Two Group Game Ideas, True Blood or Warhammer

Started by Google, May 24, 2013, 12:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Google

So I have ideas for group games but really I should only go with one of the two.

The first is set in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future. I am a massive 40K fan and I love the Horus Heresy, I would very much enjoy starting a game which would be set in a hive world, the politics and subtle warfare of the privileged and powerful in a Universe where everything is out to kill you. Honestly I don't have much of a plot in mind for this setting just yet but I can quickly build something with a little bit of input from those around me. In this one I would be immensely open to ideas, well I am always open to ideas... right below is an image of the sort of city the game would take place in... the Hive. (Probably not to keen on having Astartes running around the setting)

The other idea revolves around True Blood, it would take place just after the end at the last season but would pretty much evolve separate of what is going to happen in the upcoming season. To clarify things... the Vampire Authority have all died and there is a good amount of turmoil in the world of the world's Vampire Population... especially when Tru Blood supplies have become more scarce since several of the production plants were bombed (Tru Blood is still available but the price will be high so vampires who are trying to live "clean" need to make a choice).
In New York the ruler of the city (a king or queen I am open to the idea) is striving to maintain control and keep rumors of the Authority's demise quiet, the sheriff of New York City is growing restless and may be plotting to make a move, and a new vampire, even older then the ruler of New York, has arrived in the city and is intent on taking advantage of the chaos.
For the purpose of the game the oldest vampire will be close to 2000 years old, in the neighborhood of 1800 with the ruler of New York being about a century younger. Weres and Fea will of course be welcome in the game as will humans, the primary plot of this being the political upheaval with different factions trying to take of gain control over the others.

So please vote, let me know what you want... and if you have an idea for either of the games then please make it public here or just PM me... I will be looking for help running the games as well.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

selfexiled

Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Baalborn87

40k, 40K, 40k!

I mean, I'm interested. Would this be using the proper rp rules (Dark heresy)?

HairyHeretic

If you're going for Hive nobility, Rogue Trader might actually work better. At least in terms of wealth, power and minions :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Google

I was planning on freeform, focusing more on politics and court intrigue.
Psychopaths cannot feel love.
Not in the traditional meaning.
To a psychopath DOMINATION is the closest sensation to love.
Though it is much greater.
Its intensity is all consuming.
(Note... I am a touch under the weather so replies may be slow for the next day or two, I do apologize.)

Sara Nilsson

would be up for some 40k

*mumbles.. death to the false emperor of mankind*

Ace Flyer

Huh, no cries for the Great Good? Awww...

Anyway, I'd be up for a 40k RP.

selfexiled

HA! The Emperor is the greater good not what those xenos tought.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Trafalgar

Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

arkhos

40K here as well, especially if Xenos are allowed. ;)

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Baalborn87

Sara Nilsson

guessing this isnt getting off the ground so taking back my interest.