches (or possibly 2v2 action). That is still something that sounds cool in mind, but also pondering on how much that could bog down the fights (considering that its post-by-post).

When it comes to traits and character growth, I'm still currently looking to add more options with the following objectives in mind:

-Keep the character sheet pretty simple. I don't think I need more statistics for players to keep up with.
-Looking at ways to flesh out striking type playstyles while keeping the overall system fairly straightforward.
-Avoid adding new traits that might give one type of fighter a certain overpowering advantage.
-Keep the grapple system as close to its current format. While powerful, that style is also quite costly when compared to strikes.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Dallas on November 08, 2015, 10:04:32 PM
Well... that makes three, thusfar.  ;D I've been reading over the ruleset to refresh my memory. I'm always looking for ways to clean it up and make the game run smoother. From the get go, it was designed to be quicker in pace than most dice games go but enough to leave things open for the writer. The last time I was here, Aya and I were entertaining the notion of handicap matches (or possibly 2v2 action). That is still something that sounds cool in mind, but also pondering on how much that could bog down the fights (considering that its post-by-post).

When it comes to traits and character growth, I'm still currently looking to add more options with the following objectives in mind:

-Keep the character sheet pretty simple. I don't think I need more statistics for players to keep up with.
-Looking at ways to flesh out striking type playstyles while keeping the overall system fairly straightforward.
-Avoid adding new traits that might give one type of fighter a certain overpowering advantage.
-Keep the grapple system as close to its current format. While powerful, that style is also quite costly when compared to strikes.

Well if it's my opinion, throws aka wrestling style was under loved and high flying, high risk moves were criminally unavailable.

Twisted Crow

Throws were always something I struggled with to balance. I'll admit. I originally did want to incorporate a few Pro-Wresting style mechanics for characters that orientated to that kind of build. I still do. I'm currently rubbing my hands together and plotting on how to implement them.

In the past I had "Styles" which was something of a class-based system that basically reflected that character's fighting style. So taking a rank in High-Flyer Wrestler would ideally give exclusive abilities suited to that playstyle. That idea was originally inspired by WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008. While it wasn't my favorite in the series, I like that they made each wrestler "class based".

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Dallas on November 08, 2015, 11:09:43 PM
Throws were always something I struggled with to balance. I'll admit. I originally did want to incorporate a few Pro-Wresting style mechanics for characters that orientated to that kind of build. I still do. I'm currently rubbing my hands together and plotting on how to implement them.

In the past I had "Styles" which was something of a class-based system that basically reflected that character's fighting style. So taking a rank in High-Flyer Wrestler would ideally give exclusive abilities suited to that playstyle. That idea was originally inspired by WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008. While it wasn't my favorite in the series, I like that they made each wrestler "class based".

Still whatever works with balance is the better route. But in either case I hope this one gets off the ground.

tyr4n02r

Still open? Got some ideas, specifically with more Pro-Wrestling characters.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Twisted Crow

It is still open, but slow-going, to be honest. Things are still kinda "up-in-the-air" right now. What are your ideas? :-)

tyr4n02r

A pro-wrestler, former Dojo student, until he got a taste of fame on a small circuit. With a small but loyal following, he enters this mixed fighting arena with high hopes.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

scribus1000

That sounds good to me, a wrestler veteran could make for nice interactions for characters that are meant to be new to the scene, so to speak. Reminds me, I have four more chars to make as a pool, and I should get started on them asap.

Twisted Crow

All of this sounds promising. To be honest though, I am considering adding a loose form of "character classes" back in the system. I plan on keeping it simple though, so little changes would need to be made to already existing characters. ;)

Pink Kitten

Just wanted to throw in - tentatively - that if this gets off the ground again, I might be interested in joining ^_^

Twisted Crow

That is more good news! I am a bit mentally exhausted today from helping with a family members roof but I should have some updates on this while awaiting a few more players (new or returning ones, either or). ;)

Drake Valentine

I'm around if I can keep my character/stats from before. Have to re-read over things to get use to system again.

Twisted Crow

Awesome! You two would be great contributions to the game as well. ;) And don't worry... I've been gone a while. Even *I* am looking back at the rules to refresh my memory. :D I might be ready to get this rolling again officially with perhaps one or two more. But for right now, I think people can start challenges with each other for a bit if they feel like they understand the rules. Otherwise, Practice Matches are always harmless. The actual tournament idea is gonna wait for more players, though.

The past characters that remain inactive might be put on the shelf for now until I decide on what to do with them (provided that their respective players dont ever return after a while). They might become NPC's or put up for grabs or something. However, until I make a decision on it and make a deadline... they will be inactive and on the shelf for the time being.

I was recently asked about my old styles system and I felt compelled to reiterate this here. As far as styles go, one of the reasons I left the attributes and character system open ended was to provide flexibility for the writers. A strike could be a powerful haymaker, a roundhouse kick, a combination of light chops, a springboard (bounce off the ropes) that ends with a enzugiri or dropkick, etc. A grab could be a simple headlock, an armbar, a sleeper hold attempt or even something like a bearhug. As long as it is something like a hold that could be sustained.

There may be a time when I implement a *loose* class-system that embodies fighting styles that retain simplicity and diversity. But for now, I am trying to keep the game simple and easy to understand while giving the players as much freedom as possible with their performance and roleplaying. The one thing I am trying to avoid is making the game too complicated to the point where fights themselves last more than a couple of pages.

Currently hashing out even more trait options. A few that may open up more options for just the kind of character they want in that DWD arena and its ongoing drama.

And yes, I'm even "refreshing my memory" on some of the rules, too. ;)

Still open for more players, of course. I am glad to see people still interested. :D

Edit: Actually, I think I have an idea that might give High-Flyer types a little something-something. An Aerial stat with its own mechanic.

