DWD Arena! - Fighting & Sex Sports Entertainment (Interest Check + "BETA")

Started by Twisted Crow, May 22, 2015, 05:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

Date with Destiny

Content: Live Fighting/Sports Entertainment, "Reality" TV, Non-Con/Semi-Con (Or Dubious Consent), Homebrew System + Freeform Roleplaying Hybrid

**Testers Needed**
**Being Redesigned**

Notice: If you are interested, please let me know on here. Questions or discussion regarding Date With Destiny can be made by sending me a PM, discussing it with me on Skype chat -- since this thread and game is now being re-opened... again. This system was always my baby on Elliquiy, but I want to rework it for a nice blend of depth, simplicity and mixed opportunity for quick action and roleplaying. I also want to fully integrate a pure freeform interface outside of matches (a Social Media aspect, a Interview/Promos section and other areas for freeform outside of career fights. I also want to incorperate the same basic system elements for the sexual aspects of the game. A lot of this right now is outdated, but I am mainly wanting to pop the big question here:

If I brought this back, rebuilt it and completed this (some help would be great)... would people come and be a part of it?

Some dated stuff to update, but keeping for now as a reference.

5/30/16 - What I am working on RIGHT NOW with DWD
Putting this back on the map with an Interest Check. And there is an announcement that I'm re-working the game setting and some mechanics. The goal is not to make another "wrasslin game", although... it's similar to Pro Wrestling but not quite wrestling. This is more like Dead or Alive (or Best of the Best) meets reality TV in a cheeky, yet unforgiving show.

Things I want to expand on:

- Setting & Story: Long story short, Aya gave me a few ideas on how to flesh out DWD's setting and certain NPCs a while back (prior to my hiatus). These are some things that I'd like to work in that give the show and setting story hooks. To be specific on one: A drug that basically increases sexual drive and endurance (like by a lot). The fact that it isn't technically legal, but allowed gives the management a bit more of a "crooked connections" hook and could add a bit of drama and craziness outside of the fights themselves. Honestly, it made me think on Simon North in a whole new light. There will still be stories within character rivalries and actual in-ring drama, but I feel like this adds a cherry on top of things. Similarly, there is more to write on how the show prevents female competitors from conceiving as a result of a match outcome and more World and Show Lore for me to touch on now that I've been inspired on this.

- Streamlining some things, but adding a "Strip Clothes Action" feature (partly borrowing this from another game idea I'm working on).

- The game's action (both fighting and sex) might also "bend" realism (and physics) a bit more than it did in the past. We aren't talking Hadoukens and Sonic Booms (Street Fighter) or The Matrix sort of stuff. Instead, something more like Dead or Alive sort of action. Something that would need a bit of suspension of disbelief, but not much. These are supposed to be super-skilled athletes nearly bordering on superhuman, so I'm thinking of adding a few things to make them feel like they are.

- The possibility of including mixed handicap matches (2 on 1 action).

- Adding more optional stakes to fights where new sorts of scenes could be involved. One such example is a "Wager/Bet" type of stipulation: "Loser comes with me to X, bringing/wearing only Y," etc.

- Yes! I want to add a money/wage system where player characters can actually buy things (or even place wagers in their own fights, perhaps). They should be getting paid, and adding this as an incentive for players is a no-brainer to me. These things to purchase should be practical to encourage players to make money, by winning... or at least participating in matches.

- A rework of how characters receive experience and gain levels.

- More options for O/O flexibility.

- A rewards system to encourage activity, as well as encourage roleplaying O/O compatibility with other partners.

- A basic "Hardcore Finisher" option that somewhat ups the ante and smooth the transition from the Fight to R/H (sex) to be more seamless and more "in your face" with it.

- A rework, expansion (and simplifying) of character alignments and motivation. One example would be a new "Exhibitionist" alignment, that somewhat craves R/H... either being on the giving or receiving end of it. I am thinking of making this more of a roleplaying reference and less of an actual game mechanic.

