Star Wars The Force Unleashed!

Started by Sabby, September 14, 2008, 08:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckian

Yeah, that's what it sounds like to me.  A tech demo for the next generation of hardware that can pump this kind of power.

Damatos

I finished the PSP version just today........I mean Yesterday. Now I'm in the classic battle which are very cool. I love the game and the end is very epic and very true. The Emperor, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. Meet Darth Starkiller or should I say Jedi Master Starkiller, he's the new master now.
Lust, a true must.
A hellish night like a demon's gust.

"I'm an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos? It's fair." -The Joker

My ideas --> https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=20903.msg809998#new

Sabby

I just finished it on Sith Lord difficulty (hard) it took me 13 hours. I will NOT spoil a thing, but the last level is just too epic for words... and the final boss battle is particularly tough, but if you get the pattern right, its really fun to play.

Grimm

I've yet to mess around with Sith Lord difficulty.  Though, now that I've maxed out the Apprentice's stats I suppose I should do it.  *Sigh*  That last boss fight is going to be rough.  Was I the only one that had more trouble with the Dark Side boss battle than the Light Side one?

I actually ended up enjoying the game, though I spent closer to eight hours getting through it.  I enjoyed the ability to choose costumes and mess around with my lightsaber crystals, even though after KOTOR that doesn't seem that impressive.  I would've liked to see more character and lightsaber hilt customization, but that didn't really effect my enjoyment of the gameplay that much.  And the beautiful graphics more than made up for my slight aesthetic dissatisfaction. 

I also enjoyed the new force abilities that this game added to the already impressive library of Jedi/Sith specific skills that we've seen heroes employ in the universe thus far.

Of course, since I'm a giant Star Wars nerd, I would probably be salivating over a dead rat impaled on a stick if it had the Star Wars label on it.

Sabby

I would really like to see the Force Push effects removed... or at least an option to do so. It would look much more authentic and cool to extend your hand and see everyone hurtle away without the big wavy cone of blue.

magnamos

I got it on saturday (since Too Human left quiet a gap story-wise) and was a little disapointed after I got through it in like 5 hours. The Story was nice though but.... very sad :(

I think I will play it on a different difficulty if I survive all the cruel moments a second time.

MagicalPen

Talk about glitchy. My coworker gave me his copy (which he had bought in secret) since his wife bought it for his birthday. Playing through, and I really hate how narrow-minded the levels are. You get funneled, aka there is only one path and you can't get lost or get confused as to where to go. And the glitches...

Noticed running on 'rough' terrain or even standing still on it, my character is 'floating' above the ground. Also found a spot, near a major objective, where if you fall off the cliff, you get stuck. The character animation gets stuck in the gliding/falling motion (looks like Preying Mantis position from the Karate Kid) and you can glide around at the same level over the cliff until you find a random spot where your character will all of a sudden fall to his death. Kinda annoying, and pretty bad glitches.

I plan on trading the game in tomorrow at any rate (got it for free) for DEAD SPACE for the PC instead (or the new Land of Goo game).

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

magnamos

If the XBox Version had a cheat or acomplishment to enable the Ayla Secura Character, like it's possible on the Wii it would add greatly to the value of that game. Though I think I will keep it. I already bid on Gears of War, Fallout 3 and I expect Unreal Championship 2 to get delivered soon. That should keep me busy and helps over the frustration of the sad story line.

There is also one point, I don't blame the Beta Tester and Developer for not noticing it, if you get knocked down and take another knocking back projectil you're pushed through the wall and get stuck there. It was fun like for 5 Minutes to run around below the Storm Troopers and yell "Nah nah :P" all the time. Then I had to reload the last Chekpoint.