Twisted Crow

Now accepting new character applications, although I am working in the Aerial stat. It will go below the Throw stat and above the Sex stat.

About the 'Aerial' statistic...

How I think it will work (without extra Traits) is that it will act as a blend of offense and defense and behave in a contextual manner where (and when) a fighter decides to go high risk and be a daredevil. For the one performing the dive or springboard manuever, it will behave as Accuracy and, for the defender, Aerial will also act as their Defense Bonus against it. There is a variety of outcomes for the attacker upon success (or failure). It can be a big time strike that levels an opponent (think diving axe handle, drop kicks, diving elbows or karate kicks, etc) or an instant throw (like a fancy "air-to-grab" arm drag or a hurricanrana). The damage would be based on the stat that the attack relates to in nature with an additional pay-off.

However, it wouldnt be high risk without severe drawbacks to go with it. If it is a miss or "botched" move, they can take damage on their own turn and be vulnerable on their opponents next action. I imagine this is also going to be basic, but contextual. For instance, Violet goes to the top rope for a diving dropkick on a standing opponent but critically fails (fumbles), loses her next turn and takes hard damage from falling. Or she critically fails on a hurricanrana (the instant throw attempt) and instead finds herself countergrabbed into a hold or a throw. A normal failure could be tripping on the ropes and getting caught for that turn, or losing the turn because she could have been slow about climbing the turnbuckle. Now she's vulnerable and loses her defense bonus toward her opponent this turn.

I am planning to add a couple of Traits that further enhance this playstyle. Such as something like "High-Flyer", which could enhance the character's offensive and defensive options in aerial situations. And perhaps a trait that reduces the severity of the drawbacks a bit (reduced damage from critical failures, not losing defense bonus on normal failures). Some things that could still make them pay for miscalculating but... perhaps make it less likely to be that one mistake that could cost them the win.

New characters (with the Aerial stat on the character sheet) would get 30 points to spend on Attributes (instead of 25).

For existing characters, they would get an additional 5 points to even things out with this new stat implemented.

Updates on Traits

I am thinking of changing the Level-Trait progression from 2/4/6/8 to 1/3/5/7/9. Meaning...

Characters would start with a trait to establish an initial identity about them. And there would be an extra trait for characters that make it that far in their careers (with a total of 5 traits at 9th Level). I didnt like that 1st level characters felt like they had little going for them other than having numbers. Plus, it gave certain fighting styles a short stick at 1st level.

As far as suggesting traits, I'm wide open but I want to avoid adding Traits that are either too powerful on their own or worse, add too much complexity to the system. One trait that may give a simple boon in an area or a significant boost during specific situations are likely to be okay, though they could be tweaked a bit. However, one that would require a lot of mechanics is something I want to avoid most. I want more people playing matches. I want the fun to keep going with less time spent on having to break open that rulebook. ;)

In other thoughts and news:

-Considering changing "Climax" to something like "Heat" ... since its become a fusion of a "Morale" and "Orgasm" threshold.

-Working at making more improvements and adding much more clarity to character states. Also thinking on a "Grounded" state (character is laying down, used mostly for Aerial type manuevers as well as writing situational context, for flavor).

I may have forgotten something but I will likely remember and add it to this. Let me know what you guys think! ;)

-Dallas

Twisted Crow

More rule adjustments/ideas. Remember that none of this is set in stone. I'm playing around with these ideas while awaiting feedback on them, just like with the news above.

"Taking 10"

I am thinking of giving players an option to "Take 10" on certain d20 rolls, which basically renders their performance an "average effort". The idea is that you can put out a stable offense without risking a low roll. Of course, the drawback to this is that these rolls won't be particularly high, either. I am leaning on making this only for Hold Strength and Throw Power. However, if implemented for other rolls... there would be a price to pay for it. For example, if I allowed "Taking 10" on attack rolls.... it could spell out automatic hits and grabs for Strikes and Grabs (if the defender's Defense isn't very high). If I were to allow this for attacks, their would have to be a cost (reduced damage, stamina or something). For now, Taking 10 seems like a sound alternative for those that wouldn't want to roll on Hold Strength or Throw Power (see below). If a fighter took 10 on a Hold Strength roll, all he/she would do is use 10+(Grab/Hold) or 10+(Throw) to quickly determine what the opponent should roll against. Because of how powerful Holds and Throws are going to end up being after this update, I am considering allowing Strike attackers to "Take 10" at little to no cost... but that is still a bit iffy at the moment.

Throws & Throw Power:

Some tweaking is being done with Throws. What happened before was that the thrown character would have to roll against the attacker's remaining Hold Strength to avoid some damage. Instead, I'm deciding that Throws really need more impact and defending against them should make sense. If they are held until the throw, it should be consistent with the Throw stat (instead of the Grab/Hold stat). What I am thinking is that the player defending against the throw should roll against a "Throw Power" roll. The throw power would be a roll made by the attacker at d20+(Throw).

If the defender fails to meet or best this on a defense roll, they take either [Throw + 10] or [Throw x 2] in damage (I'm a bit undecided on this, with how Traits are handled). When combined with traits that boost Throws (and how some characters can instantly throw) with the system update coming up, I picture that this could be potentially devastating. And it could finally be a form of offense with less diminishing return (especially at higher levels).

Upon successfully defending against the throw (without traits that help defending against it), they would take straight damage from the opponent's Throw statistic (without bonuses other than Traits). There is also going to be a trait that reduce or minimize Throw damage upon successfully defending. While a tad powerful, remember that it does use up one of your characters 5 potential traits when leveling. I want to avoid having too many situations where one trait could cancel out another trait. This isn't Yu-gi-oh.