- There is also more but, I can't quite remember all of it. I've been writing these things down and I feel like I need a nap from this multitasking that I've been doing. ::)

Player Rules of Conduct (Please Read)

PLAYER RULES OF CONDUCT

By joining this group game, you are expected to honor these simple rules. Most of which is basically following Elliquiy's Rules anyway:

1. Respect Fellow Players, Respect Your GM(s) - You are expected to treat other players and the GM(s) with respect, no different than you are expected to behave on the rest of Elliquiy. There will be absolutely zero drama out of game. Players that are causing problems, throwing fits, harassing players or the like will be politely asked to leave the group. We are all adults, so let's please act like it and have fun.

2. This is a Game with Non-Con - There are Non-Con (& Semi-Con, etc.) sexual elements and scenes present in Date with Destiny. Considering that this is part of the point of the game, please do not join with the expectation of this not being present.

3. Dicebot Use & Cheating: All system aspects in Date with Destiny will use Elliquiy's Dicebot. Any rolls made are expected to be linked if they are successful rolls. Failed rolls can simply have the written result (i.e., 'Attack Roll: 2, Miss!'). While players can choose to "trust" each other on an honor system, it is generally expected to link significant dice rolls to set a good example and practice. Cheating (if somehow made an issue) will be dealt with in a way that the lead GM sees fit. This may even lead to being asked to leave. We are on a trust system and the roleplaying, action, writing and fun is what is most important here. So seriously, just link successful dice rolls within action posts.

4. Posting Content & Format: Date with Destiny is not going to radically enforce post length or formats. However, the general expectation is that posts are reasonable for the situation (fight posts and social media "tweets" can be as short as a few sentences, while interviews, intros, promos and mock "Magazine articles" can be several paragraphs long). This is mostly a common sense thing. It is one thing to politely ask partners to tweak things a bit to help you work something of your own in there, it's another thing to be a grammar Nazi or bash writing styles. As far as formats go, I am not going to be super-strict. As long as important information is displayed and it is legible, then I probably won't care how you format your posts.

5 Post Frequency: While Date with Destiny is designed to be flexible for those that are busy, a reasonable post frequency is expected if characters are currently in a fight. Due to the fact that DWD is currently a small group, there are only so many "Arena Spots" for other players to participate in. These rooms will grow as more players join. Occasional activity outside of fights can be done at any Player's pace. However, please try to see fights to their conclusion over a reasonable time period.

6. OOC Chat: Please keep OOC talk in the OOC Thread when at all possible. Breaking this isn't quite so serious, but please use the OOC thread for this kind of stuff.

7. Participation is Desired: Please engage and participate with other players. Do not exclude anyone that has been approved into the game. Having people you like to play with is fine, having a rivalry/story you want to continue is fine. But do not exclude others. This is still a group game.

7. Communicate, Please Don't Just 'Flake': Please. Please keep people in the know. We don't have to know all of your personal business and we don't have to know why you need a break. But please just take a minute to let a GM (and your partners) know that you are stepping away (either for good or temporarily) so that I know what to do with your characters and any current RP segments that they may be involved in. "Flaking" can really slow and bog the flow of the game, considering that it puts everyone in this unnecessary moment of pause. Just let us know that you're leaving or taking a break and things will be dealt with accordingly. It's really no big deal, just don't leave us in the dark. :-)

Game Thread Links:

The DWD Ruleset, World and Character Creation Help
Direct Link to the Fight System

Match-Making & OOC
Roster (GM Posts Only)
DWD Media (Social Media/Interviews/etc.)
Lifestyles (Out of Match Life RP)
Career Match Slot #1
  Being Booked... maybe
Career Match Slot #2 - Open!
Career Match Slot #3 -Open!
Sparring Room #1 - Open!
Sparring Room #2 - Open!

Many join and enter the shining 'Date with Destiny' arena with their own pent up ambitions... What are yours?

Character Sheets

TC's Blank Character Sheet (Appearance)

Character Name (Include a full name)

[Appearance Pics optional here or near the bottom, just above 'Special Details'. Please include these in spoiler tags if they mess with the character sheet (like if they are too enormous). Thank you!]