Popularity

This is likely going to be a new addition to track character progress beyond experience points. Popularity will track how well the character is known in Date With Destiny. The normal scale ranges from 0 (unknown) to 50 (legendary). Popularity will mostly function as a flavor stat for roleplaying and for determining the crowd bias during the match between the two competitors. This doesn't necessarily mean that the player with the highest stat wins the crowd, but rather "how much" of the crowd is behind a given character. Popularity is gained by doing things related to the character's current Aspect. Similarly, it is reduced when character's deviate from their chosen Aspect. Again, for right now... this is mostly a flavor statistic to give the audience a more organic reaction based on the competitors and the match. However, Popularity will likely impact which stars can enter the Date with Destiny Tournament.

Will return in a bit. As always, any feedback is welcome. ;D

Zenkai

Perhaps popularity can be used as a non-renewable resource during a match, as a bonus on rolls. Or a single roll.

Let's say you start with 10 popularity, and that'd be +10 usable wholly or in part on any roll. These points renew after the match ends, to your new popularity rating.

alternately, you could combine popularity and taking 10. So one can "perform as his popularity predicts" (take 10) a number of times equal to the pupularity rating. Only the well established can take it slow and easy, after all, and pound the newcomer into the ground with indignation.

Twisted Crow

Really, in all honesty, I generally love that kind of thinking for this game. And that is also kind-of one of the reasons why I am thinking on implementing "Take 10". Although, I'm generally trying to avoid adding too much new math to the system. The intention I have behind entertaining Popularity (on a practical level) is to act as a general guideline for who would make sense as possible Tournament Qualifiers (in the future), and mostly a guide for the player on how much hype their character's have. It's also a bit of a GM's reference as well, that I won't get into. ;D While that is a neat idea you have, I am trying to avoid too much complication in general (so that pretty much anyone can pick up and play it without too many problems). Right now, dice rolls and damage generally (at most) have an "A+B+C" formula like this:

Attack:

[d20] + [stat] + [possible trait] = [Result vs Opposed Defense]

Damage:

[stat] + [possible trait] + [rare modifier (such as Character Level), if applicable]

Aside from another idea to toss in this formula (which I haven't announced yet), that's about as many variables and change-ups as I want in it... at least for the moment (while I try to get this ball rolling again). Aside from that feeling that NC "System Fighters" are a bit less in demand (when compared to mainstay system games, freeform groups and fandom-related stuff), I just don't want to add too much math beyond the basic formula I've got. And again, some of these ideas I may not even use for myself for that very reason. ;)

I do appreciate your feedback and interest on the system, however. It's encouraging. ;D

Zenkai

Well, I love system-building and games with content such as this - I even ran two, using a version of Big Breasts, Small Waist (a parody of BESM). So luring me into your game is like luring a moth with a rocket engine  ;D

I have some time to burn, so I'd like to help you with this.

Are the rules in the https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=231100.msg11357671#msg11357671 thread up to date?

Apart from the d20+stat+trait vs. static defense, and fixed damage, how much complications do you want? Right now, as I read it, a fighter can only choose between a hit and a grab, and the latter is much more interesting because it can lead to all sorts of things. You might introduce traits that modify hits, perhaps.

To make character generation easier and approachable, perhaps the character sheet could be a "fill in the circles" style. Mechanically it is the same, but players will find it much easier to use and visualize their character.

The R/H phase looks like it could have some fun rules too, instead of leaving it freeform.

Twisted Crow

For the most part, the "meat and potatoes" of the ruleset are right. There are some adjustments that are being made, however. I am not exactly sure on how to proceed with complication, due to the lack of feedback on the ruleset lately. I've been told by one that it seemed complicated, and a few others in the past felt that it was pretty simple. It's hard to tell whether or not people don't like it or if people are just busy for the holiday season. But the goal is not to bog down the players with tons of dicerolls and algebra per turn. I'm mostly looking at (at most) two dice rolls for either:

>1 or 2 strike attempts in a turn (each being a die roll).
>Grab + Throw (Or a "Power Throw").
>Grab + Submission (Hold Strength).
>Diving "to-hit" roll (which ends in a Strike or a Throw).

The aerial mechanics are also pretty simple in my mind. And generally, players are not going to want to go flying unless their opponent is vulnerable or prone. So that part is fairly easy so far. I'm a bit lost on what you mean by "fill in the circles", though.

Zenkai

"fill in the circles" refers to an old concept where you sell the game by making it easy/fun to actually create a character. Tehre was some talk a while back about making RPGs by first drawing up a character sheet, and working backwards from that. Anyways, after fiddling with it for a few minutes:

Since I'm a maniac, I envisioned a flowchart to make it easier to follow the mechanics, but that'd be a bit too much (for now) :P

One more thing I'd like to see is environmental bonuses/penalties. Let's say a ring has nice ropes around it - bonus to aerial moves. Another one has a hard floor - hurts more when you're thrown onto it. One might be a beach, with a section with shallow water. And so on.

Twisted Crow

Due to the low interest on this and low activity during the Holidays, I am putting this game on hold, temporarily. However, I have a new project to announce:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241647.msg11927947#msg11927947

Twisted Crow

Putting this back on the map with an Interest Check. And there is an announcement that I'm working on re-working the game setting and some mechanics. The goal is not to make another "wrasslin game", although... it's similar to Pro Wrestling but not quite wrestling. This is more like Dead or Alive (or Best of the Best) meets reality TV in a cheeky, yet unforgiving show.

Things I want to expand on:

- Setting & Story: Long story short, Aya once gave me a few ideas on how to flesh out DWD's setting and certain NPCs a while back (prior to my hiatus). These are some things that I'd like to work in that give the show and setting story hooks. To be specific on one: A drug that basically increases sexual drive and endurance (like by a lot). The fact that it isn't technically legal, but allowed gives the management a bit more of a "crooked connections" hook and could add a bit of drama and craziness outside of the fights themselves. Honestly, it made me think on Simon North in a whole new light. There will still be stories within character rivalries and actual in-ring drama, but I feel like this adds a cherry on top of things. Similarly, there is more to write on how the show prevents female competitors from conceiving as a result of a match outcome and more World and Show Lore for me to touch on now that I've been inspired on this.

- Streamlining some things, but adding a "Strip Clothes Action" feature (partly borrowing this from another game idea I'm working on).

- The game's action (both fighting and sex) might also "bend" realism (and physics) a bit more than it did in the past. We aren't talking Hadoukens and Sonic Booms (Street Fighter) or The Matrix sort of stuff. Instead, something more like Dead or Alive sort of action. Something that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief, but not much. These are supposed to be super-skilled athletes nearly bordering on superhuman, so I'm thinking of adding a few things to make them feel like they are.

- The possibility of including mixed handicap matches (2 on 1 action).

- Adding more optional stakes to fights where new sorts of scenes could be involved. One such example is a "Wager/Bet" type of stipulation: "Loser comes with me to X, bringing/wearing only Y," etc.

- Yes! I want to add a money/wage system where player characters can actually buy things (or even place wagers in their own fights, perhaps). They should be getting paid, and adding this as an incentive for players is a no-brainer to me. These things to purchase should be practical to encourage players to make money, by winning... or at least participating in matches.

- A rework of how characters receive experience and gain levels.

- More options for O/O flexibility.

- A rewards system to encourage activity, as well as encourage roleplaying O/O compatibility with other partners.

- A basic "Hardcore Finisher" option that somewhat ups the ante and smooth the transition from the Fight to R/H (sex) to be more seamless and more "in your face" with it.

- A rework, expansion (and simplifying) of character alignments and motivation. One example would be a new "Exhibitionist" alignment, that somewhat craves R/H... either being on the giving or receiving end of it. I am thinking of making this more of a roleplaying reference and less of an actual game mechanic.

- There is also more but, I can't quite remember all of it. I've been writing these things down and I feel like I need a nap from this multitasking that I've been doing. ::)

Drake Valentine

I'm still about if this ever picks up again, one of few system games that I enjoyed.

Twisted Crow

Heh. Glad to hear that! To be fair, Aya and Praxis deserve some significant credit for helping me test it and have fun with it awhile back. But this is great news! So far... that makes you... and now Vercile (according to her request on my GM's thread).

I should form a list of people that are still interested in doing this again (and hopefully taking off). I just gotta make a few adjustments to this idea over the next few days while the wait on interest is going. Glad to see you again, Drake! I really liked your character and your writing style overall. ;D

scribus1000

I'm still looking at this game as well, I enjoyed reading the matches that happened thus far. And I recall, I owed Drake a match as well. :(

Twisted Crow

Heh. Guess that makes three, huh?  ::)

Should get cracking on this list, soon. Glad to see you again, Scribus.  ;)

Zenkai

Back from a hiatus and still interested in this too.

When are we starting?  :-)

Drake Valentine

I think allowing players to create NPCs for combat would help as well if we end up with small crowd. These NPCs may have fix levels and cannot level up, just fill in combatants. As such, their stats may also differ or be less in comparison to what a normal level of theirs may be if they were a player. Such scene outcomes would vary between both writing partners in any finishing; regardless, such would offer a bit more variety for line ups. How you treat the exp handling in it is up to you, whether you want to have restriction to what may be gain from them being NPCs or what vs actual player matches. Obviously, players cannot match with their own NPCs, I mean, that would be kind of like RPing with yourself(unless there is option in NPC tab of who may be allowed to also RP them.)

Hope that wasn't confusing.

Twisted Crow

I believe this is a good suggestion. And its very likely that players will be able to have multiple characters, anyway. Especially if the starting group is small. Thats a good idea, Drake.

As to when I'd like to start, hopefully before or after the weekend. At most, I might push things up to a week (to give myself time to clean up the rules). Also, to give some time to wait on a couple more people (to have enough group topics again). I was somewhat feverish the other day (hence the absence).

I'm kind of working at borrowing something from Project BF to test and see how well it would work with DWD's current system.

Drake Valentine

No worries, take your time. Better you get over whatever is ailing you than be out for a longer extended time in a worse state than you may be now. Health always comes first. ^^

Twisted Crow

Feeling better and my mind is better focused. While I had this for a while, I've been meaning to include this in the main thread. Added a formal "Rules of Conduct" for Players.

Player Rules of Conduct (Please Read)

PLAYER RULES OF CONDUCT

By joining this group game, you are expected to honor these simple rules. Most of which is basically following Elliquiy's Rules anyway:

1. Respect Fellow Players, Respect Your GM(s) - You are expected to treat other players and the GM(s) with respect, no different than you are expected to behave on the rest of Elliquiy. There will be absolutely zero drama out of game. Players that are causing problems, throwing fits, harassing players or the like will be politely asked to leave the group. We are all adults, so let's please act like it and have fun.

2. This is a Game with Non-Con - There are Non-Con (& Semi-Con, etc.) sexual elements and scenes present in Date with Destiny. Considering that this is part of the point of the game, please be aware of this before joining.

3. Dicebot Use & Cheating: All system aspects in Date with Destiny will use Elliquiy's Dicebot. Any rolls made are expected to be linked if they are successful rolls. Failed rolls can simply have the written result (i.e., 'Attack Roll: 2, Miss!'). While players can choose to "trust" each other on an honor system, it is generally expected to link significant dice rolls to set a good example and practice. Cheating (if somehow made an issue) will be dealt with in a way that the lead GM sees fit. This may even lead to being asked to leave. We are on a trust system and the roleplaying, action, writing and fun is what is most important here. So seriously, just link successful dice rolls within action posts.