Sex:
Orientation:
HT:
Build:
Ethnicity:
Hair:
Eyes:

STATS

Level:
XP:
Aspect:

Fighting Style:

Fight Record(0 Matches)

W: 0
L: 0
D: 0

Stamina:
Climax:

Initiative :
Accuracy:
Defense:

Striking:
Grab/Submission:
Throw Power:
Sex:

Special Details/Bio:

(This is where you can describe your character physically. If he or she has any distinguishing features. You can also describe their personality and background. Why did they join Date with Destiny? What are their ambitions? What do they hope to achieve?)

Traits:

(Traits are available at 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th level!)

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

Character Sheet Code (Just Select, Copy + Paste!)

[b]Character Name[/b] (Include a Full Name, nicknames can be added optionally)

[Appearance Pics optional here or near the bottom, just above 'Special Details'. Please include these in spoiler tags if they are gigantic. Thank you!]

[b]Sex[/b]:
[b]HT[/b]:
[b]Build[/b]:
[b]Ethnicity[/b]:
[b]From[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:

[i]STATS[/i]

[b]Level[/b]:
[b]XP[/b]:
[b]Aspect[/b]:

[b]Fighting Style[/b]:

[spoiler=Fight Record (0 Matches)]
[b]W[/b]: 0
[b]L[/b]: 0
[b]D[/b]: 0
[/spoiler]

[b]Stamina[/b]:
[b]Climax[/b]:

[b]Initiative[/b] :
[b]Accuracy[/b]:
[b]Defense[/b]:

[b]Striking[/b]:
[b]Grab/Submission[/b]:
[b]Throw Power[/b]:
[b]Sex[/b]:

[b]Special Details/Bio[/b]:

([i]This is where you can describe your character physically. If he or she has any distinguishing features. You can also describe their personality and background. Why did they join Date with Destiny? What are their ambitions? What do they hope to achieve?[/i])

[b]Traits[/b]:

([I]Traits are available at 2nd, 4th, 6th & 8th level![/I])

[i]1st[/i]:
[i]2nd[/i]:
[i]3rd[/i]:
[i]4th[/i]:

Aya's Character Sheet Code (Just Copy & Paste)

[center]
[font=times new roman][size=24pt]*Name Here*[/size][/font]

[b]Sex: [/b]
[b]Orientation: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Build: [/b]
[b]Ethnicity: [/b]
[b]From: [/b]
[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes: [/b]

[i]Stats[/i]
[b]Level: [/b]1
[b]XP: [/b]0
[b]Aspect: [/b]

[b]Fighting Style [/b]
(Notes here.)

[b]Fight Record[/b]:
0-0-0 (0)*

*(W-L-D (Total Matches)

[b]Stamina: [/b]20
[b]Climax: [/b]20

[b]Initiative: [/b]0
[b]Defense: [/b]0

[b]Striking: [/b]0
[b]Submission: [/b]0
[b]Throw Power: [/b]0
[b]Sex: [/b]0

[b]Special Details/Notes/Bio[/b]:

[center][img height=150]*image link 1*[/img][img height=150]*image link 2*[/img][img height=150]*image link 3*[/img][img height=150]*image link 4*[/img][/center]

"Queen" Character Sheet Appearance

*Name Here*

Sex:
Orientation:
Height:
Build:
Ethnicity:
Hair:
Eyes:

Stats
Level: 1
XP: 0
Aspect:

Fighting Style
Notes here.

Stamina: 20
Climax: 20

Initiative: 0
Defense: 0

Striking: 0
Submission: 0
Throw Power: 0
Sex: 0

Special Details/Notes/Bio:

Example 1st-Level Character (Reference)

Kiki Yagami

Appearance (Although this is actually a Korean babe, I think)

Sex: Female
HT: 5'4
Build: Model
Ethnicity: Asian (Japanese)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

STATS

Aspect: Career-Driven

Fighting Style: Judo mixed with Karate

Fight Record: 0-0-0 (0)
Or you can use these alternate Record Brackets, instead

(0 Career Matches)

Stamina: 24

Initiative : 3
Accuracy: 3
Defense: 4

Striking: 3
Grab/Submission: 2
Throw Power: 3
Sex: 2

Special Details/Bios: [This is where you normally describe physical features and character background. This is a test character. But its open for someone to play and alter it if interested. Just saying, but its definitely one I'd like to see.]