4. Posting Content & Format: Date with Destiny is not going to radically enforce post length or formats. However, the general expectation is that posts are reasonable for the situation (fight posts and social media "tweets" can be as short as a few sentences, while interviews, intros, promos and mock "Magazine articles" can be several paragraphs long). This is mostly a common sense thing. It is one thing to politely ask partners to tweak things a bit to help you work something of your own in there, it's another thing to be a grammar Nazi or bash writing styles. As far as formats go, I am not going to be super-strict. As long as important information is displayed and it is legible, then I probably won't care how you format your posts.

5 Post Frequency: While Date with Destiny is designed to be flexible for those that are busy, a reasonable post frequency is expected if characters are currently in a fight. Due to the fact that DWD is currently a small group, there are only so many "Arena Spots" for other players to participate in. These rooms will grow as more players join. Occasional activity outside of fights can be done at any Player's pace. However, please try to see fights to their conclusion over a reasonable time period.

6. OOC Chat: Please keep OOC talk in the OOC Thread when at all possible. Breaking this isn't quite so serious, but please use the OOC thread for this kind of stuff.

7. Participation is Desired: Please engage and participate with other players. Do not exclude anyone that has been approved into the game. Having people you like to play with is fine, having a rivalry/story you want to continue is fine. But do not exclude others. This is still a group game.

7. Communicate, Please Don't Just 'Flake': Please. Please keep people in the know. We don't have to know all of your personal business and we don't have to know why you need a break. But please just take a minute to let a GM (and your partners) know that you are stepping away (either for good or temporarily) so that I know what to do with your characters and any current RP segments that they may be involved in. "Flaking" can really slow and bog the flow of the game, considering that it puts everyone in this unnecessary moment of pause. Just let us know that you're leaving or taking a break and things will be dealt with accordingly. It's really no big deal, just don't leave us in the dark. :-)

To Test:

- The original system as it is. This is mostly to refresh my memory on how the revisions might be implemented in a practical way.
- The revisions (including the strip combo system)
- Handicap matches (with old and new revisions as I see fit). I think I already have someone for this when it's in place, but volunteers are welcome.

To Do:

- Re-organize main thread. Or Can n' Lock this thread and restart a fresh and clean one (so that I'm not sifting through old system junk).
- Permanently establish World Building thread (and link it back to main thread).
- Move game system rules over to world building.
- Poll options.

Twisted Crow

A poll has finally been added. This is a chance to chime in on what you liked and what you perhaps didn't like about the system as it stands. Note that I do like a lot of it as it is, but I am also willing to listen to feedback (especially if you have actually tried the system out with me or other people that were in the group).  ^-^

Things I want to remain in the DWD group concept:

1. Unpredictability - Where players do not always know how the match might turn out.
2. Growth & Player Partnership - Where players can feel like their character is developing, without cliquey favoritism stuff that turns things into nothing but a glorified writing 'popularity contest'.

It's one of the reasons I like systems so much. I don't have to play favorites as a GM, I'm always surprised by what happens and rules are there, plain as day. So I don't have to be that "writing judge" to determine whether or not a character was successful in their venture (with my personal tastes in writing naturally encouraging bias and favoritism as my position of GM in that case). ::)

Yeah, no... I'm not doing that. I have no interest in being an English teacher grading on a curve. I want to be a GM. This is a game. Every member of the group will be treated equally in-game and I'll have no member of the group excluded, or feeling like their writing isn't "as good" as someone else's.  ;)

As a side note, I've been inspired to finalize the group's "Player Code of Conduct"...

Drake Valentine

As it was, was fairly simple. I feel if it gets any more complicated with all sorts of dice rolls, I might pass on it.

Zenkai

it will be again soon I hope!

I don't think the system as is needs additional complexity. 1 round=1 roll is fine with me - giving 3 or 4 sensible otptions out of some 10 for the player to choose, with those options evolving via experience. I believe that's about the right balance for most people interested in a system game.

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Relikai on July 13, 2016, 01:35:27 AM
Is this still open?

Open? Technically, yes. Active? Not really at the moment. Some players have been busy and others are waiting on me, I'm sure. I've been running myself into the ground at work, and trying to find time to put into this as well as my business project. So, the group is technically open to play at the moment. I imagine if there are any matches that are incomplete, they can simply be dropped. And new people can start them, I suppose.

Regarding the rules, I honestly have mixed thoughts on changing mechanics too much (Hence why my vote went to keeping things as they are for the most part). Nor do I want to add more complication to the mechanics. The only things I might add is Handicap (2 vs 1) and expanding the alignment system to be more as a reference to how they should be roleplaying (not just "If Good, No R/H... If Bad, Raep Time". But as it stands for now, the system itself works fine. I feel that it is a nice blend of depth and simplicity.

hamish1024

I'd like to register an interest in this. It's a promising setting; I've always thought fighting / wrestling leagues offer lots of RP potential though their mix of sport, showbusiness and seediness, and it looks like you've got a nice simple system to inform the action.
"Read you a story? What fun would that be? I've got a better idea: let's tell a story together."
Photopia (Adam Cadre)
Ons/Offs
Trillian ID - same as here

Twisted Crow

I should have never added more complexity to it. One of the things I plan on doing is removing the Aerial attacks and defense mechanic... as this seems like it could just be written adlib in place of a normal attack or grab (something you do to a stunned or grounded opponent). It was a good idea (high risk moves with high payoff), but it just doesnt seem to jive well. It adds more stats that players have to keep up with and I dont want that, really.

In exchange, I'm attempting a simple "Strip" system to take its place.

One of the things that my past tester, Aya and I realized was that things get less "exciting" once the R/H phase starts (because the dice stop rolling and the numbers take a backseat).