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

DWD Experience Level Chart

Level|XP (Total)|Traits
1|0|----
2|50|1st Trait
3|150|----
4|300|2nd Trait
5|500|----
6|750|3rd Trait
7|1,050|----
8|1,400|4th Trait
9|1800|----
10|2,250|----

Experience Rewards & Penalties

Match Result|Base Awarded Experience
Win the Match|75 XP
Lose the Match|50 XP
Win a Sparring Round*|40 XP
Lose a Sparring Round*|30 XP
Achievements/Events*|Bonus/Penalized XP
R/H Victim|+15 XP
Class Act Charity|+30 XP
Ruthless Finish|+20 XP
Flee/Forfeit the Match|-20 XP
Dishonorable Act (Class-Act)|-25 XP
No R/H Finish (Ruthless)|-15 XP
*Additional rewards/penalties (anything under 'Achievements/Events') do not apply to Training Matches. R/H Finishes are not rewarded (primarily because they are not allowed). The Class Act does not receive their usual Charity Bonus, either. The only XP Bonus that can be gained in a Training Match is if a Fighter has a Trait associated with it.

Note on Pictures in Character Sheets: You can also put pictures in the bottom, as long as all the information is here and it is legible, I don't mind if people customize their character sheets a bit. Please include pictures in a spoiler tag if they are really big or if there are multiple pictures for one character. This helps save me time when scrolling. ;)

Here are the common match options available! A Handicap match feature is in the works but its going to need testing. For right now though... this is what fighters can do. I am also open to more ideas on this, too.

Match Stipulations
Before every fight begins, both participants must agree to the stipulations (via PMs or on the board). They must both agree to (currently) one of three Match stipulations (or a test round):

Sparring/Training: Sometimes fighters need to keep their skills sharp before getting into the ring for real. This is what practice is all about. R/H Finishes are not allowed and Charity Bonuses do not apply. Light R/H moves are still allowed during the match (groping, rubbing, etc). Training or sparring rounds receive a smaller base XP reward and they do not count toward a fighter's career record. However these are events that take place for both characters (so roleplay it, in other words). No additional bonuses can be applied to training matches unless a trait specifically allows it. A player character only has time for one (1) training/sparring round in their schedule before having to fight in a career match.

Win or Lose (Career): These are sometimes meant to stuff the Match Card in the business. No Rape/Humiliation Finishes are allowed. "Light" R/H Moves (groping, rubbing, etc) are still allowed, though. Because of this stipulation, Class Acts cannot receive Bonus XP for Charity and Ruthless fighters cannot receive their bonus because R/H is restricted. The difference between this and training/sparring is that it is still a Career Match, so full base XP rewards are given. The only XP penalty that applies is if one flees the Match and exits the ring or disqualifies themselves through another way.

No Limits (Career): What fans pay to see and the example of a "true" DWD fight night. R/H Finishes are fair game and Charity Bonuses apply. Base XP rewards are granted along with any modifiers that apply with the match result and aftermath. The only rule that applies is that there is no biting that draws blood (in any situation).

Test Round (PMs Onlyl): This is a special OOC option for players that want to get a grasp or feel for the system. If two players wish to test out their characters without worrying too much about roleplay or just so they don't feel overwhelmed, they can have test rounds (in PMs). These work exactly the same way as Training/Sparring, except no XP is gained at all. Since it is largely OOC, this is optionally treated as an event that "didn't happen" in DWD. If doing a special Round, play with someone that knows the system well and include me in looking over the match as it unfolds. This is so that I can correct any mistakes or answer any questions based on what is happening.

Polymorph

Twisted Crow

First 12 Officially Joined & Contributing Testers

1. Mora (Approved)
2. Vercile (Approved)
3. Polymorph (Approved)
4. Yuki92 (Approved)
5. Drake Valentine (Approved)

Active & Contibuting Testers (Treated as Being on this List Anyway):

- Aya (Approved)
- Praxis (Approved)

GMs

-Twisted Crow (2 Characters, Currently)

Twisted Crow

Character Creation has been added for applying testers (and hopefully future players), please see the last post in the thread as of this edit. ;-)

Quote from: Twisted Crow on June 07, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
I think I am ready for character sheets to start, but I need testers mostly. About a 2-5 overall limit at the moment, preferably split in gender (both writers and characters would be neat for perspective and ideas for the system and concept). I could only limit one character to a player during the testing phase. I don't think I will make more radical adjustments, the remaining 10 to 15% of what I need left for inevitable tweaks to the system and character sheets.