Again though, what I liked about the initial build of DWD before was its simplicity. Freeform had its place and system had its place. But it feels like when trying to do both, it pushes many out. People seem to like either one or the other. I'm still sticking to my guns on it. This game needs that element of surprise and unpredictability.

Progress on it is slower than I like because I have been testing it by myself lately. While testers are certainly wanted, I have been pushing to keep this system in a specific format. The challenge is real. :D

I appreciate the interest!

Twisted Crow

If I brought this back, rebuilt it and completed this (some help would be great)... would people come and be a part of it?

This is the question I am asking. This system, this game has always been my baby that I have struggled to "work right" as a living, breathing thing. I believe I was on to something before, and I have pondered for years on how to best optimize it for Elliquiy while including all of the features I desire for it.

So this is an official interest check, and possibly a call for some testers and fellow Elliers with some experience in GMing and/or system game familiarity.

I have had some rewarding experiences with a few system gamers here that have given me really brilliant ideas. So, I want to try to bring this back.

Oh, and please no character sheet posts here, yet. I need some work, and perhaps, some help with this. I might put a notice on the GM Corner and link it here.

Drake Valentine

I probably would.

I mean, this was like the only system game I enjoyed. (I mean, I still had this bookmarked after all that time.) Would take some time to get a refresher with.

Erm.. Sadly not sure how much help I would be as I am not great in system games themselves/this being again only one I played.

Hamadryad

I'd definitely play it! Don't know if I'd be much help making system crunch's tuff. Maybe good ideas though?

scribus1000

I've been away from Elliquiy for a very long time, all things considered, but to see a game coming back that I'd always kept bookmarked over the years (on top of something of my own that has yet to be completed), I would definitely pick things up again.

Polymorph

I'm more active here on E! Unlike the second time this was floated so I would be available to playtest a bout.

Faeli

I would probably play it, depending.  The issue I see with a lot of these is they get so rules-crunchy that the game never actually happens, and I wouldn't want to take a correspondence course to play a game :)

Hamadryad

Twisted Crow

I am working on an overhaul, now. So I wouldn't worry about refreshing oneself on the old system, just yet.

The idea at the moment:

Establish a simple, yet dynamic dice system that gives players some options:

- A basic Dice pool system that would allow players to adjust how much effort they want to put into attacking and defending. After talking to my system buddy here on it, I am sold on, at least, trying this out for testing purposes. It doesn't sound overly complex (the way we have it drawn up) but if it is too much in testing it, we can opt to imitate this with the simple D20 stuff we already have. Character fighting styles would be reflective on player playstyles. A character could go all out offense and be aggressive, fight conservatively or try to balance their offense and defense on the fly.

- Character stats will be streamlined to just 4 Core Stats, which provide bonus modifiers to the actions they govern. In theory, it would be straightforward: Striking would apply straight bonuses to strike totals, Grapple would apply to grabs and controlling holds, etc. I don't want players to have to worry too much about the situational algebra on this. I intend for it to be just (Total Roll + Stat) vs (Number to Succeed Action/Hit).

- Character Perks would change dice pool mechanics in a some simple way (could be die size in a pool, amount of dice, etc) when using that perk.

- At the start of each turn, players would choose how many dice to roll their defense. The rest would be used for their offensive effort.

- Possible fight actions: Strike/Grab/Strip/Charm(Distract).

Ideas that Aya and I had tossed around:

-'Super' or Special Moves that can build up and end a bout quickly. So that fights might not drag on longer than they have to.

-More opportunities and reward for freeform stuff. Doing social media promos and stints will provide rewards.

- Men and women would have certain advantages and disadvantages. The world's show was originally about exploiting women, as they were the "product" of the show. Men might have the deck stacked in their favor to use the women, however women would have more areas and potential to compete. One example is...

-The Date with Destiny tournament: 8-16 Women compete for a shot at a match for championship gold. Winners move up the brackets, losers get a "surprise visit" from male competitors (like Variable Geo Neo, if anyone has seen that). Champions get extra rewards (EXP, money, etc.), but makes them more of a target.

Women can be DWD champions, men can have something of an "Owner" status on women... including champions, which elevates their status as a Champion (by extension).

I am putting all of this and more to organize in my new world building thread.

Mind you, this is a lot of concept. The d20 option is still on the table if these new ideas won't work for some reason or another.

snowdrop

This sounds really interesting, I'm at the very least more than happy to test and play! ^_^

I guess my biggest concern personally with a system like this is that it can easily kind of boggle down to a long slog of just exchanging punches and rolling dice until one person eventually finally loses, while not really leaving much room for creativity in writing and describing the match. I would maybe myself try something that takes inspiration from the Fate system, with its Fate points.

Basically, something like this: you describe what you're trying to do, roll the appropriate dice and try to hit your target, and then if you *didn't* roll well enough, you can spend a number of your Fate points to either reroll or increase your total by a set amount. But in addition to using your Fate point, you need to describe what was the extra thing you did to give yourself the edge in that situation ("she initially missed my charge and landed face-first on the ground, but as the opponent closed in, she grabbed the steel chair next to her and used it as a weapon" or something). But of course Fate points are a limited resource, and maybe something you can be awarded from doing good promos, or spending your turn on hyping up the crowd instead of attacking, or something.

Similarly, I'd maybe have the characters have relatively few "hit points" (maybe as little as three good hits will take you down), but then you have the option to try to "heal" if you spend your turn on that instead of attacking (and succeed on a roll and/or spend Fate points, of course?)

I'm just rambling aloud though, I took a very cursory glance at the initial ruleset and I obviously don't know what kinds of changes you're already planning ^_^ In any case, I'll be happy to test out whatever, and the game idea itself sounds fun in any case!

Twisted Crow

The dice pool idea being worked on is meant to alleviate this some by making things much more dynamic. Thus, pushes people to improvise and stretch a bit while giving them more control over what they can write in those situations.