So in short my target group at the moment to test would consist of:

*1-3 male characters
*1-3 female characters
*If I played or not, I'd also have to "referee" the test matches just to make sure the system was understood and watch for various issues.
*Since the domination feature (double/triple critical hold checks thing) is not finished, treat them as standard holds at 20 hold strength for now.
*Stop and revise as needed.

It is important to note that in the case of Lieges, it doesn't really matter and this "experiment of perspective" doesn't apply. As long as they can write one gender or the other, it doesn't much matter. Same for any mono-gendered writer. It's not a requirement, but it would be nice to have some diverse perspective on balance, writing style and concept brainstorming, etc.

Twisted Crow

A new thread has been made to take the place of the old one. Now less cluttered and with "easy-access" to rules, tweaks, world lore, game information and yes... the character sheet. You are more than welcome to check out what we have accomplished! :D

There is spot for one more tester at the moment, and I am about to open this up for players entirely. Still, any interest is appreciated. If you have any questions, comments or other feedback on the system... you are more than welcome to drop us a message in here or discuss the game. I am bookmarking and checking this thread regularly now. :-)

We are now about 90% complete with the game!

I also now have a fully-functioning PC... so I am almost ready to kick this into high gear. ;)

Twisted Crow

Mora

Twisted Crow

Yay! We are growing, after all. Hehe. With Polymorph (if still interested), you and the other testers.... this makes six so far! People can go ahead and apply with a character sheet or just declare interest and shoot me a PM.

Twisted Crow

An example character:

Example 1st-Level Character (Reference)

CHARACTER CREATION

Kiki Yagami

Appearance (Although this is actually a Korean babe, I think)

HT: 5'4
Build: Model
Ethnicity: Asian (Japanese)

STATS

Fighting Style: Judo mixed with Karate

Record: 0-0-0 (0)
Or you can use these alternate Record Brackets, instead ;)

(0 Career Matches)

Accuracy: 3

Grab/Submission: 2

Special Details: [This is where you normally describe physical features and character background. This a test character. But its open for someone to play it if interested. Definitely one I'd like to see.]

You can also put pictures in the bottom, as long as all the information is here and it is legible, I don't mind if people customize their character sheets a bit. Please include pictures in a spoiler tag if they are really big or if there are multiple pictures for one character. This helps save me time when scrolling. ;)

Mora

Monty Rallagus (Nickname: Mora)

Appearance
http://rs1313.pbsrc.com/albums/t549/steelfisthold/BlackHairedThralls_zps2eb17a68.jpg~320x480
Sex: Male
Orientation: Bisexual
HT: 5'9
Build: Slender with lean muscle
Ethnicity: White/Caucasian
Hair: Jet black, medium length and neatly combed to the left
Eyes: Dark blue

STATS

Aspect: Class-Act
Fighting Style:

(0 Career Matches)

Stamina: 25
Climax: 25

Accuracy: 0
Defense: 3

Striking: 5
Grab/Submission: 3

Special Details:

Throughout Mora's whole youth, he was the nerd that the jocks and bullies ganged up on. 90% of the time he would get home with a black eye or broken nose and that was on a good day. This was his motivation to enter the ring, to prove, if only to himself, that he was now capable of holding his own in a fight.

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

Twisted Crow

-About to add a formal roster, containing all of the character sheets in a list (organized by spoiler tags).

-I also put up the two simple Experience Level Chart & Rewards Chart. This can be accessed in the rules thread under "Tools, Charts & Quick References" (Post #5 in that thread).

Experience & Rewards Charts

Level & Experience Point (XP) Table
center]
Level|XP (Total)|Traits
1|0|----
2|50|1st Trait
3|150|----
4|300|2nd Trait
5|500|----
6|750|3rd Trait
7|1,050|----
8|1,400|4th Trait
9|1800|----
10|2,250|----

Experience Rewards & Penalties

Match Result|Base Awarded Experience
Win the Match|75 XP
Lose the Match|50 XP
Win a Training Match*|40 XP
Lose a Training Match*|30 XP
Achievements/Events*|Bonus/Penalized XP
R/H Victim|+15 XP
Class Act Charity|+30 XP
Ruthless Finish|+20 XP
Flee/Forfeit the Match|-20 XP
Dishonorable Act (Class-Act)|-25 XP
No R/H Finish (Ruthless)|-15 XP
*Additional rewards/penalties (anything under 'Achievements/Events') do not apply to Training Matches. R/H Finishes are not rewarded (primarily because they are not allowed). The Class Act does not receive their usual Charity Bonus, either. The only XP Bonus that can be gained in a Training Match is if a Fighter has a Trait associated with it.

-I completely went through the system rules and updated them to what we finalized during testing. Holds/Grabs are more legible and less confusing. Throws are tweaked slightly (description of how they work). Pretty much everything there is consistent and have less room for confusion. There is more to it, but those we the highlight ones that were cleaned up. Please let me know in here if there is something not quite right in system details.

-Added the 'First Attack!' trait. There are any more traits to come. People can also suggest traits, but they will likely be adjusted to fit the system.

-Set a secret bonus in mind for the first 12 people that join. You will find out in a PM once you apply and get a character sheet up. :P

-Adding juicy pictures to the rulebook thread for flavor. Also added a reference pic to an arena that I liked the look of on the first post in this thread. ;)

As always, more to come! Still open and recruiting, folks! I feel like we can get started with at least 8 people.

Edit: My secret tester has given me another character sheet code, so that you can copy and paste it and plug information in. It can also be customized if there is something about it that doesn't suit you. ;)

Twisted Crow

[Edit]

I'm very happy to see this character returning for the final and finished product. Welcome back, Vercile!. ;)

Mora

I actually wouldn't mind a practice round :) I think I get it mostly But this WILL be my first system game to be honest.

Twisted Crow

I can answer any questions one might have (or run anyone through a practice round when I'm not cleaning/jazzing up either thread). The tester that I've been primarily working the mechanics with also knows the game pretty well. She's likely submitting a character soon and can also help teach anyone the system. It's designed to be simple at 1st level and add just a tiny bit more as your character grows. By the time you get a few traits, you are likely to still know the character like the back of your hand. For the most part I kept it simple for this reason, I wanted a happy medium between people that like systems and those who never played one before. ;)

I'd be fine with players taking a few practice sessions to see how the mechanics work. :D

One note though is that I don't want people adding XP yet until we have a decent amount of people to mix things up.

Mora

That's understandable. And the rules do seem simple :) I would just like a practice round to make sure I know what I'm doing lol

Twisted Crow

Provided that Vercile doesn't beat me to the punch, I don't mind going over a practice round with an NPC over PMs or Posts. Just putting it out there. I'm also interested in seeing others try it out besides those in the test team when it was being finished. :D

The cool part about this system is that when you get the hang of it, you can actually do two or more matches at once if desired. ;)

Praxis

Submitted for approval...

Name: Nathan “King”  Fisher
Orientation: Hetero.
HT: 6’3”
Build: Sleek, muscular but with build similar to that of a swimmer or climber.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue

STATS

Aspect: Career Driven

Fighting Style: Moderation – Pure MMA – Capable of striking or submissions but favours submission holds and locks
Record:

Stamina: 22
Climax: 25

Initiative (d20 + points): 3
Offense (d20 + points): 3
Defense (static/roll + points): 5

Striking (points): 3
Submission (points): 5
Throw Power (points): 4

Pictures:

Polymorph

Resurrecting my old character from the first trial of this for approval:

Galilahi Tayanita (Pretty Little Beaver)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

HT: 5' 7"
Build: Athletic
Ethnicity: Native American (Cherokee)

STATS

Aspect: Ruthless

Fighting Style: Brawler

Alternate Brackets;)

(0 Career Matches)