If I have 5 dice for an action and attack with 4 dice, I defend with only 1 on that turn. I can write this as something like a reckless series of attacks instead of just that "one" attack roll being one attack. If I do the opposite, it is easier to write a more conservative approach.

This is also why I wish to extend player actions and give practical "risk-reward" to them. A female character might try to showboat with a sexy taunt, giving her a chance to rile up the crowd and distract her opponent(s)... but risk being vulnerable if it doesn't quite work as planned. In writing, this affords opportunity to describe the scene and other actions besides just "She tries to kick him."

The problem with the past format is exactly what you described. Though writing still had beef to them, players seemed rather "confined" to describing their next offensive action.

I also want to do more for players to get involved in the world. I want social media and other promotional antics. Players to write up interviews and other freeform activities to push their character. Males building little harems, women trying to break free or even engage in them if they wanted. System and freeform sex, drama and excitement. Hence a major reason for this overhaul attempt. :-)

snowdrop

Capone

Reviving this thread to drop my interest, and perhaps the perspective of someone that loves writing combat in stories, but hates dealing with systems. I understand the need for it, though, having done enough stories throughout my lifetime of roleplaying that can best be described as "I shot you!" "Nuh uh, I had a deflector shield!" "My gun shoots lasers that break deflector shields!" "No it doesn't!"

So basically, despite knowing plenty of game systems and their myriad ways of resolving combat, I'm far more interested in providing feedback regarding how well the system works or how suffocating it may feel.

Reading the past few posts, you seem to emphasize rewarding freeform roleplaying outside of combat, but perhaps considering how rewarding the system itself is to freeform players could help.

Regardless, if this is still going on, tossing hat into ring.

Twisted Crow

This is something I haven't abandoned, as it has always been my baby. I haven't had a lot of time to work on it as much as I would like (it's been a rather stressful month for me), but... My goal is to blend "Approachable" with "Depth".  ;D

I might temporarily lock this at some point and float everything I am working on to GM's Corner... but that place is practically a wasteland on Elliquiy. Or just keep plugging away at my world-building thread when I have the juice for it. ^-^

Eobelle

Quote from: Dallas on April 16, 2019, 04:53:54 PM
The dice pool idea being worked on is meant to alleviate this some by making things much more dynamic. Thus, pushes people to improvise and stretch a bit while giving them more control over what they can write in those situations.

If I have 5 dice for an action and attack with 4 dice, I defend with only 1 on that turn. I can write this as something like a reckless series of attacks instead of just that "one" attack roll being one attack. If I do the opposite, it is easier to write a more conservative approach.

This is also why I wish to extend player actions and give practical "risk-reward" to them. A female character might try to showboat with a sexy taunt, giving her a chance to rile up the crowd and distract her opponent(s)... but risk being vulnerable if it doesn't quite work as planned. In writing, this affords opportunity to describe the scene and other actions besides just "She tries to kick him."

The problem with the past format is exactly what you described. Though writing still had beef to them, players seemed rather "confined" to describing their next offensive action.

I also want to do more for players to get involved in the world. I want social media and other promotional antics. Players to write up interviews and other freeform activities to push their character. Males building little harems, women trying to break free or even engage in them if they wanted. System and freeform sex, drama and excitement. Hence a major reason for this overhaul attempt. :-)

I am interested in this thing.

I am especially interested in this thing because of the proposed move away from a traditional d20 combat system, which can get super tedious.

Think about this, perhaps

a few stat dice pools and one style dice pool

The stat dice pools represent your characters basic attributes.  like physical strength, fight I.Q., stamina, dexterity etc.  The players give each one a name that describe how they are applicable to the scene.  The style pool is named by a description the tactics the character would normally use in the match, like High-flyer, Power grappler, Kick artist, Ferocious submissions, slippery devil, Seductive counter-puncher etc.

Let's say each player has 3 of these dice pools.  At the beginning of each round, the players BOTH split up the style pool amongst the stat pools and roll them.  each die has a number that at or above is a success.  The number of successes for each pool (stat+style points assigned to that stat) is a success.

Then the pools are compared to each other, highest to highest, mid to mid then lowest to lowest.  this gives a basic structure to what happens in that round of the match. Each one gives an idea of what happens during a certain beat of that round.  if one stat is higher than the other, then something like the comparison of those two stats happens in the match, keeping the two styles of the characters in mind.  If the pool are equal than there is a stand-off between those two stats

if one player wins ors of these clashes than the other they win the round, and the loser reduces their style pool by 1.  If there is a tie then no one's pool is reduced.

If a player's style pool drops to zero they are defeated.

Example:

Cyberella the cyborg nightmare is facing off against Cherry Ba-bomb!!!

Cyberella has the stats:
Rapacious Protocols: 3
Wired Reflexes: 2
Muscles ex Machina: 5

And the style: Carnival of Carnage: 9

Elsa has the stats:
Explosive Aerials: 4
Pussy Flash! Aaaaaaaa! It'll save everyone of us!: 5
Flexible Everything: 5

And the style: Risque Business: 5

Sample round:

Cyberella decides to go on the offensive, as she wants to pound this bitch with her cyborg cock ASAP.  She decides to sluff one stat to increase the chances of winning this round with the and snowballing Cherry's already low Style pool into the ground. this is dangerous becase she is giving up one of the three comparisons, which mean she MUST win the other two.  She declares the following:

Rapacious Protocols: 9
Wired Reflexes: 2
Muscles ex Machina: 8

She now rolls these pools and scores

Rapacious Protocols: 3 successes
Wired Reflexes: 1 success
Muscles ex Machina: 4 successes

Cherry is much more cautious.  Her higher stats means that she has an advantage across the board and her totals stay higher if she starts to lose, but she can't lose than many rounds. She declares:

Explosive Aerials: 7
Pussy Flash! Aaaaaaaa! It'll save everyone of us!: 6
Flexible Everything: 6

Now dicepools are rolled

Explosive Aerials: 1 success
Pussy Flash! Aaaaaaaa! It'll save everyone of us!: 1 success
Flexible Everything: 2 successes

OOF!  It looks like Cherry is having a rough start.  Lets match up highest to lowest and see what that means for the fiction.