Initiative : 4
Accuracy: 4

Throw Power: 2
Sex: 1

Special Details:

Always a troubled child Galilahi served a couple of short terms in juvenile detention for petty crimes as a teenager. Though she dated a few boys she soon realised that she much preferred girls and that she was naturally inclined to be dominant and butch in such relationships. Galilahi began her wrestling career in the all female Angels of Wrestling division. Her brutal trailer park style of brawling soon placed her firmly as a heel the fans loved to hate. Though the AoW division was far tamer than the DwD she would seize any opportunity she got to pull off risque moves such as crotch grabs and nipple holds to get the fans both cheering or booing. When the AoW league was bought out by the DwD her initial reaction was to quit, her sexual orientation making her disinclined to fight in a mixed sex wrestling division. Her manager spent many hours talking the bad girl of wrestling around and finally convinced her to remain on the roster. Win or lose she was told the fans would love to see the tough girl with her expressed preference for females face up to male opponents.

Traits:

1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:

aya

Park Yura
Orientation: Heterosexual
Height: 5'3
Build: Petite
Ethnicity: Korean
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Hazel

Stats

Fighting Style
Versatile; Elusive.

Stamina: 30

Initiative: 0
Accuracy: 5
Defense: 5

Submission: 0
Sex: 0

Special Details/Notes/Bio:
Unavailable

Traits:
None

Twisted Crow

Polymorph and Aya, you both look fine.

Praxis, we took the starting character points down to 25. Forgot to mention that after testing, though it is in the updated rules. It looks like you are just over that total by 5. Let me know when that's fixed and I'll give it a look. ;) Edit: You are also missing the Sex stat, just underneath Throw Power. Something else Aya & I added in after two more tests.

Considering adding a small bonus for people that can add a bit of backstory to their character (a tiny bit of bio), this is for everyone. Including those that receive the "early-joining" bonus for helping me start the game. I'm going to finalize bonuses after I put up the fixed roster. For now, I'm going to wait on this and give people time to join and finalize their characters.

CURRENT MATCH TYPES:

At the moment there are three match types, so far:

Practice Match: This is basically identical to a training match except without any rewards applied. This match "didn't happen" in the story. This is just for players that want to get the hang of the system. R/H Moves are available, R/H Finishes (the freeform NC after a match) are not available. Since this is for testing and practicing the understanding of the system, you can have as many practice matches as you want. These do not count toward a character's Win/Loss record.

Training Match: As above, except you have a small reward according to the XP Rewards chart. You get experience for winning and losing, but that is it. There are no other bonuses, just straight XP for win/loss. As above, R/H moves during the match are available, R/H Finishes are not (as they are not allowed in Training anyway). As above, these do not count toward a character's win loss record. For now, I'm limiting Training Matches to 1 before each Career Fight. Players do not have to participate in Training Matches, but they can do one before every Career Match if they can find a partner.

Career Match: This is a normal match in front of a live audience and everything is fair game. You gain experience for winning and losing as well as bonuses and penalties that apply. R/H Moves & Finishes are both allowed. These matches count toward the character's Win/Loss record.

Other things going on:

-I'm creating my mainstay level 1 character, as well as an NPC or two. There needs to be a champion and one or two other weak characters for others to train with if they can't find a training partner.

-Hopefully the roster list encourages some diversity among genders and Aspects. So far, its looking pretty good. ;)

Twisted Crow

Added a key NPC below, along with news that we now have 24 traits that can be found in the other thread. Some have been changed and about 10 were added. Look at them if you want to consider your build or if you have ideas on your own traits (PM them).

Also, I have finally finished the full match rules update. Explained in the thread are Match Stipulations, How Initiative Works, and the Full Breakdown of the Non Con system. These are easily found with NEW! beside them.

You can find all of this by clicking this link.

Jake "The Hammer" Marsden
NPC, DWD Champion

Appearance

HT: 6'3
Build: Bulky, Ripped
Hair: Blonde, buzz cut
Eyes: Blue, dark

STATS

Level: 7
XP: 1,080
Aspect: Ruthless

Fighting Style: Dirty Boxing (former World Heavyweight Boxing Champion)

Fight Record (10)

W: 9
D: 1
(Training: 8)

STATS

Stamina: 55 (max. 70)
Climax: 34

Initiative : 4
Accuracy: 7
Defense: 8

Striking: 7 (max. 11)
Grab/Submission: 5
Throw Power: 4
Sex: 5

Special Details:

After the scandal involving him in the Sara Mayfield rape trial, the brutal Jake Marsden was stripped of his heavyweight title and banned from World Championship Boxing. Word quickly got around that he personally recieved a phone call from Simon North, himself. The CEO of Date with Destiny wasted no time in adding this powerhouse star to the roster after already buying out the now defunct Angels of Wrestling brand. Between this ruthless (and controversial) ex-boxing champion and a wide list of female competitors, there is bound to be even more fans in the seats. Simon North officially created a Championship Title and pitted Marsden against his top star, Alex Graham in a match -- with both the belt and their careers at stake. Once the aged Alex Graham was annihilated, he was fired and Jake Marsden became the first Date with Destiny Champion. Simon then ruled that those who wish to become champion must now participate in a tournament for the right to face the original champion for their title.

Marsden has already achieved astonishing results for the company. Despite his recent draw against the fierce Adam Riley, nothing yet taints Marsden's ongoing 9-0 winning streak. He currently has 4 R/H Finish Victories against female competitors and fans do not expect this number to remain low for very long.

Traits:

1st:
Boosted Stamina (+10)

Boosted Stamina

Effect: Characters that take 'Boosted Stamina' immediately gain +10 to their base Stamina. This changes their Maximum to 70 (rather than the normal 60) if they wish to put points into it as they level.

2nd:
Attack of Opportunity

Effect: After an opponent fumbles a strike or a grab attempt, characters with 'Attack of Opportunity' can start their turn with a free strike attempt at no stamina cost. This is rolled normally and can still be a critical hit. Any additional actions can be done normally (including an additional strike or a grab attempt at normal stamina cost).

3rd:
Heavy-Hitter (+1 Striking)

This fighter has focused on building his striking power. Be it a punch, kick, knee, chop or whatever it may be; whenever he lands a blow... he makes it count.

Effect: Characters taking Heavy-Hitter receives +1 to their Striking. As a result, this also increases their maximum by 1. Striking is normally maxed at 10, it becomes 11 when taking this trait.

4th:

Twisted Crow

Tyler Rand the "Sleeping Dragon"
(played by Twisted Crow)

HT: 5'11
Build: Slim, but toned physique.
Hair: Brown, dark and styled short
Eyes: Green, forest

STATS

Level: 2
XP: 80
Aspect: Class-Act

Fighting Style: Self-styled (Hybrid of Kung Fu, Jujitsu & Taichi Ch'uan)

Fight Record (0 Matches)

Stamina: 28
Climax: 22

Initiative : 2
Accuracy: 4
Defense: 5

Professional Promo Photo
Light Training

Special Details/Bio:

Inspired by zen teachings and various Chinese and Japanese folklore, Tyler Rand was trained by many skilled martial artists. A somewhat naïve romancist, Rand finds himself joining Date with Destiny to make ends meet. While reluctant to encourage the gimmicks that the company is known for, his ideology alone cannot pay bills or keep him fed. He prefers to analyze his opponent and their their momentum against them. Due to his tactical mindset, he took the nickname "Sleeping Dragon", named as tribute of sorts to the legendary Three Kingdoms strategist Zhuge Liang. His favorite foods are sushi, buffalo wings and pasta -- and due to his fascination with the cultures, he has a particular fondness for Asian women.

Traits:

1st:
Attack of Opportunity

Attack of Opportunity

Effect: After an opponent fumbles a strike or a grab attempt, characters with 'Attack of Opportunity' can start their turn with a free strike attempt at no stamina cost. This is rolled normally and can still be a critical hit. Any additional actions can be done normally (including an additional strike or a grab attempt at normal stamina cost).

2nd:
3rd:
4th:

scribus1000

Oh man, this game! I remember being psyched for this...if I have space I think I'll whip up a character for it. Or bring back one already made. :)
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Vercile

scribus1000

I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-