Muscles ex Machina: 4 successes > Flexible Everything: 2 successes
Rapacious Protocols: 3 successes > Pussy Flash! Aaaaaaaa! It'll save everyone of us!: 1 success
Wired Reflexes: 1 success = Explosive Aerials: 1 success

Cherry loses one from the style pool, which is now 4

It looks like something is going to happen where Cyberella takes advantage of Cherry's flexibility with her cyborg strength, her ability or desire to rape (probably with the metal cock in her description) defeats Cherry's exhibition of her body to distract the metal monster, and Cherry's extreme agility is nullified but not defeated.

Cyberella, as the winner, has fist dibs on writing this scene, but is in the middle of finals, so her player asks Cherry's player to write this round.

Cherry takes the beats into consideration about how the bell goes off and Cherry is off in a flash, feinting to one side, then leaping to the other side in a no-hands cart wheel, her in a full split as she is inverted, her microskirt showing everyone, including her opponent her fresh young pussy.  But Cyberella is no fools, and the feint is caught be her body posture anaytics.  Her rape protocols further parse the data and refine what the action with the most success is as the young woman's bare pussy comes into sight.  Like lightning her metal arms reach out as the "bomb squad ballerina" tries to get behind her and grab both of her ankles, instantly arresting Cherry Ba-Bomb's movement and slamming her down on her shoulders.  Cherry screams as the metal cock soon follows into her tight cunt. 

Note that there is no mechanical penalty for Cherry for being pinned and fucked.  In fact Cherry's player could have won the round, and still decided that her character ended up slammed on the ground and fucked if the beats lead her to that conclusion.  The winner always gets first dibs on how to interpret the round, but if they choose to let the other player write the fiction, that player gets to interpret it as the please.

IDK, that was all off the top of my head/spur of the moment, and I apologize for typing errors etc.   but I think that might work better than a WWE Heat/stamina/accuracy/etc. style game. 

Eobelle

Oh and as a caveat, there should be a "referee" for each game.  this person isn't a GM, what they do is receive messages from the players as to what their declarations are for a round, so it stays secret.  Then they roll the dice pools and posts the results to the OOC page. So the players can write the fiction of that round.

Twisted Crow

I am afraid I'm already set in what I have implemented. While I do appreciate the suggestion, a lot of this wouldn't be a good 'fit'... for multiple reasons. Chiefly, it would be an obtrusive infrastructure for a group roleplay like this. A few in-depth reasons (among many) would be...

1. I wouldn't find any enjoyment at all in a scheme like that for this game. Sorry, but I just wouldn't.  :-\

2. Nobody would be willing to do the referee thing for very long (when this given medium for role-playing is kept in mind). I mean, I wouldn't want to do this at all if I were a player. People lose track of PMs all the time. I would know, I am one of many. As there are others that PM them for things all the time on Elliquiy (solo role-play pitches, staff disciplinary nudges, plot discussion for ongoing role-plays, general chit-chat, etc.). One 'lost' PM stops the entire party in a scenario like that (that is, if I am understanding it right). The only alternative is off-site messaging systems, such as Discord. While I have and use Discord, not everyone does. To have this as a prerequisite would only limit possible players all while system games are already niche (and nigh-impossible to sell) on Elliquiy as it is.

3. Third, the referee proxy would absolutely throttle the pace down for all players involved. If it is just two people soloing in an "arena/match" thread, the pace can go as long the actual players are available to keep it going until it is concluded. However, if you add an arbitrary third wheel, role-playing stops entirely once the referee is unavailable... even if they are just calling it a night. This would further choke the pace of the game considerably. There are many instances of potential chaos that this could cause where it just wouldn't be tenable. Not for DWD, anyway. The PM 'Officiating' idea sounds feasible until one evaluates everything that can go wrong with it. Not to mention, it is more fitting for a wrestling RP. Date with Destiny is not limited just to pro-wrestling gimmicks. This is somewhat closer to something more like Dead or Alive or Street Fighter, where all sorts of fighters are on the scene, not just pro-wrestlers.

4. I don't want my OOC chat flooded that stuff. I want OOC to focus more on player interaction within the group, not carrying the burden of a combat log. Can you imagine trying to ask other players for matches (or some other character interaction) and have it be drowned in a bunch of constant "Christy rolls X, John rolls Y. So-and-so wins round Z..." everywhere? It would be distracting for me when trying to interact with other players and... chances are, there are people I know that would likely feel the same way. Not to mention, I am sure it would also be tedious to have to actually fish around through OOC (and every time) so that they have to reference these results. It risks too much of the natural flow in the game being stagnated by the sort of infrastructure being proposed, here.

QuoteEdit: ALTHOUGH, speaking of referees and officiating... you have given me an interesting idea for something else I could work in the system later.  ^-^

5. Finally, I'd rather not drastically change the flow or pace of the system I have been putting in place (and certainly no more than I already have in the past).

So, while I do appreciate the suggestion... I am afraid I'm going to have to pass on turning my game into (at that point, it would essentially be) Shadowrun. I love Shadowrun's world, but I find it's system wouldn't be ideal at all for this game's intended pace. My "d20-3E lite homebrew" scheme, at least, didn't bog the game down too much. However, something like this most definitely would, unfortunately.

But I am still leaning on a dice pool system mixed with what I already had in place before.